Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Mascot Teams:

Skill Link:
Cinccino @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Seed
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Blast

Not a perfect mon itself, but it donates its ability and moves to some ridiculous abusers.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Knock Off
- Drill Run
- Fell Stinger

Beedril now has two really strong stabs, and full coverage. Rock Blast, Drill Run, and Knock Off helps with a ton of resistances. Fell Stinger is p much a free move, but if you get it off it could be gg.

Zygarde @ Aguav Berry / Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Coil / Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Simple double-dance set, helps the team with its Fire weakness and gives a good Electric check. Bullet Seed and Gunk Shot gets rid of a lot of Zygarde’s checks and counters, and the Z move set really brings the heat.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Defog

Scarf kart has an even better grass STAB, and access to U-Turn if needed! Rock Blast also helps get rid of Zapdos, and hits decently on Cele.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Just a fast lead. Rock Blast helps make it a threat as well.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Grassy Terrian helps most of the team out, and the coverage Cincino provides really makes it strong. Good EQ resist also
Belly Drum Spam
Fodder (Linoone) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Return
- Gunk Shot

Linoon gives the great combo of Gluttony + Belly Drum + Extreme Speed. This would be broken an almost any mon, but Linoon is both too frail and weak for it to work in OU. Really, it's just fodder most of the time I'm sure, but it makes for huge abuse later. It's movepool choice helps with everything else on the team.

Snorlax @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Recycle

Snorlax does Linoon's job so much better. It also has Fire/Ice/Ground coverage, making it hit everything once it gets a BD off. Recycle can recover, and Espeed everything else. It even keeps Thick Fat!

Pangoro @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Substitute

Pangoro has Mold Breaker and a nice defensive typing versus stall, and this mon is meant to be the stall breaker. Espeed + BP for priority, and Sub to dodge burns and toxics.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Pinsir may not get a BD off because no berry, but with Flying/Ground/Rock/Fighting coverage, you hit almost everything for neutral or super effective. SD is there becuase it may still be worth going for it when BD is out of the question.

Tapu Bulu @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Bulu adds some nice resistance and special bulk to the team, but may also be one of the easiest to get of BD users. It has fine coverage, and might even want to go for it more than once pergame.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Defog

Lando is just a variant of lead lando, but is flexible enough to do a lot if needed.

Contrary

Lurantis @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Superpower
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Again, a bad mon (so bad it has a status move with assvest lol). Just trying to maximize its use, and an assvest would work better that leftovers i would say. It wasn't using that 4th move anyways I'm sure lol.

This thing gives:
- Super Power (fighting coverage, attack and defense buffing)
- Leaf Storm (high bp grass coverage, doubles special attack)
- Knock Off (just good dark attack)
- Synthesis (weather based but still reliable recovery)

man is this abusable...

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Stored Power

Vic is the true star of the show. Essentially, it boosts speed and both defenses with V Create, and can even recover health with Synth and dodge status with Sub. Then, both Super Power and Leaf Storm can raise both attacking stats, and Stored Power really just sweeps. Even then, V Create and Super Power are really powerful alternatives, and even Bolt Strike hits hard Immediately. It be hard to break this thing.

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Taunt

Just another Super Power abuser. Taunt helps against stall and phasers.

Latios (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Mega Latios is both bulky and strong, and able to set up on both sides as well. Draco and Leaf Storm are threatening, but even Super Power and EQ help get rid of traditional Latios checks.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Again just lead lando cause why not, it works great for getting rocks and keeping up momentum.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch

Maybe not the best scarf, as a fighting type or grass type might be better, but the great coverage and huge attacking stats on both can be scary.

I’ll edit this post with more possible teams and suggestions!

Last edited:

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Mascots
In sports, teams use mascots to rally the team and make the team more interesting. The Patriots have a bunch of militiamen shoot after every score, in addition to pat patriot. The Lions don't have an actual lion and are named after an overhyped, endangered cat. So clearly, mascots are important to team success, and I want to bring this important symbol of every sports team into Pokémon.

Metagame premise: the mon in the first slot (the mascot) in the teambuilder gives its ability and all 4 of its moves to all of the other mons on the team in an ou based meta. Thus giving every mon but the mascot 8 moves and the mascot only 4.

Possible Bans and threats: (all of these apply only to the mascot) unburden, speed boost, surge surfer, the speed boosting weather abilities, huge/ pure power, water bubble, smeargle, regenerator, protean, shell smash, defog, and rapid spin (6 hazard removers is just unfair) are the things that should immediately and definitely be banned. Things that are more open for discussion of banning are: intimidate, multiscale, magic bounce, contrary and unaware.

some potentially threatening mascots include: pelipper, magearna (shift gear), lele, mega-pinsir, beast booster of choice, dhelmise, and a hell of a lot more threats that others more creative than me can think of.

Questions for the Community:
Can anyone think of a cooler/ more informative name? (I like it but I believe it could be better)
Can it be coded correctly? (I know 8 moves is possible because of PIC, but I don't know about a combo of 4 and 8 depending on the mon, but it could possibly be worked around by simply doubling up the mascots moves)
Enormous threats:

-Shedinja: This is self-explanatory. As a mascot, it gives everything Wonder Guard. As a teammate, it retains Wonder Guard while having the possibility to gain Sturdy or Magic Guard. Either one is way, way too strong, and Shedinja should be banned immediately.
-Kyurem-Black: Gets access to physical Ice moves. Ban.
-Kartana: With Dhelmise, it gets Steelworker to boost its Steel moves and access to Anchor Shot, making up for the relative weakness of its Steel STAB; it also gets access to Power Whip. No matter the mascot, Kartana is also cured of its severe 4MSS, and could inherit something like Dragon Dance or Flame Charge instead of relying on Scarf. Leaning towards ban.
-Shift Gear and Quiver Dance for mascots: No. None of that. Shame on you. Ban.
-Zoroark as a mascot: The entire team getting Illusion? Absolutely not. Ban.
-Transform and Imposter for mascots: Just grab Chansey, Blissey, Guzzlord, Wobbuffet, Wailord and Ditto, and you've suddenly got a better version of your opponent's team. It's completely braindead. Ban.
-Electrify: An odd topic to discuss, but do you really want to go up against Mega Sceptile and Zeraora that are immune to everything? Although considering that Heliolisk isn't that good, this might be able to stay. Definitely consider suspecting it if people complain, though.
-Regigigas: It's still hampered by Slow Start, but now it can inherit things like Protect to stall out those five turns, and its 4MSS is cured as well, meaning it can run Substitute, Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray, inherit Protect, and still be able to run four attacks. Considering that using Regigigas like this requires building a team around it, I still think that Regigigas should stay, but it's going to be way more threatening than in standard play.
-Slaking: Unlike Regigigas, there's no way Slaking could get around Truant. The closest it can come is gaining Skill Swap or something, and besides the fact that I don't know how or even if that will work in this meta, it's not really an ideal use of your time, so Slaking is still bad.
-Archeops: Not as good as Regigigas, but not as bad as Slaking. It can sort of mitigate the Defeatist thing with, say, Harvest and a Berry, but it's still super frail and can't really do much special. I'd say keep it, unless it turns out to be too good.
-Fur Coat/Fluffy for mascots: These are less broken than Huge/Pure Power, so I'd say that you should probably leave them be for now, but definitely be open to a suspect test at some point.
-Multiscale: Considering that you've banned Defog and Rapid Spin on mascots, hazards aren't exactly going anywhere, and they're the best thing in the world at breaking Multiscale, so I doubt Multiscale is going to be problematic.
-Serene Grace for mascots: If you have a Serene Grace Pokémon as a mascot, Beat Up Weavile with King's Rock/Razor Fang (yes, they do work with Serene Grace) is going to be a menace, and that's before the fact that you have five other flinching haxmons alongside it. I wouldn't say ban just yet—we should wait to see how things play out.
-Skill Link for mascots: Ever wanted to run both Skill Link and Technician on Cinccino or Ambipom? No? Well, that's a shame, because now you can do exactly that! Also, Pin Missile becomes the best physical Bug move (outside of the obvious usefulness of U-Turn). Not broken enough to ban though, in my eyes at least.
-Prankster for mascots: If you play this right, it can be very, very annoying, but your team will struggle against Dark-types.
-Wingull: Nah, just kidding. LC is just desperate for something to suspect.

Enormous threats:

-Shedinja: This is self-explanatory. As a mascot, it gives everything Wonder Guard. As a teammate, it retains Wonder Guard while having the possibility to gain Sturdy or Magic Guard. Either one is way, way too strong, and Shedinja should be banned immediately.
-Kyurem-Black: Gets access to physical Ice moves. Ban.
-Kartana: With Dhelmise, it gets Steelworker to boost its Steel moves and access to Anchor Shot, making up for the relative weakness of its Steel STAB; it also gets access to Power Whip. No matter the mascot, Kartana is also cured of its severe 4MSS, and could inherit something like Dragon Dance or Flame Charge instead of relying on Scarf. Leaning towards ban.
-Shift Gear and Quiver Dance for mascots: No. None of that. Shame on you. Ban.
-Zoroark as a mascot: The entire team getting Illusion? Absolutely not. Ban.
-Transform and Imposter for mascots: Just grab Chansey, Blissey, Guzzlord, Wobbuffet, Wailord and Ditto, and you've suddenly got a better version of your opponent's team. It's completely braindead. Ban.
-Electrify: An odd topic to discuss, but do you really want to go up against Mega Sceptile and Zeraora that are immune to everything? Although considering that Heliolisk isn't that good, this might be able to stay. Definitely consider suspecting it if people complain, though.
-Regigigas: It's still hampered by Slow Start, but now it can inherit things like Protect to stall out those five turns, and its 4MSS is cured as well, meaning it can run Substitute, Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray, inherit Protect, and still be able to run four attacks. Considering that using Regigigas like this requires building a team around it, I still think that Regigigas should stay, but it's going to be way more threatening than in standard play.
-Slaking: Unlike Regigigas, there's no way Slaking could get around Truant. The closest it can come is gaining Skill Swap or something, and besides the fact that I don't know how or even if that will work in this meta, it's not really an ideal use of your time, so Slaking is still bad.
-Archeops: Not as good as Regigigas, but not as bad as Slaking. It can sort of mitigate the Defeatist thing with, say, Harvest and a Berry, but it's still super frail and can't really do much special. I'd say keep it, unless it turns out to be too good.
-Fur Coat/Fluffy for mascots: These are less broken than Huge/Pure Power, so I'd say that you should probably leave them be for now, but definitely be open to a suspect test at some point.
-Multiscale: Considering that you've banned Defog and Rapid Spin on mascots, hazards aren't exactly going anywhere, and they're the best thing in the world at breaking Multiscale, so I doubt Multiscale is going to be problematic.
-Serene Grace for mascots: If you have a Serene Grace Pokémon as a mascot, Beat Up Weavile with King's Rock/Razor Fang (yes, they do work with Serene Grace) is going to be a menace, and that's before the fact that you have five other flinching haxmons alongside it. I wouldn't say ban just yet—we should wait to see how things play out.
-Skill Link for mascots: Ever wanted to run both Skill Link and Technician on Cinccino or Ambipom? No? Well, that's a shame, because now you can do exactly that! Also, Pin Missile becomes the best physical Bug move (outside of the obvious usefulness of U-Turn). Not broken enough to ban though, in my eyes at least.
-Prankster for mascots: If you play this right, it can be very, very annoying, but your team will struggle against Dark-types.
-Wingull: Nah, just kidding. LC is just desperate for something to suspect.
Can't believe I forgot shed. Agree with zoroark and ditto. However, I disagree on kart (for now tho I can definitely see where your coming from) and absolutely disagree on the setup moves, they are a very important part of this meta. Also, I forgot this initially but fur coat and fluffy are def getting banned.

SECRET FORCE !!!

Metagame premise: Each team can have seven Pokémon in the party, but only six can be used in battles (as usual), the difference is that there will be a seventh Pokémon that will not appear in the team preview that can be placed in place of one of your Pokémon that appears in the team preview, greatly enhancing the strategies and even bluffs, increasing the strategic and fun of the metagame.

Potential bans and threats: Basically the rules and bans of each tier according to the Smogon.

SECRET FORCE !!!

Metagame premise: Each team can have seven Pokémon in the party, but only six can be used in battles (as usual), the difference is that there will be a seventh Pokémon that will not appear in the team preview that can be placed in place of one of your Pokémon that appears in the team preview, greatly enhancing the strategies and even bluffs, increasing the strategic and fun of the metagame.

Potential bans and threats: Basically the rules and bans of each tier according to the Smogon.
Zoroark would be very good in this meta, because your opponent would have no way of knowing it's there. In other words:

You can't see it. Its time is now!

Zoroark would be very good in this meta, because your opponent would have no way of knowing it's there. In other words:

You can't see it. Its time is now!
Zoroark will definitely be The Joker in this metagame, but I predict that Ditto may be one of the most commonly used "secret forces".

AG will be pretty fun with that including.

An idea I got while walking to my house from school, and I think would be cool:
Symbiomons
Metagame Premise:

In this meta, you can put mons in the item slot of other mons to give the latter new stats. In this case, their stats would be the average of their combined stats, and the typing depends if the "base mon" is shiny or not.
The following formula determines the resulting mon's stats:
New base = (Base mon Stat + Symbiote Stat) / 2
Typing Formula: (If normal) Host primary type + Symbiote primary type. If shiny: the secondary types are used instead.
Now with a way to boost their stats, weaker mons find a spot on teams that normally they couldn't, with the correct sets.
Clefable @ Ferrothorn
Ability: Cute Charm/Magic Guard, Unaware
HP: 84
Atk: 82
Def: 102
SpA: 74
SpD: 103
Spe: 40
BST: 485
Typing: Fairy/Steel or Fairy/Grass

Landorus-T @ Ferrothorn
HP: 81
Atk: 119
Def: 110
SpA: 79
SpD: 98
Spe: 55
BST: 542
Typing: Ground/Steel or Flying/Grass

Diggersby @ Kartana
Ability: Pickup/Cheek Pouch, Huge Power
HP: 72
Atk: 118
Def: 104
SpA: 54
SpD: 54
Spe: 93
BST: 495
Typing: Normal/Grass or Ground/Steel

Mimikyu @ Zeraora
Ability: Disguise
HP: 71
Atk: 101
Def: 77
SpA: 76
SpD: 92
Spe: 119
BST: 536
Typing: Ghost/Electric or Fairy/Electric

Rotom-Wash @ Regigigas
HP: 80
Atk: 112
Def: 108
SpA: 92
SpD: 108
Spe: 93
BST: 593
Typing: Electric/Normal or Water/Normal

Of course, this meta follows the OU clauses and some of its own:
Symbiote Species Clause: a single symbiote can only used by only one team member.
Uber Symbiote Clause: Pokémon that belong to the Uber tier cannot be used as Symbiotes.
Symbiote-Teamslot Clause: None of the pokémon on the team can share it's species with a symbiote that is being used by a teammate. This include alternative forms like Rotom and Oricorio.

Possible Bans or threats:
Regigigas/Slaking as symbiotes

Both mons provides both insane Atk. and bulk boost on almost you put them, with the only drawback being forcing the host to become part normal type, which can be problematic in some cases.
Blissey as symbiote
Again, provides an exponential boost on bulk to most mons, allowing them to become pretty damn fat. Again, forces t hero host to become part Normal, which has some really good defensive synergy with other types.
Shedinja as a host
Wonderguard is an amazing ability, which paried with typings like Ghost/Normal or Ghost/Dark that have little to none weaknesses, can transform the discarded shell into an almost unkillable wall that could force the meta to run specific attackers, Roar/Whirlwind or status just to break throug it.
Huge Power users as hosts
Huge Power, along anything that boost attack, is just enough to justify using Diggersby, Azumarill or vanilla Medicham. You can make it either a strong and kinda fast wallbreaker, or a more bulky one, forcing balance and stall to either using a bulky Ghost type for Diggers and Medi or rely on faster revenge killers (Also, Azumarill and Diggersby have STAB priority, too).

Now, some question for you, my dear reader:
What non-Uber pokémon deserves to be banned as either as a host and/or as a symbiote?
There is Uber Pokémon that deserves to be unbanned?
Is the type change mechanics alright, or should be changed?
Could be possible to symbiotes to pass their ability to their hosts?
I’ll be honest it’s not exactly too similar but I’d rather Frantic Fusions get a thread over this.

The following metagame is an enhancement of my previous idea (Secret Force), I would like to receive feedback from the friends who enjoyed the previous metagame (DrPumpkinz and alephgalactus) and everyone who makes this forum session:

PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE

Metagame premise: In addition to your party of six Pokémon (here called "headlines"), you may have four more Pokémon in the reserve (the reserve team must be linked to the headline team during Teambuilding), however, only six can be used in battles (as usual), the difference is that you can choose one (only one) of the four reserves to replace one of the six headlines ; the opponent will know who the four reserves are, but will not know which one you chose to fight, remembering that you are not required to choose any of them either.

Below is a demonstration screen:

SSCREEN#1.jpg

Your party: The top line with its six headlines and underneath the four reserves.

The opponent's party: The six headlines on the front row and the four reserves in the separate boxes at the top of the screen.

Mega Stone Clause: In addition to normal rules, here the Pokémon reserves will not be able to carry the Mega Stone, which should only be charged by a headline Pokémon.

The following metagame is an enhancement of my previous idea (Secret Force), I would like to receive feedback from the friends who enjoyed the previous metagame (DrPumpkinz and alephgalactus) and everyone who makes this forum session:

PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE

Metagame premise: In addition to your party of six Pokémon (here called "headlines"), you may have four more Pokémon in the reserve (the reserve team must be linked to the headline team during Teambuilding), however, only six can be used in battles (as usual), the difference is that you can choose one (only one) of the four reserves to replace one of the six headlines ; the opponent will know who the four reserves are, but will not know which one you chose to fight, remembering that you are not required to choose any of them either.

View attachment 146154

Your party: The top line with its six headlines and underneath the four reserves.

The opponent's party: The six headlines on the front row and the four reserves in the separate boxes at the top of the screen.

Mega Stone Clause: In addition to normal rules, here the Pokémon reserves will not be able to carry the Mega Stone, which should only be charged by a headline Pokémon.

So it's basically having 10 pokemon and you can only choose one from the set of 4. This seems worse than your original idea (Secret Force)

So it's basically having 10 pokemon and you can only choose one from the set of 4. This seems worse than your original idea (Secret Force)
Seriously?

I think so, the mental game starts strong soon in Team Preview, this for both sides.

The Secret Force principle remains the surprise factor, the opponent will not know which of the four you have chosen, or if you have actually chosen one of them (fighting only the six headlines without change), the same is true for you in relation to the opponent.

Seriously?

I think so, the mental game starts strong soon in Team Preview, this for both sides.

The Secret Force principle remains the surprise factor, the opponent will not know which of the four you have chosen, or if you have actually chosen one of them (fighting only the six headlines without change), the same is true for you in relation to the opponent.
It's basically bringing a team of 10 and only using 6, with some restrictions

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE

View attachment 146154

"The following are rejected metagame ideas: (if you have questions about why a metagame concept was denied, ask in the "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" thread)"

Commonly Submitted (or at least has multiple similar submissions)
  • Only 6 pokemon? PLEASE: You can use X (X = 6+n) Pokemon in your team.

"The following are rejected metagame ideas: (if you have questions about why a metagame concept was denied, ask in the "Simple Questions, Simple Answers" thread)"

Commonly Submitted (or at least has multiple similar submissions)
  • Only 6 pokemon? PLEASE: You can use X (X = 6+n) Pokemon in your team.
I'm sorry, but the concepts are completely different.

The two metagames I created (Secret Force and Professional League) use no more than six Pokémon per battle, and focus more on the strategic game in Team Preview.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I'm sorry, but the concepts are completely different.

The two metagames I created (Secret Force and Professional League) use no more than six Pokémon per battle, and focus more on the strategic game in Team Preview.
It specifically says using X mons in your team, which is essentially what you're doing. The reason why it's not allowed is likely because it is impossible to recreate it on cartridge, even with hacking.

Impostermons

Pretty simple premise, whenever you switch in on an opponent, you steal all its stats and abilitie, but keep your moves.
Potential bans and threats: ban smeargle, analyse z-moves

I know this was badly done, but I haven’t got much time, just tell me what you think as if it were a good post.

Impostermons

Pretty simple premise, whenever you switch in on an opponent, you steal all its stats and abilitie, but keep your moves.

I know this was badly done, but I haven’t got much time, just tell me what you think as if it were a good post.
In that case don't you want to run stuff like Slaking and Regigas? :thinking:

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Impostermons

Instead of stealing the opponent’s ability and stat changes, what if both active pokemon share abilities and stat changes.

That being said, this meta is still a bit reactionary, and nothing really to experiment with off the teambuilder. It’s not my kind of OM.

Mascot Teams:

Skill Link:

Belly Drum Spam

Contrary

I’ll edit this post with more possible teams and suggestions!
This post alerted me to a major issue. Obviously linoone is a broke mascot, but I am uncertain whether to ban just linoone or espeed in general from being mascots. Espeed has a few great mascots including: dragonite, togekiss, and arcanine. Each offer a very good ability in addition to espeed itself, but with my expectation of multiscale and toucannon (beak blast skill link bullet seed roost and boomburst/ overheat) bulky offense and balance teams to be highly effective, I am not throwing espeed in the banlist just yet.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
This post alerted me to a major issue. Obviously linoone is a broke mascot, but I am uncertain whether to ban just linoone or espeed in general from being mascots. Espeed has a few great mascots including: dragonite, togekiss, and arcanine. Each offer a very good ability in addition to espeed itself, but with my expectation of multiscale and toucannon (beak blast skill link bullet seed roost and boomburst/ overheat) bulky offense and balance teams to be highly effective, I am not throwing espeed in the banlist just yet.
If you ban Linoone then you gotta ban Zig as well lol. I think just banning Espeed as a move for Mascots would help you in the long run. Espeed Mega Pinsir will always be a killer, and because it's such a good priority move, pretty much every mon can be in a position where its useful.

Also, Unaware would be nasty. Imagine Quag passing Recover/Toxic/Scald/Encore to a stall team. Hell, Chansey could run Serene Grace for those Scald burns! Unaware just sounds like a bitch is all.

TR teams can make every mon in the team have TR, which is good. Add an ability like Soul Heart / Beast Boost and there's some snowballing potential.
Here's a Beast Boost physical Stakakta team. Looks real nasty, and can pobs be improved further.
Stakataka @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Victini @ Electrium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Power-Up Punch
- Taunt

Uxie @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Memento

Last edited:
If you ban Linoone then you gotta ban Zig as well lol. I think just banning Espeed as a move for Mascots would help you in the long run. Espeed Mega Pinsir will always be a killer, and because it's such a good priority move, pretty much every mon can be in a position where its useful.

Also, Unaware would be nasty. Imagine Quag passing Recover/Toxic/Scald/Encore to a stall team. Hell, Chansey could run Serene Grace for those Scald burns! Unaware just sounds like a bitch is all.

TR teams can make every mon in the team have TR, which is good. Add an ability like Soul Heart / Beast Boost and there's some snowballing potential.
Here's a Beast Boost physical Stakakta team. Looks real nasty, and can pobs be improved further.
unfort ya espeed would be way too busted. I dont think unaware would be popular for stall tho cause then u just lose to things like kartana. Stall would prob use mguard, mbounce, multiscale, or intimidate. Also trick room> taunt on vic.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
So I've been thinking about Mascots, and it seems like Sableye is going to be, although definitely not broken, really good as a mascot for stall teams. Not only can you use its base ability Prankster to give everything +1 priority on Recover, Substitute, Toxic, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Will-o-Wisp, or whatever you want to run (just be sure to carry something against Dark-types and Tapu Lele), but it can also Mega Evolve and pass Magic Bounce on to everything instead if need be—for example, if you're going up against another stall team. Protect/Recover/Toxic/Substitute Sableye can pass down the basics of a stall set with +1 priority to anything, allowing them to free up room for other disruptive tools. It can also pass this moveset down to, say, Regigigas—alternating Protect and +1 priority Substitute makes Regigigas nearly untouchable, allowing it to easily burn through 5 turns and start dishing out serious damage. As mentioned before, a team with this mascot is extremely weak to Dark-types, Tapu Lele and Taunt—until Sableye Mega Evolves, which simultaneously solves all three of those problems but at the cost of losing priority. Other threats with this mascot include Parting Shot users, which can now pivot with +1 priority; Snorlax, which can use some Gluttony/Recycle garbage to become nigh-immortal; hazard setters, especially Smeargle, which now gets priority Spore; Toxapex, which can use priority Haze to shut down a sweeper without having to eat a hit beforehand; Pyukumuku, who can now use Soak, Toxic, Block, Substitute, Protect and Recover all on the same set with priority; Mimikyu, which can spread hazards around like crazy and use priority Destiny Bond as a last-ditch effort; and let's not forget all the usual staples of stall, like Chansey and Clefable.

On a definitely completely unrelated note, I'm really looking forward to Mascots becoming a real thing.

Lemme drop 2 OM ideas, while I compile my main OM, cuz no one gave me feedback last time. There's another one that I will probably post tomorrow.

Priorimons
Metagame Premise: The Attacking move of a pokemon in the first slot gains +1 priority, but loses 1/3 of its BP

Possible Bans and Threats: I don't see any yet

Questions For the Community: What should the ban list be? Anything looking like it can be unbanned?

Sun and Moon Triples
Metagame Premise: Basically the USUM version of triples, since it's not in cartridge anymore

Heres an article about it: https://www.smogon.com/smog/issue20/intro_triple

Possible Bans and Threats: DOU Banlist for now

Cya Frens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)