Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Problems with the blaze grinder (it works, but there's some really annoying things with it)

When I stand in front of the fence and release the blazes (button 1), they start "leaking out" of the 2x1 area they're standing in. This is just a visual effect, they're actually trapped, but still block my vision if there's many of them and sometimes prevent me from hitting button 2 and 3 if the games thinks they're out of the box for a second or two.

Does that happen to anyone (just general SMP nonsense?), or is it just me and my not-so-good computer (should I allocate more RAM to minecraft)?

Other issue: I'm currently using Splash Potions to kill all the blazes, since their hitboxes are close to unreachable when standing behind the fence, trying to use snowballs. Where exactly do you guys aim at when killing them with snowballs?

Also, why is the crusher not fully automatic with a timer that leaves them at 1 or 2 health points? Is it just a problem with how timing is not that reliable in SMP?

Pretty much all just SMP lagginess, I find it easier to do the blazes in smaller batches than wait for ages and then be blinded by a see of orange. I use the crushing thing 9 times and then wait for a second, throw one snowball, get exp, throw one get exp etc. That way you seem to connect with more of the snowballs than if you hold down the throw. I just aim at the back two blocks where they are supposed to be held.

I had a quick question, what's the policy on mining downwards? My house is underwater in Lotus and I was thinking of mining down some as I thought I'd saw something underneath during one of the laggy phases on the server, but I don't wanna like add any more stress on the server (like what exploring does apparently). So yeah...is it ok to mine or that a no-no?

but I don't wanna like add any more stress on the server (like what exploring does apparently).
When you explore, chunks are generated. A chunk is a 16 x 16 x 128 block. This means it goes from bedrock to skybox.

Mining deeper doesn't make new chunks. If you've explored it (not to mention built a house on it) the chunk is already created and loaded. The fact that you've seen blocks down there means that these blocks already exist on the server.

tl;dr mining has no effect on the server's capacity

Other issue: I'm currently using Splash Potions to kill all the blazes, since their hitboxes are close to unreachable when standing behind the fence, trying to use snowballs. Where exactly do you guys aim at when killing them with snowballs?
Really? There's only two blocks' worth of space, and I'm pretty sure the blazes fill all of them, especially if you're getting enough for them to phase through the walls graphically. Are you sure you aren't misunderstanding something? If you throw a snowball anywhere in that mess you are pretty much guaranteed to hit one.

Damn Rawbi just how much of the caves did you explore already under Lotus >.>

Though I still find it kinda fun there's a gaping hole at the bottom of the Lotus ocean.

I say you should have asked first since i was going to do something cool with that area and that isn't wood or sand...
Hmmmm.... Well, judging that I've never seen that place ever in oho oasis, it looks pretty far away from the other buildings. I know you're the founder of oho, but if I were you, I would have placed a sign there saying reserved. If you did then, you're in the right of tearing it down.

I'm with tennisace on this one. He is the founder, he lays down the rules. I don't know if we should tear that down but in the future I think it'd be best if we all consulted tennis before building in Oho. This probably explains why when I gave a lot of you tours I was very finicky about where you could build and where you couldn't (im sidscarf for those who dont know). Failing that, atleast tell me since I usually do know what grand plans tennis has for certain spots in Oho.

I have obtained Far. Still looking for Ward.

I also want gold! If you have gold blocks/ingots, I will trade for them.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Introducing Cobalt Cape!

General view

First main building

Some basic requirements

I am looking for an area of cool colours and a restrained block palette for the exterior. I think Blooper Bay/Oho oasis worked very well so I have made my own area with a slighly larger palette. Please keep to that palette if you will build there please.

It is currently at x-458, z-1158

Please if you're going to build, plan it out a bit and make it interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)