League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Speaking of AD champions with random AP ratios in their kits, I'm getting tired of seeing AP Miss Fortune in my ARAM games. GOTTA MAKE IT RAIN I GUESS cuz there ain't any other reason to be building AP, especially not since her ult became physical damage so you don't even have an excuse to build Void Staff. :evan:

AP Rengar is melee Zilean with worse damage and shittier utility. Well, Rengar is manaless but still.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So AP Graves trades the immense power of buckshot, collateral damage, and indirectly weakens the utility of his e for a slightly stronger Smokescreen. You know, that move you don't use for anything but the vision reduction.

Speaking of AD champions with random AP ratios in their kits, I'm getting tired of seeing AP Miss Fortune in my ARAM games. GOTTA MAKE IT RAIN I GUESS cuz there ain't any other reason to be building AP, especially not since her ult became physical damage so you don't even have an excuse to build Void Staff.

She does have a .2 ratio per hit as well

So AP Graves trades the immense power of buckshot, collateral damage, and indirectly weakens the utility of his e for a slightly stronger Smokescreen. You know, that move you don't use for anything but the vision reduction.
except for the part where you use it as part of your burst combo in lane/midgame because it does 260 magic damage at rank 5, but yeah. That doesn't mean you build AP on him, though. AP Rengar is much more comparable to AP Sion because it has 2 1.0 AP ratios, gets kited very easily, and is bad late game. Main difference is that Sion has a stun whereas Rengar has stealth/gap closer and a slow instead of a stun.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Every team comp should be Galio mid, Wukong top, Leona/Varus bot, Amumu jungle. Me and a few of my friends played this and fed all game long, but ended up winning anyways due to two late game aces. Dat ~10 second long AoE CC.

Randomly ran into an old friend of mine in solo queue the other day. Amumu+Vlad is so incredibly strong, it's not even funny. Twice that game, we engaged 2v5 or 3v5 and Liqur walked away with a triple kill both times. He's running a triple magic pen build, which involves going Sorc->Haunting Guise->Abyssal, and combined with my passive, magic resist was completely useless against him. I built more on the AP side that game because I felt like trying it and our Volibear was naturally going to build tanky.

I've been finding that AD sona is more viable than you would think. She has a high burst compared to most carrys, and shreds the enemy team after you get your sheen. Around level 9, you can get up to a 250m + 98m + 80p + 80p (sheen). That's 508 damage without masteries, runes, or items other than sheen. 508 mixed damage is close to half an AD carry's health at equal level. Having another support with an AD sona (soraka is a good choice) is even more devastating, due to the spamming of heals and mana restore.

Uhm, did you factor Scaling MR Blues and Abyssal is MR 'Reduction'* (can reduce into negatives).

Probably not.
Of course not, MrE just loves to bitch and moan about stacking Magic penetration/reduction. In case you haven't noticed, he usually makes a comment about it every single time someone posts a screenshot from their games.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
@Amarillo:

Stay behind your minions.

Try to last hit.

Read guides.

Watch pros play.

All of this plus a little more=Profit.

How do you not suck? You have fun, don't insult your team or the other team. Try to work together and don't get angry when someone messes up (we all do).

Then you'll be smashing old chap!

Watch pros play.
This pretty much. Don't watch their fancy shit...the bigplaytowerdivingbaronsteals

Focus on what they do in between that. Positioning, CSing, and Harass.

Play champions like Shen, Twisted Fate, or Karth to develop map awareness.
Don't just play 1 Jungler.. play them all to learn thier strengths and weaknesses.
Ward. Ward if you are support, jungler, top, mid, and even ADC.

Uhm, did you factor Scaling MR Blues and Abyssal is MR 'Reduction'* (can reduce into negatives).

Probably not.

Of course not, MrE just loves to bitch and moan about stacking Magic penetration/reduction. In case you haven't noticed, he usually makes a comment about it every single time someone posts a screenshot from their games.

Hey or maybe those builds are actually really fucking inefficient

Reduction is applied before penetration is, meaning any penetration after 0 effective MR is totally useless, the same goes for that second abyssal aura

He sure showed their carries by penetrating 70 of their 30 MR.
Oh, no, nobody is saying that this is a great build on Vlad - I personally agree that that early of an Abyssal is kind of a waste of stats. It is quite hilarious to see your spells just rip through the enemy team no matter how much MR they build early, though. Building an early Revolver and heavy farming is almost certainly more effective, and the heavy magic pen is more likely to pay off late-game, making Abyssal a better buy after another key item like Deathcap. So I suppose you could go Sorc-Haunting Guise-Revolver-Deathcap-Abyssal if you wanted, although really my friend who mains Vlad religiously builds CDR boots-Revolver-Deathcap and he has something like a 70% win ratio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)