Mienshao

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
christ there is like 0 discussion of the actual pokemon on this page. please stop chatting irrelevant shit about "6 layers of spikes"

thank god someone said it mucho gracias monkfish~

I've been using a SubSD Kojondo with Regeneration to attractive success, because it gets good enough coverage with HJK and SE, Sub helps prevent any burns and helps take out some slower, bulkier Pokemon that you wouldn't normally be able to take out. And if I see a phazer, I have no fear, because if they whirlwind you away, you get enough for a new Sub and then some. I'll post the set I use later!

lol yeesh, why so serious? Take a freakin' chill pill, guys. We're in a Pokemon forum in a thread about a purple Asian weasel who can perform flying kicks and shoot aura. I've gotten away with worse in debate forums.
...Anyway, I suppose I'll just repeat what others have said at the risk of derailing a thread as absolutely detrimental as this one.

I really like this thing with U-turn. He does a great job at keeping the flow of battle going, and Hi Jump Kick is just such an awesome move this generation since it hits like a truck. Heck, missing with it once hasn't been that big of a deal for me since Mienshao heals back over half of what was lost as it switches out. It's kind of a shame to waste the nice Special Attack stat, but I think I'll leave that to my new favorite Nasty Plot Lucario.

I kinda want to try a SD/BP for whatever reason.

The special attack isn't totally lost, as HP Ice could easily catch unsuspecting Gliscor off guard and it pairs well with the fighting type. A specially based mixed set could potentially see some use, I'd imagine, or even a Sub / HJK / HP Ice / Stone Edge set.

It's kind of a shame to waste the nice Special Attack stat, but I think I'll leave that to my new favorite Nasty Plot Lucario.
It's Special Attack is wasted...well in my opinion it is. With no Nasty Plot and a special attack pool or Swift, Grass Knot, Aura Sphere, and Hidden Power. Sure it can learn Calm Mind, but it doesn't have the bulk to use it to the fullest.

It's physical movepool isn't all that large either, but at least it's coming off a respectable 125 Atk stat and can use Sword Dance to further boost it's power. The only thing that could make it better would be something to hit Ghost/Psychic types with other than Stone Miss.

Edit: Didn't see IcyMan28's post until after posting. So the use of Hidden Power make some good of it's special attack, but that's about it.

You know, you're right. I don't know why I didn't think of that with all the HP Ice's flying around. Anything to kill off that obnoxious vampire gargoyle scorpion thing.

The special attack isn't totally lost, as HP Ice could easily catch unsuspecting Gliscor off guard and it pairs well with the fighting type. A specially based mixed set could potentially see some use, I'd imagine, or even a Sub / HJK / HP Ice / Stone Edge set.
Yeah. Let's LC this shit up. Everything must counter Gliscor. Lol, but seriously, I love this thing. With Regeneration and U-turn, this thing is incredibly viable, able to switch in easily with SR up, and actually U-turn out, ending up with MORE hp than before

I love this thing as well! I've been using it as somewhat of an Anti-Lead, with this set:

Kojondo@ Choice Band or Scarf
Naive 252 Atk/252 Spe/6 SpDef or HP
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ U-Turn
~ Stone Edge
~ HP Ice

This set is really cool as a lead, because it outspeeds most things, and if you're using a Band, Hi Jump Kick hits REALLY hard. I don't have specific calculations, but it works great. If anyone wants to look up how much Hi Jump Kick does on certain Physical Walls. Sadly, lots of defensive pokemon resist Hi Jump Kick, like Gliscor, but even then, it does about 20-40%. Also, U-Turn is awesome. Just saying.

I love this thing as well! I've been using it as somewhat of an Anti-Lead, with this set:

Kojondo@ Choice Band or Scarf
Naive 252 Atk/252 Spe/6 SpDef or HP
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ U-Turn
~ Stone Edge
~ HP Ice

This set is really cool as a lead, because it outspeeds most things, and if you're using a Band, Hi Jump Kick hits REALLY hard. I don't have specific calculations, but it works great. If anyone wants to look up how much Hi Jump Kick does on certain Physical Walls. Sadly, lots of defensive pokemon resist Hi Jump Kick, like Gliscor, but even then, it does about 20-40%. Also, U-Turn is awesome. Just saying.
That's actually pretty good, but I'd move 40 Speed EVs into Special Attack. IMO, I'd have a Life Orb over the Choice items so you can switch between moves, plus you have Regeneration to heal off LO recoil.

That's actually pretty good, but I'd move 40 Speed EVs into Special Attack. IMO, I'd have a Life Orb over the Choice items so you can switch between moves, plus you have Regeneration to heal off LO recoil.
that is true but where would you take the ev's from? Atk or Spe?

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Reckless is a very viable option on Kojondo, especially Choice Scarf as it appreciates the added power. The CB set, however, becomes monstrous.

Mienshao@Choice Band
Jolly; 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

U-Turn
Stone Edge
Hi Jump Kick
Hidden Power Ice

Jolly and minimal attack because HP Ice is really only for Gliscor, you'll want to change it for the Scarf set however as it can feasibly revenge Landorus, Garchomp, and Salamence. For an idea of the power:

349 Atk (+1) Reckless HJK vs. 252/252 Impish Hippowdon: (56.67% - 67.14%)

A solid 2HKO, meaning that if you want to wall this you need to be either flying, ghost, or psychic. Fortunately Mienshao can scout for these with a U-Turn (which also hits Psychics super-effectively), and allows it to simply Stone Edge next time around.

Why use jolly and not hasty or naive? Kojondo's not taking hits any time soon, so I'd rather just making my hidden power stronger.

Even changing to a Naive nature and putting 40 EVs into SpA, 252/0 Impish Gliscor is surviving HP Ice with rocks. Since you'll outspeed it and are 2HKOing either way, I'd rather just keep this spread.

Even changing to a Naive nature and putting 40 EVs into SpA, 252/0 Impish Gliscor is surviving HP Ice with rocks. Since you'll outspeed it and are 2HKOing either way, I'd rather just keep this spread.
True but a smart player would probably recall Gliscor immediantly unless it used roost had just happened to have posion heal equipped cause then it could try to go for a stall out.

This has me curious, without any Ev investment in kojondo's defenses, how many hits can it sustain before going down?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
From Gliscor's Acrobat? Probably zero. That thing hits hard, so you might want to get out of there if you aren't OHKOing it.

The only problem is that any defensive gliscor is gonna run Protect for Poison Heal recovery, meaning your 2hko plan might cost you your Mienshao, especially if they switch after they Protect to a ghost. :(

The only problem is that any defensive gliscor is gonna run Protect for Poison Heal recovery, meaning your 2hko plan might cost you your Mienshao, especially if they switch after they Protect to a ghost. :(
HP Ice is 2HKOing with rocks even after Poison Heal. And switching to a ghost won't cost me anything when I'll be locked into HP Ice as opposed to HJK.

HP Ice is 2HKOing with rocks even after Poison Heal. And switching to a ghost won't cost me anything when I'll be locked into HP Ice as opposed to HJK.
If it has Flung/lost its Toxic Orb, Acrobatics is a clean OHKO though, meaning you HP Ice for first blow, then it KOes you before you proceed to knock it out.

Problem with being locked into HP Ice is that even if mienshao has a naive nature, GENGAR can set up a sub on it and the attack won't always break it.

That's just sad.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Problem with being locked into HP Ice is that even if mienshao has a naive nature, GENGAR can set up a sub on it and the attack won't always break it.

That's just sad.

So can propably any other Pokemon thats not called Deo-A or is weak to ice moves. gengar can also come in on HJK make you lose 50% and set-up a sub.

If it has Flung/lost its Toxic Orb, Acrobatics is a clean OHKO though, meaning you HP Ice for first blow, then it KOes you before you proceed to knock it out.
And since when is Gliscor faster than Mienshao? Come on man.

And SubGar is not particularly threatening with its strongest stab being 80BP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)