Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

I can understand what Veed's talking about when it comes to losing stuff you built. I had the sweat on my face when we were talking about the map reset too.

Here's something to consider as well: The hard part of building a Zombie Pigmen farm is half-slabbing a 256x256 area around the center of the building. However, this server has so many members and so much freaking cobblestone; if we just measure out the coordinates (like, build the tower at 0,0 in the Nether), we could always do the entire thing as a community-project. Anyone who comes in the Nether always puts some halfslabs between -128/-128 and 128/128, and in a week or two, if we work together, we're done with it. And then it's free Nuggets for everyone!

Edit: Big news. I went exploring yesterday, looking for new chunks. I had xray-stuff on me (the piston + glowstone trick) which I used to locate caves and mineshafts, and oh boy.

I'll tell you that much: -2648, -2513.
I counted a total of 12 Cave Spider spawners, and I know from coords that at least (!!!) 5 of them are in range of each other. I didn't explore the thing yet.

Also, there's an AWESOME jungle close by with a temple (just took the chests and the Circle Bricks, didn't wreck it for Mossy Cobble) at -2480, -2496. Somebody should totally make a treetop town there.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
A few channels I watch played it (Team Nancy Drew of Mindcrack) and it's supposed to be really good (and hard). It's a community map brought together by RSMalec.

Veed, I think it's that as moderating staff, we decide whether or not we have to talk to users about accommodations, not that they are automatically entitled.

Prolly shouldn't worry about it, as we have decided to hear you out.

A
Is there a reason behind you wanting to keep the nether beyond "I like it"? I'd like to please as many parties as I can on this one, and fresh deposits of glowstone are the driving force for many supporters of the reset.
Mainly for Veedrock and penguin's sake who put a lot of effort into the grinders. If you can save that stuff and still reset the nether then I'd be down with that.

So what was with the OOSOS thing going on right now? Me and ACDC joined it and the next thing we know, we got banned from the server.....
We were doing an adventure map. You needed to have skype because it was quite challenging. Also there were too many people logging in and we didn't want anything getting destroyed unintentionally.

hi

it has come to my attention that this nonrebellion thing isn't just a playful little joke, but is actually something serious. if you guys have a problem with the way things are being run, i'd rather you discuss them out in the open rather than hold everything in passive aggressively. you may ridicule openly or privately.

thanks

EDIT:

don't do this

if you walk around spawn at the moment some of you may notice light blue wool or redstone torches on top of buildings. redstone torched buildings are marked for destruction and light blue wool houses are marked to be moved. the moderation staff is going to give spawn a complete rehaul to try and make it look nice and neat, while removing a lot of useless or outdated buildings.

speak now or forever hold your peace.

Feel free to move/renovate the wool farm, provided the animals inside are still called Doomsheep.

The little house next to it can be destroyed, provided any valuable items in the chests are put in one of my other buildings (such as Lotus Village, etc.).

First of all, giving us a better idea of what exactly will the new spawn area be like might help us giving constructive feedback. I for one think the current spawn looks just fine, but if the 'nice and neat' spawn will be a huge improvement, then I'm all for it.

Second, why move the notice board and the wool farm? The notice board, while not really used that much (mostly because barely anyone plays on the server anymore), should really be quite close to spawn, so people can quickly and easily check any new announcements and trade offers by simply warping to spawn and walking for a bit. I don't think the wool farm should be moved either, I think its sort of stuck in most people's heads as being right next to the tree farm.

Finally, the skelly grinder and the clay coop. Why would you want to remove them? While many people use infinity bows and there's plenty of bonemeal around, I'd imagine the grinder still being useful for newer players or simply people who can't be arsed to enchant till they get a good infinity bow. And the clay coop is something of a legend now on smogcraft now, and the sole reason for a few players still being around (Mainly Borogoves). Destroying it would be destroying history

First of all, giving us a better idea of what exactly will the new spawn area be like might help us giving constructive feedback. I for one think the current spawn looks just fine, but if the 'nice and neat' spawn will be a huge improvement, then I'm all for it.

Second, why move the notice board and the wool farm? The notice board, while not really used that much (mostly because barely anyone plays on the server anymore), should really be quite close to spawn, so people can quickly and easily check any new announcements and trade offers by simply warping to spawn and walking for a bit. I don't think the wool farm should be moved either, I think its sort of stuck in most people's heads as being right next to the tree farm.

Finally, the skelly grinder and the clay coop. Why would you want to remove them? While many people use infinity bows and there's plenty of bonemeal around, I'd imagine the grinder still being useful for newer players or simply people who can't be arsed to enchant till they get a good infinity bow. And the clay coop is something of a legend now on smogcraft now, and the sole reason for a few players still being around fuk maste. Destroying it would be destroying history
The spawn house is returning, so most of those will be incorporated into that main building (not clay coop, sorry to disappoint)

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
ok when the circle stone trading place is removed, will there be any other way to get it aside from jungles which dont have any anymore?

The spawn house is returning, so most of those will be incorporated into that main building (not clay coop, sorry to disappoint)
Why would you want a spawn house though? While good for early stages, I thought once everything gets torched up so mobs don't spawn, open spawn areas are much much preferred?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)