League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

if the guide was on a different website would it be better?

this guy has mained shaco for forever, every streamer ive ever watched says hes the most fearsome shaco theyve ever seen, etc

find me a better shaco player before you post plz, the guy with 45 games doesnt count
QmoneyAKAQDollas is the best shaco na with the best name na and his friend KmoneyAKAKDollas is also good name

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
riot is bad with not letting things play out and nerfing champs pretty fast before people can come up with counters/counterplay. though a lot of the stuff does deserved to be nerfed, like jayce/tf during their whole 100 percent pick/ban in korea for months.

i really hope oracles gets removed, as someone who mainly played support this season in ranked, oracles is stupid and it has been ever since s2 with double gp5 and oracles 10 mins in. maybe if support itemization wasnt so bad people would care about buying items instead of just boots 5 wards/oracles. support itemization got shit when bulwark was removed (wasn't even good to begin with). im not really sure what riot is doing to address this, but according to liftlift its completely different, i assume its going to be like ward limit? idk just watching korean games is dumb atm, take a small lead, fill map with wards, if anyone walks slightly out of position blow them up with your vi/ahri/zed/fizz pick comp.

also i wont believe the whole carry junglers are here for reals for s4, riot told us the same thing for s3, and what did they do? nerf xin, j4, hecarim and vi instantly who were all capable of carrying from the jungle. j4 is just secondary tanky support and vi is an ult bot for mid assasins. xin zhao is in the dumpster somewhere with hecarim. at least s3 jungle itemization was pretty good, until laners started using it and got it nerfed =/

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Riot frequently releases patches because instead of letting stupidly overpowered things play out for months at a time letting them fester they would rather fix problems as they arise. Perhaps the only downside of Season 3 is that you no longer see epic 70 minute clashes (such as those between WE and CLG EU) but honestly those were not so much good play as just boring, passive play. Season 3 in general is much more exciting, though I feel that Riot has dropped the ball in terms of international competition. We almost never get to see teams from the different regions compete against one another outside of Worlds (and no All-Stars does not count), which is something I miss.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I prefered the season 2.

I don't like Season 3 matchups. Like mid was dumb as fuck most of the time, with assassins snowballing hard fucking core all day after a gank (even if you don't get killed though, just be forced to go back, and you're out of the game for a good time unless your opp screw up or your jungle shows up big time). Mid laners have now SU MUCH kill potential. I mean, in season, you had to pick Gragas/Cass to have a good shot at killing your opp before the level 6. BUT NOW, damn it, good assassins with godlike splitpushing skills, insane pick-up-the-adc potential, and decent team fighting power thanks to retarded escape tools. Yea I know that many of the champs I'm thinking about are S2 material but they werent so popular (or have been nerfed asap and left down by players).

Supports gained sooooooooooo much more presence in S3 and I don't know if I really like that. It makes the botlane so random in soloQ because if your support is shit, you get shat on.
On top of that, if you get behind ONCE, it's just over, you can't pick fights and you get zoned like madness by shits like Tresh able to hook you from miles away and ccing endlessly RIGHT FROM THE LVL 2 (which means : get the lvl 2 first and shit on everybody) or crap like Zyra dishing out more damage than a dozen of ads put together and chain ccing you with lvl 6 and those uNgHRrrez plants.

And I mean, it's not only about soloQ games. I'm thinking about Fnatic vs Royal Club (pushing like fuck to get the lvl 2 first), just think about how many cs/exp Puszu gave up just because he was less good than his opp at laning. You just can't "passive lane" like before, now you get behind once and they abuse you all day. Obviously, it's not always so clear, as they can swap lanes and all so everybody is just forced to be passive in a 1v2 situation unless a now-totally-obvious triple dive happens.
Now you can have a support that can CC+RANGE+DMG (before the level 6, and even since the level2). But in Season 2, good supports were most of the time either range+dmg/heal or melee with cc potential. And not fucking everything at once.

Nah really, bot lane is being dumb imo, and games are being less and less team fight oriented (you see world cup games being over after a drake or a good gank/lvl 1 and then IT IS FUCKING DONE, you have the illusion to see some fighting, but in fact it's just the losing team thinking "we lost it 30 mins ago, let's throw ourselves into a random dumb baron/mid fight to end this shit").
And to people saying S2 games were long and boring, it was because people were AFRAID of taking risks because the outcome wasn't decided yet. It was a proof showing that the game was intense and nobody wanted to make a single mistake.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
There is something to be said about Riot's changes from a competitive standpoint when it feels like teams are mostly playing catchup to the meta every few patches in the middle of a season, trying to figure out what the next big thing is. Any significant changes should not really be happening mid-season (*cough*TForceBuffBeforeWorlds*cough*).

That said, Riot cannot solely focus on balancing ONLY competitively, there is still a freakishly large playerbase rushing through multiple iterations of gameplay and they will quickly discover abuse cases for many champs, and Riot does have to respond to that. While that seems reactionary and knee-jerky, it's usually not because they're directly listening to the advice of the community as most people like to think, but rather recognizing that all complaints stem from something, and they are choosing whether or not they should act on it, and deciding how they act if they do.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Jesus riot is arguably one of the worst companies with handling game changes. Sticking in random kneejerk bandaid patches every other week, a complete overhaul every season, and releasing a semi meta changing patch right before worlds? Does -anyone- else see this as just a flat out wrong methodology? In terms of balance/competitiveness lol will never reach where dota is because riot simply does not trust its players to form their stable meta, in fact based on what you see from the common patches, they don't trust you at all. By the time people start figuring things out with the new patches interfering, riot throws another one.

It's only a matter of time riot will botch up their yearly overhaul one year, and I can definitely say at least for now that season 2 was by far the best of the 3 so far, current one being the worst. And this comes from a player who only plays top which was arguably the most flawed aspect of s2.
I have to admit, I paid absolutely no attention to the content of this post in favor of being amazed at jeb being coherent and typing like an actual human being for once.

riot is bad with not letting things play out and nerfing champs pretty fast before people can come up with counters/counterplay. though a lot of the stuff does deserved to be nerfed, like jayce/tf during their whole 100 percent pick/ban in korea for months.
TF wasn't changed too heavily and even before the nerf to his passive, players were finding hard counters and crushing undefeated TF records across asia

misaya / ambition / ryu all had their perfect or near-perfect TF records destroyed during mid-S3 and this is largely due to the rise of ahri in korea

i do agree that riot can be quite knee-jerky, though - does anyone else remember the repeated turret changes to stop fastpush from being so effective, even though korea had already found a counter-strategy to fastpush and then found a counter-strategy to THAT too?

remlabmez

@dacopboss
yeah blaze had a great counter to fast push, then a counter to that was found with ozone vs blaze in ogn.

anyways vision stuff is up, i guess their solution was a cap on wards like i kind of figured

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Hey, question, any game wikis look like this for me, anybody else experience this shit? Just looking at the cod wiki and it's giving me the same advertisement blocking text crap

That said, Riot cannot solely focus on balancing ONLY competitively, there is still a freakishly large playerbase rushing through multiple iterations of gameplay and they will quickly discover abuse cases for many champs, and Riot does have to respond to that. While that seems reactionary and knee-jerky, it's usually not because they're directly listening to the advice of the community as most people like to think, but rather recognizing that all complaints stem from something, and they are choosing whether or not they should act on it, and deciding how they act if they do.
Trying to balance the game for pro players and casual players is most likely impossible

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Hey, question, any game wikis look like this for me, anybody else experience this shit? Just looking at the cod wiki and it's giving me the same advertisement blocking text crap

Trying to balance the game for pro players and casual players is most likely impossible
This is why I use Adblock.

In last promo series game to gold, wish me luck.

EDIT: and I lost. At least I'm at 90 LP so I can give it another go right away...sigh

Last edited:

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The problem I have with Riot's balancing is they ignore champions who do way too much way too easily and are just ???? damage-dealers who are difficult to outplay (Jayce/Zed/Kassadin LOOKING AT YOU) and let retards like TF who can farm/shove easily then dick the enemy team's botlane the second they get too aggressive sit there for way too long before finally doing something, but they don't even dumpster Zed and Kass, no, they just give a couple light nerf taps, and despite saying Jayce was SOOOO abusive in high level play (and in low level since it's easy to auto dudes to death in bronze) he got to sit around shooting shockblasts dumping on melees with his disengage for months.

Then that retarded TriForce buff right before Worlds which helped skyrocket Corki to one of the top two ADs, once again, but other items are just left to rot like that useless Miracle and Atma's. Their decisionmaking is straight hood sometimes.. why not wait until after Worlds to change something like TriForce so drastically? And why is Rengar left with a bug that makes him global banned for MONTHS?

That said, remember when Ezreal mains qq Riot killed him removing his stupid aspd debuff on his W? Gee, wonder who's still picked constantly with new builds to dump on melees with.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
yeah triforce buff right before worlds was pretty dumb. some teams didnt get to adjust to the corker meta.... mostly samsung ozone

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
yeah blaze had a great counter to fast push, then a counter to that was found with ozone vs blaze in ogn.
People say this, but I feel the reason Riot made the Tower changes is precisely because they didn't think the Blaze counter was a reasonable solution, not that they simply weren't cognizant of it. I mean, I could be wrong, but at least from my perspective I could totally see Riot looking at Blaze's solution to the fast push as unhealthy for the game, being that it was itself a hard counter strat, and the only way to beat it was also a hard counter. The games were basically being decided in champ select because of how strong the strategies were which is something Riot has time and time again set out to prevent. They want you to be able to pick a strat freely without being scared of being completely hard-countered in champ select. They want what you do IN GAME to be what decides the match.

Yeah, letting players figure out responses to strong shit is one thing, but letting players freely discover cold-blooded hard counters and just allowing them in there to stagnate strategy is not necessarily the best move.

EDIT: I should clarify that letting players cycle through metas via one thing being strong and then finding the next thing that's strong that beats the last thing isn't a bad move either. It's just a style Riot has expressly opposed.

Last edited:
I feel that maybe Riot could stand to be a little less knee-jerky but I don't think the 'wait months for stuff to sort itself out' would work with League. The reason it works with Dota is because stuff tends to be so powerful that there is usually a way to think of a counter much sooner (that and there's 5 bans a team instead of 3).

Riot is attempting to be 'the most player-focused company in the world' and this is part of the way they do it.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is anyone a good Shaco around here? I've been building Hydra-Zerkers-Triforce if I'm snowballing and Hydra-Statikk if I'm behind. Mix of AD and ArPen in my runes, R-E-W-Q and 21/0/9 taking Crit damage and attack speed on Crit.
Hey! Your build is fine, and 21/0/9 is a good peak(I'm very sure that doesn't happen every game :p). I have 11 distinct builds for many different situations, my advice when playing shaco is to pop boxes whenever possible, especially at significant spots, to crush the opponent jungler and ideally get first blood with good play(and a bit of luck!)

have fun with shaco he is very fun and versatile

and his laugh is just literally a troll

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey! Your build is fine, and 21/0/9 is a good peak(I'm very sure that doesn't happen every game :p). I have 11 distinct builds for many different situations, my advice when playing shaco is to pop boxes whenever possible, especially at significant spots, to crush the opponent jungler and ideally get first blood with good play(and a bit of luck!)

have fun with shaco he is very fun and versatile

and his laugh is just literally a troll
21/0/9 = masteries, not score lmfao

I think the most important with Shaco is decision making more than building honnestly, I'm pretty sure some games you have to go defensive. Basically depending on how you feel the tf will go. How many random games did I win in late S2 by ignoring all my mates and splitpushing with shaco ~_~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)