Justification

Just thought of something: Where's Water/Dragon Gyarados and/or Megados?
I never said they both had to be Water/Dragon.

As for Fire/Rock, those few unfortunate weaknesses most definitely screw it over. Just ask the Rock/Steel types, who all have good attributes (Aggron with power and Defense, and Bastiodon and Probopass with mixed defenses) and resistances but are (or was, in Aggron's case, but that's only due to its Mega that gets rid of its Rock typing) stuck in the lower tiers because of their weaknesses.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And so I'm sucked into yet another Pet Mod. Can't help myself nowadays.

Corsola is a most pitiful mon by today's standards, so to start off, it should gain Spikes. It knows the move Spike Cannon, and all other users of that move (Cloyster, Omastar) can also stack Spikes, which is why Corsola is left out in that regard. And since its movepool and abilities are picked to make a good wall, buffing Corsola's HP stat to 95-105 wouldn't be uncalled for.

Castform should gain a boost in its base stats when it gains a weather, going from 60 -> 100 in all stats. There are plenty of alternative forms in other species that comes with base stats changes, such as Darmanitan's Zen Mode and Aegislash's Stance Change, so this would run along the same pattern. Having 100 in all stats wouldn't make it too frightening either as Mew has been managed just fine, not to mention that Castform is still ABSOLUTELY RELIANT on weather.

As for your Rotom formes, I'd suggest these move suggestions:

Rotom-W Surf Bubblebeam/Soak, Rotom-F Ice Beam Freeze Dry/Frost Breath, Rotom-H Flamethrower Heatwave, Rotom-M Giga Drain Grass Knot
Surfing generally involves enveloping the user in water, while Rotom-W can only shoot out water. I thought Scald would be just fine as it already had Will-o-Wisp to threaten physical attackers with, but if that doesn't fly, Bubblebeam and Soak really is the only things left to include imo that fits with the washing theme. Maybe Water Pulse as well.

As for Rotom-F, the freezer is about BEING cold, and not actually shooting out ice, which is why Freeze Dry and Frost Breath both makes more sense flavor wise. The former is somewhat pointless as it already electric stab (although Water/Ground says hi), and the latter is essentially the same as Ice Beam that thwarts setup with lesser accuracy.

Rotom-H should have Heat Wave instead of Flamethrower. I really shouldn't need to give any reasons for this.

Rotom-M is definitely the oddball out of the bunch since being a mower doesn't really make it connected to vegetation itself, but since GF has settled to let it spout out leaves, then that's the line of thought we need to approach, so Grass Knot feels like an appropriate pick since it'll be manipulating the field it's about to mow. Or something. I guess. :M Giga Drain doesn't feel fitting for a mower in any case.

Hurricane fits well for Rotom-C, although we really should leave Levitate untouched. I mean, I understand why anyone would want to change it, but since all Rotom members have that ability, it's less about function and more about theme.

Also, Beedrill needs Mega Horn, for reasons earlier stated (see Escavalier). But if its lack of horn concerns you that much, then making it an Egg move for Weedle (who DO have a horn) shouldn't be too much of a trouble.

Otherwise, I'd urger everyone to be more restrictive with what they're proposing. If you want to create new moves, abilities and overall boost mons in such a manner that it goes against their flavor in order to become more viable, then there are other Pet Mods that does that very thing. But as the very name of this Mod is 'Justification', then things that have been thoroughly questioned should be corrected here, and not just improve things for the sake of it. Which is why I feel inclined to object against these changes:

Icicle Spear Heracross
Despite its access to Bullet Seed, ALL current users of Icicle Spear are either Ice or Water type (or preferrably both). This change only exists because you want to complement its Skill Link ability it received this gen, and not some glaring flaw that has been around 'til now.

Dragon/Ground Dunsparce
Dragon?

Dragon.

Dragon.

You may need to ellaborate on that one. Ground I can understand, but it being a serperent does not justify mythical lizard status.

Swellow Atk swapped with Sp Atk
This was only suggested because it now has Boomburst available. Like its Scrappy ability, this too should be scrapped.

Musharna Magic Bounce
Apart from immensely improving Musharna, what's the actual reason this is suggested? It's enveloped in dream smoke, not coated in a mystical veil.

Stunfisk Huge Power
No Huge Power. Just no. Because no.

Mandibuzz Shell Smash
Like others have stated, even in its baby stage, having an egg diaper doesn't make much for a shell. While it's far from broken with it, having it as an option really isn't justified.

Thundurus Bolt Strike
You opted not to give Rotom-W Scald, but you're okay with giving a Defiant user a 130 BP STAB move?

Thunderbolt Delphox
Apart from HP Elecrtric, Delphox has no Electric moves in its arsenal, so please avoid making it a Magmortar clone. It's not unheard of, but I suspect this has more with Del's lack of coverage rather than something it's elligible to have.

I may suggest more, but if this turns out to be yet another Wishlist Mod, then I see no reason why this mod needs to exist as the suggestions here can be incorporated in the other Mods.

You opted not to give Rotom-W Scald, but you're okay with giving a Defiant user a 130 BP STAB move?
Thundurus is the Bolt Strike Pokemon. Seriously.

Edit: SUGGESTIONS
Blastoise should get a Steel subtype, because of the METAL cannons on its back. It even learns Flash Cannon by level-up!
Speaking of Blastoise, Mega Launcher should boost all the moves in this pastebin. Also, give Blastoise and Clawitzer all the ones that make sense in it.
Speaking of Mega Launcher, Magmortar should get it because ARM CANNONS, and give Magmortar all the moves that make sense in the pastebin.

Bummer Edit: Please only quote the part you're replying to, thanks.
Sims Edit: Okay, got it. Love your webcomic by the way, but that's off-topic. MOAR SUGGESTIONS

• Fearow should get Brave Bird. I honestly don't know why it doesn't. Think about it.
  • Sandslash should get Spikes (it's covered in spikes) and Toxic Spikes (if its spikes are toxic enough for it to get Poison Sting by level-up, it should get this). Maybe give it Cross Poison, for the same reason as Toxic Spikes.
  • Make Ninetales Fire/Ghost-type and give it Curse. (Y Pokedex Entry: "Very smart and very vengeful. Grabbing one of its many tails could result in a 1,000-year curse.") If you don't want the typing, at least give the move. That and the move Psychic. (Seriously, it gets Psyshock AND Extrasensory but not Psychic? WHAT?)
  • Machamp deserves Mach Punch. Maybe as an egg move.
  • This isn't as glaring as the others, but maybe you should give Victreebel Strong Jaw and the Elemental Fangs (replace Gluttony).
  • Mega Gengar deserves a nerf. I think Prankster would fit with what Gengar is, while still giving it a good niche.
  • Hypno should be a Psychic/Dark type, as it was implied to kidnap and molest children in FireRed and LeafGreen.

Last edited:

Surfing generally involves enveloping the user in water, while Rotom-W can only shoot out water. I thought Scald would be just fine as it already had Will-o-Wisp to threaten physical attackers with, but if that doesn't fly, Bubblebeam and Soak really is the only things left to include imo that fits with the washing theme. Maybe Water Pulse as well.
Soak Rotom-W is also too good. It's a move that removes the opponent's STAB(s) unless they're a Water-type (and Rotom-W resists Water) and makes them weak to Volt Switch.

Apart from immensely improving Musharna, what's the actual reason this is suggested? It's enveloped in dream smoke, not coated in a mystical veil.
That's probably my fault. I suggested Magic Bounce Musharna in the OU Theorymon Project, although you can't really say that Espeon or Xatu are covered in mystical veils, either.

Like others have stated, even in its baby stage, having an egg diaper doesn't make much for a shell. While it's far from broken with it, having it as an option really isn't justified.
Isn't it a skull diaper, though?

Defiant's its Dream World ability; I'm sure we can figure out some way to make it incompatible with Bolt Strike. Rotom-W can't do that.

Apart from HP Elecrtric, Delphox has no Electric moves in its arsenal, so please avoid making it a Magmortar clone. It's not unheard of, but I suspect this has more with Del's lack of coverage rather than something it's elligible to have.
Delphox is a wizard; I can definitely see it learning Thunderbolt and more through TMs, which are kind of like spells from a spellbook.

And so I'm sucked into yet another Pet Mod. Can't help myself nowadays.

Corsola is a most pitiful mon by today's standards, so to start off, it should gain Spikes. It knows the move Spike Cannon, and all other users of that move (Cloyster, Omastar) can also stack Spikes, which is why Corsola is left out in that regard. And since its movepool and abilities are picked to make a good wall, buffing Corsola's HP stat to 95-105 wouldn't be uncalled for.

True, added.

Castform should gain a boost in its base stats when it gains a weather, going from 60 -> 100 in all stats. There are plenty of alternative forms in other species that comes with base stats changes, such as Darmanitan's Zen Mode and Aegislash's Stance Change, so this would run along the same pattern. Having 100 in all stats wouldn't make it too frightening either as Mew has been managed just fine, not to mention that Castform is still ABSOLUTELY RELIANT on weather.

Hmm, this sounds //ok//, but I think I'll settle on 95 all around.

Scald just puts pressure on the opponent and it is un-Tauntable, which could be too strong. It's also 100% accurate, unlike Will-o-Wisp, albeit it doesn't always Burn, it certainly has a high chance. Soak is only learned by pure Water-types (with the exception of Pelipper and Chinchou) by natural means, and Rotom-W just doesn't seem like a good candidate. Bubble Beam makes sense somewhat, but it doesn't help it at all. Water Pulse, however, I like. But, I'm still unsure, as Surf kind of makes sense, but not entirely, as mentioned. I'll think about it.

As for Rotom-F, the freezer is about BEING cold, and not actually shooting out ice, which is why Freeze Dry and Frost Breath both makes more sense flavor wise. The former is somewhat pointless as it already electric stab (although Water/Ground says hi), and the latter is essentially the same as Ice Beam that thwarts setup with lesser accuracy.

Freeze-Dry is cool, I like that, changing Ice Beam to Freeze-Dry.

Rotom-H should have Heat Wave instead of Flamethrower. I really shouldn't need to give any reasons for this.

Rotom-M is definitely the oddball out of the bunch since being a mower doesn't really make it connected to vegetation itself, but since GF has settled to let it spout out leaves, then that's the line of thought we need to approach, so Grass Knot feels like an appropriate pick since it'll be manipulating the field it's about to mow. Or something. I guess. :M Giga Drain doesn't feel fitting for a mower in any case.

Grass Knot is //ok//, but I think I'll stick with Giga Drain because it doesn't really have vines (does it?) to use Grass Knot.

Hurricane fits well for Rotom-C, although we really should leave Levitate untouched. I mean, I understand why anyone would want to change it, but since all Rotom members have that ability, it's less about function and more about theme.

I guess this is true, or we could change all their abilities to something unique, either way, I don't like Rotom-C with Levitate.

Also, Beedrill needs Mega Horn, for reasons earlier stated (see Escavalier). But if its lack of horn concerns you that much, then making it an Egg move for Weedle (who DO have a horn) shouldn't be too much of a trouble.

Yeah, I'll add this too!

Otherwise, I'd urger everyone to be more restrictive with what they're proposing. If you want to create new moves, abilities and overall boost mons in such a manner that it goes against their flavor in order to become more viable, then there are other Pet Mods that does that very thing. But as the very name of this Mod is 'Justification', then things that have been thoroughly questioned should be corrected here, and not just improve things for the sake of it. Which is why I feel inclined to object against these changes:

Despite its access to Bullet Seed, ALL current users of Icicle Spear are either Ice or Water type (or preferrably both). This change only exists because you want to complement its Skill Link ability it received this gen, and not some glaring flaw that has been around 'til now.

I was unaware of this, but then again, Bullet Seed also follows this change, with their being only seven Pokemon that learn Bullet Seed that aren't Mew, Arceus, or Grass-types. Bullet Seed is also a TM, it's much more widespread. I don't know, Icicle Spear could make sense for this reason, as how does Bullet Seed make sense? It doesn't, just to compliment Skill Link.

Dragon?

Dragon.

Dragon.

You may need to ellaborate on that one. Ground I can understand, but it being a serperent does not justify mythical lizard status.

This is what Dunsparce is based off of: link, and it's also a feathered serpent, a rare serpent considered by many to be supernatural beings. It makes sense, about as much as Altaria, who's Dragon for being based off of an ancient creature with Dragon-like features. I can see how it doesn't make much sense, and I'd be happy to make it Normal / Ground (or just Ground), but Dragon / Ground just makes sense in my eyes.

This was only suggested because it now has Boomburst available. Like its Scrappy ability, this too should be scrapped.

I meant to remove this anyways, thanks for reminding me u.u!

Hmm, I actually do not know! Will remove unless someone has a reason for it!

No Huge Power. Just no. Because no.

Also meant to remove this one, it was just a joke lol.

Yeah :)

It is called the Bolt Strike Pokemon, but I'm changing Defiant probably, or changing its ability. Here's the change for Defiant, by the way:
- When a stat is lowered, the Pokemon's Attack is raised by one and lowers Speed by one
Sound fair now?

Delphox makes sense with Thunderbolt because of its witch / mage theory, but I also don't like this move very much, will most likely remove.

I may suggest more, but if this turns out to be yet another Wishlist Mod, then I see no reason why this mod needs to exist as the suggestions here can be incorporated in the other Mods.

Ok, I've yet to update the OP, but I'm letting everyone know I will be making the layout cleaner. Also, I am going to nerf the following three things:
  • Defiant activates when a stat is lowered; however, the users Attack is raised by one in contrast, its Speed is now lowered one stage as well.
  • Competitive follows this ^
  • Moody now lowers a stat by one every other turn, and raises one every other turn.
The last one hopefully would make Moody unbanned.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think Keldeo should get a special version of Justification. Perhaps call it Vindication? It's not using that Attack stat anytime soon, and it's a wonder why Game Freak gave it such an unproductive ability in the first place.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I think Keldeo should get a special version of Justification. Perhaps call it Vindication? It's not using that Attack stat anytime soon, and it's a wonder why Game Freak gave it such an unproductive ability in the first place.
Probably because it's awesome enough w/o literally making sucker punch a liabillity, plus this seems like a mindless offensive buff that just hurts everything else. it's A+ it doesn't need a buff, thats like giving mega ttar sand force but better.

Valmanway

Probably because it's awesome enough w/o literally making sucker punch a liabillity, plus this seems like a mindless offensive buff that just hurts everything else. it's A+ it doesn't need a buff, thats like giving mega ttar sand force but better.
We have a few things that could qualify as mindless offensive buffs, such as Extremespeed Garchomp, Sucker Punch and Knock Off Tyranitar, Shell Smash Blastoise, and Techno Blast Porygon-Z. To be honest, special Justification on Keldeo seems kind of subtle in comparison, since you have to actually be hit with a Dark-type move to get the stat increase.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
We have a few things that could qualify as mindless offensive buffs, such as Extremespeed Garchomp, Sucker Punch and Knock Off Tyranitar, Shell Smash Blastoise, and Techno Blast Porygon-Z. To be honest, special Justification on Keldeo seems kind of subtle in comparison, since you have to actually be hit with a Dark-type move to get the stat increase.
I don't see how SS toise or techno blast PZ are mindless but I disgree with the with the two former so I don'see your point. I don't see why we should acept mindless offensive as the norm instead of actually fixing the problem. Plus they are muskateerz, the fighters for good, justfied IS justified

Also fuck knock off amirite

Valmanway

I don't see how SS toise or techno blast PZ are mindless but I disgree with the with the two former so I don'see your point. I don't see why we should acept mindless offensive as the norm instead of actually fixing the problem. Plus they are muskateerz, the fighters for good, justfied IS justified
Keldeo's kind of the black duck of the musketeers, and getting Secret Sword and an alternate form kind of show it. Following that logic, a special version of Justified doesn't sound too odd to me.

We have a few things that could qualify as mindless offensive buffs, such as Extremespeed Garchomp (it flies at high speeds), Sucker Punch and Knock Off Tyranitar (Tyranitar is like one of three Dark-types who don't get these moves lol), Shell Smash Blastoise (With that Speed? Nah), and Techno Blast Porygon-Z (lol, this isn't really broken). To be honest, special Justification on Keldeo seems kind of subtle in comparison, since you have to actually be hit with a Dark-type move to get the stat increase.
I'm //ok// with this, but can you justify it more ?__?

Valmanway

I'm //ok// with this, but can you justify it more ?__?
Those are flavorful, and the latter two examples were probably not the best examples I could have made, but I was just saying Extreme Speed Garchomp and Sucker Punch/Knock Off Tyranitar could be considered mindless offensive buffs.

As for my justification for Keldeo getting a special version of Justified, Justified raises its useless Attack stat, and flavorwise, if he wants to keep up with the other musketeers, he should have his better offense getting the power-up. And he's supposed to be special from the other musketeers, and his alternate form and Secret Sword have given us that impression. So it seems weird that he has a useless ability when all of the musketeers can make use of Justified.

Those are flavorful, and the latter two examples were probably not the best examples I could have made, but I was just saying Extreme Speed Garchomp and Sucker Punch/Knock Off Tyranitar could be considered mindless offensive buffs.

As for my justification for Keldeo getting a special version of Justified, Justified raises its useless Attack stat, and flavorwise, if he wants to keep up with the other musketeers, he should have his better offense getting the power-up. And he's supposed to be special from the other musketeers, and his alternate form and Secret Sword have given us that impression. So it seems weird that he has a useless ability when all of the musketeers can make use of Justified.
I do agree Justified needs to be justified, but it needs to be in a way that makes sense, maybe make an ability that lowers Defense but raises SpA by one, just to make it easier to kill. For example:
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 121-142 (37.4 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 148-175 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 50.8% chance to 2HKO
That's an 83.2% - 98% damage, meaning any prior damage w/ entry hazards will kill it. This makes it not potentially broken and much easier to handle.

Valmanway

I do agree Justified needs to be justified, but it needs to be in a way that makes sense, maybe make an ability that lowers Defense but raises SpA by one, just to make it easier to kill. For example:
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 121-142 (37.4 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 148-175 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 50.8% chance to 2HKO
That's an 83.2% - 98% damage, meaning any prior damage w/ entry hazards will kill it. This makes it not potentially broken and much easier to handle.
I can dig it.

Magma

I do agree Justified needs to be justified, but it needs to be in a way that makes sense, maybe make an ability that lowers Defense but raises SpA by one, just to make it easier to kill.
Or you can make it similar to the other stat-raising abilities (Lightning Rod, Motor Drive, Sap Sipper, Storm Drain), and grant the user an immunity to Dark.

Not a great buff for Keldeo, but being immune to Knock Off keeps Justified from being completely pointless.

(This would also make Arcanine a solid Bisharp counter.)

How about each Musketeer gets a version of Justified related to their highest Stat?

So Keldeo Would get a SpA version, Terrakion the regular version, Cobalion a defense version, and Virizion a SpDef version.

• Moody now lowers a stat by one every other turn, and raises one every other turn.
The last one hopefully would make Moody unbanned.
You should also make it not affect evasion and accuracy if you want it unbanned, part of why it was banned from even ubers was the evasion making it even more uncompetitive.

Other things:
Bulletproof should block Flash Cannon.

Sceptile, Ampharos, and Charizard should get Draco Meteor because of their mega forms.

Ampharos' evolution line should get Tail Glow, they have light bulbs on their tails. If you remember Gold/Silver, part of the story involved an Ampharos so bright it was being used as a lighthouse.

I'm not sure why Celebi doesn't get Psyshock like the rest of the psychics. Unless someone can explain its special treatment, I think it should get Psyshock.

Here are the current ability changes to be added, now:
  • Defiant activates when a stat is lowered; however, the users Attack is raised by one in contrast, its Speed is now lowered one stage as well.
  • Moody now lowers a stat by one every other turn, and raises one every other turn; Evasion and Accuracy are no longer boosted.
  • The swordsman now all get exclusive abilities, bar Cobalion.
    • Cobalion – Justified [Keeps Justified, as it seems to be the oldest wisest one.]
    • Keldeo – Audacious [Audacious, because Keldeo is a risk-taker and challenges Kyurem hastily.]
      • Audacious: The users Special Attack is raised by one when hit by a Dark-type move; however, Defense is lowered by one.
    • Terrakion – Guide [Terrakion appears to be the most helpful and kind of the trio, thus, Guide made sense.]
      • Guide: The users Defense is raised by one if hit by a Dark-type move; however, Special Attack is lowered by one.
    • Virizion – Monitor [Virizion listens to the sound of grass, listening and watching carefully; monitor fits this description.]
      • Monitor: When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon has its Special Defense raised by one; however, its Defense is lowered.
  • Bulletproof blocks Flash Cannon and Aura Sphere now.
  • Keen Eye now acts like Infiltrator, avoiding Substitute, Reflect, and Light Screen.
  • Hyper Cutter now has the same effect as Generation Six Defiant, not the Defiant stated up there; if a stat is lowered, Attack is raised by two.
  • Big Pecks raises the users Defense by 20%, along with its current effect.
If anyone has any name suggestions for the swordsman, be my guest. And if you disagree with these changes, let me know. Especially the swordsman changes, as they need a bit of improvement, but this is how it stands atm.

• Moody now lowers a stat by one every other turn, and raises one every other turn; Evasion and Accuracy are no longer boosted.
    • Cobalion – Justified [Keeps Justified, as it seems to be the oldest wisest one.]
    • Keldeo – Audacious [Audacious, because Keldeo is a risk-taker and challenges Kyurem hastily.]
      • Audacious: The users Special Attack is raised by one when hit by a Dark-type move; however, Defense is lowered by one.
    • Terrakion – Guide [Terrakion appears to be the most helpful and kind of the trio, thus, Guide made sense.]
      • Guide: The users Defense is raised by one if hit by a Dark-type move; however, Special Attack is lowered by one.
    • Virizion – Monitor [Virizion listens to the sound of grass, listening and watching carefully; monitor fits this description.]
      • Monitor: When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon has its Special Defense raised by one; however, its Defense is lowered.
  • Keen Eye now acts like Infiltrator, avoiding Substitute, Reflect, and Light Screen.
  • Hyper Cutter now has the same effect as Generation Six Defiant, not the Defiant stated up there; if a stat is lowered, Attack is raised by two.
If anyone has any name suggestions for the swordsman, be my guest. And if you disagree with these changes, let me know. Especially the swordsman changes, as they need a bit of improvement, but this is how it stands atm.

>New Hyper Cutter on Crawdaunt
ARE YOU MAD?

Valmanway

Bisharp is even stronger than Crawdaunt (125 vs. 120) and Crawdaunt can't have Adaptability and Hyper Cutter at the same time. Crawdaunt is also slower and frailer. I fail to see how it is broken.
Aqua Jet and Crabhammer suddenly becoming twice as powerful? Yes please.

>New Hyper Cutter on Crawdaunt
ARE YOU MAD?
Here's a calc:
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 161-190 (53.6 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 238-281 (79.3 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It is a lot stronger than Adaptability, so there's that. It still has shit Speed, shit bulk, and is easily checked. However, it isn't guaranteed, unlike Adaptability. I'm considering making Hyper Cutter to Intimidate, for this reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)