Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

My house looks pretty good in that Smog article (one with the pokeball on top in Spawn), js

Yeah, Witch Farms really aren't worth it early game. We're better off finding a hut and working on a farm when we have a significant amount of supplies (or really want an abundance of Glowstone Lamps)

Edit: I was also wondering if we should organize Spawn better. Perhaps instead of just having a bunch of scattered buildings in a large area, we allocate certain areas to people and make it more like a city/town. They don't have to be huge areas, and people can make their bases in different locations, but I think it would be much nicer, more organized, and much more aesthetically pleasing (we could even limit the block type as well, especially if we are in a desert).

And let's make a Nether Hub please :]

Agreeing with mike on the town idea it would be fun to see what people could do if we all have the same amount of land to build a house in, and yes it would be fun to have spawn feel more like a small town.

Sorry to disappoint, but spawn is going to be pretty massive. We're making a two story tall city with lots of nice little touches here and there. We just started today though so here are a couple screenies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Please make a nether hub, that'd be excellent.

Also is that going to be the seed we're using? If so, jungle. Don't dare Atom.

Yesssss! Be careful with large flat floors though, a 5x5x5 area can allow Ghasts to spawn.
We should be fine if we half slab it up. Sandstone Half Slabs make a great contrast in the nether.

That's an awesome spawn still. Is that in creative? Do you need any help with housing designs? I can show you a bit of what I'm doing in my single player for ideas.

Lady Salamence said:
Also is that going to be the seed we're using? If so, jungle. Don't dare Atom.
Hahahahaha :D
No worries, I have something else in mind for the new map. I just want some carrots for Night Vision awesomeness.

a fair warning to all rascals and rapscallions: if you go mass-digging sand anywhere in viewing range of smoghdad/sal-qaeda/las smegas, i swear on dan dan's grave i will wield whatever vestigial power i still retain to uncreate you.

I have a server right now, but that's for my school work. Call my teacher stupid, but he let us use minecraft to present our city of the future :/

My house looks pretty good in that Smog article (one with the pokeball on top in Spawn), js

Yeah, Witch Farms really aren't worth it early game. We're better off finding a hut and working on a farm when we have a significant amount of supplies (or really want an abundance of Glowstone Lamps)

Edit: I was also wondering if we should organize Spawn better. Perhaps instead of just having a bunch of scattered buildings in a large area, we allocate certain areas to people and make it more like a city/town. They don't have to be huge areas, and people can make their bases in different locations, but I think it would be much nicer, more organized, and much more aesthetically pleasing (we could even limit the block type as well, especially if we are in a desert).

And let's make a Nether Hub please :]
I like the idea of a town a lot. We should do this, with a limited amount of space too. It would be a fun challenge to see what people come up with. Maybe have different sectors in the map?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
a fair warning to all rascals and rapscallions: if you go mass-digging sand anywhere in viewing range of smoghdad/sal-qaeda/las smegas, i swear on dan dan's grave i will wield whatever vestigial power i still retain to uncreate you.
And I'll use whatever current power I have to smite you off the whitelist. If you're gonna dig, fill it back in please.

also al-quaeda is NOT a city forks, you insensitive prick

double also: with the seed we've chosen, a portal near actual spawn gives you a nether spawn in an ideal location for a nether hub, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Any idea when the server will be open to us lowly commoners? Im itching to build and explore. Also spawn looks really nice so far.

When will the server ip be given out?

Edit: Have you already fought the dragon or the wither? Beacons would add a nice touch to spawn imo.

To anyone just joining our server: Wasn't that smog article enticing?
Yes very enticing, my first time on minecraft thread, i definitely wanna play so shall stick around til i get whitelisted, considering how dedicated poekmon fans are i think the server will be a masterpiece, also it's a great time for me to join with the new server set to be released

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)