Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
okay!!!! might come back and tweak these later, especially if i get some feedback, but here goes !!!!!

:flareon:
Mega Flareon
New Ability: Flash Fire/Guts --> Soot Guard (Lowers damage taken from neutrally effective attacks by 25%. (almost-clone of Filter)) according to hematite you only need to change like one character in the code for Filter to make it have this effect so thats neat!
New Typing:
Fire (unchanged)

New Stats: 65/130/80/115/150/85
HP: 65
ATK: 130 (--)
DEF:
60 --> 80 (+20)
SPA:
95 --> 115 (+20)
SPD:
110 --> 150 (+40)
SPE:
65 --> 85 (+20)

New Moves:
Burn Up

TL;DR Desc:
a physical attacker that's bulky as all get out, and also has the unique opportunity to defensively abuse the typelessness caused by Burn Up !
oh my god, this was the hardest sub of this set by far. i had an idea in mind for the gimmick i wanted it to use, but the ideas i had to take advantage of it kept getting outclassed by just... not using the gimmick :'D and that might still be the case with this, but at least now the gimmick feels like ! a potentially usable option !

so burn up is a weird move right? especially for pure fire-types, where they get the unique effect of becoming completely typeless! which takes away their STAB on fire moves, but also all of their weaknesses and resistances. which i think is really interesting, and i really wanted there to be a way to take advantage of that defensively! so i tried.

soot guard is named in a way that its still fire-related, while still making sense for a pokemon that just used Burn Up. making the ability be a straight-up resistance/50% reduction ended up being way too strong!!! so after some calcing i settled on these stats and a 25% reduction.

to me, the interesting thing about this... very silly combination of gimmicks is that you essentially can pick between keeping the 50% reduction for Fire's normal resistances while risking a super-effective hit, or switch it out for a global 25% damage reduction with the drawback of losing STAB, depending on the circumstance.

i dunno!!! probably not very good !!! but i think i did the best i could executing the concept :D

... not to mention the addition of Burn Up into its moveset adds some... how to put it... opportunities for base Flareon to potentially be able to cause some problems vis a vis guts/flame orb? im... literally the only person who wants that i think, but, hey, two birds one smack down am i right?

:vaporeon:
Mega Vaporeon
New Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration --> Perish Body
New Typing: Water (unchanged)

New Stats: 130/95/100/120/135/45
HP: 130
ATK: 65 -> 95 (+30)
DEF:
60 -> 100 (+40)
SPA:
110 --> 120 (+10)
SPD:
95 -> 135 (+40)
SPE:
65 -> 45 (-20)
So this spread is actually a bit toned down from where I had it originally. I would personally prefer a set like the following:

New Stats: 130/95/110/110/145/35
DEF:
60 -> 110 (+50)
SPA:
110 (--)
SPD:
95 -> 145 (+50)
SPE:
65 -> 35 (-30)

... but I understand if this looks a bit ridiculous, especially coming after Hematite's post up there. Just hear me out, ok? :'D

I talk about this for way too long in the long description, but basically, one consequence of having Perish Body is Vaporeon basically loses the ability to stall against many opponents. Additionally its ability to recover its own hp is drastically curtailed, since chances are, the Perish Count will force it out before its Wish lands.

Personally, I think the Ability choice and its lack of quick and reliable recovery is enough to keep these bonkers defenses from being an immovable wall. But uh, I completely understand if you disagree here and want me to keep the edited version. I consulted Hematite about this and he doesn't think it would be a problem either way, but neither of us are experts on building defensive stats, so... make of that what you will? :'D
New Moves: None for now

TL;DR Desc: Perish Body complements vaporeon's role as a wish passer, forcing switches to give it and its teammates more breathing room. however the ability also prevents it from acting as stall, keeping it in check somewhat. please read either of the hide boxes if you are concerned about the stats !! i've done my best to explain myself :'D
yes i did see hematites post immediately above me about the potential of vaporeons defensive stats. yes we discussed this. yes i am terrified of this monster i have created. it will be my undoing.

so perish body is a weird ability, right? normally with perish type moves you're combining it with a trapping move, which vaporeon could hypothetically do, but i think it fits in more with its usual playstyle in kind of a fascinating way. with perish body, something that smacks vaporeon while its in the process of trying to pass a wish and do its normal cleric things will find itself forced out by the impending perish count, giving vaporeon's switch-in a bit more breathing room.

for example, let's say you switch vaporeon in to something using a contact move, which activates the Perish Count. the count drops to 2 at the end of that turn. vaporeon wishes, perish count drops to 1, the opponent is either forced to switch or take the KO while vaporeon flipturns into its teammate in waiting.

however, perish body also impedes its ability to act on its own. chances are if it's trying to Wish for itself, it might not want to stay in long enough to receive it -- and its also incredibly detrimental for vaporeon's ability to stall out as the last pokemon standing, as clerics often are.

with that in mind, i'm not... too worried about this thing's monstrous defenses? since it really, really does not want to be on the field for very long, and its main method of regaining hp requires staying on the field for a couple turns. basically this makes it WAY better at wish passing, but ... considerably worse at stalling, depending on the opponent! this is also the reason for the speed/attack exchange -- this "debuff" does nothing but help it in this respect by slowing its pivot to further ensure the safety of its switch in, while marginally boosting Flip Turn's damage.

:jolteon:
Mega Jolteon
New Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet --> Shocking Momentum (When this Pokemon inflicts Paralysis, its Speed goes up by one stage.)
New Typing:
Electric (unchanged)

New Stats: 65/80/70/150/110/150
ATK: 65 --> 80 (+15)
DEF:
60 --> 70 (+10)
SPA:
110 --> 150 (+40)
SPD:
95 --> 110 (+15)
SPE: 130 --> 150 (+20)

New Moves:
Nuzzle

Desc:
this set is meant to encourage the use of Electro Ball! not the most original idea, i know, but i think this is kind of a neat way to go about it? against most opponents, the paralysis alone is enough to nudge Electro Ball to outdamage Thunderbolt, but the additional +1 speed makes it even outdamage the neutral coverage moves it runs against Pokemon resistant to its Electric STAB. Maybe a little niche, probably requires too much setup to be much good, but I enjoy the idea!

Last edited:
Mega Vaporeon
New Ability: Water Absorb
New Typing: Water
ATK: 65 -> 75 (+10)
DEF:
60 -> 80 (+20)
SPA: 110 -> 160 (+50)
SPD:
95 -> 115 (+20)
SPE:
65 -> 65
New Moves: Terrain Pulse, Aura Sphere
Reasoning: I focused on boosting SpA and kept the Water immunity, so it function as a bulky offensive check to Dracovish, Rain sweepers, and Ash Greninja. In Psychic Terrain it could break Toxapex with Terrain Pulse.

Mega Jolteon
New Ability: Speed Boost
New Typing: Electric
ATK: 65
DEF: 60
SPA: 110 -> 140 (+30)
SPD:
95 -> 115 (+20)
SPE: 130 -> 180 (+50)
New Moves:
Terrain Pulse, Aura Sphere
Reasoning: A check to various kinds of speedy offense. At +1 Speed, it can outspeed Scarf Dragapult, Unburden Hawlucha and most Swift Swim pokemon. Due to the extreme speediness, Work Up and even Electro Ball are possibilities ( +1 EB can 2HKO Blissey and AV Magearna ).

Mega Flareon
New Ability: Regenerator
New Typing: Fire
New Stats:
ATK: 130 -> 150
DEF: 60 -> 105
SPA: 95 -> 105
SPD: 110 -> 120
SPE: 65 -> 85
New Moves: High Horsepower, Morning Sun
Reasoning: With Regenerator and Ground coverage, Flareon can come in and threaten walls without getting chipped to death in the process. I think it's pretty versatile in terms of being able to run offensive and defensive sets, with a nice support movepool and newly decent coverage.

Apparently there is a problem during coding:

I have been testing teams, but then I saw that Zacian-C is LEGAL in MFA OU. And seeing that MFA revolves around National Dex, it is not supposed to be legal, rather illegal.

To anyone involved during coding, is there a cause for this?

Vaporeon
Water, Fighting
Determination (when below 50% hp, its attacks deal 1.5 more damage, but loses 10% hp every turn)
130, 150, 60, 95, 95, 100
Triple axel, Play rough, Poison jab, Crunch, Spear of justice (physical, 85 bp, fighting, hits using special defense and not defense, non contact, not protectable)
Dex:​
Sword said:
This pokemon is a lot more hostile than regular vaporeon, but its also more heroic.
Shield said:
When losing an war, an trusty mega vaporeon fought with bravery and won the war, but afterwards died from the injurements.
Appearance changes: its fins or tf is that become spikier, its tail also becomes spikier, its teeth also become spikier and its eye is more cat-like now.

Inspiration: this mega-vaporeon is based on Undyne the Undying, from undertale. it becomes an fighting type since undyne is the most heroic monster in the underground, and determination functions like undyne, she becomes stronger but also starts melting. spear of justice is the name of one of undyne themes, and its massive hp that comes from regular vaporeon represents that she is the only one not killed in one hit in the genocide route.

Code: Hema sent me some code, thanks! https://pastebin.com/rLEguJXj

Last edited:
jolteon.gif

Mega Jolteon

Ability:
Volt Absorb/Quick Feet -> High Voltage (This Pokémon can paralyse Ground and Electric Types, Corrosion Clone*)
Typing: Electric

Stats:
Atk: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 110 -> 125 (+15)
SpD: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Spe: 130 -> 160 (+30)

BST: 525 -> 625 (+100)

New Moves: Spikes

Flavour: Its white... mane? covers the majority of its back, the original mane becoming unstable, constantly changing shape while keeping the spiky fur. Blue strokes become apparent on its body, flowing with energy. Its eyes and mouth become blue, with lightning popping out from it.

Competitive: Mega Jolteon is built around disrupting play and giving speed control to its teammates, along with other support. Something I noticed is that while the Eeveelutions have huge problems with coverage, they have a pretty nice supportive movepool, including Heal Bell, dual screens, Roar, Wish, Yawn and in Jolteon's case Thunder Wave and Volt Switch, so I decided to do a supportive set for it. Mega Jolteon's Thunder Wave spam allows it to cripple everything in the opposing team, allowing for something like Banded Vish or Specs Hex Pult to wreak havoc. It can also pass Wishes with Volt Switch, although its insane speed tier usually means the incoming Pokémon will have to take a hit before receiving the wish (which often won't be healing a ton because of Jolteon's lackluster HP stat). It is also a nice Spike stacker, being able to heal up, go behind a sub, etc before setting them up, it also has a STAB Super-Effective move for the majority of Defoggers, that being Flying types (it also has Roar but I doubt it will be used much).

*Hematite has provided me with code that will hopefully work as Corrosion's effect can't exactly be cloned (I think). https://pastebin.com/1N5y8tsr

Last edited:

inkbug

less hideboxes in this one bc im exhausted today sorry!

Mega Flareon
New Ability: Flash Fire / Guts ----> Drought

New Stats:

HP: 65 ----> 65
Attack: 130 ----> 170 (+40)
Defense: 60 ----> 60
Special Attack: 95 ----> 105 (+10)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 ----> 95 (+30)
Base Stat Total: 525 ----> 625
New Moves: Morning Sun
Description: My boy Flareon's time to shine! Flareon's Pokedex entries state how hot its body is, so its Mega Evolution turns up the heat in the battlefield. Drought along with 170 Attack stat makes its Flare Blitz hit really, really hard. Morning Sun adds the icing on the cake, giving it an instant recovery move that restores 66% HP when its sun is active. As powerful as it is, Mega Flareon still has its flaws. It lacks coverage aside from Superpower, its Speed stat, while good, falls short from other offensive Pokemon such as Urshifu and Hydreigon, and it still has a low Defense stat making it prone to priority.

Mega Flareon
New Ability: Ignite (Apparently this is the fire ate)
New Stats:
Attack: 130 ----> 160 (+30)
Defense: 60 ----> 90 (+30)
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 ----> 85 (+20)
New Moves: High Horsepower, Aura Sphere
Description: Ate-Attacker: wallbreaker edition. Ignite-boosted Return (or Double-Edge if you're cool) hits hard, while real coverage in High Horsepower exists this time. Even Quick Attack is available, and being Ignite-boosted off that attack stat hurts.
:ss/flareon:
Mega Flareon
New Ability: Flash Fire/Guts ----> Defiant

New Stats:

Attack: 130 ----> 165 (+35)
Defense: 60 ----> 85 (+25)
Special Attack: 95 ----> 95
Special Defense: 110 ----> 110
Speed: 65 ----> 105 (+40)
New Moves: Wild Charge
Description: All-out-attacker that can also use Defiant to not only punish defensive teams, but can also punish stat drops. Wild Charge makes Toxapex less of an issue, and the coverage it already has (Superpower) does a good job at dispatching would-be threats like Hydreigon and Heatran, all while dispatching Tyranitar (and its mega). Meanwhile base 165 attack hits hard unboosted, while 105 speed puts it ahead of many notable threats in the NatDex metagame. Despite this, it still carries many flaws. 105 base speed, while good, leaves it behind notable threats like Garchomp, Ash-Greninja, and Mega Loppunny, and its average-at-best defenses further worsen this issue. Furthermore, its coverage still isn't enough to deal with threats like Gliscor and Hippowdon, meaning that all of them can force it out with relative ease.
:ss/Flareon:
Mega Flareon
Type:
Fire ---> Fire
Ability: Flash Fire/Guts ---> Speed Boost
Stats
Atk: 130 ---> 160 (+30)
Def: 60 ---> 75 (+15)
SpA: 95 ---> 130 (+35)
SpD: 110 ---> 110
Spe: 65 ---> 85 (+20)
BST: 525
Added Moves: Work Up
Description: Flareon's Japanese name means "Booster", so I thought, "Yeah, why not give it Speed Boost?" This Mega Evolution turns Flareon into a toned-down version of Blaziken, with no Fighting-type to resist Stealth Rocks, no decent boosting moves, and no physical coverage outside of Superpower and special coverage outside of Scorching Sands. However, the usefulness of Speed Boost and massive attacking power makes Flareon a potent sweeper nonetheless.
:flareon: Mega Flareon
New Ability: Flash Fire/Guts -> Blister
(Merciless clone. When targeting a burned opponent, Mega Flareon's moves are guaranteed to land a critical hit.)
Type: Fire

New Stats:
Attack: 130
Defense: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Special Defense: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 -> 120 (+55)
(625 BST)

New moves: Sacred Fire
Description:
The lack of an Attack boost is deliberate, but the fact that Blister enables it to turn burns into offensive pressure is equally so.
Mega Flareon is a primarily defensive Pokémon with a surprising amount of set variety: despite its high Speed, tank sets that hardly invest in Speed at all are also potentially viable options - it can still outpace Pokémon like max Speed Hoopa-U, Excadrill, Bisharp and Rillaboom with almost no investment, leaving room for fully defensive tank sets that make the most of its high burn rates and Wish access. At the same time, fully offensive sets can capitalize on its (heh) blistering Speed, outpacing many other offensive Pokémon and fishing for potential burns to keep them from hitting it as hard back.

Sacred Fire flavor justification: the Eevee line is traditionally raised by the Kimono Girls and the Wise Trio in Johto's Ecruteak City, both of whom have strong connections to Ho-Oh and have played a role in summoning it at the Bell Tower. I actually don't personally buy into the theory that the Legendary Beasts were Eeveelutions before they were resurrected, but there's still enough of a cultural connection between them that it feels plausible for a Flareon to inherit some of Ho-Oh's powers, right? (This was really more a mechanical choice, though, haha.)
Mega Flareon :flareon:
New Ability: Flash Fire / Guts ----> Backfire (Storm Drain / Lightning Rod equivalent; when hit by a Fire-type move, raises Special Attack by 1.5x)
New Typing: Fire ----> Fire / Fighting
New Stats:
Attack: 130 ----> 140 (+10)
Defense: 60 ----> 70 (+10)
Special Attack: 95 ----> 125 (+30)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 120 (+10)
Speed: 65 ----> 105 (+40)
Base Stat Total: 525 ----> 625 (+100)
New Moves: High Jump Kick, Triple Axel, Earth Power, U-turn

Flavor Changes: All (literally, all) of Flareon's Pokédex entries describes its fur as being a "flame chamber" capable of storing thermal energy and dissipating it into the air in the form of fire, effectively cooling its body down. With that in mind, this iteration of Mega Flareon would have slight patches of fur grown in its four legs and overall body, enabling it to Backfire high-temperature attacks by being nearly immune to them, despite being a Fire-type Pokemon. The internal flame now ignites Mega Flareon's fighting spirit, often making it go all-out against an enemy (Probably the closest "flavor" explanation for the part Fighting-type; that was more to mirror Mega Jolteon and Mega Vaporeon's secondary typings, and I wanted those to be types that didn't have "eeveelution" representation).

Competitive Changes: Out of the three original "eeveelutions", Flareon was by far (and still is) the less viable since the start. No coverage at all, poor bulk and a poor Speed stat made it be outclassed in its role even in the beginnings - Arcanine and even Rapidash were arguably better options from the first generation. Its already poor viability only diminished as time went on and new offensive Fire-types were introduced, making Flareon be more of a laughingstock competitively. To go up from the rock bottom of its competition, this Mega Flareon gets a much needed Speed boost, now surpassing the crowded 90 and 100 base Speed tiers. Fire / Fighting is incredibly beautiful offensively as proven by Infernape and Blaziken, but Mega Flareon's unique niche lies on Triple Axel and its added immunity; it's the first Fire-type to get an Ice move, and can take HUGE advantage of it to outspeed most and OHKO all Dragon-types in the metagame in combination with STAB High Jump Kick. The mixed attacking stats are perfect for Work Up and more reliable Fire-type STABs (Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Overheat) to be used, and U-turn allows Mega Flareon to chip damage threats it usually struggles breaking through (mainly bulky Waters).
Mega Flareon
New Ability: Flash Fire/Guts --> Soot Guard (Lowers damage taken from neutrally effective attacks by 25%. (almost-clone of Filter)) according to hematite you only need to change like one character in the code for Filter to make it have this effect so thats neat!
New Typing:
Fire (unchanged)

DEF:
60 --> 80 (+20)
SPA:
95 --> 115 (+20)
SPD:
110 --> 150 (+40)
SPE:
65 --> 85 (+20)

New Moves:
Burn Up

TL;DR Desc:
a physical attacker that's bulky as all get out, and also has the unique opportunity to defensively abuse the typelessness caused by Burn Up !
oh my god, this was the hardest sub of this set by far. i had an idea in mind for the gimmick i wanted it to use, but the ideas i had to take advantage of it kept getting outclassed by just... not using the gimmick :'D and that might still be the case with this, but at least now the gimmick feels like ! a potentially usable option !

so burn up is a weird move right? especially for pure fire-types, where they get the unique effect of becoming completely typeless! which takes away their STAB on fire moves, but also all of their weaknesses and resistances. which i think is really interesting, and i really wanted there to be a way to take advantage of that defensively! so i tried.

soot guard is named in a way that its still fire-related, while still making sense for a pokemon that just used Burn Up. making the ability be a straight-up resistance/50% reduction ended up being way too strong!!! so after some calcing i settled on these stats and a 25% reduction.

to me, the interesting thing about this... very silly combination of gimmicks is that you essentially can pick between keeping the 50% reduction for Fire's normal resistances while risking a super-effective hit, or switch it out for a global 25% damage reduction with the drawback of losing STAB, depending on the circumstance.

i dunno!!! probably not very good !!! but i think i did the best i could executing the concept :D

... not to mention the addition of Burn Up into its moveset adds some... how to put it... opportunities for base Flareon to potentially be able to cause some problems vis a vis guts/flame orb? im... literally the only person who wants that i think, but, hey, two birds one smack down am i right?
Mega Flareon
New Ability: Regenerator
New Stats:
ATK: 130 -> 150
DEF: 60 -> 105
SPA: 95 -> 105
SPD: 110 -> 120
SPE: 65 -> 85
New Moves: High Horsepower, Morning Sun
Reasoning: With Regenerator and Ground coverage, Flareon can come in and threaten walls without getting chipped to death in the process. I think it's pretty versatile in terms of being able to run offensive and defensive sets, with a nice support movepool and newly decent coverage.

Mega Jolteon
New Ability: Volt Absorb / Quick Feet ----> Sharp Striker (same ability as Mega Cinderace: increases the power of Ball moves)

New Stats:

Attack: 65 ----> 75 (+10)
Defense: 60 ----> 60
Special Attack: 110 ----> 140 (+30)
Special Defense: 95 ----> 115 (+20)
Speed: 130 ----> 170 (+40)
New Moves: Bug Buzz
Description: Took Mega Cinderace's ability literally word-wise and gave it to the eeveelution with sharp bristles. Sharp Striker gives Mega Jolteon's Electro Ball incredible and consistent power, especially with its blazing 170 Speed stat. It also grants Shadow Ball coverage a substantial boost. Mega Jolteon OHKOes defensive staples such as Toxapex, Corviknight, and utility Clefable while 2HKOing Landorus-T with Shadow Ball. 170 Speed allows it to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Bug Buzz allows to hit Grass-types hard, making up for its loss of Signal Beam.

Mega Jolteon
New Ability: Galvanize
New Stats:
Attack: 65 ----> 85 (+20)
Defense: 60 ----> 80 (+20)
Special Defense: 95 ----> 105 (+10)
Speed: 130 ----> 150 (+20)
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Energy Ball
Description: Ate-Attacker: fast and offensive edition. Use that crazy speed tier to your advantage, while firing Galvanize-boosted Hyper Voice alongside your finally-gotten coverage in Aura Sphere and Energy Ball.
:jolteon: Mega Jolteon
New Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet -> Tempestuous
(When Mega Jolteon enters battle to replace a defeated ally, it immediately uses Charge. This has no effect when it enters battle any other way.)
Type: Electric

New Stats:
Attack: 65
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 110 -> 160 (+50)
Special Defense: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Speed: 130 -> 150 (+20)
(625 BST)

New moves: Calm Mind
Description:
This was mainly inspired by Jolteon's Pokédex entries, which all talk about how prone it is to mood swings and the interesting detail that changes in its mood also cause it to build up more electricity. I thought about what in-battle conditions might make it sad or angry the way its entries describe but also be good times to charge its power, and I settled for boosting its power for a single turn when it's aiming to revenge a Pokémon that defeated its ally.
Calm Mind was added as a way to capitalize on the free turns that an Ability like this is bound to generate - if it only has five chances to hit at full power, and it telegraphs an Electric-type move every single time, it would be way too easy to play around it just by switching out on those turns! I didn't want to go as far as Nasty Plot on something this fast, but Calm Mind seemed like a good middle ground - making it thrive in the long term but giving it somewhat less immediate damage than the Charge boost itself - while also pairing neatly with the +1 Special Defense that Charge already grants it. It's also some very fun flavor - on that first turn in battle, Jolteon has the choice between attacking out of anger for some instant-gratification breaking power or calming itself and becoming stronger in the long term.
Tempestuous makes Jolteon into a fantastic revenger and turns every knocked-out member of its team into a chance to grab back momentum, swing the battle in its favor and potentially sweep.
Mega Jolteon :jolteon:
New Ability: Volt Absorb / Static ----> Lightning Rod
New Typing: Electric ---> Electric / Steel
New Stats:
Speed: 130 ----> 170 (+40)
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Steel Beam, Taunt, Spikes

Flavor Changes: Two of Jolteon's most defining characteristics, according to the multitude of its Pokédex entries, are its ability to accumulate electricity within its fur and its trait of using its spiky hair as a "throwable" weapon (really well-explained in its Pokémon Stadium entry: "Its weapons are its 10,000-volt electric attacks and its spiky fur. Its sharp hair can pierce enemies when it bristles.". Also why I added Spikes into its movepool). This Mega Jolteon would have its neck-surrounding white spiky hair transformed into hard, gray iron-like spikes that can further harness electricity by serving not only as a weapon, but also as an effective Lightning Rod to power up its Special Attack with outer currents.

Competitive Changes: Since the beginning of the series, Electric-types are mostly made to be fast, powerful attackers that have below-average bulk (there are some exceptions yes, but the majority of the type's representatives follow this pattern). Jolteon is the exact picture of that description, but with bigger emphasis on Speed - the attribute that made it stay on the top shelf of offensive Electric-types for five generations. This variant of Mega Jolteon, just like the other two submissions of mine, tries to turn it viable in the highest level again by adding unique utility traits and subtly improving its well-known offensive ones. Access to Spikes and a base 170 speed makes Mega Jolteon the second fastest Spikes setter in the whole metagame, ensuring a layer versus all opposition that's not a select group of Scarfers, Deoxys-Speed or Mega Dragapult. Add Taunt to the mix and you have an anti-lead and even some stallbreaking potential in tandem with its Toxic immunity. Offensively, Mega Jolteon now retains its Gen I "faster than almost everything" status, and can be used as an effective Fairy-type murderer - it's immune to paralysis, faster than most Fairies and can cleanly 2HKO every one of them at least.
:jolteon:
Mega Jolteon
New Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet --> Shocking Momentum (When this Pokemon inflicts Paralysis, its Speed goes up by one stage.)
New Typing:
Electric (unchanged)

New Stats: 65/80/70/150/110/150
ATK: 65 --> 80 (+15)
DEF:
60 --> 70 (+10)
SPA:
110 --> 150 (+40)
SPD:
95 --> 110 (+15)
SPE: 130 --> 150 (+20)

New Moves:
Nuzzle

Desc:
this set is meant to encourage the use of Electro Ball! not the most original idea, i know, but i think this is kind of a neat way to go about it? against most opponents, the paralysis alone is enough to nudge Electro Ball to outdamage Thunderbolt, but the additional +1 speed makes it even outdamage the neutral coverage moves it runs against Pokemon resistant to its Electric STAB. Maybe a little niche, probably requires too much setup to be much good, but I enjoy the idea!
Mega Jolteon
New Ability: Speed Boost
ATK: 65
DEF: 60
SPA: 110 -> 140 (+30)
SPD:
95 -> 115 (+20)
SPE: 130 -> 180 (+50)
New Moves:
Terrain Pulse, Aura Sphere
Reasoning: A check to various kinds of speedy offense. At +1 Speed, it can outspeed Scarf Dragapult, Unburden Hawlucha and most Swift Swim pokemon. Due to the extreme speediness, Work Up and even Electro Ball are possibilities ( +1 EB can 2HKO Blissey and AV Magearna ).
jolteon.gif

Mega Jolteon

Ability:
Volt Absorb/Quick Feet -> High Voltage (This Pokémon can paralyse Ground and Electric Types, Corrosion Clone*)
Typing: Electric

Stats:
Atk: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Def: 60 -> 80 (+20)
SpA: 110 -> 125 (+15)
SpD: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Spe: 130 -> 160 (+30)

BST: 525 -> 625 (+100)

New Moves: Spikes

Flavour: Its white... mane? covers the majority of its back, the original mane becoming unstable, constantly changing shape while keeping the spiky fur. Blue strokes become apparent on its body, flowing with energy. Its eyes and mouth become blue, with lightning popping out from it.

Competitive: Mega Jolteon is built around disrupting play and giving speed control to its teammates, along with other support. Something I noticed is that while the Eeveelutions have huge problems with coverage, they have a pretty nice supportive movepool, including Heal Bell, dual screens, Roar, Wish, Yawn and in Jolteon's case Thunder Wave and Volt Switch, so I decided to do a supportive set for it. Mega Jolteon's Thunder Wave spam allows it to cripple everything in the opposing team, allowing for something like Banded Vish or Specs Hex Pult to wreak havoc. It can also pass Wishes with Volt Switch, although its insane speed tier usually means the incoming Pokémon will have to take a hit before receiving the wish (which often won't be healing a ton because of Jolteon's lackluster HP stat). It is also a nice Spike stacker, being able to heal up, go behind a sub, etc before setting them up, it also has a STAB Super-Effective move for the majority of Defoggers, that being Flying types (it also has Roar but I doubt it will be used much).

*Hematite has provided me with code that will hopefully work as Corrosion's effect can't exactly be cloned (I think). https://pastebin.com/1N5y8tsr

Mega Vaporeon
New Ability: Water Abrsorb / Hydration ----> Pastel Veil

New Stats:

HP: 130 ----> 130
Defense: 60 ----> 100 (+40)
Speed: 65 ----> 65
New Moves: Psychic
Description: Pastel Veil, along with improved BULK, makes it really hard for Vaporeon to be worn down. Psychic gives it an option to power through the likes of Toxapex and Mega Venusaur. Overall, Mega Vaporeon can work as a bulky offensive pivot or a Wishpasser cleric, depending on your team's needs.

Mega Vaporeon
New Ability: Hydrate (Water-ate)
New Stats:
Defense: 60 ----> 90 (+30)
Special Attack: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 ----> 75 (+10)
New Moves: Calm Mind, Aura Sphere
Description: Ate-Attacker: bulky booster edition. Find opportunities to set up and strike with Hydrate-boosted Hyper Voice. Also has coverage in Ice Beam and Aura Sphere, alongside Quick Attack if that is ever needed.
:ss/vaporeon:
Mega Vaporeon
Type:
Water ---> Water
Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration ---> Sap Sipper
Stats
HP:
130 ---> 130
Atk: 65 ---> 65
Def: 60 ---> 95 (+35)
SpA: 110 ---> 130 (+20)
SpD: 95 ---> 140 (+45)
Spe: 65 ---> 65
BST: 525 ---> 625
Added Moves: Recover
Description: Fatmon. Amazing defensive typing, instantaneous recovery and larger bulk increases the longevity and lowers the former passiveness of this Pokemon.
:vaporeon: Mega Vaporeon
New Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration -> Windstorm
(When using a status move, Mega Vaporeon creates a windstorm, which does Flying-type damage after two turns.)
Type: Water

New Stats:
Attack: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Defense: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Special Attack: 110 -> 125 (+15)
Special Defense: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Speed: 65 -> 85 (+20)
(625 BST)

New moves: None for now
Description:
First, to clarify the effect: Windstorm is equivalent to using a Flying-type Future Sight, on which Mega Vaporeon does not have STAB (so it's effectively the same power as Scald).
The idea behind the Ability is that, as a support Pokémon, Vaporeon can aid its teammates by adding to their damage as they break down walls.
There are a few reasons why I chose this specific effect and type:
Primarily, Mega Vaporeon is meant to support its team rather than win its own battles. As much as Windstorm helps Mega Vaporeon, it also encourages it to pivot in and out often to support its team rather than stay in and fight.
The fact that Flying is super effective against Grass, but also the fact that it's resisted by Electric, were deciding factors behind the choice of type, and the fact that it's a delayed effect at all further emphasizes this support-based (rather than strictly defensive) role:

- First and foremost, if a Grass-type comes in, Windstorm doesn't make Vaporeon beat it - Vaporeon can't even afford to stay in against them, because they threaten it offensively, while the effect doesn't work until the end of the turn. Windstorm helps Vaporeon's team beat Grass-types, but it doesn't enable Vaporeon itself to face them directly; it will still almost always be switching out in the face of opposing Grass-types. At the same time, targeting specifically Grass is a valuable form of support for many offensive Pokémon, because those are some of the most common walls - many Pokémon will appreciate Vaporeon using Windstorm from the sidelines to wear them down or keep them from switching in during other Pokémon's sweeps.
- Meanwhile, by virtue of its type weaknesses, Mega Vaporeon invites Electric-types to threaten it offensively. Because Windstorm's damage is resisted by Electric, it deliberately leaves this route open as a way to punish Mega Vaporeon more than most types - it's not able to work around all of its weaknesses at once. As more prominent Electric-type Pokémon are offensive than defensive, specifically doing end-of-turn damage to them doesn't really feel like a relevant way to support offensive teammates - that would feel to me more like helping itself than finding a place as offensive support, so one of the reasons I chose Flying was because it further cemented the purpose of the Ability and was "pro-concept" rather than just being the most beneficial to Vaporeon in a vacuum.
- That aside, just being a delayed effect at all rather than "supporting" its team by crippling or heavily damaging walls (which is also totally a valid form of support) pairs interestingly with Wish. I could just as easily actually way more easily have given it Aerilate or something, but going about it this way effectively ensures that Vaporeon does its best work while not on the field, which is pretty unique, I think? I like this specialty in delayed effects and support for Vaporeon, and having used base Vaporeon on many teams, it feels truer to what I see as its playing style.
Mega Vaporeon :vaporeon:
New Ability: Water Absorb / Hydration ----> Storm Drain
New Typing: Water ----> Water / Ghost
New Stats:
HP: 130 ----> 130
Special Attack: 110 ----> 150 (+40)
Speed: 65 ----> 95 (+30)
New Moves: Grass Knot, Hex

Flavor Changes: Some of Vaporeon's Pokedex entries state "disappearing/melting away into water", "controlling water molecules", "being mistaken for a mermaid" and "predicting rains". Design-wise, this mega would capitalize on such attributes, enough for it to become a part Ghost-type. While Ghost-type Pokemon have that supernatural, mythical, surreal aura into them, the main reason for me to add that typing here is Vaporeon's ability to "exist, but not be seen" in water - not only that, the prime example of that (gaseous state of matter) is present on its name etymology (vapor is, essentially, water in that state). As for the ability, regular Vaporeon's Water Absorb shows its water bending prowess - why not make it more expressive with a Special Attack boosting Storm Drain?

Competitive Changes: Historically, Vaporeon's role in competitive battling has been either that of a wall (on which its better used ever since it got HP recovery in Wish, the Defense-boosting Acid Armor, and cleric support in Heal Bell) or, albeit less expressive, a tank (essentially defined as something that can sponge hits AND hit back reasonably hard - something Vaporeon can do decently with its above-average 110 Special Attack stat). This Mega Vaporeon concept aims to, essentially, make it compete again on its original bulky Water role, but with a unique twist: it can not only be used as a straight-up wall, but also as a (better than before) tank, a wallbreaker (it has Work Up as a boosting move!), or even a sweeper (Acid Armor, Curse if you set-up pre-mega, pick your choice!) if desired, all of those in a very efficient manner with the massive Special Attack and Speed boosts, the Grass Knot and Hex additions, Storm Drain, and the newly gained Ghost typing - which grants Mega Vaporeon another resist, two very valuable immunities and another STAB that proves to be useful offensively (Water / Ghost is near-perfect coverage, walled only by a few handful of Pokemon).
Mega Vaporeon

DEF:
60 -> 100 (+40)
SPA:
110 --> 120 (+10)
SPD:
95 -> 135 (+40)
SPE:
65 -> 45 (-20)
So this spread is actually a bit toned down from where I had it originally. I would personally prefer a set like the following:

DEF:
60 -> 110 (+50)
SPA:
110 (--)
SPD:
95 -> 145 (+50)
SPE:
65 -> 35 (-30)

... but I understand if this looks a bit ridiculous, especially coming after Hematite's post up there. Just hear me out, ok? :'D

I talk about this for way too long in the long description, but basically, one consequence of having Perish Body is Vaporeon basically loses the ability to stall against many opponents. Additionally its ability to recover its own hp is drastically curtailed, since chances are, the Perish Count will force it out before its Wish lands.

Personally, I think the Ability choice and its lack of quick and reliable recovery is enough to keep these bonkers defenses from being an immovable wall. But uh, I completely understand if you disagree here and want me to keep the edited version. I consulted Hematite about this and he doesn't think it would be a problem either way, but neither of us are experts on building defensive stats, so... make of that what you will? :'D

TL;DR Desc: Perish Body complements vaporeon's role as a wish passer, forcing switches to give it and its teammates more breathing room. however the ability also prevents it from acting as stall, keeping it in check somewhat. please read either of the hide boxes if you are concerned about the stats !! i've done my best to explain myself :'D
yes i did see hematites post immediately above me about the potential of vaporeons defensive stats. yes we discussed this. yes i am terrified of this monster i have created. it will be my undoing.

so perish body is a weird ability, right? normally with perish type moves you're combining it with a trapping move, which vaporeon could hypothetically do, but i think it fits in more with its usual playstyle in kind of a fascinating way. with perish body, something that smacks vaporeon while its in the process of trying to pass a wish and do its normal cleric things will find itself forced out by the impending perish count, giving vaporeon's switch-in a bit more breathing room.

for example, let's say you switch vaporeon in to something using a contact move, which activates the Perish Count. the count drops to 2 at the end of that turn. vaporeon wishes, perish count drops to 1, the opponent is either forced to switch or take the KO while vaporeon flipturns into its teammate in waiting.

however, perish body also impedes its ability to act on its own. chances are if it's trying to Wish for itself, it might not want to stay in long enough to receive it -- and its also incredibly detrimental for vaporeon's ability to stall out as the last pokemon standing, as clerics often are.

with that in mind, i'm not... too worried about this thing's monstrous defenses? since it really, really does not want to be on the field for very long, and its main method of regaining hp requires staying on the field for a couple turns. basically this makes it WAY better at wish passing, but ... considerably worse at stalling, depending on the opponent! this is also the reason for the speed/attack exchange -- this "debuff" does nothing but help it in this respect by slowing its pivot to further ensure the safety of its switch in, while marginally boosting Flip Turn's damage.
Mega Vaporeon
New Ability: Water Absorb
ATK: 65 -> 75 (+10)
DEF:
60 -> 80 (+20)
SPA: 110 -> 160 (+50)
SPD:
95 -> 115 (+20)
SPE:
65 -> 65
New Moves: Terrain Pulse, Aura Sphere
Reasoning: I focused on boosting SpA and kept the Water immunity, so it function as a bulky offensive check to Dracovish, Rain sweepers, and Ash Greninja. In Psychic Terrain it could break Toxapex with Terrain Pulse.

Vaporeon
Water, Fighting
Determination (when below 50% hp, its attacks deal 1.5 more damage, but loses 10% hp every turn)
130, 150, 60, 95, 95, 100
Triple axel, Play rough, Poison jab, Crunch, Spear of justice (physical, 85 bp, fighting, hits using special defense and not defense, non contact, not protectable)
Dex:

Appearance changes: its fins or tf is that become spikier, its tail also becomes spikier, its teeth also become spikier and its eye is more cat-like now.

Inspiration: this mega-vaporeon is based on Undyne the Undying, from undertale. it becomes an fighting type since undyne is the most heroic monster in the underground, and determination functions like undyne, she becomes stronger but also starts melting. spear of justice is the name of one of undyne themes, and its massive hp that comes from regular vaporeon represents that she is the only one not killed in one hit in the genocide route.

Code: Hema sent me some code, thanks! https://pastebin.com/rLEguJXj

(edit with) my votes;
:flareon: flareon; Scoopapa, hematite, inkbug
:jolteon: jolteon; Mateeus, hematite, IsoCon
:vaporeon: vaporeon; hematite, inkbug, kakaks

Last edited:
ok, sure thing

Flareon: Hematite, mine, zxgzxg
(honorable mentions: MegaFlareon, inkbug)
Jolteon: Hematite, CoolMan6001, inkbug
(honorable mentions: IsoCon)
Vaporeon: MegaFlareon, Mateeus, inkbug
(honorable mentions: zxgzxg, Hematite, kakaks)

:vaporeon: Mega Vaporeon: inkbug, kakaks, Hematite
:jolteon: Mega Jolteon: Mateeus, Hematite, inkbug
:flareon: Mega Flareon: inkbug, CoolMan6001, Hematite
Edit: slight change actually - they deserve this extra point!!

Last edited:
Oh, hey, Scoopapa just accepted my pull request on the GitHub! I can't be around to test it right now - I was just about to go into a meeting for school - but hopefully the bugs with the format are fixed, and the results of Slate 8 should be in as well!

Edit: Update!! I'm back and have done some testing!

- Yes, I fixed all of the known problems as far as I can tell! The mod is a National Dex format with proper bans and legality checks, and I applied the specific moveset updates instead of just leaving every move legal like the previous version. It's also now in the correct place on the list, so you may need to look for it if you were expecting it to be with the archived Gen VII mods like before.​
- Of the new slate, all three Mega Evolutions and their Mega Stones are recognized and functional.​
- Trash Compactor appears to work as it should! It actually looks like I almost screwed this up with a recurring typo in the code, but Scoopapa caught that and fixed it before letting the patch go through - thank you so much for the help!!
- On the other hand, Cold Sweat has a small bug, but I identified the cause and should be able to fix it now. Since Petuh updated the code (we were trying to make it more efficient at the time), it now picks the weather after just the first move it checks, and then it stops checking, so only the first move on any given Pokémon's moveset matters - neither of us foresaw that at the time, but I can see exactly why this happens now that I'm looking it over again. I'll try to fix it at the same time that I add slate 9 when the vote is over!​
- The patched Grounded also works now! It's still not a suppression effect, just the band-aid solution I offered last month (actually, I might have an idea of how to do the "real" effect now? I'll see what I can do to make it work properly alongside slate 9's other updates!), but it's no longer the outdated placeholder that was used in the previous patch.​

The new Mega Stones are Klinklite, Vanillite let me have my fun and Garbodorite if anyone would like to try them out! They're not on the spreadsheet yet, so I thought I should say how they were named on DH!

Imperial, if you would like to add me back to the council, I would be happy to join "officially" as a coder! I really like this mod, so I would be happy to keep helping. (Plus we've been corresponding a fair bit either way! XP)
I've been enjoying this, and I'm learning a lot from contributing! And it's nice to have it playable after so long, haha.

Last edited:

inkbug

happy 2pm pacific time everyone!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:vaporeon: Vaporeon; inkbug !
Mega Vaporeon

DEF:
60 -> 100 (+40)
SPA:
110 --> 120 (+10)
SPD:
95 -> 135 (+40)
SPE:
65 -> 45 (-20)

DEF:
60 -> 110 (+50)
SPA:
110 (--)
SPD:
95 -> 145 (+50)
SPE:
65 -> 35 (-30)

:vaporeon:MegaFlareonCoolMan6001zxgzxgHematiteMateeusinkbugScoopapakakaks
3-point voteswar incarnate,inkbug,megaflareon, isocon,hematite, kakaks,
2-point votesmegaflareon,isocon,war incarnate,inkbug,hematite, kakaks,
1-point voteshematite, kakaks,war incarnate, megaflareon,inkbug, isocon,
TOTAL3 + 2 + 0 =
3 + 2 + 2 =
6 + 2 + 0 =
6 + 2 + 2 =
0 + 4 + 2 =

:jolteon: Jolteon; Hematite !!
:jolteon: Mega Jolteon
New Ability
: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet -> Tempestuous
(When Mega Jolteon enters battle to replace a defeated ally, it immediately uses Charge. This has no effect when it enters battle any other way.)
Type: Electric

New Stats:
Attack: 65
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 110 -> 160 (+50)
Special Defense: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Speed: 130 -> 150 (+20)
(625 BST)

New moves: Calm Mind
Description:
This was mainly inspired by Jolteon's Pokédex entries, which all talk about how prone it is to mood swings and the interesting detail that changes in its mood also cause it to build up more electricity. I thought about what in-battle conditions might make it sad or angry the way its entries describe but also be good times to charge its power, and I settled for boosting its power for a single turn when it's aiming to revenge a Pokémon that defeated its ally.
Calm Mind was added as a way to capitalize on the free turns that an Ability like this is bound to generate - if it only has five chances to hit at full power, and it telegraphs an Electric-type move every single time, it would be way too easy to play around it just by switching out on those turns! I didn't want to go as far as Nasty Plot on something this fast, but Calm Mind seemed like a good middle ground - making it thrive in the long term but giving it somewhat less immediate damage than the Charge boost itself - while also pairing neatly with the +1 Special Defense that Charge already grants it. It's also some very fun flavor - on that first turn in battle, Jolteon has the choice between attacking out of anger for some instant-gratification breaking power or calming itself and becoming stronger in the long term.
Tempestuous makes Jolteon into a fantastic revenger and turns every knocked-out member of its team into a chance to grab back momentum, swing the battle in its favor and potentially sweep.
:jolteon:MegaFlareonCoolMan6001HematiteMateeusinkbugScoopapaIsoCon
3-point votesmegaflareon,war incarnate,hematite, inkbug,isocon,kakaks,
2-point votesisocon,war incarnate,hematite, inkbug, kakaks,megaflareon,
1-point votesmegaflareon ,kakaks,war incarnate, hematite,inkbug, isocon,
TOTAL0 + 2 + 1 =
3 + 2 + 0 =
3 + 6 + 0 =
6 + 0 + 1 =
3 + 0 + 2 =
3 + 2 + 2 =

And for Flareon --- there's actually a tie here, between myself and Hematite!
:flareon:MegaFlareonCoolMan6001War IncarnatezxgzxgHematiteMateeusinkbugScoopapa
3-point votesisocon,war incarnate,hematite, kakaks,megaflareon, inkbug,
2-point votesmegaflareon,hematite,war incarnate,inkbug, kakaks,isocon,
1-point voteskakaks,war incarnate, megaflareonhematite, isocon,inkbug,
TOTAL3 + 2 + 0 =
0 + 2 + 0 =
0 + 2 + 1 =
0 + 0 + 2 =
3 + 4 + 2 =
9*
6 + 2 + 1 =
9*
6 + 0 + 0 =
I talked this over with Hematite and he said that the previously established tiebreaking method was this:
Ok from now on, I’ll break ties by the following method: Who got the most first place votes. If this is further a tie, then how higher ranked one was over the other in a vote.
... which would put my own Flareon in the lead here. I'm a little anxious about that personally, but Hematite said that's the one he would prefer as well, so I guess if there are objections we can deliberate on that?
But uh, in any case...

:flareon: Flareon; inkbug
Mega Flareon
New Typing:
Fire (unchanged)

DEF:
60 --> 80 (+20)
SPA:
95 --> 115 (+20)
SPD:
110 --> 150 (+40)
SPE:
65 --> 85 (+20)

New Moves:
Burn Up

TL;DR Desc:

:flareon: Mega Flareon
New Ability: Flash Fire/Guts -> Blister
(Merciless clone. When targeting a burned opponent, Mega Flareon's moves are guaranteed to land a critical hit.)
Type: Fire

New Stats:
Attack: 130
Defense: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Special Defense: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 -> 120 (+55)
(625 BST)

New moves: Sacred Fire
Description:
The lack of an Attack boost is deliberate, but the fact that Blister enables it to turn burns into offensive pressure is equally so.
Mega Flareon is a primarily defensive Pokémon with a surprising amount of set variety: despite its high Speed, tank sets that hardly invest in Speed at all are also potentially viable options - it can still outpace Pokémon like max Speed Hoopa-U, Excadrill, Bisharp and Rillaboom with almost no investment, leaving room for fully defensive tank sets that make the most of its high burn rates and Wish access. At the same time, fully offensive sets can capitalize on its (heh) blistering Speed, outpacing many other offensive Pokémon and fishing for potential burns to keep them from hitting it as hard back.

Sacred Fire flavor justification: the Eevee line is traditionally raised by the Kimono Girls and the Wise Trio in Johto's Ecruteak City, both of whom have strong connections to Ho-Oh and have played a role in summoning it at the Bell Tower. I actually don't personally buy into the theory that the Legendary Beasts were Eeveelutions before they were resurrected, but there's still enough of a cultural connection between them that it feels plausible for a Flareon to inherit some of Ho-Oh's powers, right? (This was really more a mechanical choice, though, haha.)

this sure was a slate? thank you all ! not gonna lie, im kinda anxious about my stuff being this well received :') hhahaha uhhh
small edit; hematite pointed out that i miscounted something minor, but it didnt affect any results (thank u hematite for my life once again)

I was really hoping this slate happened! It was a very appealing idea when zxgzxg brought it up in an earlier post, so I decided to give these interesting Pokemon a good try. I was a bit surprised when I saw this slate win the strawpoll. Now, on to the actual slates:

:ss/butterfree:
New Ability: Compound Eyes/Tinted Lens → Drizzle
New Typing:
1600376727644.png
/
1600376740942.png

New Stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 45
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 90 → 130 (+40)
Special Defense: 80 → 120 (+40)
Speed: 70 → 90 (+20)
BST: 395 → 495 (+100)

New Moves: Weather Ball, Hydro Pump, Sludge Bomb

Flavor Description: The Pokedex entry in LGPE states "Its wings, covered with poisonous powder, repel water. This allows it to fly in the rain."Butterfree is able to fully take advantage of rain, allowing it to set up beneficial rain with Drizzle, giving it an advantage of flying and more importantly, adapting into a Water-type. This observation is also similarly pointed out by the Silver pokedex entry, "Water-repellent powder on its wings enables it to collect honey, even in the heaviest of rains.", FireRed pokedex entry, "The wings are protected by rain-repellent dust. As a result, this POKéMON can fly about even in rain." SoulSilver pokedex entry, "Water-repellent powder on its wings enables it to collect honey, even in the heaviest of rains." and Y pokedex entry "The wings are protected by rain-repellent dust. As a result, this Pokémon can fly about even in rain." Its wings are also poisonous and covered in toxic dust, allowing it to spew out Sludge Bombs at the opponent.

Competitive Description: Butterfree has always been hiding in the shadows for higher tiers, being outclassed as a Quiver Dance user by the likes of Volcarona and Vivillion, and as a Bug-type in general. Horrible bulk, sub-par typing offensively and defensively, and lack of coverage hinders any niche it could have in National Dex at the moment. However, Butterfree can utilize Drizzle, Quiver Dance, decent special bulk, and a much better defensive typing to take on a plethora of special attackers such as Heatran and Ash-Greninja, given the chance to set up on them. It's still held back by poor physical bulk leaving it prone to priority from Rillaboom and Aegislash, as a way to balance the scale. While the type combination seems walled by a huge defensive threat in Toxapex, but much like its partner Volcarona, Psychic can throw it out the window (Hydro Pump and Weather Ball under rain can 2HKO a physically defensive Toxapex after a QD boost!) As a Quiver Dance user, it's able to take on different Pokemon like Tyranitar that Volcarona can struggle against, and as a rain setter, it's more offensively inclined than Pelipper although the two aren't exactly comparable. Sludge Bomb isn't all useful, but it has a slight niche in having a better matchup against few Fairy-types like Primarina and Mega-Gardevoir.

:ss/slowking:
New Ability: Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator → Poison Heal
New Typing:
1600376740942.png /
1600381997120.png

New Stats:
HP: 95
Attack: 75
Defense: 80 → 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 → 140 (+40)
Special Defense: 110 → 140 (+30)
Speed: 30 → 40 (+10)
BST: 490 → 590 (+100)

New Moves: None

Flavor Description: The ability Poison Heal comes from its various Pokedex entries stating that Slowking got its intelligence from toxins entering its head when it got bitten by a Shellder. The poison further expands upon Mega Evolution, making it smarter. Beside this, its body also gets more sturdier and legs grow taller, encouraging Slowking to walk slightly faster. As stated by the Crystal pokedex entry, "Every time it yawns, SHELLDER injects more poison into it. The poison makes it more intelligent." Aside from the Yawn part, this proves that the poison contained from Shellder can make a Slowking more intelligent. It gains no additional moves beyond that.

Competitive Description: Slowking, despite being bulky on the special side, is underused in National Dex compared to Slowbro due to its higher physical bulk, which allows it to frequently switch in on Hawlucha and Mega Lopunny easier. However, with a newfound access to Nasty Plot and overall higher bulk and Special Attack, Slowking turns into an amazing stallbreaker that benefits from the use of Toxic. Its physical bulk is slightly similar to regular Slowbro, allowing it to take on the aforementioned threats easier. A Teleport set can also be very effective, although the lack of Heavy-Duty-Boots is noticable. Its typing gives it some great resistances like Fire, Fighting, and Steel and lets it handle Ground-types quite easily, although it also does come with the drawback of being weak to other common types such as Grass, Electric, Ghost, and Dark. This Pokemon doesn't aim to push its bulk to a great limit like Slowbro does, but it has a different role unique enough that almost nothing can safely switch into it after a Nasty Plot boost.

:ss/froslass:
New Ability: Snow Cloak/Cursed Body → Soul-Heart
New Typing:
1600528209868.png
/
1600528230269.png

New Stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 80
Defense: 70 → 90 (+20)
Special Attack: 80 → 120 (+40)
Special Defense: 70 → 90 (+20)
Speed: 110 → 130 (+20)
BST: 480 → 580 (+100)

New Moves: Nasty Plot, Freeze-Dry (yeah it doesn't get this for some reason)

Flavor Description: As the Sword pokedex entry states, "after a woman met her end on a snowy mountain, her regrets lingered on. From them, this Pokémon was born. Its favorite food is frozen souls.", hence the ability Soul-Heart. Since its spirit now contains evil, it gains access to Nasty Plot.

Competitive Description: Mega Froslass becomes a strong wallbreaker/stallbreaker that can "snowball" lthe team and relies on scoring KOes to become very effective. Its Ghost-typing is also particularly useful as it can completely wall Blissey with Substitute, which would otherwise try to switch in and take any attack from it. Its bulk isn't too terrible, giving it a few opportunies to set up on Pokemon, and can greatly benefit being on hyper offensive teams, due to any hazard and screens support it mandates.

Last edited:

Mega Froslass
Type:
Ice/Ghost
Ability: Technician
Stats:
HP: 70​
Att: 125 (+45)​
Def: 70​
SpA: 125 (+45)​
SpD: 70​
Spe: 120 (+10)​

Technician Froslass is an idea I've had for a while, since she has a ton of special attacks that abuse Technician.
  • Frost Breath (60 power, guaranteed crit)
  • Ominous Wind
  • Hidden Power
  • Draining Kiss
  • Water Pulse, I guess
But Gen 8 (specifically Nat Dex, doing something good for once) made that idea even stronger. Froslass has an impressive special movepool, but its physical movepool is arguably scarier. It already had Ice Shard, but now has a strong Technician-boosted STAB in Triple Axel, as well as a naturally strong STAB in Poltergeist, with Nat Dex allowing it to keep Wake-Up Slap for anti-Dark coverage (70 power isn't the best, but it's respectable).

inkbug

witty caption goes here! i really feel like i need more description on these but i really cant think of anything else to say about em rn so -
:Froslass:
Mega Froslass
New Ability: Snow Cloak/Cursed Body ---> Dry Ice (When this Pokemon inflicts a critical hit, the victim also receives a Burn.)
New Typing:
Ice/Ghost (unchanged)

New Stats: 70/100/70/110/110/120
ATK: 80 --> 100 (+20)
DEF:
70 (--)
SPA:
80 --> 110 (+30)
SPD:
70 --> 110 (+40)
SPE:
110 --> 120 (+10)

New Moves:
Parting Shot, Cross Poison
(If I could give it more than two new moves, I would also want to add Shadow Claw, Night Slash and potentially Focus Energy.)

Desc: The new moves there are more to give it more/mixed options, to be honest, not that it needs them -- it's already got the autocrit move Frost Breath! The base concept of this is to pair well with its other STAB in Hex. Its physical defense hasn't been touched, in part because ideally it's gonna be handing out burns that'll do most of that work for it. I'm maybe lowballing it here on the attack stats, but this sort of build strikes me as a potentially useful stallbreaker and general utility member. (especially when you consider that Froslass learns Spikes!)

:Butterfree:
Mega Butterfree
New Ability: CompoundEyes/Tinted Lens ---> Multiscale
New Typing: Bug/Flying (unchanged)

New Stats: 60/15/110/120/110/80
ATK: 45 --> 15 (-30)
DEF:
50 --> 110 (+60)
SPA:
90 --> 120 (+30)
SPD:
80 --> 110 (+30)
SPE:
70 --> 80 (+10)

New Moves:
Mirror Coat

Desc:
New move is mostly just because I think those moves are a really really fun pair with Multiscale, but maybe that's just me. Butterfree is an effortless user of Multiscale, since the ability pairs well with setup moves such as Quiver Dance as well as Butterfree's varied and reliable recovery methods. It's not that fast, but its defenses are high enough that it can probably pull off a Quiver Dance or two in order to get going.
Personally I'd stat mine mostly defensively and boost the heck out of it but its defenses are high enough unboosted that they should be able to facilitate an offensive build too !

:Slowking:
Mega Slowking
New Ability: Own Tempo/Oblivious/Regenerator --->
New Typing:

New Stats:
HP:
ATK:
DEF:
SPA:
SPD:
SPE:

New Moves:

TL;DR Desc:

Congrats to Inkbug on both Mega Vaporeon and Mega Flareon!!
(and yes, I can absolutely confirm I was hoping for Inkbug's Mega Flareon to win!! Burn Up is such a clever move for Flareon in both forms and I'm so excited to try it!!)

Also, I've made the pull request for slate 9! (ImperialGamer517, I'm not sure if you saw in my last post, but I would be happy to be back on the council as a coder if you want!)

---

:butterfree: Mega Butterfree
New Ability: Tinted Lens/Compound Eyes -> Iridescence
(The secondary effects of Mega Butterfree's Bug-type moves are guaranteed to take effect.)
Type: Bug/Flying

New Stats:
Attack: 45
Defense: 50 -> 105 (+55)
Special Attack: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 70 -> 85 (+15)
(495 BST)

New moves: Strength Sap
Description:
Mega Butterfree is a bulky snowballing sweeper that specializes in stat changes. Its access to Strength Sap allows it to sustain itself and take advantage of physical attackers, while its incredibly unique Ability, Iridescence, allows it to debuff opposing walls and raise its own stats all while attacking rather than needing to spend turns using Quiver Dance.

For reference, the specific moves affected by Iridescence are Signal Beam, Bug Buzz and Silver Wind. Signal Beam's 100% confusion is far from a reliable strategy, so I don't expect it to be used, but it pales in comparison to what Butterfree's other two Iridescence-boosted Bug-type moves have to offer.
Bug Buzz is like Apple Acid (or the somewhat-better-known physical move Fire Lash), a special attacking move that also lowers the target's Special Defense with every use, pressuring opponents to switch and making it more difficult to wall Butterfree despite the common resistances to its moves.
Most importantly, Silver Wind is 60 BP move that now also raises all of Butterfree's stats once with every use.
Butterfree does already have Quiver Dance access, and an omniboost is only really one step removed from that (it doesn't use Attack anyway, so it's just an extra +1 Defense); the real buff here is not the fact of omniboosting but the fact that it can use an attack at the same time that it does, enabling it to snowball and significantly buff its defenses and Speed over time.

That said, this sounds like an extremely strong Ability, so I also want to take a moment to talk about why I don't think this will be broken!
There are so many relevant Pokémon that resist its STABs and its best coverage that, even accounting for Hidden Power, there will always be OU-viable Pokémon that resist all of its attacks; you can think of this like Serperior, which has a seemingly absurd boosting option in Contrary Leaf Storm but can still be walled anyway, keeping it from being broken.
In addition, Silver Wind has little immediate power; it's only after boosting a few times that it can exert significant pressure and boost at the same time, making long-term sweeps very easy to snowball but hardly making it easier to grab early pressure than it is for base Butterfree. It's also held back by its highly limited PP, giving Mega Butterfree only eight chances to boost with it at all; combining this with the potential to force Butterfree out early on, it's feasible to waste its uses of the move, as well as to wear Butterfree down due to its highly detrimental defensive type (especially as a Mega Evolution, meaning it can't be on the same team as Mega Garbodor to cover its Rock weakness!).
Mega Butterfree is still very weak to status, especially Toxic (which can force it out no matter how much it's boosted and undermine its recovery), but also paralysis to a lesser extent (its Speed was balanced around how easy it is to boost, so it's much easier to outpace when that Speed is cut in half - for example, the amount of Speed that takes two Silver Winds when not paralyzed takes six when paralyzed).
Also worth noting: you cannot fit Silver Wind (boosting), Bug Buzz (wallbreaking), Strength Sap (recovery), Hurricane (its strongest move), Sleep Powder (something its base form relies on for insurance) and any coverage at all on the same set. Even if it sounds like it has a ton of good options, there is counterplay to every permutation!

That said, if this does turn out to be broken despite everything, I'm obviously open to nerfing this! I do admit that I'm sort of taking a risk here, giving something incredibly strong to a Pokémon that I don't think is strong enough to abuse it and hoping I'm right, but I think it's a risk worth taking, because this is a Mega Evolution that I think could be extremely fun and interesting to use.
if you can't tell, this is my favorite of the subs I have for you today

---

:slowking: Mega Slowking
New Ability: Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator -> Counter-Clockwise Spiral
(For as long as Mega Slowking is present, the battle takes place under the effects of Trick Room.)
Type: Water/Psychic

New Stats:
HP: 95
Attack: 75
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 100 -> 145 (+45)
Special Defense: 110
Speed: 30 -> 85 (+55)
(590 BST)

Description:
An anti-offense Pokémon that can use Nasty Plot to cleave through faster teams and outspeed and revenge almost any offensive Pokémon thanks to its unusual Ability. The fastest Pokémon are also often among the frailest, so being able to outspeed them all without sacrificing bulk or power is a fantastic asset towards making it an effective cleaner and "sweeper" in itself.
In exchange, it only directly benefits from 45 points of the Mega stat boost itself, and it loses the ability to outspeed slow Pokémon like most walls and other tanks.
Like any Trick Room user, since you want your Speed to be as low as possible rather than as high as possible, you can fully invest in two other stats and have a Speed-reducing nature and still have the best Speed available to Slowking.
Small hint for using this: don't Mega Evolve right away!! Especially since Slowking isn't that reliant on its held item as it is, you can come pretty close to doing what Slowking already does with Regenerator before you Mega Evolve, and it seems like so much more fun to turn the tables on offensive Pokémon to clean lategame than to Mega Evolve right away and sacrifice the rest of what Slowking has to offer defensively. I love using Mega Evolutions like this that can do completely different things at different points in the battle, so I'm happy to have the opportunity to make one in Slowking. C:

Clarification: Mega Slowking cannot provide Trick Room support to its allies and is not a Trick Room autosetter in the same way as most weather setters or Mega Orbeetle or anything! Its Ability only applies while it's on the field. It can be regarded more as a quirk of its own stats than a "real" Trick Room setter.

---

:froslass: Mega Froslass
New Ability: Snow Cloak/Cursed Body -> Magic Bounce
Type: Ice/Ghost

New Stats:
Attack: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Defense: 70 -> 95 (+25)
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Speed: 110 -> 115 (+5)
(580 BST)

Description:
Okay, I know we have three Mega Evolutions with Magic Bounce already, but hear me out - this uses it in a completely different way from any of them!
Froslass is conventionally used as a dedicated lead, with access to Spikes and a fast Destiny Bond to make immediate progress against the opposing team and often guarantee a trade later in the game. It also has some fun utility in Will-o-Wisp and - as of Sword and Shield - surprisingly good physical STABs of both types, including the always-valuable Poltergeist, the best Ghost move in the game and a neat scouting tool on top of that.
Normally, Froslass is forced to spend a moveset on Taunt. This does serve a valuable role for it - it's anti-other leads, anti-other Taunts and can even force opposing Pokémon to attack straight into a Destiny Bond - but it's a bit limiting when it has so many other moves worth using. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to run Spikes, Destiny Bond, Will-o-Wisp and one of its fantastic STABs on the same set without having to worry about those things? That's what Magic Bounce is for - it frees up an extra moveslot so Froslass can use all of the status moves it wants, and it serves all of the aforementioned purposes of Taunt and even mitigates some of the usual risks attached, like the potential of wasting a turn Taunting something that was already going to attack and taking damage.
Mega Froslass is a still-fragile hazard setter that focuses on utility like Spikes and Will-o-Wisp and can sacrifice itself at opportune moments to force trades, setting it apart from the other Magic Bounce Megas and exemplifying the qualities that already make Froslass unique.

---

When I'm coming up with stats for Pokémon, I have this spreadsheet with a rating system so I can compare defenses more easily, and Mega Froslass's uninvested physical bulk got a 666. I just thought that would be fun to share. It's now 3:25 in the morning.

---
Code for Iridescence
Code for Counter-Clockwise Spiral (also requires altering Trick Room)

Last edited:

Mega Butterfree
New Ability: Compound Eyes / Tinted Lens ----> Serene Grace
New Typing: Bug/Flying

New Stats:

HP: 60 ----> 60
Attack: 45 ----> 15 (-30)
Defense: 50 ----> 80 (+30)
Special Attack: 90 ----> 140 (+50)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 80
Speed: 70 ----> 120 (+50)
Base Stat Total: 395 ----> 495
New Moves: Heat Wave
Description: Can be used as a Quiver Dance sweeper or a crippler with Stun Spore + flinch move. Serene Grace turns STAB Air Slash from a middling move to a dangerous one, thanks to its 60% flinch chance and Mega Butterfree's high base Speed. Said ability also gives both Bug Buzz and Psychic coverage a nifty 20% Special Defense Drop, allowing it to break through bulky Pokemon. Heat Wave gives Butterfree coverage against Steel-type Pokemon with a decent 20% chance to burn. Flavor-wise, Heat Wave is learned by many Flying-type Pokemon so I think it would be reasonable for Butterfree to learn it.

Mega Slowking
New Ability: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator----> Water Veil
New Typing: Water/Psychic

New Stats:

HP: 95 ----> 90
Attack: 75 ----> 115 (+40)
Defense: 80 ----> 80
Special Attack: 100 ----> 100
Special Defense: 110 ----> 170 (+60)
Speed: 30 ----> 30
Base Stat Total: 490 ----> 490
New Moves: None
Description: Its stat boosts somewhat mirror Mega Slowbro's. While Mega Slowbro's stat line makes it perfect for a Calm Mind booster, Mega Slowking's stat line is perfect for a Curse sweeper. Water Veil prevents it from getting screwed by burns.

Mega Froslass
New Ability: Snow Cloak / Cursed Body ----> Queenly Majesty
New Typing: Ice/Ghost

New Stats:

HP: 70 ----> 70
Attack: 80 ----> 90 (+10)
Defense: 70 ----> 70
Special Attack: 80 ----> 150 (+70)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 70
Speed: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 480----> 580
New Moves: Focus Blast
Description: High Special Attack stat and Speed stats, along with its wide special movepool makes Mega Froslass an efficient All-Out Attacker. Queenly Majesty makes sweeping more comfortable as it won't have to worry about priority anymore. It also syngergizes well with its typing, as a lot of Pokemon would try to maim it with super-effective priority moves such as Sucker Punch and Bullet Punch. Focus Blast rounds out its coverage, hitting Steel-types such as Heatran, Magearna, and Mega Aggron hard.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)