Make your own personalized Trainer Card!

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Been a while since I posted a team (or anything, really) and some members have changed so I revamped it.
Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Crobat (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Cross Poison
- Double Team

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Lilligant-Hisui @ Expert Belt
Ability: Hustle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Triple Axel
- Synthesis

Golisopod (M) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick
Ideally these would be the sets I'd use if you were to fight me. Lilligant apparently doesn't learn coverage for shit so I just made some moves up and Shadow Tag isn't released for Chandy but whatever.

Been thinking way too much about this. I have way too many Pokemon to fit onto one card, but I've made my best attempt to capture my favorites.

If this team had a legendary, it would either be Kyogre in Primarina's slot, or a Shaymin in Roserade's slot.

Blaziken w/ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch

My favorite Pokemon in the whole game, ever since the release of Pokemon Sapphire all those years ago. Also served me very well as an event Pokemon in my initial run of XY.
========================
Primarina w/ Primarinium Z (or Choice Specs)
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Scald

The Alola Starter trio is probably my favorite overall starter trio. Plus I wanted a Z-move user. Did a great job for the team in Pokemon Sun.
=========================
Roserade w/ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Gotta finish that Fire-Water Grass core eh? I've always loved the design of Roserade. Served as an absolutely devastating special attacker in my first Diamond Playthrough.
===========================
Aerodactyl w/ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Taunt

I got into competitive battling in DPP OU, where Aerodactyl served as an excellent lead. In game, I had an Aerodactyl in my first run of XY, so that was pretty neat!

I'm super tempted to put Rhyperior here instead. But I also want a flying Pokemon for the team.
==============================
Porygon2 w/ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Teleport/Recover

Cyber duck is cute. Also gives a more defensive backbone to the team. One of these days I need to use this in an in game team.
==============================
Scizor w/ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Back when Gold and Silver initially released, I had an old magazine with the pictures of the new Pokemon. By far the most interesting was Scizor, this awesome evolution of Scyther. Sadly, because it was a trade evolution I had not really used it for many years, until my most recent HG/SS run where it rocked the house. Ah the joys of having two 3DS systems...

On a side note wow, I had to go pretty far back to DPP to find a Choice Band Scizor. I never knew CB Scizor fell off so hard.

Trainer Card.png

Last edited:
e609df3e-96ea-46a7-851c-9426167bc960.png

- Llewellyn the Lunatone is my buddy in go. (Also Hoenn is my first region)
- Seeker the Forretress is favorite competitive Pokemon.
- KingWhomp the Golurk is my favorite of my shinies.
- Jazmine the Stonjourner, I wrote a whole story about.
- Akira the Magnazone carried my oras nuzlocke, I owe him.
- Python the Porygon is simply my overall favorite Pokemon.

Last edited:
This is my team:
Garchomp I'm really fond of this pokèmon, my absolute favorite in all my runs of any pokèmon game I always get him
Houndoom: his demonic aspect has always been something that has fascinated me, boy is one of the most particular and then it's a fucking demon dog
Alolan raichu: one of the best pokèmon in alola, my first real electro type pokèmon never used seriously, then I've always loved its look
Torterra: my first real starter, I've been through many with this beast and for me using the torterra with wooden mallet and earthquake is always a feast for the eyes
hisuian zoroark: the look, the shiny shape, the moves i like everything about this bastard i love him Solgaleo: my favorite legendary together with giratina, the emotions felt with him in the fight against necrozma are priceless and then he is a white cos mic lion that crosses alien dimensions, I love his look and his type in a nutshell I love him

Attachments

This trainer card is based on my first ever Pokemon team, which I used in Pokemon X.

Pokemon X Trainer Card.PNG

I first played the game (2015?) before I knew thought that watching the show is a waste of time, so being able to have Pikachu and Charizard was a cool idea to me. The rest were some of my favorite Pokemon that happened to be available in the game. My team had a lot of holes, including shared types (Fire, Dark), shared weaknesses (Fighting, Ground), a 10-level gap between my lowest level Pokemon and Greninja, and the fact that it did not occur to me until after reaching the Hall of Fame to teach my Flareon Flare Blitz or give Pikachu a Light Ball. I was not the brightest Pokemon Trainer in the region, but I got by enough to beat the game. Now, my team will be immortalized through the Hall of Fame PC that got wiped when I started a new file this Trainer Card that I published on Smogon Forums!

1677863090992.png

This was a mix of my previous playthrough teams, and my soon to be new teamate in SV DLC with Terapagos.

Meowscarada: Violet Starter
Terapagos: Soon-to-be-caught Indigo Disk Legendary
Mega Lucario: Y Playthrough Gift Lucario
Inteleon: Shield Starter
Incineroar: Ultra Sun Starter
Garchomp: PLA/BD Pseudo Legendary and MVP in said playthroughs

Edit: Made Trainer cards for the Protagonist and Antagonist for a series I came up with (not Pokémon related). Don't have sketches of them though, so I am using the character that most resembles them instead.

1677889514041.png

Other Pokémon He could have: Zacian, Iron Leaves, Ceruledge, Incineroar, Hisuian Samurott, Tyrannitar, Staraptor

Koraidon and Great Tusk is meant to be a parallel to the Antagonist
Aegislash is referrence to his weapon choice (Sword)
Garchomp is there because it is cool looking
Grimmsnarl is a referrence to the fact that he has a "colorful" vocabulary in his series
Meowscarada is there because he likes cats

1677889844128.png

Other Pokémon He could have: Zamazenta, Walking Wake, Armarogue, The Rest of the Future Paradoxes (minus Iron Leaves), Metagross

Miraidon and Iron Treads is a referrence to that he uses futuristic technology
Aegislash is a referrence to his main weapon of choice (Shield)
Hydregion is there to counterpart to Garchomp
Polteageist is a jab at his resemblence to Lillie (She has Polteageist in Masters)
Skeledirge is meant to counter Meowscarada

Last edited:
Trainer Card.png

- Drifblim was the reason I got into pokemon many years ago: in second grade, two kids asked me to settle an argument regarding one of Drifblim's attacks in the TCG, which got me curious about pokemon, and thus my journey began
- For a long time my favorite pokemon was a bit of a hazy distinction, but over the last couple of years I can say with certainty it is Regice. I love ice-types and legendaries, and he checks both boxes. I am attempting to ribbon master a shiny one I caught as of this post. He is also a fun challenge to use as he is not a top-tier pokemon in pretty much any context, but laughs in the face of just about any special attack
- Pokemon Diamond was my first game, and Dialga is like a grandfather to all of my pokemon there. Every pokemon I ev train and level up in Diamond is using at least some assistance from Dialga and an exp share, and I have grown very attached to him as I have battled with him more than any other pokemon
- I see myself as a casual shiny hunter, and Claydol was my first shiny, which I got as a baltoy via pokeradar. Claydol is the reason I shiny hunt today.
- Froslass has always been one of my favorite pokemon. Ice and Ghost are my two favorite types, and Froslass has a really cool play style to her
- While I've always liked Articuno, it was getting a full odds shiny one from pokemon Blue (yes you can shiny hunt in Gen 1, you just transfer it to a game with shininess) that really gave me a true accomplishment to hang my shiny hunting hat on, and he earned a spot on my playthrough of Ultra Moon

! Trainer 1.png

My reasoning in alphabetical order - This was my original team of favorite mons
-
Furret: I love this little long boi. But never really seeing it in game before since I thought Pokemon Black and White only had their pokemon. I thought this mon was only in the movies ex: Temple of the Sea, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, and the Jewel of Life. I loved it so much that I was wishing for it to be in a game. So when I found out it was in black and white, I never stop loving it. Plus Pokemon Go played a good role of letting me use it as a buddy since 2017 since I have a DS Lite and couldn't move it to Home
Glameow: i love cats also I named it 'Mao' because the actual name was hard to say when i first saw it in the anime. But still to this day I call most Glameow's 'Mao' on impulse. Reason as to why it's shiny is for the fact I got one in Legends Arceus.
Pachirisu: Playing Pokemon Rangers Guardian Signs, my favorite thing to do was to go onto the beach and just watch them run around. Just seeing them made me so happy. I call it 'Pachi' for the fact I just wanted to shorten it's name
Sawk: Muscles,,, the flexing scene in the cartoon. Have been in love every since then
Serperior: My favorite starter. There hasn't been another starter I felt so strongly towards
Zorua: When the movie came out I was obsessed with how cool it was and had been my favorite pokemon since then
! Trainer 2.png

Now this is my now team just kicking out Pachirisu and Serperior. Mind you that I still like those mons, however when i wrote my lore in 2018 on wattpad they didn't fit my envision. BUT these two aren't replacements and the reasoning maybe weak but who cares :3c
-
Leavanny: I've always loved this pokemon and has been with me everytime i restarted my game. It's back then I didn't know it was a friendship evo and I assumed I couldn't get it for the fact, I had a DS Lite. So when I saw a videos explaining how to get it in Sun and Moon. I HAD to put back on my team
Grimmsnarl: I fell in love with him simply because he's a fairy type that doesn't look like it. My whole thought process was "He's a fairy type and the straights won't like him. So he's all for me". OTHER than that, the whole lore/origins behind him that " Lockstin & Gnoggin" talked about is so cool

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
1681707114358.png

I made a bonus Trainer Card for you guys to enjoy, based off of a crossover project with the 3D Super Mario games I've been working on starting back in 2022. (Which just happened to be the same year we finally got a dolphin Pokémon, how about that? Subtle, Game Freak.) I tried to pick the most fitting reference Pokémon for all of the original games, so no 64 DS, Galaxy 2, or Bowser's Fury. Let me know what you guys think. I think this turned out pretty well, honestly.

• Kadabra: Chosen as the Super Mario 64 representative due to being from 1996, as well as being #64 in the PokéDex.
  • Palafin: Please, please tell me that I don't need to explain this one.
  • Minior (Yellow): Chosen as a reference both to Lumas and to Star Bits. Yellow is probably the most famous Luma color.
  • Zigzagoon: There's a surprising lack of raccoon Pokémon for Super Mario 3D Land's revival of the Super Leaf.
  • Torracat: Similar thought process to the Super Mario 3D Land choice; it's also the only cat Pokémon with a bell from what I remember.
  • Lunatone (Shiny): Chosen as a reference to how Super Mario Odyssey's Power Moons come in different colors depending on the kingdom.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
team.png

Almost a year since my last post here and there have been some changes.

• Scizor: still my number one favorite, and this generation it got two really nice buffs, one competitve with Terastallization letting it change types and remove its only weakness and one in-game centric with the texture update that makes the model look INCREDIBLE.
  • Sawsbuck: I replayed BW2 and realized I actually really really like Sawsbuck. I had used it before but only recently I got attached to it. The season gimmick is actually really nice and it's also quite strong in-game.
  • Golisopod: Has been my favorite Alola Pokemon for a while now and I don't see that changing soon tbh. I LOVE Water/Bug types, it's strong, looks menacing and it's just plain fun to use with First Impression.
  • Crobat: Another old friend, reliable, cute but also cool, love the typing and colors. Really just like everything about it. Also I recently realized its ears remind me of bunny ears so there's the name.
  • Volcarona: A Gen 5 classic, this design grows for me every time I use it in-game or just see it.
  • Iron Thorns: The latest addition to the team, I was never huge on Tyranitar, but something about this paradox form really caught my eye, I love love love the colors and the use of the "LEDs" all over the body. It solidified itself on the team, however, when I caught a shiny one in Area Zero. Unfortunately there's no HOME model to show off the incredible chrome shiny with the teal lights, but that's the color it's intended to be.
FtDwv-paMAATE3r.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)