Jirachi event coming to Gamestop locations

[Updated]Jirachi event coming to Gamestop locations at Feb 27th-March 13th

Receive the Pokémon Jirachi during a distribution event at GameStop from February 27th to March 13th!
One of the most elusive Pokémon is soon going to be available: receive Jirachi into your Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum Version game for a limited time at participating GameStop stores in the United States and Puerto Rico! This Jirachi is very special, with unique moves and items that will make it a must-have for your Pokémon collection! Plus, Jirachi holds a secret that will be revealed when you trade it into a copy of Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver Version!
Mechanics:

Unique moves sounds interesting, especially on Jira

I'd love to see a Serene Gracer with Seed Flare, Octazooka, Sacred Fire, Lava Plume, or anything of that nature.

As for level, I doubt it'll be at 100 - Arceus is a god, after all.

Edit - Apparently the only unique move it knows is Draco Meteor, which has no beneficial secondary effect at all - how thoroughly disappointing :(

I believe it is coming at lv5 with draco meteor learned. If it's just something where they download it to your ds.. meh. I'd rather be able to control the IVs/nature. Basically like the wifi events, wifi > game stop events

ok this is what I have heard about the stats:

Jirachi @ Liechi Berry
Lv. 5
OT: GAMESTP
ID No.: 02270
Ability: Serene Grace
Caught in: Cherish Ball
Moves: Wish
Confusion
Rest
Draco Meteor
Ribbon: Classic Ribbon

So if you receive it from Gamestop I'm guessing the nature and IVs are always the same? Will it not work if you saved inside the PokeMart and SRed?

Is there a set date for this to be available in Gamestop though? I'd like to keep this guy a trophy Pokemon.

Also, Draco Meteor isn't that bad, he might not get a STAB for it but a least it gives Jirachi an edge against legendary dragon type Pokemons that have other secondary types other than Flying or Ice.

At the very least the IVs won't be set, I went for the Pichu event a few days ago and while you could only get it as Jolly, the IVs were random.

I would imagine the nature would be random for this Jirachi also, because the Wi-Fi one given away on Japanese DPPt games last summer had a random nature.

I believe it is coming at lv5 with draco meteor learned. If it's just something where they download it to your ds.. meh. I'd rather be able to control the IVs/nature. Basically like the wifi events, wifi > game stop events

ok this is what I have heard about the stats:

Jirachi @ Liechi Berry
Lv. 5
OT: GAMESTP
ID No.: 02270
Ability: Serene Grace
Caught in: Cherish Ball
Moves: Wish
Confusion
Rest
Draco Meteor
Ribbon: Classic Ribbon
No? The IV's have never been set for GameStop or TRU events.

Also this has been known about for a fairly long time.

At the very least the IVs won't be set, I went for the Pichu event a few days ago and while you could only get it as Jolly, the IVs were random.

ya i was under the impression that the pichu was locked in as jolly to make it shiny (i think i remember something about nature affecting that equation for whether something is shiny or not)

and for whoever asked the dates are Feb 27 - March 13

Ugh, Level 5, really? So much for IV's, I guess. It's also going to be annoying to make yet another trip to Gamestop. Two days ago for Pichu, probably in a few days to pre-order HG/SS, then get Jirachi, then getting the actual games.

I don't think it would be a terribly bad idea for Nintendo to do more Wi-Fi events. Sure, Gamestop events tempt you to buy something while you're there, but if you're badass enough you can just drive right by the store and download the event from outside.

Ugh, Level 5, really? So much for IV's, I guess. It's also going to be annoying to make yet another trip to Gamestop. Two days ago for Pichu, probably in a few days to pre-order HG/SS, then get Jirachi, then getting the actual games.

I don't think it would be a terribly bad idea for Nintendo to do more Wi-Fi events. Sure, Gamestop events tempt you to buy something while you're there, but if you're badass enough you can just drive right by the store and download the event from outside.
I do this for my local GameStop and TRU at home, but the one I have here at school is in a mall and I actually have to go inside. I have also done WiFi events from the Panera Bread parking lot a few times :P

I do this for my local GameStop and TRU at home, but the one I have here at school is in a mall and I actually have to go inside. I have also done WiFi events from the Panera Bread parking lot a few times :P
On a completely irrelevant note, I work at Panera and I would LOVE to see someone using our Wi-Fi to download Pokemon events.

That's weird. There's a Gamestop next to a Panera Bread near wear I live O.o

If you want to keep yourself from being tempted just go with no money.

No? The IV's have never been set for GameStop or TRU events.

Also this has been known about for a fairly long time.
Just because they are not set does not mean you have any control over them. If they give you a jirachi that's it, the IVs/nature is done. If you catch it you have a lot more control. I personally hate the GS events because I hate GS and will never buy anything from them.

isn't the OP's avatar of breasts? kinda strange that is allowed. I don't care, I'm an adult and they are no stranger to me but still.

Just because they are not set does not mean you have any control over them. If they give you a jirachi that's it, the IVs/nature is done. If you catch it you have a lot more control. I personally hate the GS events because I hate GS and will never buy anything from them.

isn't the OP's avatar of breasts? kinda strange that is allowed. I don't care, I'm an adult and they are no stranger to me but still.
You can RNG a wondercard. FYI.

Just like with all the other Wonder Card pokemon, when you go to pick it up from the PokeMart, the IVs are generated when you receive the pokemon... just like when you catch one with a pokeball in the wild.

If you want one with good IVs, pick it up at the PokeMart, get it to level 40+ with Rare Candies, and check its IVs. If they're too low, soft-reset your game and pick it up at the PokeMart again. Just like any legendary.

Just like with all the other Wonder Card pokemon, when you go to pick it up from the PokeMart, the IVs are generated when you receive the pokemon... just like when you catch one with a pokeball in the wild.

If you want one with good IVs, pick it up at the PokeMart, get it to level 40+ with Rare Candies, and check its IVs. If they're too low, soft-reset your game and pick it up at the PokeMart again. Just like any legendary.
Or just talk to the guy in the Battle Frontier and see the total IV count of your Pokemon, If it's total results to Superior or Outstanding, it's worth looking further, if it's just decent or above average, Soft-reset.

i live in texas, with the Deoxys event i had no problem getting them from the parking, but for the Pichu event i actually had to go inside the store to get the Pichus, (yes, plural, i took several), and even inside the store had some problems downloading them, besides the guys were deusches and did something because on the 13th i couldnt download anymore :pirate:

so i went to other gamestop store to get more :naughty:

I'll be glad to get this Jirachi, if for no other reason than to add to my event collection. Draco Meteor is awesome as always, so we'll see what that does.

^And there is almost certainly going to be a 4th gen Celebi event for HGSS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)