Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters
Mega Avalugg
Typing:
Ice
Ability: Time Swap (Starts a Trick Room (Snow Warning Clone))
HP: 95 (+0)
Attack: 147 (+30)
Defense: 199 (+15)
Special Attack: 40 (-4)
Special Defense: 121 (+85)
Speed: 2 (-26)
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes
Description: Does this need any explanation? Get slow, get kills. Watch our for priority, it'll still kill you.

Mega Beartic
Typing:
Ice/Fight
Ability: Fistate - Changes this Pokemon's Normal Moves to Fight type.
HP: 95 (+0)
Attack: 155 (+45)
Defense: 90 (+10)
Special Attack: 40 (-30)
Special Defense: 90 (+10)
Speed: 115 (+65)
New Moves: Extreme Speed, Thunderpunch
Description: Being as effective as ESpeed is, Mega Bear has trouble with Ice resistant ghosts. Keep that in mind, would ya when considering this 'OP,' would ya? I think its function speaks for itself.

Mega Empoleon
Typing:
Water/Steel
Ability: Regenerator
HP:
84 (+0)
Attack: 56 (-30)
Defense: 138 (+50)
Special Attack: 141 (+30)
Special Defense: 141 (+40)
Speed: 70 (+10)
New Move: Roost, Hurricane
Description: Defensive healer. Stay alive with Roost/Regenerator. Seems fairly simple.

Last edited:
Let me give this a try.

Mega Avalugg:
New Typing: Ice
New Ability: Ice Body/Own Tempo/Sturdy --> Solid Rock
HP: 95
Attack: 117 --> 150 (+33)
Defense: 184 --> 200 (+16)
Special Attack: 44
Special Defense: 46 --> 90 (+44)
Speed: 28 --> 35 (+7)
New Moves: Icicle Crash, Heavy Slam
Role Desc: A bulky attacker. I tried to give it a viable STAB move and boost its Special Defense to fare better against special attackers. Heavy Slam was because Avalugg is very heavy. Solid Rock allows it breathing room against random coverage moves. What more could you want? As for mons that can beat it, those aren't too hard to find. It doesn't fare well against offense due to being too slow and having to take multiple hits. Its special bulk is good, but not great, so special attackers can break through.

Mega Beartic:
New Typing: Ice --> Ice/Fighting
New Ability: Snow Cloak/Swift Swim --> Refrigerate
Attack: 110 --> 165 (+55)
Defense: 80 --> 110 (+30)
Special Attack: 70 --> 40 (-30)
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 50 --> 95 (+45)
New Moves: Drain Punch, Extreme Speed
Role Desc: Physical attacker. I decreased Beartic's useless Special Attack to get something out of this. I gave it Refrigerate for some stronger Ice-type moves, Extreme Speed for -ate boosted priority, and Drain Punch for a reliable new STAB move.

Mega Empoleon:
New Typing: Water/Steel --> Water/Steel
New Ability: Torrent/Defiant --> Intimidate
HP: 84
Attack: 86 --> 130 (+44)
Defense: 88 --> 120 (+32)
Special Attack: 111 --> 130 (+19)
Special Defense: 101 --> 120 (+19)
Speed: 60 --> 46 (-14)
New moves: Roost, Nasty Plot

This has potential. I made this as balanced as possible. Nasty Plot and Swords Dance allow you to set up from either physical or special, and Roost is reliable recovery. Intimidate allows you to take an incoming physical hit and start setting up.

Last edited:
Mega Empoleon
New Typing: Water/Steel
New Ability: Speed Boost
Attack: 86 --> 120 (+34)
Defence: 88 --> 120 (+32)
SpAttack: 111 --> 120 (+9)
SpDefence: 101 --> 120 (+19)
Speed: 60 --> 66 (+6)
New moves: Nasty Plot, Close Combat
Role: Mega Empoleon is a well rounded pokemon, with the same stats as Arceus (Aside from speed). It has a great typing, that gives it 10 resistances; 2 of them being 4x resists! It can run a special set with scald, focus blast, flash cannon and nasty plot, a physical set with swords dance, aqua jet, close combat and waterfall, or a Supporter with defog, stealth rocks and more.

Mega Beartic
New Typing: Ice/Psychic
New Ability: Rushing Blizzard (Ice type Gale Wings)
Attack: 130 (+20)
Defence: 110 (+30)
SpAttack: 50 (-20)
SpDefence: 110 (+30)
Speed: 90 (+40)
New Moves: Zen Headbutt, Mind Reader
Role: So, you get an Ice typed Talonflame. Sounds good to me! Who would say no to this? Just mega evolve, Bulk Up/Swords Dance, and wreck the night away, thanks to priority Ice. And if that wasn't enough, you can now use Mind Reader - Sheer Cold, meaning it will be impossible to stall against, with the right plays that is. You may take a hit on the first turn, but on the next turn, the opponent will be gone. Free OHKOs anyone?

Mega Avalugg
New Ability: Compact Ice (Renamed Fur Coat for SpD)
Attack: 160 (+43)
Defence: 210 (+26)
SpAttack: 44
SpDefence: 100 (+54)
Speed: 5 (-23)
New Moves: Bulk Up
Role: Want a newly typed shuckle with better attack? Look no futher than Mega Avalugg. With an absurd defence of 210, a decent SpD of 100 (excluding the Compact Ice boost) and a high 160 attack, and this thing is sure to do some damage, aswell as soak it up. It can Rapid Spin for support, Bulk Up to make it's defence even stronger, Gyro Ball to complement it's pitiful speed and even Toxic-Recover sets.

Last edited:
Mega Empoleon
New Typing: Water/Steel
New Ability: Offensive Shroud (adds the fighting type to Empoleon) (I would say this could be rank 3.5/4)***
Attack: 86 --> 120 (+34)
Defence: 88 --> 120 (+32)
SpAttack: 111 --> 120 (+9)
SpDefence: 101 --> 120 (+19)
Speed: 60 --> 66 (+6)
New moves: Nasty Plot, Close Combat
Role: Mega Empoleon is a well rounded pokemon, with the same stats as Arceus (Aside from speed). It has a great typing, that gives it 9 resistances; 4 of them being 4x resists! It can run a special set with scald, focus blast, flash cannon and nasty plot, a physical set with swords dance, aqua jet, close combat and waterfall, or a Supporter with defog, stealth rocks and more.

Mega Beartic
New Typing: Ice/Psychic
New Ability: Snap Freeze (Intimidate clone) Freezes opponent on switch in.
Attack: 130 (+20)
Defence: 110 (+30)
SpAttack: 50 (-20)
SpDefence: 110 (+30)
Speed: 90 (+40)
New Moves: Zen Headbutt, Mind Reader
Role: Roll up, Roll up! Mega Beartic with free setup! Who would say no to this. Just mega evolve, Bulk Up/Swords Dance, and wreck the night away. a guarenteed freeze is extremely strong, and not something we've seen before. It also takes away the risk of fainting whilst setting up, which is a fun bonus. And if that wasn't enough, you can now use Mind Reader - Sheer Cold, meaning it will be impossible to stall against, with the right plays that is.

Mega Avalugg
New Ability: Compact Ice (Renamed Fur Coat for SpD)
Attack: 160 (+43)
Defence: 210 (+26)
SpAttack: 44
SpDefence: 100 (+54)
Speed: 5 (-23)
New Moves: Bulk Up
Role: Want a newly typed shuckle with better attack? Look no futher than Mega Avalugg. With an absurd defence of 210, a decent SpD of 100 (excluding the Compact Ice boost) and a high 160 attack, and this thing is sure to do some damage, aswell as soak it up. It can Rapid Spin for support, Bulk Up to make it's defence even stronger, Gyro Ball to complement it's pitiful speed and even Toxic-Recover sets.

***Yes, I know custom abilities are banned, but this has been done before in the OM: Hidden Type. Can you make it so that custom abilities are allowed, if they have been coded in some way before? Maybe have a list of clonable abilities that can be used in the OP :)
I doubt they'll change that, the main reason v2 was shut down was because the custom abilities were making it way too hard to code. Also, don't you think instafreezing your opponent upon switchin/Mega Evolving seems a little bit too broken? Because it is broken.

I doubt they'll change that, the main reason v2 was shut down was because the custom abilities were making it way too hard to code. Also, don't you think instafreezing your opponent upon switchin/Mega Evolving seems a little bit too broken? Because it is broken.
Changed the Freeze.
Also, you say it would be too hard to code, but I'm saying if it's been coded in some way before

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mega Empoleon
Typing:
Water/Steel
Ability: Indomitable (Solid Rock Clone, reduces damage from NVE and neutral moves)
HP: 84 (+0)
Attack: 66 (-20)
Defense: 128 (+40)
Special Attack: 141 (+30)
Special Defense: 141 (+40)
Speed: 70 (+10)
New Move: Roost, Hurricane
Description: Again, this thing is meant to say, "I have resistances," and I'm not afraid to remind you! Watch out for SE moves however because they'll still hurt like hell. Hurricane fits Poseidon well, I'd say and offers coverage well with Water.
On the subject of custom abilities, we seem to have another offender. :I I'm no coder, so maybe it would be easy to code, but your Empoleon's ability is not a Solid Rock clone. Also, wasn't the voting period supposed to be over yesterday? :3

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And now the voting phase will begin.

WTCO (All Three)
Swagodile (Empoleon)
Yoshiblaze (All Three)
Pika Xreme (All Three)
Reigaheres (All Three)
hosemisnuba (Empoleon)
Laughing X-Naut (All Three)
Ludicrousity (All Three)
MaceMaster (Empoleon and Avalugg)
the someone (Beartic and Avalugg)
Dilasc (All Three)
PleaseDontBanMe (All Three)
Venom Pulse (Avalugg)

Voting will last for two days, so get your votes in while you can.

VenomPulse Yeah, we can't use those abilities aside from the Fur Coat clone for Avalugg. Change the abilities to match the rules (change your Intimidate clone to lower a stat, for example) and you're good to go.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Empoleon: Reigaheres, Swagodile (best ability but total stat boost is 90, not 100), WTCO
Avalugg: PleaseDontBanMe, the someone, MaceMaster
Beartic: Yoshiblaze, the someone, WTCO

From best to almost-best.

Mega Empoleon
1. Laughing X-Naut
2. Swagodile
3. WTCO

Mega Beartic
1. the someone
2. Yoshiblaze
3. Laughing X-Naut

Mega Avalugg
1. WTCO
2. MaceMaster
3. Laughing X-Naut

Mega Empoleon
1. Yoshiblaze
2. Swagodile
3. WTCO

Mega Beartic
1. WTCO
2. Laughing X-Naut
3. Ludicrousity

Mega Avalugg
1. WTCO
2. Regiaheres
3. PleaseDontBanMe

Mega Empoleon
1. Ludicrousity (Litterally the only one to change a type)
2. WTCO (Love that Snow Slide)
3. Dilasc

Mega Beartic
1. Reigaheres
2. The Someone
3. Ludicrousity (Better Jynx?)

Mega Avalugg
1. The Someone (RIP Titanic for sure with this mega)
2. Ludicrousity (Double SR? Sweet idea)
3. Dilasc (Would be higher, but it seems a little OP; amazing defences and speed (trick room)? And a 147 attack to top it off... Seems like a remake of Ludicrousity's Original Snorlax)

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And the winners are Swagodile's Empoleon and the someone's Beartic, but we have a tie between PleaseDontBanMe's and WTCO's Mega Avalugg, so a tie breaker is in order. Voting will last for two days this time, since me ans the council will be discussing some possible changes to the rules.

New slate Ideas: 1) Commonly Wanted Megas (in my experience on YT videos)

Mega Luxray
Mega Flygon
Mega Yanmega

2) Mega Eeveelutions (original eevees)

Jolteon
Flareon
Vaporeon

I want WTCO's Mega Avalugg

I prefer WTCO's Avalugg, better stat distribution* and I like type changes in mega, so I am gonna vote WTCO

*Opinion based

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)