Metagamiate!

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This actually doesn't sound like too bad of an idea and seems like a nice compromise between what the meta currently is and the previous suggestion. I'll think about it.
If I were to do this, how would this affect the meta? I'm curious as to what you guys would think about this in terms of new sets and the like.
I feel like this breathes fresh air the metagame, as well as becoming EVEN MORE offensive! Maybe this might be able to get OMOTM again :3

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Thought about it, and with OMotM literally right around the corner, I'll give you guys a day to decide.

Should we allow the Pokemon's -ate ability to correspond to their second type if the Pokemon is shiny?

Obv single-typed mons are unaffected by this bar Forest's Curse and similar moves.

I don't really have much experience with this meta, but what the hell, sure. It seems like a nice, intuitive way to freshen it up.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Since people have been giving overwhelming support for the idea, you may now have an -ate ability corresponding to your secondary type if you're shiny.
Of course if you only have 1 type, you won't be affected by this change. Code isn't updated yet.

Also, for obvious reasons, Kyurem-Black is now quickbanned.

Since people have been giving overwhelming support for the idea, you may now have an -ate ability corresponding to your secondary type if you're shiny.
Of course if you only have 1 type, you won't be affected by this change. Code isn't updated yet.

Also, for obvious reasons, Kyurem-Black is now quickbanned.
I wanted this to be the first meta to ban shiny Kyurem Black :(

On another note, people's thoughts on Beedrill? It seems powerful, albeit frail. Is it any good?

All it really gets is a stronger Poison STAB in Return.

Landorus-T is one I'm curious to try, as Earthquake + Flying Return is only resisted by Zapdos, Thundurus(T), Skarmory and Rotom-W. Weavile just got a lot better, with its Refrigerate Quick Attack and Fake Out.

Last edited:
What a cool change I think.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake/Roost

Anyone remember how people cried about Dragon Rush Zard X in No Guard Galaxy? This is now stronger because it has a 132 BP Dragon STAB that's boosted by Tough Claws. With Flare Blitz, now it's dual STABs are very deadly and will destroy everything unresisted, unlike the standard weak Dragon Claw.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (there maybe a better EV spread than this)
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- filler

May not be a threat, but Physical Diancie is possible now.

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe (there maybe a better EV spread than this)
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Switcheroo
- U-turn
- Psychic/Hidden Power Fire/Grass STAB

Well, what's the difference between this and regular Grass-ate Whimsicott? Well, Fairy as an attacking type is a MUCH better than Grass, being resisted only by three types, one (Poison) which is uncommon, while Grass is resisted by freaking seven types. Also, Special Pixiespeed is nothing other pokes have besides this.

It would be much easier just to quickban it than to do a complex ban.
I don't think banning only the shiny version of the Pokemon is that hard. In AAA, and Ability Unity, they banned the use of certain Pokemons in conjunction with a certain ability, but not ban the ability, and the Pokemon respectively.
I think banning Shiny Kyurem Black is easier to implement than banning Sturdy Shedinja which has already been done in AAA.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't think banning only the shiny version of the Pokemon is that hard. In AAA, and Ability Unity, they banned the use of certain Pokemons in conjunction with a certain ability, but not ban the ability, and the Pokemon respectively.
I think banning Shiny Kyurem Black is easier to implement than banning Sturdy Shedinja which has already been done in AAA.
They removed those complex bans for simplicity and consitency.

On another note

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: No
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Outrage / Earthquake
- Return / Earthquake

Yeah its the return of the SD Charizard!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dragon gots immunities and hits nothing outside of dragons supereffectively. Not very good for a set relying on priority.

Faster Fairies - there's Mega Diance (who you should never be leaving that set in on anyway) and...that's it. Flare Blitz already nukes non Unaware Clefable, Sylveon and Mega Altaria and Azumarill still wall you anyway. Charizard X's draw in Metagamiate is that Dragon Return.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)