Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question how would pixlate work? would it be a physical fairy move? or would it become a special move?

if it works in transforming it from physical to special by making it fairy gardivor will return the love it got on top of having ice coverage now

conceldor and a few others get focus blast instead of a stat lowering move even if its less accurate

Rampardos gets a sheerforce boosted ground move

every bug type got nerfed if it was special based so every quiver dancer in the game pretty much

komo-o can go full special with bolt beam

mawwhile gets focus blast to break steel types but loses one of its stabs

looks like Blacephalon will be going mixed cause it does not have enough coverage on ether side but stronger ghost move while having a high special attack for knock offs and mind blown/Over heat to come off of even without it being invested in

maybe running

Blacephalon@Firium z
-Return
-Shadow ball
-Knock off
-Mindblow/Over heat
?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Question how would pixlate work? would it be a physical fairy move? or would it become a special move?

if it works in transforming it from physical to special by making it fairy gardivor will return the love it got on top of having ice coverage now

conceldor and a few others get focus blast instead of a stat lowering move even if its less accurate

Rampardos gets a sheerforce boosted ground move

every bug type got nerfed if it was special based so every quiver dancer in the game pretty much

komo-o can go full special with bolt beam

mawwhile gets focus blast to break steel types but loses one of its stabs

looks like Blacephalon will be going mixed cause it does not have enough coverage on ether side but stronger ghost move while having a high special attack for knock offs and mind blown/Over heat to come off of even without it being invested in

maybe running

Blacephalon@Firium z
-Return
-Shadow ball
-Knock off
-Mindblow/Over heat
?
Pixilate turns the moves into Special.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Just gotta say that 100 attack isn't anything special.

I really like the whole No Split meta idea though, I'd be interested to see where it goes.
Adding onto that, those calculations are ran with a - nature for the special attack fsr

Hi, it's me with a new (I hope it hasn't used) othermeta idea.

Immunities Off

Metagame premise: All the pokemon's immunities are off, as Fairy to Dragon or Flying to Ground. And the immunities now turn on Neutral (x1) damage. This results in a pokemon who have, ex, Ground Immunity (Aerodactyl) now would received a Super effective (x2) damage from Ground moves. This would include the immunities for Toxic (and similar), Will-o-Wisp, Spore (and similar), Thunder Wave (and similar), Prankster and Terrain.

Potential Bans and Threats: OU Banlist and Clauses

Questions for the community: Is the neutral damage in replace of immunities viable?
Zygarde sounds really good. I’m out.

Zygarde sounds really good. I’m out.
whats the difference between it before and now the fact that it can finally use earthquake instead of thousand arrows?

also you want to know what sounds good any normal type with good fighting stab or vise versa cause now they all have scrappy now plus an ability. swellow? no longer needs scrappy can just spam normal

you can not trap ghosts you can not trap flying types(that's right you cant trap flying types with ground based trapping moves/ ability's right?)
No immunities. Ie. Ghosts can get trapped and flying types are affected just as much by ground moves as anything else.

Question about Immunities Off: Are immunity abilities like Levitate and Storm Drain affected? I think they shouldn't, as it would give mons with those abilities an increased niche.

I came up with an idea where each player gets to use a small number of items, decided upon before the start of the match; either each player comes in with the same inventory, or is given an amount of PokéDollars to "buy" items from a "Poké Mart" before the match. So, in essence, it would be more difficult for a player to completely get screwed over; a Revive, Hyper/Max Potion, or Full Heal/Restore could be used to patch up a key Pokémon being incapacitated. Of course, just like in the main Pokémon games, using an item would take a turn, meaning that you'd have to be careful about when you use your items to avoid losing too much momentum. I think this sort of metagame could be a very interesting one if implemented properly (and if the inventories are kept small, e.g. no going in with 50 Revives so matches take f***ing forever).

No immunities. Ie. Ghosts can get trapped and flying types are affected just as much by ground moves as anything else.
There's no reason why flying types couldn't be trapped, since normally any tapping move/ability except arena trap and thousand waves works on them. But I don't think ghosts have an "immunity" to trapping, so they should still be unable to be trapped in this meta.

There's no reason why flying types couldn't be trapped, since normally any tapping move/ability except arena trap and thousand waves works on them. But I don't think ghosts have an "immunity" to trapping, so they should still be unable to be trapped in this meta.
That's what I meant about flying types being able to be trapped.

As for ghosts. They can't be trapped. That's an immunity.

Regarding "abilities that give an immunity", these may be preserved to "balance" the metagame. Also, Zygarde is a potential threat, maybe if Thousand Arrows would be banned, his threat would be less, and Outrage would have to be banned, cause it's a powerful move that now doesn't have an immunity that checks it.

Regarding "abilities that give an immunity", these may be preserved to "balance" the metagame. Also, Zygarde is a potential threat, maybe if Thousand Arrows would be banned, his threat would be less, and Outrage would have to be banned, cause it's a powerful move that now doesn't have an immunity that checks it.
There's no need for Outrage to be banned. True, it will be very good, but it wasn't broken before the introduction of Fairy types, and it won't be now.

Speaking of Outrage, DragMag might make a comeback, as Steel is now the only thing that resists Dragon.

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
So here’s a metagame idea I’ve been thinking about-

“Stand-Alone”

Metagame Premise: Only non-evolving Pokemon can be used.

Possible Bans/Threats:
OU banlist, most legendaries/mythicals/megas/maybe the ultra beasts(???), and of course, all evolving Pokemon.

Non-banned legendaries/ubs/megas/mythicals:

Articuno, Regigigas, M-Audino, M-Absol, and Nihilego.

Possible threats include:

Skarmory. Skarmory is already somewhat viable in OU, and, when compared to other non-evolving Pokemon, is one of the best.

Smeargle. Sketch. Enough said.

(Possibly) Ditto. Ditto really could go either way in this meta. Although its health is better compared to other viable Pokémon of this meta, it still could kind of, well, be about as good as it is in OU.

Drampa. Already having an absolutely beastly 135 SpA (the same as Volcarona, Darkrai, etc.), combined with its ability, Beserk, makes this thing essentially the best special attacker in the meta.

(Possibly) Chatot. Chatter is an incredible signature move for a somewhat insignificant Pokémon, being the only move with a 100% chance to confuse while still doing damage. However, even compared to non-evolving Pokémon, Chatot still is lacking in stats.

Turtonator. Basically just a defensive Drampa with no signature ability, but still, 135 Def is pretty good. Also, Shell Trap.

Shuckle. HAVE YOU SEEN HIS DEFENSE IN BOTH CATEGORIES? HE’S ABSOLUTELY INSANE! Sure, he may be weak to incredibly common types, but with 230 Def and SpDef, Stealth Rock, and Sticky Web, he can serve as an incredible setup Pokémon.

M-Absol. Has an incredible attack stat compared to most of the meta.

Dhelmise. Basically just Absol, but a wall breaker.

Mega Audino. M-Audino normally is a pretty good wall, and in this case probably counters Drampa as well.

Mimikyu. Similar to Skarmory, Mimikyu already does decently in OU, and in this meta, would probably do excellently, especially with its signature Z-Move.

(Possibly) Aerodactyl. Although this Pokemon has pretty good stats, it falls hard to Pokémon like Rotom or Passimian.

(Possibly) Nihilego. Although this Pokémon’s other stats are okay, and it has a decent movepool, having a base 47 defense means Pokémon like Passimian and Skarmory cut through this mon like butter.

Questions for the Community:
Would this Metagame be fun?
Are there any Pokémon that are too strong?
Are there any banned Pokémon that are weak enough to be unbanned?

Last edited:

“Stand-Alone”

Possible Bans/Threats:
OU banlist, most legendaries/mythicals/megas/maybe the ultra beasts(???), and of course, all evolving Pokemon.

Skarmory. Skarmory is already somewhat viable in OU, and, when compared to other non-evolving Pokemon, is one of the best.

(Possibly) Ditto. Ditto really could go either way in this meta. Although its health is better compared to other viable Pokémon of this meta, it still could kind of, well, be about as good as it is in OU.

Drampa. Already having an absolutely beastly 135 SpA (the same as Volcarona, Darkrai, etc.), combined with its ability, Beserk, makes this thing essentially the best special attacker in the meta.

(Possibly) Chatot. Chatter is an incredible signature move for a somewhat insignificant Pokémon, being the only move with a 100% chance to confuse while still doing damage. However, even compared to non-evolving Pokémon, Chatot still is lacking in stats.

Turtonator. Basically just a defensive Drampa with no signature ability, but still, 135 Def is pretty good. Also, Shell Trap.

Shuckle. HAVE YOU SEEN HIS DEFENSE IN BOTH CATEGORIES? HE’S ABSOLUTELY INSANE! Sure, he may be weak to incredibly common types, but with 230 Def and SpDef, Stealth Rock, and Sticky Web, he can serve as an incredible setup Pokémon.

Absol. Has an incredible attack stat compared to most of the meta.

Dhelmise. Basically just Absol, but a wall breaker with a Atk boost of one.

This meta sounds interesting. It's kinda like the outcasts of Little Cup, in that it's Pokemon that are technicslly unevolved, but aren't allowed in Little Cup because they have nothing to evolve into.

That's what I meant about flying types being able to be trapped.

As for ghosts. They can't be trapped. That's an immunity.
Ghosts not being abled to be trapped is not really an immunity as any type can not trap them even if the attack it self can hit

“Stand-Alone”

Possible Bans/Threats:

Sounds fun but a very small roster of viable pokemon

“Stand-Alone”

Possible Bans/Threats:

Pinsir, Tauros, Aerodactyl, Heracross, Hawlucha, Mimikyu!

SPIRITMON
(from spirit animal)

The first pokemon in the team gains 1.5x to all stats.
the rest of the team loses a percentage of all there stats based on how much hp that pokemon has lost currently all pokemon in the party gain access to that pokemons moves as well as the ability as an second ability

Azelf @ Red Card
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Psychic

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thousand Arrows
- Iron Tail
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Flamethrower
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 25 Spe
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

In this example all pokemon have levitate as well as there own ability as well as could learn the moves if they so choose such as magerna having flame thrower

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Super Fang
Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Hail
Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Return
- Stomping Tantrum
Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Freeze-Dry
- Calm Mind
- Protect
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Sing
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

I know this is not a viable team but I made it to show off how powerful it could be and how it could get some creative juices flowing in this instance all pokemon have refrigortate after glalie evolves good luck with that...
as well as xuriktree has icebeam now kyurem uses return to get ice stab fini now has freeze dry to hit water types and neutral coverage across pretty much every pokemon ferrothorn got sing cause why not and who does not want a stronger extreme speed its not like it got stab anyway so why not make it stronger as well as glalie is powerful in its own right cause of the 1.5x boost to all stats its now fully capable of being a fast sweeper

If a pokemon mega evolves the pokemon gain the mega evolved ability instead
Things banned from being the spiritmon or ability of the spirit mon: smeargle, huge power, pure power, furcoat

anything else I need to ban?

Does this meta need to be changed as to make it less focused on the leader maybe? drop the 1.5x boost and the stats based on hp?

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
SpiritMon

The first pokemon in the team gains 1.5x to all stats.
the rest of the team loses a percentage of all there stats based on how much hp that pokemon has lost currently all pokemon in the party gain access to that pokemons moves as well as the ability which as a secondary effect.
Why SpiritMon?

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
I came up with an idea where each player gets to use a small number of items, decided upon before the start of the match; either each player comes in with the same inventory, or is given an amount of PokéDollars to "buy" items from a "Poké Mart" before the match. So, in essence, it would be more difficult for a player to completely get screwed over; a Revive, Hyper/Max Potion, or Full Heal/Restore could be used to patch up a key Pokémon being incapacitated. Of course, just like in the main Pokémon games, using an item would take a turn, meaning that you'd have to be careful about when you use your items to avoid losing too much momentum. I think this sort of metagame could be a very interesting one if implemented properly (and if the inventories are kept small, e.g. no going in with 50 Revives so matches take f***ing forever).
I really like this idea. I’m thinking we should use the Wonder Launcher mechanic from Gen 5, where players accumulate points over time and can spend them on different items during battle. Some of the special items could be really interesting (Ability Urge in particular seems like there would be a huge amount of cool and crazy strategies surrounding it).

“Stand-Alone”

Possible Bans/Threats:

I absolutely love this idea, and I also like that you preemptively thought of excluding Legendaries (since the whole meta would revolve around them). Do you think banning specific Mega Stones would be a good idea? I can see Pinsir, Heracross, Sableye, Mawile and Aerodactyl pretty much completely running the meta if their Megas are legal, and I don’t want people to miss out on underrepresented single-stage Megas like Audino, Absol and Glalie. Either way, you definitely have my support with this meta, and I really hope to see it actually become an OM—I’m certainly going to be playing it if it is.

For Stand Alone, I actually think quickbanning all legendaries is a bad idea. The obviously broken ones are already banned from OU, and some like Articuno and Regigiggas don't sound that bad. I'd say keep an eye on some of the higher tier legendaries lik Kyurem Black and the Tapus when the meta comes out, and ban the ones that actually end up being broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)