Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Ban either Snorlax or the pinch healing berries. Gluttony means that it's actually impossible for Snorlax to drop below 50% HP, meaning that Pokemon that do not do more than 50% to Snorlax cannot kill it.

Berry Juice and Oran Berry, despite their usually mediocre nature, are similarly a potential problem. We know from Harvest that a Pokemon can consume a berry more than once per turn, so functionally both Oran Berry and Berry Juice would always heal a Pokemon to 50% HP whenever they drop below 50%. It's weaker than Sitrus and pinch berries since it won't heal Pokemon (much) further than 50%, but it's still problematic.
Pinch berries have already been banned, but oran and juice are to be looked at. While I don't think instant healing to 50% is OP (Toxic, burn or just SE damage) this could be a problem for lesser prepared teams. However, I do not think banning something because inexperienced players will struggle with it is the right course of action. Plus, literally every team will have a knock off user too.

Role Reversal: All consumable items can now be used infinitely, and all abilities that can pop more than once a game are limited to a single use.
Example: Power herb fly on landorus therian is now spammable, but intimidate will only work once.
-Kyurem-Black: Gets extremely powerful physical Ice STAB with Power Herb. Even though Knock Off is going to be everywhere in this meta, I'm still leaning towards the traditional ban Kyurem-Black receives whenever a physical Ice move is available to it.
-Victini: With White Herb, V-Create no longer has any drawbacks.
-Cloyster: Similarly to Victini, Cloyster can use White Herb to prevent the negative effects of Shell Smash.
-Slaking: As I'm pretty sure Truant activates more than once, Slaking becomes a massive threat due to only missing out on one turn.
-Dedenne: Cheek Pouch lets it heal every time its berry activates. Though its defenses are terrible, it can restore HP after being hit by any physical attack if it holds the Kee Berry (and gets +1 Defense to boot), or by a special attack if it holds the Maranga Berry (with +1 Sp. Def as well). Despite this, I don't think Dedenne deserves a ban; it's really bad and needs all the help it can get.
-Unfezant: Power Herb lets it spam Sky Attack, which has a high critical-hit chance. Combined with Super Luck, it has a 50% chance to land a critical hit.
-Shedinja: Sturdinja returns, with Wonder Guard to boot (but only once). Though it's annihilated by any passive damage, Shedinja with a Focus Sash can't be beaten by direct damage unless the Focus Sash is knocked off. This gives it a niche as a blanket check to hyper offense, which generally relies almost entirely on attacks.
-Gems: If they're unbanned, Gems will give a Life Orb boost to any move of the same type, which can be a good option on things that tend to carry type-boosting items (like Bisharp and Tapu Koko).
-Magnezone: Holding an Air Balloon, it effectively gains Levitate, giving it a positive matchup against Ground-types—things like Lando-T, Garchomp, Mamoswine and Excadrill can no longer do significant damage to it, and it traps Excadrill to boot.
-Red Card: Anything that hits the holder switches out, all the time. It's not overpowered, but it's pretty good on bulky Pokémon, and it's also hilarious.
-Eject Button: Whenever the holder is hit, it switches out, all the time. This one might be overpowered, because if the holder has Regenerator they heal 1/3 of their HP every time they're hit unless they're the only thing on the field. We'll have to test it out first.
-Weakness Policy: This speaks for itself.
-Kee Berry and Maranga Berry: Put one of these on a bulky Pokémon and watch it get bulkier and bulkier over time. Kee Berry gives +1 Defense every time the holder is hit with a physical move, which something like Chansey might actually appreciate more than Eviolite. Maranga Berry is the Kee Berry's special counterpart, essentially giving the holder an Assault Vest after they're hit once and even more boosts after that. It's a lot like Stamina, but better.
-Knock Off: You know that huge list of threats I just made? Knock Off eliminates every single one except Slaking.
-Hoopa-U: Start it off without an item, then steal your opponent's with Magician.
Cell Battery: An effective immunity to electric plus an attack raise makes this very good for flying types.
Absorb Bulb: Oh yeah, you can have storm drain now, too!
Bans: Sitrus berry, Super sitrus berries, lum berry, chesto berry
Unbans: Pheromosa for the simple reason that lando will not be as prevalent, and beast boost is not as good
NOTE: Z- moves and mega stones do not change. Regenerator doesn't pop, so it still works the same.
Nerfs: -Hawlucha: Since it's nigh impossible to activate Unburden in this meta, Hawlucha loses the one thing keeping it relevant.
-Azumarill: Sitrus Berry is unavailable, so Belly Drum is a lot riskier.
-Ground-types: Air Balloon can effectively give anything Levitate, so Ground-types and Ground coverage are significantly less reliable.
-Shuca Berry: Completely outclassed by Air Balloon.
-Moxie/ Beast Boost: Only activating once is a huge nerf.
The tapus are now severely weaker, with only one terrain being able to go up. Same with weather setting mons.
Landorus Therian: Lando struggles with ground being an ineffective STAB option, and intimidate being very bad. On the plus side, it has a reliable STAB flying option in fly now, so that's something. Overall, it's just not nearly as good as it is in OU. Expect to see a big drop off in usage.
Example Set:

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage / Hone Claws / Roost
Hope you consider this idea!

EDIT: Gems are unbanned as well!

I submitted this idea a couple weeks back, so I'd like to bring it up again so maybe one of the mods responds :( This was the version I submitted, but it can still be tweaked. This is also for ESN 64 's idea.
Occa berry ferrothorn/scizor will be very very strong.

Role Reversal: All consumable items can now be used infinitely, and all abilities that can pop more than once a game are limited to a single use.
Example: Power herb fly on landorus therian is now spammable, but intimidate will only work once.
-Kyurem-Black: Gets extremely powerful physical Ice STAB with Power Herb. Even though Knock Off is going to be everywhere in this meta, I'm still leaning towards the traditional ban Kyurem-Black receives whenever a physical Ice move is available to it.
-Victini: With White Herb, V-Create no longer has any drawbacks.
-Cloyster: Similarly to Victini, Cloyster can use White Herb to prevent the negative effects of Shell Smash.
-Slaking: As I'm pretty sure Truant activates more than once, Slaking becomes a massive threat due to only missing out on one turn.
-Dedenne: Cheek Pouch lets it heal every time its berry activates. Though its defenses are terrible, it can restore HP after being hit by any physical attack if it holds the Kee Berry (and gets +1 Defense to boot), or by a special attack if it holds the Maranga Berry (with +1 Sp. Def as well). Despite this, I don't think Dedenne deserves a ban; it's really bad and needs all the help it can get.
-Unfezant: Power Herb lets it spam Sky Attack, which has a high critical-hit chance. Combined with Super Luck, it has a 50% chance to land a critical hit.
-Shedinja: Sturdinja returns, with Wonder Guard to boot (but only once). Though it's annihilated by any passive damage, Shedinja with a Focus Sash can't be beaten by direct damage unless the Focus Sash is knocked off. This gives it a niche as a blanket check to hyper offense, which generally relies almost entirely on attacks.
-Gems: If they're unbanned, Gems will give a Life Orb boost to any move of the same type, which can be a good option on things that tend to carry type-boosting items (like Bisharp and Tapu Koko).
-Magnezone: Holding an Air Balloon, it effectively gains Levitate, giving it a positive matchup against Ground-types—things like Lando-T, Garchomp, Mamoswine and Excadrill can no longer do significant damage to it, and it traps Excadrill to boot.
-Red Card: Anything that hits the holder switches out, all the time. It's not overpowered, but it's pretty good on bulky Pokémon, and it's also hilarious.
-Eject Button: Whenever the holder is hit, it switches out, all the time. This one might be overpowered, because if the holder has Regenerator they heal 1/3 of their HP every time they're hit unless they're the only thing on the field. We'll have to test it out first.
-Weakness Policy: This speaks for itself.
-Kee Berry and Maranga Berry: Put one of these on a bulky Pokémon and watch it get bulkier and bulkier over time. Kee Berry gives +1 Defense every time the holder is hit with a physical move, which something like Chansey might actually appreciate more than Eviolite. Maranga Berry is the Kee Berry's special counterpart, essentially giving the holder an Assault Vest after they're hit once and even more boosts after that. It's a lot like Stamina, but better.
-Knock Off: You know that huge list of threats I just made? Knock Off eliminates every single one except Slaking.
-Hoopa-U: Start it off without an item, then steal your opponent's with Magician.
Cell Battery: An effective immunity to electric plus an attack raise makes this very good for flying types.
Absorb Bulb: Oh yeah, you can have storm drain now, too!
Bans: Sitrus berry, Super sitrus berries, lum berry, chesto berry
Unbans: Pheromosa for the simple reason that lando will not be as prevalent, and beast boost is not as good
NOTE: Z- moves and mega stones do not change. Regenerator doesn't pop, so it still works the same.
Nerfs: -Hawlucha: Since it's nigh impossible to activate Unburden in this meta, Hawlucha loses the one thing keeping it relevant.
-Azumarill: Sitrus Berry is unavailable, so Belly Drum is a lot riskier.
-Ground-types: Air Balloon can effectively give anything Levitate, so Ground-types and Ground coverage are significantly less reliable.
-Shuca Berry: Completely outclassed by Air Balloon.
-Moxie/ Beast Boost: Only activating once is a huge nerf.
The tapus are now severely weaker, with only one terrain being able to go up. Same with weather setting mons.
Landorus Therian: Lando struggles with ground being an ineffective STAB option, and intimidate being very bad. On the plus side, it has a reliable STAB flying option in fly now, so that's something. Overall, it's just not nearly as good as it is in OU. Expect to see a big drop off in usage.
Example Set:

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage / Hone Claws / Roost
Hope you consider this idea!

EDIT: Gems are unbanned as well!

I submitted this idea a couple weeks back, so I'd like to bring it up again so maybe one of the mods responds :( This was the version I submitted, but it can still be tweaked. This is also for ESN 64 's idea.
some one suggested it like a page ago right?

Isn’t there already a Meta that exists that is basically like this, but instead of infinitely consumable one-time use items, they just come back at the end of the turn?

Isn’t there already a Meta that exists that is basically like this, but instead of infinitely consumable one-time use items, they just come back at the end of the turn?
Wait. I think I remember that. It was based on the ability Harvest. If it's the one I'm thinking of

Hello, i wanted to revive an idea that had a lot of following a while ago and how could we revise it, so here it goes

Plate Shuffle!

Have you ever wanted to use a mon that had decent defensive stats but couldn't pull it off due to bad typing? Wanted to use ur favourite offensive mon but had it suffer from a terrible movepool? Well all these problems disappear when you play Plate Shuffle!

Metagame premise: An OU based meta game where a pokemons secondary typing changes to the plate typing the pokemon is holding, while also getting access to only one move of that type, and you can change the pokemons primary type according to the memory its holding while getting one moves from that type too!

Example:

Arcanine @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

By holding a ground plate, arcanine now gets an additional ground typing with access to earthquake, it now can work as a great intimidator that's neutral to rocks and ice

This also works for offensive threats obviously! Mons can now get better coverage and typing with good plate typing a such as ground/fire/fighting and ghost plates

Gengar @ Fist Plate
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt / Will-o-Wisp
- Hex

Hydreigon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

Azumarill @ Dark Memory
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Liquidation

Dhelmise @ Iron Plate
Ability: Steelworker
Adamant Nature
- Kings Shield
- Anchor Shot
- Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin / Morning Sun

FAQ
Can my plate get knock off-ed or tricked?
No it cant as it ruins point of the meta lol. Goodbye knock off spam

Do plates give boosts? Why doesnt memories give power boost?
For sake of balancing both memories and plates, neither will give a power boost

How do i know my opponents typing? Unfair if i hjk a blissey and turns out shes immune
No worries, it should work like MnM and camomons where changed typings are shown

Isnt this meta just a mashup/spinoff of many combined metas?
If you consider typemons to be a stabmons spinoff or hidden type to be based off camonons then yea probably

Potential bans and threats:
Moves
: quiver dance, v-create, tail glow, shift gear, thousand arrows..etc (probably similar to stabmons list)
Pokemon: other than obvious shedinja, I'm not sure yet
Tapu Koko, Lele and blacephalon are likely candidates with access to new coverage moves like blue flare/earth power and seed flare now, Kartana and Kyu-b are also on the watchlist for obvious reasons

Questions for the community:
  • Does this meta sound fun?
  • Should i make the plates switch the pokemons primary typing if shiny or should i keep it as it is?
  • Any things stand out as broken?
  • Is one new move enough? Or do pokemon need two
Of course if u have any critisicm, feedback, questions or even sets feel free to comment, thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
A possible suggestion both to differentiate from the other "add a move" metagames like stabmons and to help keep pokemon diversity up is to instead give every pokemon access to Judgement and Multi Attack along with making plates change Multi Attack's type. Essentially it means that every Pokemon still has access to a new STAB move regardless, but you don't need to worry about broken move+mon pairings as much (alongside the obvious setup and status moves, there's also some ability+move stuff that could be problematic), as well as making each Pokemon's native movepool still important for their usability.

It definitely seems like a fun meta though.

A possible suggestion both to differentiate from the other "add a move" metagames like stabmons and to help keep pokemon diversity up is to instead give every pokemon access to Judgement and Multi Attack along with making plates change Multi Attack's type. Essentially it means that every Pokemon still has access to a new STAB move regardless, but you don't need to worry about broken move+mon pairings as much (alongside the obvious setup and status moves, there's also some ability+move stuff that could be problematic), as well as making each Pokemon's native movepool still important for their usability.

It definitely seems like a fun meta though.
I really like that idea, very simple and reduces the moves that need to be banned, although loss of status moves will be missed

Hello, i wanted to revive an idea that had a lot of following a while ago and how could we revise it, so here it goes

Plate Shuffle!

Have you ever wanted to use a mon that had decent defensive stats but couldn't pull it off due to bad typing? Wanted to use ur favourite offensive mon but had it suffer from a terrible movepool? Well all these problems disappear when you play Plate Shuffle!

Metagame premise: An OU based meta game where a pokemons secondary typing changes to the plate typing the pokemon is holding, while also getting access to only one move of that type, and you can change the pokemons primary type according to the memory its holding while getting one moves from that type too!

Example:

Arcanine @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

By holding a ground plate, arcanine now gets an additional ground typing with access to earthquake, it now can work as a great intimidator that's neutral to rocks and ice

This also works for offensive threats obviously! Mons can now get better coverage and typing with good plate typing a such as ground/fire/fighting and ghost plates

Gengar @ Fist Plate
Adamant Nature
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt / Will-o-Wisp
- Hex

Hydreigon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Levitate
Serious Nature
- Moonblast
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

Azumarill @ Dark Memory
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Liquidation

Dhelmise @ Iron Plate
Ability: Steelworker
Adamant Nature
- Kings Shield
- Anchor Shot
- Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin / Morning Sun

FAQ
Can my plate get knock off-ed or tricked?
No it cant as it ruins point of the meta lol. Goodbye knock off spam

Do plates give boosts? Why doesnt memories give power boost?
For sake of balancing both memories and plates, neither will give a power boost

How do i know my opponents typing? Unfair if i hjk a blissey and turns out shes immune
No worries, it should work like MnM and camomons where changed typings are shown

Isnt this meta just a mashup/spinoff of many combined metas?
If you consider typemons to be a stabmons spinoff or hidden type to be based off camonons then yea probably

Potential bans and threats:
Moves
: quiver dance, v-create, tail glow, shift gear, thousand arrows..etc (probably similar to stabmons list)
Pokemon: other than obvious shedinja, I'm not sure yet
Tapu Koko, Lele and blacephalon are likely candidates with access to new coverage moves like blue flare/earth power and seed flare now, Kartana and Kyu-b are also on the watchlist for obvious reasons

• Should i make the plates switch the pokemons primary typing if shiny or should i keep it as it is?
Of course if u have any critisicm, feedback, questions or even sets feel free to comment, thanks for reading!
How about not having the stab move learning that way its more creative, in my opinion I think it would allow for more creative and more things being viable if you had to already had to have that move although it would bring it closer to camomons/hidden power meta (forgot the name)
but it would meta the more interesting

Hey flame plate v create malamar says hi (or serpior or who ever wants to be bulkier and faster and has contrary)
hey look that bug plate sure is appealing to any mono type that is special
what about that steel plate looking good to any physical attackers period
and of coarse tarrows

Last edited:
How about not having the stab move learning that way its more creative, in my opinion I think it would allow for more creative and more things being viable if you had to already had to have that move although it would bring it closer to camomons/hidden power meta (forgot the name)
but it would meta the more interesting

Hey flame plate v create malamar says hi (or serpior or who ever wants to be bulkier and faster and has contrary)
hey look that bug plate sure is appealing to any mono type that is special
what about that steel plate looking good to any physical attackers period
and of coarse tarrows
That sounds way too similar to Sketchmons.

TypeShift
Premise: Pokemons move typing gets shifted over one.

Example 1:
[Base]Noivern
-Hurricane [Flying]
-Boomburst [Normal]
-Focusblast [Fighting]
-DracoMeteor [Dragon]

[TypeShift]Noivern
-Hurricane [Dragon]
-Boomburst [Flying]
-Focusblast [Normal]
-DracoMeteor [Fighting]

[Base]Tapu Koko
-Bravebird[Flying]
-Natures Madness[Fairy]
-Return[Normal]
-Volt Switch[Electric]

[TypeShift]Tapu Koko
-Bravebird[Electric]
-Natures Madness[Flying]
-Return[Fairy]
-Volt Switch[Normal]

[Base]Kyurem-Black
- Freeze Shock[Ice]
- Fusion Bolt[Electric]
- Return[Normal]
- Dragon Claw[Dragon]

[TypeShift]Kyurem-Black
- Freeze Shock[Dragon]
- Fusion Bolt[Ice]
- Return[Electric]
- Dragon Claw[Normal]

Possible Bans: None so far
Psychic Vcreate paired with tapu Lele
Charizard Y with fire type solar beam
weavile with ice type fake out and return
stab extreme speed users

Questions:
Is this idea different too similar to other metas?
Does this change up gameplay enough?
Is anything obviously broken?
Has this been done before?

TypeShift

Example 1:
[Base]Noivern
-Hurricane [Flying]
-Boomburst [Normal]
-Focusblast [Fighting]
-DracoMeteor [Dragon]

[TypeShift]Noivern
-Hurricane [Dragon]
-Boomburst [Flying]
-Focusblast [Normal]
-DracoMeteor [Fighting]

[Base]Tapu Koko
-Bravebird[Flying]
-Natures Madness[Fairy]
-Return[Normal]
-Volt Switch[Electric]

[TypeShift]Tapu Koko
-Bravebird[Electric]
-Natures Madness[Flying]
-Return[Fairy]
-Volt Switch[Normal]

[Base]Kyurem-Black
- Freeze Shock[Ice]
- Fusion Bolt[Electric]
- Return[Normal]
- Dragon Claw[Dragon]

[TypeShift]Kyurem-Black
- Freeze Shock[Dragon]
- Fusion Bolt[Ice]
- Return[Electric]
- Dragon Claw[Normal]

stab extreme speed users

Questions:
How is Hidden Power supposed to interact with this?
also

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
Ground/Ice coverage is really good, being only resisted by a type that's on mons that will never become relevant.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 68 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Facade
Yes it's ripped right from it's OU analysis, but the set is great for this meta.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Curse
- U-turn
Have you ever waned dual STAB priority? well here it is in all it's glory.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Megahorn
Just moving the useless Bug-Type onto a move where they type doesn't matter.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Discharge
- Roost
Have you ever wanted to run Zapdos with it's flying STAB? well here you go.

That's all I can think of for now.

TypeShift

Example 1:
[Base]Noivern
-Hurricane [Flying]
-Boomburst [Normal]
-Focusblast [Fighting]
-DracoMeteor [Dragon]

[TypeShift]Noivern
-Hurricane [Dragon]
-Boomburst [Flying]
-Focusblast [Normal]
-DracoMeteor [Fighting]

[Base]Tapu Koko
-Bravebird[Flying]
-Natures Madness[Fairy]
-Return[Normal]
-Volt Switch[Electric]

[TypeShift]Tapu Koko
-Bravebird[Electric]
-Natures Madness[Flying]
-Return[Fairy]
-Volt Switch[Normal]

[Base]Kyurem-Black
- Freeze Shock[Ice]
- Fusion Bolt[Electric]
- Return[Normal]
- Dragon Claw[Dragon]

[TypeShift]Kyurem-Black
- Freeze Shock[Dragon]
- Fusion Bolt[Ice]
- Return[Electric]
- Dragon Claw[Normal]

stab extreme speed users

Questions:
Edit: misunderstood lol nvm

Its interesting idea, i dont think its done before

Wow, this looks hella fun.
As for the shiny issue, just make to where if shiny, it will replace the primary type instead of the secondary.
Yes. Kyu-B and Kartana. Don't even question it. Just ban it. Actually nvm. I just remembered Sketchmons hasn't banned Kyu-B. Maybe a suspect is fine.
One move is enough. I don't think you would need more.

How is Hidden Power supposed to interact with this?
also

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
Ground/Ice coverage is really good, being only resisted by a type that's on mons that will never become relevant.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 68 SpD / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Facade
Yes it's ripped right from it's OU analysis, but the set is great for this meta.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Curse
- U-turn
Have you ever waned dual STAB priority? well here it is in all it's glory.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Megahorn
Just moving the useless Bug-Type onto a move where they type doesn't matter.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Discharge
- Roost
Have you ever wanted to run Zapdos with it's flying STAB? well here you go.

That's all I can think of for now.
Hidden power is a normal type it just has the type effectiveness of other types so it would just give normal type

I think kartana got much stronger with a grass/steel knock off

mawhile has stab knock off now

if you wanted to paralyze a ground type with thunder wave now you can turn it into another type and in return you get an electric move to boot

Last edited:

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
So I've got a pretty interesting concept I wanted to run by...
Second Chance

When A pokemon faints, they are auto switched out and are registered as "Knocked out". Knocked out pokemon can be "revived" Once one person's entire team has been Knocked Out. These pokemon are then able to be used again by said player, but they are revived with 30% HP and the ability to only use one move. All statuses/stat buffs/stat lowers are erased.

Just wanted to know if this sounds interesting enough to play. Just came up with it so I don't have some long thing for it, but if u guys like it I'll definitely add more.

So I've got a pretty interesting concept I wanted to run by...
Second Chance

When A pokemon faints, they are auto switched out and are registered as "Knocked out". Knocked out pokemon can be "revived" Once one person's entire team has been Knocked Out. These pokemon are then able to be used again by said player, but they are revived with 30% HP and the ability to only use one move. All statuses/stat buffs/stat lowers are erased.

Just wanted to know if this sounds interesting enough to play. Just came up with it so I don't have some long thing for it, but if u guys like it I'll definitely add more.
Sounds like sweepers got even stronger cause they can completely throw the idea of the meta out the window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)