Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this? It's doubles based. Each player gets one Totem Mon and five standard Mon. Totem Mon cannot affect each other and standard mon cannot affect opposing standard Mon. First player to lose EITHER their totem Mon OR their five standard Mon loses. That removes a lot of the RNG.
well the rng is theres a 50-50 chance that you get the totem pokemon. Thats there on purpose.

i had an Idea lollers

Field Wars
All damaging Fire/Water/Grass moves now apply Pledge effects.
The Pledge moves are only used in Doubles, and even then, their usage is very minimal. For those who don't remember what Pledge moves do, here's a quick recap:
  • When using Fire and Water Pledge, a rainbow is formed, essentially granting Serene Grace to your side of the field for 4 turns. The rainbow stacks with Serene Grace when it comes to secondary effects such as stat boosting, but not flinching.​
  • When using Fire and Grass Pledge, a sea of fire is formed, dealing 1/8 of the opponents' max HP at the end of every turn. Fire-types don't take any damage.​
  • When using Water and Grass Pledge, a swamp is formed, making the opponent's side of the field lose 1/4 of their Speed stat if they touch the ground.​
The premise of this metagame is somewhat simple: Any Fire move will apply the sea of fire to the opponent's side of the field, any Water move will apply the rainbow to your side of the field, and any Grass move will apply the swamp to the opponent's side of the field. However, only one pledge can be active for each user. What this means, essentially, is that there is no Pledge-stacking.

Player 1 sends out Venusaur.
Player 2 sends out Keldeo.

Keldeo uses Flip Turn, giving Player 2's team the Rainbow effect.
Player 2 sends out Jirachi.
Venusaur uses Giga Drain, giving the Player 2's team the Swamp effect. (Rainbow is still active)

Jirachi uses Fire Punch. Venusaur is burned.
The rainbow vanishes, and Player 1's team now has the sea of flames effect active on them.

The extra effects from the Pledge moves last for 4 turns, just like they do in regular gameplay.

Potential threats: Rillaboom. Being able to slow down the opponent's entire team with its priority Grassy Glide might be too overcentralizing for the metagame. Flip Turn is a very strong tool that has to be planned around carefully.

Questions for the community: Is Field Wars a good name that embodies what this metagame's about? Does this seem like a fun idea?

Last edited:
i had an Idea lollers

Field Wars
All Fire/Water/Grass moves now apply Pledge effects.
The Pledge moves are only used in Doubles, and even then, their usage is very minimal. For those who don't remember what Pledge moves do, here's a quick recap:
  • When using Fire and Water Pledge, a rainbow is formed, essentially granting Serene Grace to your side of the field for 4 turns. The rainbow stacks with Serene Grace when it comes to secondary effects such as stat boosting, but not flinching.​
  • When using Fire and Grass Pledge, a sea of fire is formed, dealing 1/8 of the opponents' max HP at the end of every turn. Fire-types don't take any damage.​
  • When using Water and Grass Pledge, a swamp is formed, making the opponent's side of the field lose 1/4 of their Speed stat if they touch the ground.​
The premise of this metagame is somewhat simple: Any Fire move will apply the sea of fire to the opponent's side of the field, any Water move will apply the rainbow to your side of the field, and any Grass move will apply the swamp to the opponent's side of the field. However, only one pledge can be active for each user. What this means, essentially, is that there is no Pledge-stacking.

Player 1 sends out Venusaur.
Player 2 sends out Keldeo.

Keldeo uses Flip Turn, giving Player 1's team the Rainbow effect.
Player 2 sends out Jirachi.
Venusaur uses Giga Drain, giving the Player 2's team the Swamp effect. (Rainbow is still active)

Jirachi uses Fire Punch. Venusaur is burned.
The rainbow vanishes, and Player 1's team now has the sea of flames effect active on them.

The extra effects from the Pledge moves last for 4 turns, just like they do in regular gameplay.

Potential threats: Rillaboom. Being able to slow down the opponent's entire team with its priority Grassy Glide might be too overcentralizing for the metagame. Flip Turn is a very strong tool that has to be planned around carefully.

Questions for the community: Is Field Wars a good name that embodies what this metagame's about? Does this seem like a fun idea?
I like the idea, but I would like to propose that this effect only applies to attacks without extra effect, like Flamethrower or Razor Leaf, the effects like charge attack, recoil, or Stats reduction, could also be included, well it's just a suggestion to promote moveset diversity.
In any case I ask, with the original proposal, would Status moves also have that added effect? moves like Aqua ring or Leech seeds.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

In any case I ask, with the original proposal, would Status moves also have that added effect? moves like Aqua ring or Leech seeds.
Oops! Edited the main post. Status moves would not trigger the pledge field effect.

well it's just a suggestion to promote moveset diversity.
I feel there's more incentive to run Fire/Water/Grass coverage moves even on Pokémon that don't necessarily receive STAB from it, to constantly reapply the field effects. It could be changed, as it's still an idea in early development, but for now, I don't see limiting which moves can trigger field effects as a good idea.

I think this is a pretty cool idea, it would be interesting to see the balance people would have to strike between already high base power moves with low pp and lower base power moves with high pp. That said, I think moves like flamethrower/ice beam/thunderbolt would have to be put on the watchlist because of their 90 base power and relatively high pp.
Although, if you were to remove the default pp maxes for all moves on pokemon showdown, this metagame might become easier to balance, since 5 base power per every lost pp might be a lot of additional power for certain moves.
I think a decent way to treat counter, mirror coat, and metal burst would be to add an additional 5% for each pp lost. For example, if you've used counter once, it would deal back 205% of damage dealt of a physical move instead of 200%. If you think this would be too overpowered (which I don't think it would), you could change the base values from 200% to 150% for counter/mirror coat and 150% to 125% or 100% for metal burst.
A good name for this metagame might be "Trump Card" or something with that incorporated, since Trump Card is a move that already gets more powerful the less pp it has.
That's some lovely suggestions! In the end I thought damaging moves without base power might just work normally for simplicity (and the sanity of the coder!) Trump Card is an amazing name and I'll take it.

A notable category of moves that are overpowered is multihits, with things like Cloyster being able to double its damage after 3 uses, Triple Axel essentially adding 35 BP per use assuming perfect RNG, and so on. As for fixed damage/damageless moves, I think it's better to just assume that nothing changes. Although counters might make sense with simply adding 5 percent, what about things like Seismic toss? Adding 5% each time would be brutal, making switching into Chansey/Blissey a nightmare. Flinch hax are even better: with poor RNG togekiss or jirachi will now ohko the rest of your team.
I like the idea, but I must say that more than worrying about "Counter moves" you should pay attention to the "multi-hit moves" I would not want to find a Cincinno giving me a tail slap with power of 35, and that would only be the third attack.
I think an interesting combo could be Skill swap with Pressure, I just hope it's not overexploited.
I have carefully thought about it, and I think that for most multi-hit attackers they either don't hit five times or they don't really last long enough to click the move a lot. Although Cinccino definitely sounds like something threatening that I have forgotten, I'll keep that in mind and watch carefully how these pokemons will behave if it gets to be implemented!
Sadly Dusknoir is the only pokemon that has both Skill Swap and Pressure, and it won't be too great offensively anyways. Could be a support to teammates tho.

the RNG is only for who becomes the totem pokemon, and its announced before theychoose so its not even a suprise or anything
Still the kind of thing metas have been rejected for. I have seen ones rejected for randomising things and announcing it prior to the match before (specifically field settings.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Abilimoves

Premise: Add abilities to Pokemon at the cost of moveslots.
  • This OM would balance the power and allure of stacking any legal ability with Pokemon at the cost of coverage. It be trading the proactive advantage of multiple moves for the passive bonuses of extra abilities. Abilities that are added to moves can be called "Abilimoves."​
  • Adding abilities would be done by typing the name of the ability in the moveslot. For example, to add Adaptability to Garchomp, write Adaptability in one of the moves, and then the set importable would look like this:
    • Garchomp @ Life Orb
      Ability: Rough Skin
      EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
      Jolly Nature
      - Adaptability
      - Swords Dance
      - Scale Shot
      - Earthquake
  • This OM is similar to Pokeabilities and Shared Power for the stacking ability mechanic, but unique from them as: 1.) Pokemon are not limited by the abilities they already have, and 2.) Pokemon are not limited by the abilities of their teammates.
  • AAA is also a similar concept, although Abilimoves offers: 1.) the unique ability stacking mechanic, 2.) the preservation of original ability distribution (See: Archeops would still have Defeatist), and 3.) the additional balancing check of sacrificing moves for new abilities.
  • Pokemon may have 1, 2, 3, or 0 Abilimoves. 4 would be illegal as Pokemon still need one move as to not auto-Struggle.
Initial Clauses and Banlist:
  • Pokemon: OU banlist and clauses. I don't see anything else being added initially before testing because Pokemon like Regigigas and Archeops still keep their detrimental abilities.
  • Abilimoves: The same as AAA's banned abilities. No need to reinvent the wheel here; if AAA banned Gorilla Tactics and Poison Heal for good reason, I think it's safe to say they'd be unhealthy here as well.
    • Note: this banlist only bans Abilimoves, not abilities! A Pokemon with Huge Power as its normal ability like Azumaril will still be legal. What is actually being banned is adding these moves to moveslots, so Garchamp can't run Huge Power, but also nor can Sap Sipper Azumaril run Huge Power as a moveslot.
  • Abilimoves Clause: A player cannot have more than two Pokemon with the same Abilitimove on a team. Same as the AAA clause but for the moveslots, so to encourage teams not to just add Regenerator and Adaptability as buffs to every mon.
Strategy Comments and Theories:
  • This meta should favor all playstyles as there's plausible offensive and defensive buffs through all types of Abilimoves.
  • Common offensive Abillimoves and combos could be: Adaptability, Tough Claws, Sheer Force, Tinted Lens, Hustle + No Guard, Steelworker + Steely Spirit, Magic Guard + Reckless, weather starting abilities + weather abusing abilities, ect.
  • Common defensive Abilimoves and combos could be: Regenerator, Regenerator + Wimp Out, Rough Skin + Iron Barbs, Magic Bounce, Delta Stream, Prankster, Dauntless Shield, ect.
  • Mono Attackers: double-down on power and negate the negative effects of Choice items by having 1 attack + 3 Abilimoves. It might be risky, but the raw power of additional abilities, especially Tinted Lens, could make this worthwhile.
  • Regenerator + Wimp Out cores: Even with just two of these Pokemon that have this combo, you can cycle through hits and continuously pivot while regaining health. Emergency Exit works too, of course.
  • Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin + Iron Barbs shaves off over 40% from a single contact attack! Better try Magic Guard / Long Reach / Protective Pads.
Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Magic Guard
- Adaptability / Reckless

A dedicated revenge killer, Talonflame utilizes consistent priority Brave Birds until it's actually hit itself. Flare Blitz is also good coverage for Flying and gets all the same offensive boosts and perks. Reckless would work if there's other Adaptability sweepers.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- No Guard
- Steelworker
- Steely Spirit / Superpower

A monoattacker that hits incredibly hard, but Steel is also a commonly resisted typing and Durant would also be very predictable. Superpower could also work at the cost of some of the raw power of Iron Head.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Expanding Force
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic Surge

A lot like its AAA set but instead of Recover or additional coverage, Aalakazam retains its Magic Gaurd + Focus Sash niche.

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Recover
- wimpout

Ferrothorn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Seed
- regenerator
- Wimp Out

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- dauntlessshield

Pex and Ferro can cycle through hits with Regen + Wimp Out while still passively wearing stuff down with RH and iron barbs. Ferro is AV cause Knock Off + Bullet Seed could be a good combo and retain PP. Speaking off, Pressure is a scary ability here for stall, and an even bulkier Corviknight looks tough to deal with.

Questions:
This OM was denied last gen for a couple of vague reasons. Some thought it was too similar to AAA, and others thought it was too late into gen7 for it to fully develop. I explained my 3 defining differences from AAA and even other OMs above. I also think this is a good time for a new OM. What do you think?

Anything else seem banworthy? And any cool sets?

Shedinja'd
Original Idea from reddit: Crazy idea for a metagame: "Shedinja'd." Unplayable or just plain old insane? : stunfisk (reddit.com)
Premise
Every pokemon has their HP brought to 1, and magic guard alongside their usual ability.
Mold breaker does not break wonder guard, just the other ability.
Because of potential stall wars, after 40 rounds the player with the most pokemon wins.
Potential Bans
Clefable and Alakazam, because magic guard. Sigilyph is much more managable to deal with, so that's allowed.
Sturdy, for obvious reasons.
Maybe a sandstream/hail ban? Not completely sure.
Questions for the Community
Would ubers break this metagame?
How fun would a meta like this be?

Shedinja'd
Original Idea from reddit: Crazy idea for a metagame: "Shedinja'd." Unplayable or just plain old insane? : stunfisk (reddit.com)
Premise
Every pokemon has their HP brought to 1, and magic guard alongside their usual ability.
Because of potential stall wars, after 40 rounds the player with the most pokemon wins.
Potential Bans
Clefable and Alakazam, because magic guard. Sigilyph is much more managable to deal with, so that's allowed.
This idea seems like it would be really good for people who want quick matches or just want to see a lot of swings in the control of the match. Also, because no stats matter but speed, teambuilding in terms of ev allocation would be really nice, just slapping a 252+ on the speed stat and you're done.

I don't think ubers would break this meta. Most ubers are banned in ou for having insanely high BSTs, and that's not really a concern here since the only stat that matters is speed. That said, some ubers could still be bannable due to broken abilities and the like. For example, Cinderace might have to be put on the watchlist since it's fast and it can change its type on a whim, making it hard to kill without a 120+ base speed mon.

Entry hazards would have to be banned. With items clause every match would boil down to setting stealth rocks and then outspeeding the other person's stealth rocks mon and heavy-duty boots user. Without items clause everything would carry boots. Either way it's not interesting.

Although shadow tag/arena trap might seem really lame at first, I don't think they should be banned. They would give a nice break from the rampant switching this meta would have, and it wouldn't give you free kills, since the pokemon with the ability would still have to have the coverage moves to back it up.

Weather might be too overcentralizing? Sandstorm/hail could lead to a lot of ground/rock/steel or ice pokemon to be run, respectively, and sun/rain would pair well with chlorophyll/swift swim. This could be combatted with safety goggles for sand/hail and cloud nine, but it ultimately comes down to if weather is overcentralizing, and if the format is interesting without it. It's hard to really say without at least trying it out.

That said, weather could provide for some interesting mind games, and mind games would probably be emphasized in this meta more than any other. There's a lot to think about when considering what might break this meta, too much for one post.

Shedinja'd
Premise
Potential Bans
Sturdy, Levitate (electric type), Burn out (fire type) Air ballon and Magnet rise, must be banned right now.

My vote for Sandstream and Hail is for ban, also ban for Cleafable.

Tuthur

formerly 0-7 in FCL
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Shedinja'd
Premise
Potential Bans
This actually a very interessant idea that was developped in last gen thread (by myself and by Ho3nConfirm3d).

So the premise is: every Pokémon has one single HP and can only get hit by super effective move. The 40 rounds is arbitrary and shouldn't exist to start with, there is already an 1000 turns rule on PS! and seeing how easy it is to get a KO and lure something, I doubt the metagame would be to stally.

I don't know why you'd look at Clefable and Alakazam differently than Sigyliph or any Magic Guard user. Magic Guard is centralizing in this tier as it lets them wall most options to get a KO (weather, hazards, status, leech seed, ...). I can only see three ways of dealing with Magic Guard Pokémon. First, running Gastro Acid and Worry Seed can catch off-guard a Magic Guard user that would have sponged a status or switch in during hail/sandstorm. Second, Neutralizing Gas works the same way but works better versus hazards. Third, having super effective hit for the Magic Guard users but this is very restrictive as they have different weakness and coverage can easily be predicted since Hidden Power got removed. There is no real difference between Clefable, Alakazam, and Sigyliph in how you deal with them, because it's a Magic Guard problem. So please, don't consider banning Clefable and Alakazam before Magic Guard.

Sturdy shouldn't be quickbanned because indirect damages would be much more important. This means Sturdy users are still vulnerable to extremely powerful strategies like hazards, status, leech seed, weather, sticky barb trick, ...

Snow Warning and Sand Stream will for sure be very powerful but in my opinion far from broken. Between immuned types, Magic Guard, Overcoat, Safety Gogles, Cloud Nine, and self setting another weather, there are counterplay to weather, even if auto-set, thus it's not broken at all.

Ubers also shouldn't be banned because their ban is a result of too good offensive or defensive capacities in standard metagame, but these capacities are useless in a metagame where every Pokémon has one HP.

I think outside of Magic Guard, nothing is worth instantly quickbanning. Sticky Barb and hazards should stay under the radar, but the rest looks fine and to have enough counterplay.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Useless Moves
I am currently hosting a tournament with the same idea, you can check it here.
Premise: Pokémon can only use moves marked as "Usually Useless Moves". Some moves change between "Moves" and "Usually Useless Moves" if you use or not an ability, that would be considered when validating the team.

Potential Bans: The tour already has some banned moves. I felt that they were pretty centralizing when playing this with friends. We weren't willing to make it a metagame, so these moves would be retested if this becomes a thing. About Pokémon, for now I would just keep banned Ubers and maybe Shedinja as movepools are very restricted and Shedinja wouldn't run HDB as there are no hazards. Magic Bounce is banned but could be unbanned, and Regenerator is simply broken due to the lack of powerful threats.

Threats: As there would be a decently large banlist, I don't see too many threats. One could be...

Snorlax @ Starf Berry / Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recycle
- Defense Curl / Skull Bash
- Chip Away / Mega Kick / Mega Punch / Retaliate / Secret Power
- Bite /Stomping Tantrum
This can set up in a bunch of things due to the lack of powerful moves in many Pokémon. It could also run a Rollout set when paired with Defense Curl.

Questions for the community: Idk tbh, should we try unbanning any Uber like Vish? May moves like Screech or Fake Tears be in the watchlist as they are like SD or NP? Do you think the name of the tier is accurate?

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Questions for the community: Idk tbh, should we try unbanning any Uber like Vish? May moves like Screech or Fake Tears be in the watchlist as they are like SD or NP? Do you think the name of the tier is accurate?
Ubers known for their massive BST alone will stay banned. Since Dracovish will lose Fisheous Rend, it will certainly get unbanned.

The opponent’s Defense / Special Defense drop can be removed by simply switching away the opposing Pokémon and only affects the whole 1v1 situation, not in the long run, unlike boosting your own Pokémon’s Attack / Special Attack where it sticks around until your Pokémon faints or switch away.

Mariannabelle

chill guy
Sorry if someone else already suggested this, but I didn't see it when I scanned the OM index, so

Wonder Launcher(+) Equipped
Premise:
The basic idea of this format is that players would have access to the Wonder Launcher from Generation 5 (or a modified version), and would be able to use a turn to execute an item such as X Attack or Potion. Wonder Launcher items cost Points to use, and Points are capped at 14. Players gain 1 point per turn.

Potential Bans and Threats:
I would imagine that the associated Point costs of certain items would balance out their effectiveness (Full Restore sounds busted until you realize it costs a whopping 13 out of max 14 points), but certain items may need to be banned anyway, such as Revive or Max Revive. Items like X Attack 6 may also end up being too strong despite their immense Point costs.

Pokemon that lack setup moves will compensate by using Wonder Launcher; for example, Dragapult cannot use Nasty Plot, but the player can expend points to use X Special 2. Likewise, Pokemon that lack recovery can benefit from the use of Hyper Potion.

Other strategies could crop up around the use of Ability Urge or Item Urge.

Questions for the Community:
- Is it feasible to implement this on Showdown? How would you go about it?
Personally, I was envisioning something like, instead of checking a Dynamax or a Mega box, you would check a Wonder Launcher box, and upon doing so your move options and Pokemon selection would be replaced with Launcher items. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if this would work. The more difficult part, I imagine, would be a way to track point accumulation and spending.
- Should items be added, removed, or replaced? (If yes, it would be a [Wonder Launcher+] instead of a Wonder Launcher)
For example, a made-up item Haze Bottle would reset everyone's stat changes to 0, to counteract the effects of items like X Attack 6; a Disposable Barrier would replicate the effects of Protect; etc.

Last edited:
Immunity
Premise: Nicknaming a Pokémon a specific type grants you an immunity to this type.

From what I have seen, there hasn't been a concept similar to this before, sorry if there has and I just missed it.

Potential Bans/Threats:

Ubers remain banned.

Clauses: Smogon-wide clauses, Dynamax clause

Dark (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

I believe that Dragapult could become quite threatening by running Dark immunity, not having to worry about being hit by Knock Off for huge damage, or possibly a KO. Could warrant a ban in the future.

Questions for the community:

Would the ability Scrappy also ignore the added immunity?
: My personal belief is that it would not, as a Scrappy mon cannot hit a Steel type with a Poison move, but would it interact the same with this meta? If a Normal or Fighting immunity was chosen, would it be able to hit that?

Would an immunity to Rock types grant an immunity to Stealth Rocks? This would not apply to Spikes, as they don't deal type based damage.

Should the amount of mons immune to a given type be limited to only one? i.e. Magnezone and Heatran could not both run Ground immunity.

I'd love to hear any feedback about this idea from the community

I think it would be difficult to actually play. The ability to blank 6 types per team is really really strong - blanking a (once) threat is incredibly easy - and there arent many benefits to offense (scald immunity is cool though!). In addition, choice items would be a greater liability. I would personally suggest some kind of cost or limit (such as trademarked replacing the ability slot).

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
I agree with Tmi, Choice Items would be much less viable as there are 6 more immunities you can't control and Stall would become much more viable. I also suggest any drawback when being immune to a type, like not being able to bring item e.g

I would personally suggest some kind of cost or limit (such as trademarked replacing the ability slot).
I agree with Tmi, Choice Items would be much less viable as there are 6 more immunities you can't control and Stall would become much more viable. I also suggest any drawback when being immune to a type, like not being able to bring item e.g
Would something along the lines of holding a Berry in line with the Natural Gift types be more viable? It would prevent running an item, but I am unsure how interactions with Knock Off and Trick would work.

I could also see replacing the Ability slot, this would prevent immunity stacking with Water Absorb, Flash Fire, etc

IIRC Trick would work like normal, as it was never affected by type matchups. Same goes for Switcheroo and Corrosive Gas (the latter would be huge for removing immunities from opposing mons) Knock Off would be effected by immunities as it deals damage in addition to removing items.

Clas

My death was... greatly exaggerated
is a Tiering Contributor
- Is it feasible to implement this on Showdown? How would you go about it?
Personally, I was envisioning something like, instead of checking a Dynamax or a Mega box, you would check a Wonder Launcher box, and upon doing so your move options and Pokemon selection would be replaced with Launcher items. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if this would work. The more difficult part, I imagine, would be a way to track point accumulation and spending.
Yes, this is very much feasible, however this would just be awkward

- Should items be added, removed, or replaced? (If yes, it would be a [Wonder Launcher+] instead of a Wonder Launcher)
For example, a made-up item Haze Bottle would reset everyone's stat changes to 0, to counteract the effects of items like X Attack 6; a Disposable Barrier would replicate the effects of Protect; etc.
Adding items makes it a pet mod, not an om and therefore imo would remove the entire point of the metagame. However, this still doesn't change my answer of no, since these items can be added to the Wonder Launcher rather than an actual item (though a haze-in-a-bottle sounds incredibly op)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)