Ladder Mix and Mega

Hey guys! I'm looking for somebody to host the Mix and Mega Checks Compendium! nv and ChrystalFalchion both run their respective parts of Mix and Mega and it's been great having help. If you're interested in running the Checks Compendium and joining the discussion chat, hit me up.
http://hidden50.github.io/brmt/OUcc.html
This right here is the OU Checks Compendium so if you're familiar with Github that would be great, other than that you'd have the forth or so post in this thread to edit and whatnot. With Mix and Mega becoming a permanent ladder i'd be sweet if help people out when finding counters to some of the best pokemon in the tier. Taken from the OU thread by OrdA, here are the definitions!

GSI - Guaranteed Switch In

Can switch into the following moves:
  • Anything that's included (at least as a slash) on the threat's analysis page, in its main set.
  • Anything that's common enough to show up on the Threat's 1825 moveset statistics entry.
It may only be able to switch in one or two times, or may lose to some exotic coverage move (the ones not listed in the above).
The check is not subject to these limitations and can run whatever it likes. For example, low kick Bisharp is a GSI to Bisharp, since low kick isn't common enough to prevent Bisharp from switching in.
SSI - Situational Switch-In.

Can switch in safely under certain circumstances, but not always. Can either switch into some variants of a threat but struggle against others, or struggles with common coverage moves but can at least switch into the STABs and other moves commonly used on switches (such as boosting moves and Knock Off).
NSI - Non-Switch-In.

Basically: Just a check, not a counter. Cannot switch in safely, generally because they are beaten by one of the STABs, lose if they switch in on a boosting move, etc. Pokemon in this category can, however, defeat a threat in a 1-on-1 matchup. This includes faster revenge killers, as well as Pokemon that can take a single hit and KO back.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!

Send me a private message telling me why you want to run it and I should let you run it! It'll be like an application so sell yourself!

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
When gen 7 comes around can we unban skymin? dat boy is frail af and without its ability doesnt seem as dangerous
Also free kangashkanite

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Skymin maybe, but no way could we free the Khangaskhanite. Super Fang and Seismic Toss 2HKO everything that doesn't have at least 401 HP.
honestly, if mew didnt exist, i would consider kanganite unban, but mew alone kind of breaks it since its the only viable user of supertoss. it hurts and it honestly ruins any chance of this ability getting any form of limelight. i just kind of hope they nerfed parental bond so super fang and night shade count as one hit, so this ability FINALLY gets some competative merit (like, make all undetermined damage moves(moves that deal -- damage) deal 1 hit, im not crazy, nerfing shadefang/supertoss is possible!). gamefreak you have honestly been AMAZING so far when it comes to fixing the problems we have...fix this one too please.

honestly, if mew didnt exist, i would consider kanganite unban, but mew alone kind of breaks it since its the only viable user of supertoss. it hurts and it honestly ruins any chance of this ability getting any form of limelight. i just kind of hope they nerfed parental bond so super fang and night shade count as one hit, so this ability FINALLY gets some competative merit (like, make all undetermined damage moves(moves that deal -- damage) deal 1 hit, im not crazy, nerfing shadefang/supertoss is possible!). gamefreak you have honestly been AMAZING so far when it comes to fixing the problems we have...fix this one too please.
While Mew is great and all, there's plenty of other Night Shade/Seismic toss users that are good. Blastoise gets S-Toss, most notably. If they weren't good before, they'll find a way to become better. And that's not counting a 51% Burn chance with Steam Eruption and Scald... Any way you look at it, freeing Kangaskhanite is not a good idea.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
While Mew is great and all, there's plenty of other Night Shade/Seismic toss users that are good. Blastoise gets S-Toss, most notably. If they weren't good before, they'll find a way to become better. And that's not counting a 51% Burn chance with Steam Eruption and Scald... Any way you look at it, freeing Kangaskhanite is not a good idea.
but it lacks super fang...which is the entire reason stoss is good on parental bond in the first place. sure...s-toss parental bond is dealing half to (most) walls, but most wallbreakers can easily do that, and thensome.

but it lacks super fang...which is the entire reason stoss is good on parental bond in the first place. sure...s-toss parental bond is dealing half to (most) walls, but most wallbreakers can easily do that, and thensome.
Ah, so we're talking about Super Fang, then? My bad. There's still a few options for that. Few of them even compare to the effectiveness of Mew, however. The Nidos do decently, but do not have the bulk or speed to really become true monsters with Parental Bond, despite great movepools to abuse it with. At the very least, they become better than Mega Kangaskhan itself. After Mew and the Nidos, we begin to get into the iffy territory of stall breakers on the Super Fang side for one reason or another.

...That being said, secondary effects get major boosts from Parental Bond, which is not just a small perk. Adding stat drops or effects amidst the S-Toss spam makes it that much more potent, and is the reason why I listed Blastoise first. It's more than dealing half damage to walls in a single move; it's also about crippling them to the point where they can't recover.

None of these will be as good as Mew. But they might have the edge in breaking everything not named Blissey... and even then, there's a few Parental Bond users that can.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Skymin maybe, but no way could we free the Khangaskhanite. Super Fang and Seismic Toss 2HKO everything that doesn't have at least 401 HP.
Just wanted to point out that it's 801 cuz Super Fang hits twice (800/2=400/2=200-100-100=0). And confirming Kangaskhanite is ridiculous and it's not getting unbanned this gen, and most likely not next gen either unless it gets a massive nerf. It literally invalidates stall/semi-stall which while not popular or really good are still usable and decent playstyles (ik nv used stall for a bit and did really well, considering he was using stall). Also Pidgeotite Grass Whistle + Seed Flare on something as fast as Skymin seems a little ridiculous to me. I'll admit it's easily revenge killed but in most cases it's putting something to sleep, and a 40% SpD drop with its new 185 base SpA is gonna be really annoyig for balance and bulkier builds.

Everything is unbanned, yes, Cresselia, Kyurem-Black, Slaking, Dragonite and much more.

We go by OU banlist right out of the gate, so that might mean Deoxys-S is banned and it might mean Shaymin-Sky is unbanned. I don't know.

Not sure about Mega Stones being banned, we'll see.

We suspect accordingly.
Sl- uh- SLAKING?! That is not how new gen unbans work. OU isn't going to unban Groudon, BH isn't going to unban Huge Power, and if you have any sense at all, you won't unban Slaking, Regigigas, Kyurem-Black, Mawilite, Medichamite, or Beedrillite.

Yeah, unbanning everything then testing is basically re-inventing the wheel. The meta absolutely needs time to settle first, because Z-Moves directly compete with this OM's premise and a lot of the fun balance stuff announced so far is coming from Abilities, which are overridden when MEvolving.

There will be a preliminary banlist, there is always a preliminary banlist for OU at the start of a generation, and until that's made you still have to play with ORAS' list. I don't see the wisdom in not making one for MnM when very clearly broken Pokemon will be any less broken (Lucario and Dragonite will be coming back at the start in that case), but it's GoS' and his decision to make.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
tbh, i dont see beedrillite and the slaking and regi(and kyurem, forgot to mention it) having any merit to the meta by unbanning them. beedrillite gives a unholy attack and speed boost alongside adaptability, and slaking and regi's bst rivals titans like giratina and rayquaza. with slaking being able to actually become bulkier and stronger then giratina with sablenite, alongside reliable recovery, and 160 attack backing it up. every meta has "logic" bans, where we clearly remove the stuff that "without a shadow of a doubt" will be broken. and these three (and only these three) fit that list. dnite, lucario, blazikenite and all the others are easily debatable (even kyurem can be debated, but yeah, i think the ice typing isnt enough), but these three are undisputed "better then the rest" by a mile.

Last edited:
No mega stones are going to be unbanned, I really see no reason for it to be tested. If I were to be tested I'd be a down low on a separate server so people could test it with other experienced players, which I encourage you to do. I seriously doubt Regigigas will be broken, to be completely honest. Slaking is a different story... I'm going to be quick about handling Slaking, trust me. There wont be a suspect test if it's that bad, but I need to see it in practise before I ban it.

InfernapeTropius11 is now leading the Checks Compendium Mix and Mega. Congratulations!

Last edited:
Hey guys! Back again, once again to announce that...

Mix and Mega is now officially a permanent ladder!

It replaced Stabmons on the ladder, so have fun playing it as much and as frequently as you'd like!
And urkerab was amazing enough to once again help us out, you can now go on http://rom.psim.us/ and challenge each other in Mix and Mega (test), there you'll get an introduction to the new ban list as all bans are undone - for you to test and fiddle with! If you do battle I'd love it if you private message me a replay so I could watch!

Thanks once again to urkerab!

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Ohhh, thanks.
This meta will rise again. :')

I tried some sets in MnM (test), and here's my thoughts :
- Sablenite Slaking is broken. Even more than Cresselia.
- Cresselia is broken
- Dragonite is also broken
... tl;dr : - Everything is broken... except Lucario.

Also, with the Gen 7 coming and the nerfed confusion status, shouldn't Dynamic Punch be unbanned ?
Pidgeotite only boosts SpA, so it's not very good.

Also, with the Gen 7 coming and the nerfed confusion status, shouldn't Dynamic Punch be unbanned ?
Pidgeotite only boosts SpA, so it's not very good.
And urkerab was amazing enough to once again help us out, you can now go on http://rom.psim.us/ and challenge each other in Mix and Mega (test), there you'll get an introduction to the new ban list as all bans are undone - for you to test and fiddle with! If you do battle I'd love it if you private message me a replay so I could watch!

Thanks once again to urkerab!

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I decided to give this a try today. You guys have some awesome resources here to help people get into this meta! However, sample teams aren't easily accessible from the first couple posts or in the general om samples thread.

If a sample resource exists, can someone share it so we can get it added to the (already awesome!) resources at the beginning of this thread. If not, let's get some teams for beginners!

So I decided to give this a try today. You guys have some awesome resources here to help people get into this meta! However, sample teams aren't easily accessible from the first couple posts or in the general om samples thread.

If a sample resource exists, can someone share it so we can get it added to the (already awesome!) resources at the beginning of this thread. If not, let's get some teams for beginners!
I said I would post mix and mega
Here be mix and mega

Klinklang @ Pinsirite
Ability: Clear Body
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Frustration
- Wild Charge

Entei @ Altarianite
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge

Vaporeon @ Sablenite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Roar

Nidoking @ Lucarionite
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 212 Atk / 96 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic Spikes

Raikou @ Red Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Weather Ball
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere

Gastrodon @ Slowbronite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earth Power

This was a fun team I made near the end of the MnM's second stint as OMotM. Klinklang was the starting point, because it's one of the best late game cleaners in the meta imho. It has the power to beat stall, the set up move to beat offense, and the bulk/typing to set up on half the meta. Nidoking was a mon I wanted to test as with Lucarionite it hits decently hard, outspeeds and obviously OHKOs Red Orb Raikou, and provides Toxic Spikes which helps weaken opposing walls. Gastrodon was another mon I wanted to test and it was a good addition due to being an excellent Red Orb Raikou counter, and Red Orb Raikou happens to be one of the best Klinklang answers, due to resisting all of its attacks post-Mega. Entei was added next as a revenge killer, and with Will-O-Wisp it can cripple Blue Orb Skarmory, another of Klinklang's few checks. Raikou acts as a great pivot, luring in special walls, such as Blissey, for Klinklang to set up on, scaring out Blue Orb Skarm/Ferro, and generally being a strong attacker. Finally, Vaporeon rounds out the team as the -ate check and only form of hazard control (it's usually the lead, and people don't know what to expect from it tbh). Overall this is a pretty solid and fun team around one of my favourite mons in the meta, Pinsirite Klinklang :D

Sorry, no replays with this version of the team, I have some with Dugtrio over Gastrodon though :^)
Hi, here's a cool Mix and Mega team I've been using recently (currently 14-1 w/ 77 gxe on ladder, hate ladder too much to take it higher tbh, although I could probably peak/get close with it)

Cobalion @ Pinsirite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 240 HP / 244 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt

Arcanine @ Altarianite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

Vaporeon @ Sablenite
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Wish
- Protect

Mew @ Slowbronite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heal Bell

Alakazam @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Metagame: Mix and Mega [OMotM]
Team Type: Balance
How it Works: This is a pretty cool team that was my attempt at using Cobalion. Cobalion is actually a really neat mon, and while this set may seem a bit weird (no I'm not high, yes I do have Volt Switch + SD + two flying moves), it's actually gone through a couple of changes and this is the most successful set I have come up with. Volt Switch is actually so good on Cobalion, as in the early game it allows you to bring it in, scout for the burd check, then pivot out of it on the switch. Then you come in and sweep late game with Frustration (Quick Attack for Lopunnite/Diancite mons that outspeed you, altho generally get Arcanine/your walls to remove faster mons). PDon was added as a Xern check (watch out for Ingrain, but hardly anybody runs Xern anyway, and when they do it's usually Geo + 3 attacks) and bulky rocker that has good defensive synergy with Cobalion (credit AllJokesAside for this 2-mon core, sets are mine tho), and also threatens some of the common checks to Cobalion (such as Zapdos and Skarmory). I elected to go with a special PDon with Lava Plume and Thunderbolt for the nice burn chance (same as Scald) and Thunderbolt lures in and defeats Blue Orb Skarmory. This isn't too necessary on the team though, as the -atespeeder I chose to use can 2HKO Skarmory with rocks up, so you can try Thunder Wave to be more annoying/a better Xern check, or Earth Power for opposing Primal Groudon or levitating/Blue Orb Steel-types. Next came Arcanine, which is my favourite -atespeeder atm. It can get past common -ate checks such as Heatran with Close Combat, and Blue Orb Skarmory with Wild Charge. Now I decided to add a Wish-passer to help out Cobalion and Primal Groudon in particular. I was originally going to go with Slowbronite Blissey, but then I decided to go with Sablenite Vaporeon for a couple of reasons. The first was the Water typing. Resisting Fire (which is really common with PDon, Heatran, Entei, Arcanine, Volcarona, and a few other Fire types running around) was the first one. Secondly, I wanted something that could take on Terrakion (which this can). Thirdly, Scald is broken, although I wish it burned a bit more often when I actually need it to ;-; On Vaporeon, you can replace Roar with Toxic if you want, which helps it beat PDon, however you can't touch SubCM Keldeo then, so it's up to you. Next I knew I needed hazard removal (I sometimes forget that lol) and I also wanted Heal Bell support so I could play a little bit more recklessly with Cobalion early on in the match. Mew fit the bill perfectly. I went with Slowbronite for some more physical bulk, which allows it to also check -ates as I use no defensive Steels. It also surprises people who expect it to be Ampharosite or some form of offensive stone when their physical attacker is now walled :) Psychic is just a relatively strong STAB attack for Fighting types that it takes on, as well as doing decent damage to PDon. Finally, I have Alakazam as a mon that can revenge kill fast offensive mons such as Manaphy, and generally just hit hard. I originally used the standard Tail Glow + Absolite Manaphy, however both have been generally underwhelming. The only thing is, this is my only way to reliably defeat Manaphy without sacking a mon, especially if PDon is below half, as +3 Energy Ball does 50-59%. This is the most changeable piece tbh, and some mons you might want to play around with are Hoopa-U, Azelf, Gengar, Infernape, or Latios with Diancite (or Absolite if it is faster than base Manaphy). Overall this is a very fun and relatively easy to use balanced team that has the ability to counter most common threats (or at least all the ones I prepared for in teambuilding/have battled so far lol). Don't be afraid to play around with EVs or the last mon (although I would recommend leaving it as a strong, fast special attacker that can rk Manaphy), and most of all have fun!
Entei and His Fellow Hell Hounds
Metagame: Mix & Mega
Team Type: Offensive Balance Hazard Stack
H-entei (Entei) @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Return
- Stone Edge

Blissey (F) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind

Skarmory @ Blue Orb
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Terrakion @ Lucarionite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Victini @ Red Orb
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
- Fusion Bolt

Archeops @ Charizardite X
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Team Idea: Entei is, in my qualified opinion, one of the best Pokemon in this tier, this is because of the insane power of this extreme speed, on top of fire STAB, e-speed runs through offense so the best idea was to break stall and other bulky teams, as entei can rarely pick up two hit knock outs on beefy, bulky pokemon, allowing for fat mons to use it as set up fodder, or just set up hazards on it, or something beneficial for the opponent.

How it works: Entei cleans offense, Skarm is -ate ability check, p-don check (play skillfully around w/ double switches to maintain rain), and sets hazards, Blissey can take advantage of weaker mons to sweep the floor, victini pressures p-don which typically switch in to Victini (v-create into max HP final gambit kills and makes way for #HenteiSweep), Archeops nukes with head smash (USE WISELY AT YOUR OWN RISK), and Terrak nukes with STAB attacks.

Entei, as stated before, cleans offense with e-speed. But a question possibly asked right now is "why no altariaite?" The simple answer is that pinsirite entei beats altariaite entei because of the speed it gains after the mega and the fact it resists e-speed, and the only loss is an OHKO on Terrakion, which may be a downer for some, in which case, altariaite may be the better choice for a player who wants to banish terrak to hell with an e-speed. Sacred Fire is really just for steel types. Bulldoze is left out because sadly entei cannot learn both e-speed and bulldoze, so a loss to non-mega heatran is inevitable, but sacred fire does damage after a tran's mega. Lastly Edge Miss is for opposing entei and other super effective hits.

Blissey was added for the soul purpose of beating teams lacking calm mind users with psyshock, keldeo, terrak, or any other powerful fighting type hitting blissey's still lacking physical defense. After a calm mind, you can predict a spore from breloom and increase your chances of one shotting standard loom from 33.33% to 55.67%. Watch out for roar and whirlwind.

Skarm was added because there are no common electric/fighting coverage pokemon making skarm-bliss a basic core once again. Defog should probably be on this set, but if you choose not to bring it you probably have to follow my philosophy, "kill them before hazards are a problem." That being said, i will cover the non-defog variant, but if defog is added, spikes can probably be slashed. Not much to say about spikes, and stealth rock, they are just hazards punishing predictions. Roost is recovery. Whirlwind can play around with hazard stack and faze out non-magic bounce set-up sweepers. Also, beating P-don was an essential niche every team needs, and skarm fulfills this role perfectly. To top it off, it beats every common -iate ability users that are popular in this current metagame.

Victini was the first part of the nuke core which I made to beat bulky teams, and to pick off walls allowing for a #HenteiSweep. V-create in the sun is matched by no other move, even resisted it is probably the most powerful move. U-turn is just nice. Fusion Bolt is meant specifically for blue orb Skarms, and i guess some water types. Final Gambit is a move i am proud of innovating in this metagame, what's better than a chcked P-Don? A dead P-Don. P-Don is seen as an obvious easy switch in to a victini, but, if the opponent runs 0 speed P-Don, you outspeed p-don at -1 with Victini, and a final gambit (at full health) finishes off the beast known as p-don after a min roll v-create.

Terrakion is the next part, being the only one that can set up, it likes "fluffy walls," the walls that sit there while you punch it until the attacker is tired (toxiced to death or something). There is no stall team that can handle a +4 Terrak, assuming it can get enough boosts on said "fluffy walls." Close Combat is an absolute nuke with lucarionite, along with Stone Edge. And protect is to get the speed boost from mega-ing when you attack, not after. If you would like to beat Blissey especially you can run diancite to block back it's moves.

Archeops, Head Smash.

Replays (low ladder, I don't wanna lose rank 1, lol):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-327605049
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-327609286
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-327748787
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-327755151
HIGH LADDER MATCH(ES):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-337286479

: Skarm gets two hit by head smash so go into blissey, so it kills itself, blissey lives at like 20%

Offensive rock types: Entei cannot revenge kill these, and my team hates taking rock type attacks (besides skarm, that lacks an attacking move (iron head can be ran over whirlwind), terrak beats them, assuming terrak outspeeds.

W/ thunder: although it can't switch in on anything but skarm, bliss, and entei. To deal with this just sack off stuff for damage.

Metagame:
Mix and Mega
Team Type: Hyper Offense/Offense
How it Works: An offensive team built around red orb raikou. Raikou breaks anything that doesn't resist/is blissey, while keldeo beats resists and blissey. Entei is there to revenge opposing atespeed, while Gyarados stops baton pass and pinsirspeed, which entei does't resist. Garchomp is a cleaner, either sweeping after atespeed is dead (it can live pinsirspeed), breaking walls with sd, or revenging fast threats like pidgeotite Gengar. Gengar is yet another extreme speed check, this time vs altarianite extreme speed. It can put foes to sleep, ohko entei, and abuse its perfect coverage. Watch out for magic bounce, however.
Entei @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge

Gengar @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Aqua Tail

Garchomp @ Metagrossite
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Raikou @ Red Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Weather Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Keldeo-Resolute @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Protect
- Calm Mind
Here's a mix and mega rmt that got me to top ten (thus meeting the requirements)

ESPEED SPAM THE TEAM
i beat espeed (Scizor) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

espeed is cool (Rayquaza) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

espeed is fair (Entei) @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge

espeed is gross (Arcanine) @ Pinsirite
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

i, espeeder (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail

espeed all day (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 40 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

This team got me to top ten of the ladder as you can see in my signature. It got me 23-2 record for the blazikenite suspect (should have been 24-1 but stone edge likes missing :()
It's fairly self explanatory. VS offense, you have two espeeder checks in pdon and scizor. scizor can also remove hazards if they try stacking them (entei and arcanine don't like hazards)
skarm isn't a problem for this team because arcanine can wild charge it, ray can vcreate because air lock, and even arceus has air lock. pidgeotite gengar isn't a threat because of two lum berrys on the normal type espeeders, while the ate speeders can slap it in the face. Pdon is just so good. The speed evs on arcanine let you outspeed adamant entei, and the evs on arceus are there for some reason. groudon has some speed creep, some bulk, rest in attack.
This team isn't the greatest ever, but because it's ho you can climb to the top of ladder very quickly. and it's good enough.

Metagame: Mix and Mega
Team Type: Bulky Offense
This team is built around supporting a sweep from Landorus or Klingklang, as they have the attack to sweep and the bulk to live an -ate Extreme Speed. To that end, we have pokemon to remove their check sand counters. Keldeo and Raikou weaken Giratina-O, which is a common answer to both of my sweepers, while the former removes Blissey and the latter Arceus. They also both handle steel types like Skarmory. Mega Gengar deals with Primal Groudon, Mew, Altarianite and Heatran while Entei revenge kills fast threats such as Weavile and Zekrom.

Raikou @ Red Orb
Rash Nature
- Weather Ball
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

Keldeo @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Blazikenite
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Gengar @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Entei @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge

Klinklang @ Pinsirite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Return
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
At this point I've faced pretty much every high ladder player with this team based around blastoisinite hoopa-u, so I think it's about time I post it on the forums. It still works amazingly well mid ladder and it's a lot of fun to use.

Zapdos @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Scizor @ Blue Orb
Ability: Technician
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Magician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Entei @ Altarianite
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Return
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge

Deoxys-Speed @ Pinsirite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 172 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Superpower
- Thunder

Latios @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Magician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Our first member is somewhat hard to use but it can be really effective with the right support. The idea is to somehow bring this in on slower mons and click dark pulse. Almost all offensive mons are OHKO'd by it and nearly all slower bulkier mons are 2HKO'd by it. You'll only ever need to click psyshock against fighting types and fairies, focus blast is there only for umbreon and nasty plot is there to beat blissey. At +2 dark pulse actually 2HKOs blissey.
Generally this tier has a big speed gap between uninvested base 90s and max speed base 128s, the only relevant mons inbetween are Entei, Zygarde and Raikou, which beat Hoopa-u anyway. This mon takes advantage of that gap by running just enough speed to speedcreep uninvested base 90s, like pdon by a couple of points. The extra hp evs alongside with the fact that its stone doesn't drop defenses, gives it some really respectable special bulk, which allows it to switch in to weaker specially attacking bulky mons and not be revenge killed as easily by strong special attackers.

Scizor @ Blue Orb
Ability: Technician
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Roost

Hoopa-u's biggest weaknesses are strong physical attackers. This scizor set counters all physical pixilate abusers and weavile. It has some great synergy with hoopa-u in the form of u-turn providing safe switch-ins. Unlike skarmory, this mon is able to keep up the momentum and it doesn't get bopped by the occasional thunder lures.

Zapdos @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Zapdos counters most aerilate abusers Scizor doesn't deal with too well. It's also a good hazard control. This Scizor-Zapdos core can counter pretty much every -atespeed abuser while providing some excellent volt-turn support for Hoopa-u

Entei @ Altarianite
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Return
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge

Of course every team needs one of these. It doesn't really matter that this set is standard and predictable, since hoopa-u bops all of Entei's counters. The only common -atespeed abusers that can somewhat break the Zapdos-Scizor core are pinsirite Antei and Arcanine. We're therefore running no speed with a bulkier spread on this Entei to better check pinsirite Entei.

Latios @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Thanks to our pixilate check, we can afford to run our next mon, which is an offensive check to mainly Keldeo, Thundurus and pdon. The lucarionite conveniently puts it just one base speed point above pidgeotite thundurus and two points above pidgeotite/gengarite Gengar. In terms of power, Draco meteor and Psyshock hit equally hard as a soul dew Latios would. The pre-mega levitate still helps it safely switch in on pdon, which draco OHKOs or 2HKOs depending on their spread. Psyshock still OHKOs gengarite Gengar at -2.

Deoxys-Speed @ Pinsirite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 172 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Superpower
- Thunder

Of course every team needs at least two e-speeders. The reason we're not going for any hazards on this team is that we're going to be switching around a lot thanks to the defensive volt-turn core. Keeping hazards off our side of the field is more important than keeping them on their side of the field and running defog along with a dedicated hazard lead is awkward. From team preview it would seem that this deoxys-s is our dedicated hazard lead, since no other mons on this team get any hazards. Instead we're running an offensive set that's meant to catch the opponent by surprise. it's a good late game win condition that can outspeed and pick off weakened opposing e-speeders. With its coverage it can pick off any weakened mon. There's enough bulk to reliably live any Entei's e-speed, while your e-speed 2HKOs it

All in all, this team has an incredible match up against most overused mons. Things to watch out for are e-killer Arceus, Kyogre and Mega-Kangaskhan. Arceus is beaten by scizor's superpower into one e-speed from deoxys-s. To beat kyogre and Mega-kangaskhan you basically have to sacrifice one mon to weaken them.

GoS has my permission to add this to the sample teams
That's all the samples that are both still legal and good.

confirmed my teams are bad :P

Might as well link what I consider my best team I've made and used here, no banned mons in it afaik. Pretty basic Deo-S HO tbh, my other attempts at HO followed a similar trend in team members. Might not be that great but I managed to get reqs with this while only losing once iirc (19-1 win ratio isn't too shabby imo) and I'm not exactly an amazing battler. ig you could replace Entei with Arcanine but between the the fact Heatran does not appreciate handling a decent number of these mons it's not too huge of an issue, not to mention Blazikenite Lando-T is more problematic with Arc due to the reduced damage output of ESpeed.

Landorus-Therian @ Blazikenite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Cobalion @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Thundurus @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Deoxys-Speed @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat

Entei @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Return

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

The team's built around the offensive core SD Blazikenite Lando and SD Cobalion, who can help overwhelm each others' shared check in Skarm, with them both being pretty good "noob killers" (ie. low ladder has like 0 checks for either of them). Both are also decent checks to opposing Blazikeniters. I added Pidgeotite NP Thundurus to break Skarm more reliably and sweep potentially. Then, we have standard Deo-S suicide lead with Gyaradosite to take less from cheeky Weaviles and be bulkier than Ampharosite. Bug is also pretty rare so idk why I didn't run this before. Entei is my -atespeeder, RKs things and is just generally a menace to faster 'mons and opposing Lando. Finally, I added PDon for my more offensively inclined -atespeed check and heat Skarm lure, weakening it for Lando, Entei and Coba. Thunder hits Skarm pretty hard in rain, as many will use Blue Orb Skarm to counter it. Most other Blue Orbers lose to PDon anyways. SD + EdgeQuake breaks bulky cores, and is just generally scary to balance. Standard supportive for the rare GeoXern and to better take -atespeeders.

Last edited:

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
confirmed my teams are bad

Might as well link what I consider my best team I've made and used here, no banned mons in it afaik. Pretty basic Deo-S HO tbh, my other attempts at HO followed a similar trend in team members. Might not be that great but I managed to get reqs with this while only losing once iirc (19-1 win ratio isn't too shabby imo) and I'm not exactly an amazing battler. ig you could replace Entei with Arcanine but between the the fact Heatran does not appreciate handling a decent number of these mons it's not too huge of an issue, not to mention Blazikenite Lando-T is more problematic with Arc due to the reduced damage output of ESpeed.
Thanks! I added them to the OM team archive I started up when I became leader (anyone is welcome to contribute to that, just shoot me a pm w/ your team).

I'll talk with Grains of Salt about getting them added to the first couple posts too!
edit: Check out this post for samples!

Last edited:
confirmed my teams are bad

Ah, sorry, I didn't know you wanted that as a sample. That wasn't intended to be a slight :C.

Ah, sorry, I didn't know you wanted that as a sample. That wasn't intended to be a slight :C.
d/w, I was just joking haha. I figured you probably didn't include it because it was in a suspect vote thread. I probably should have made a separate post as a mini RMT, so kind of my fault tbh :P

EDIT: Also holy shit I need to get better at conveying intentions in text :V I swear half my posts come off condescending or douchey when they're not meant to be :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)