Mini's Logos, Sketches and Assorted Nonsense

I also did that thing with the eyes again, this time trying out a wider range of drawing styles:

On top of that, I'm working on developing a new style for illustrations with a heavier emphasis on gradients. Not much to show for it now, but here's one of the test products:

idk why but im always intrigued by cool eye sketches like those :O good job and keep up the great work! :]

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Some nonsensical doodles of some little mons:
Plus a couple fully developed ones:

I'm trying to be a bit less anal in general about my artwork, and try to just have more fun with it without fussing completely on the quality to the point that it becomes stressful to draw. I may end up posting more of these silly sketchbook pages and short, experimental drawings as a result.

I like the recent doodles and fully finished images you posted, they have a relaxing cartoonish vibe that's really pleasant to look at, so from my point of view I'd definitely look forward to more of that kind of stuff. And of course, kudos on experimenting with so many different styles as of lately ^^

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
I like the recent doodles and fully finished images you posted, they have a relaxing cartoonish vibe that's really pleasant to look at, so from my point of view I'd definitely look forward to more of that kind of stuff. And of course, kudos on experimenting with so many different styles as of lately ^^
Thank you! One of the biggest faults I've felt with my artwork thus far is that there was little variety to it, so it would grow stale to me after a while. I'm hoping by making some more radical stylistic choices and working in a less deliberate manner I can mix things up, and make my artwork more captivating.

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
I've been trapped in my apartment because of snow for the past three days :(

Gave me some time to work on additional practice work though:
Loose arm structures in pencil:

Attempted to get some practice in with my tablet after neglecting to pick it up for a few months. Still sort of hard to get used to:

And then some hand studies on newsprint with colored pencil:

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
Something fun I've been working on over the past couple days:

Plus the initial sketch:

I feel like I need to get better control of light and shading in my drawings. I have a habit of only adding shadows and highlights along the edges, and end up with big open areas of flat color that I don't know what to do with.

I also wanted to make one of these for Misty with Staryu+Starmie but this one ended up taking around 11 hours or so and I don't have the patience for another e.e

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
I did some gesture drawing over the weekend:
Blue pages are 1-minute poses, purple are 2-minutes, and red are 5-minutes.

Plus, some sketches from the first assignment for my new illustration course, to draw skulls in varying degrees of realism:

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
On top of that, I'm working on developing a new style for illustrations with a heavier emphasis on gradients. Not much to show for it now, but here's one of the test products:

Remember this? I've been trying to work with this style again for an illustration for one of my courses. Still definitely a work in progress though:

The subject is this guy named Charles Babbage. A bit too tired to run through the all the info right now, but the gist of it is he invented the Difference Engine, a massive machine that was in essence the world's first calculator, which later came to be used to develop computers and programming language.

Here's the original sketches to go with it:

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
Finished!

Or at least as finished as it's gonna get, too many other projects to work on to add all the other background elements from the sketch in there.

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out! There was a lot of blending and overlaying gradients together to smooth out the colors, and the result is pretty far from the style I traditionally work in.

Edit: Changed background as per advice below

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lookin' dope dude, I think you might want to roll witha different background color though since the red you have makes the contrast look a lot weaker

No gamefreak couldn't make octillery into a better mega no matter how hard they try. You're OOZING TALENT. (pun with ink guys)

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
No gamefreak couldn't make octillery into a better mega no matter how hard they try. You're OOZING TALENT. (pun with ink guys)
Man, I haven't thought about that Mega Octillery in a long time. Thanks for the kind comment!

In more recent news, here's my Mega Diancie for Pokemon of the Week:

Plus a few progress shots; kinda wish I saved a few more versions along the way to better illustrate the progression from sketch to the final version, but this should still get the idea across.

This represents a lot of firsts for me. First time I drew the base sketch entirely with my tablet, rather than with pencil and paper, first time utilizing gradients to such a great extent in a large-scale illustration, first time working with such a heavily angular style and mixing it with round and curved elements. This is one of the most interesting things I've made in a while, and I feel it was worth all the effort in the end.

...even if it did take 3+ months to complete.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hey quick question, are you taking requests for banners? I have a RMT called Whimsikrow, and I have a rough draft of the banner, but was wondering if you could complete it, because holy crap your art is sick. Lol. I will edit this post with the rough draft in it, cuz im on mobile right now

Keep up the good work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)