League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Vayne is nothing like Caitlyn. Cait's ult is almost useless, and she loses damage lategame casting her spells. Vayne presses R and pentakills everyone.

If you like Cait's range, as an AD carry, try Ashe. Both have no steroid (Cait passive doesn't count) and long-range ults though Ashe's is global.

If you like lane dominance and bullying, try Miss Fortune and Graves since Graves mashes buttons and wins trades. Corki and Ezreal also have strong lane presence, so does Varus, but Varus and Ezreal require landing their skill shots to do relevant damage.

Vayne gets smacked around in lane unless your support goes hard and sets trades up for you to win, and then unlike Cait, does her strongest damage lategame.

Case in point: I 3-shot Aura Guardian's Ashe as Vayne with full build in a Smogon inhouse. Legit 1-2-3 YOU HAVE SLAIN AN ENEMY.

You can also try kog'maw. He loses trades early on but wins straight up battles. You gotta play aggressively but carefully.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
As a person who mostly only jungles, here are my initial thoughts on diana after a custom bot game.

Her W reminds me of Ahri's W - pretty much feels the same. Diana is very dependent on double buffs before ganking. You have to rush rylais on Diana so you arent so dependent on red buff and have a nice constant slow, though I was a little disappointed that her passive doesn't proc rylais slow. Her clear time is pretty fast and clears very fast after level 6. Reminds me kind of like a noct type jungler, where your ganks pre-6 arent that great but can work, but level 6 makes things much easier.

Also I feel bad for my AP mids that play with me because I am going to take every blue, kind of a bust that with Diana jungle you need blue so bad. Pretty much forced to go vlad/kennen mid with Diana jungle. Also messing around with masteries a ton, probably going to go 9 in utility for longer buffs.

edit: you really need level 6 to gank efficiently, disregard my comment about it

your sick damage allows you to gank any lane that provides the cc since you just kill them so fast. i was playing ali today and my friend was on diana and he got pretty fed ganking bot just because i held them in place while he unloaded his super good damage

after 6 she can gank solo but probably won't kill anything unless fed/lane helps out

Yeti

dark saturday
yo

Diana's out, which means it's time for our Smogon inhouse Protect the Faith game(s).

Just show up in #tf2 and say you want to play or something and we'll get a game going once we have 10.

At least one person needs Leona besides me, since I have Diana, unless someone else bought her too. We're going Team Leona kills Diana, and Team Diana kills Leona. First to 5 deaths on the other's chosen one wins.

Light-themed champions on Team Leona, Dark/Night-themed champions on Team Diana.

Is anybody else having troubles logging in?
I get to the login screen, but I'm having a lot of troubles pressing enter.
first locate your enter key on your keyboard
then position your finger above the key
then move your finger down so that it presses the key

congratulations you now know how to press enter

Yeti

dark saturday
o yea currently permitted champions for both sides:

Team Solari
Leona
Lux
Pantheon
Kayle
Jarvan 4
Ezreal
Garen
Zyra

Team Lunari
Diana
Nocturne
Vayne
Morgana
Warwick
Fiddlesticks
Cho'Gath

Banned
Twisted Fate
Karthus
Soraka
Twisted Fate
Shen
Twisted Fate

TF ruins the entire thing by letting you see where their chosen one is hiding and global ults are kinda homo in a game like this, also Soraka is the starchild so she doesn't really fit with either.

Champions not on the ban list can be up for negotiation to join either side.

Woosh.
Did not notice this thread at all (granted, I'm fairly new).
Awesome! Didn't know that many people on Smogon played LoL, thought it was all about teh Pogeymans. I'm pretty much a noob lol. Reached 1660 ELO then I got banned so I'm trying to reach level 30 again this summer.

Yeti

dark saturday
the question isn't "can't post in bold?" but rather

why would you ever think posting in all bold is a good idea?

Ja, have this urge to differentiate myself in every forum I attend. .-.
But enough about that, I came here to chat about LoL :D
I don't normally read through the forums, but I did yesterday and apparently Zyra is getting all her abilities nerfed iirc.

Protect the Faith champs list
Team Solari

Add

Taric - Has light particle effects and themed abilities, such as Radiance and Dazzle.

Discuss

Jayce - This is debatable, but I'm using the same logic that was used for Ezreal, although his light is electric so it may be different. Thoughts?
Lulu - Okay, so I'm a little biased here, but since there aren't any solar champions except for Leona, we have to take some liberties with the list. I think she is aesthetically in keeping with the spirit of the list, as a light-hearted nature mage (hey, we let Zyra on, and just look at Lulu's particle effects / lore and tell me she's not a nature mage of sorts). If anything, the main reason to not allow her, in my opinion, is that Lulu ult bonus HP + Leona's Eclipse might be too strong, but I'd like to see it first =)

Team Lunari

Add

Evelynn - Already discussed.
Akali - Shadow and twilight-themed champion who uses the twilight to stealth and has an attack called Crescent Slash.
Hecarim - The shadow of war. Another shadow champion, grimdark night pony thing.
Veigar - While his evil is depicted more comically, his kit is heavily linked to the night sky (and outer space, you know, like the moon...).
Talon - Yet another shadow assassin, because Team Lunari needs more of those. (Shadow Assult, The Blade's Shadow)

Discuss

Mordekaiser - I just think he is a suitably dark, evil champion, though his link to the night is tenuous (he emerged on the winter solstice, the longest night of the year).
Shaco - IDK, I just think it's fitting, but it's more difficult to argue than, like, Akali.

Banned

pookar - Scumbag cheater.

---

I know I suggested more champions for Team Lunari, but I don't think this is a bad thing at all, especially since Team Solari has the advantage in that Leona is a tank and not a squishy prime for Diana assassination (Team Lunari is an assassin comp...).

Can someone find a way to shoehorn in Lulu D:

Yeti

dark saturday
shaco stacking jitbs would be gayest of all time (BAN ME PLEASE)ry.

he's permabanned by virtue of 'why did you even mention him' doesn't need to be on the list.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
Suggesting that Kayle be banned from team Solari. Kayle ult + Leona's innate tankiness is just too much.

nid for lunari

because they need somethign that can heal and she likes to hide in the shadows because shes a panther.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)