M&M Mix and Mega

Update to the calc:
  1. Fixed weather issues (where Red Orb / Blue Orb, as well as Charzardite Y wouldn't set the weather)
    • This includes weird things like where Charzardite Y would override Blue Orb and weird funky stuff like that
    • Weather also reverts after the weather stone is gone
    • Note: Utility Umbrella is broken, but this is due to the main calc being bad
  2. Added mega stones to the damage calc line (S/O Yuga42 for the idea)
    • 252+ Atk Adaptability Urshifu @ Lucarionite Wicked Blow vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Dragonite @ Altarianite on a critical hit: 153-180 (39.7 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    • 252 Atk Zeraora @ Lopunnite Close Combat vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Zygarde @ Lucarionite: 183-216 (45.1 - 53.3%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Swampertite
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Thunder Punch

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Defog

Latios (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

what should i add to this rain team? im considering adding a magearna but not sure about which set i should use and i'm not sure about what else i should add. i cant think of any others good rain abusers either

Can we discuss potential broken mons again?
I think Urshifu should be voted on:
In week 3 of wcoom it was used in every game and its team won each time.

Imo urshifu-s isn't even the best offensive mon in the tier rn.

Urshifu-s is extremely hard to defensively check but it is doable with basically any bulky mon with recovery + altarianite (hippowdon and dragonite immediately come to mind and ik qt has had some level of success with avalugg) but these come with a pretty noticeable opportunity cost on most teams in that you cant use altarianite as an offensive stone. You can also use mons who naturally have the typing + bulk/recovery to handle urshifus stabs like...just buzzwole, who has a pretty terrible defensive typing in mnm for a physical wall outside of shifu due to the abundance of flying moves. Urshifu does have a myriad of soft and hard offensive checks but its hardly slouch against faster teams thanks to its access to sucker punch, u-turn, and to a lesser extent bulk up. So is urshifu-s broken? quite possibly, it is a huge pain to build around and an even bigger one to play around but there is another mon that I think needs near-immediate attention after wcoom:

image_6_27.png

Zygarde is an overwhelming presences in Mix and Mega. It is able to effectively use both lucarionite and the atespeed stones to create a mon that is even harder to check defensively and very tricky to check offensively. Here is a full list of mons that can be considered zygarde counters: the aforementioned defensive altarianite users and calyrex-ice (very underrated mon but basically only fits on ho). Thousand arrows allows zygarde to beat whatever mon is slotted as a ground check (zapdos, corv, ho-oh) while still being an effective offensive presence thanks to dragon dance and/or e/atespeed. A lot of mons that are great checks for one set falter a lot against the other. Fast ice move users (and buzzwole) get blown away by atespeed, lunala is reliant on shadow shield being up against luczyg, all of the atespeeders are weak to at least one move that zyg can throw out and zyg is unlikely to be revenged due to its very solid bulk + possible dd speed boost, etern (who is also arguably a bigger pain to the meta than urshifu but idt so personally) can be put into awkward guess the sets if zygarde has not megad and is blown away by luc after a dd. All in all, zygarde's versatility makes it a broken mon that is extremely hard to deal with for teams of all types without the inclusion of pretty specific mons that more often than not are hard/otherwise suboptimal to fit in a team.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Thunder Punch

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Defog

Latios (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

what should i add to this rain team? im considering adding a magearna but not sure about which set i should use and i'm not sure about what else i should add. i cant think of any others good rain abusers either
I'm not sure if Latios is a good pick here. Dragon/Psychic has a considerable amount of weaknesses as a defensive type to very common attacks, and its STAB combo is no-sold by a good portion of the bulkier meta. I would replace it with Zapdos as it now has Hurricane and a better defensive typing.

Manectite Magearna is a pretty solid pick in most cases. If you plan on adding Dracovish at some point, you'll have to consider removing Swampertite from Urshifu, not only does Dracovish like Swampertite more but Urshifu-Rapid is very comfortable with other stones such as Metagrossite and Aerodactylite.

Thought I’d share this here because it’s been working well for me and I haven’t seen much hyper offence on this thread. Feedback would be great!

Heatran @ Diancite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Zeraora @ Lopunnite
Ability: Volt Absorb
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Plasma Fists
- Play Rough
- Volt Switch

Mimikyu @ Metagrossite
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speeds
- Dragon Dance
- Brick Break

Shuckle @ Amphorasite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Infestation
- Toxic

Landorus (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Sand Force
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Edit: Some info on how the team works.

I added Zygarde because it’s the best check to AteSpeed Dragonite and is good setup sweeper due to pretty good bulk.

Shuckle with Mold Breaker and the decent typing of Bug/Dragon let’s it pop Stealth Rock and Sticky Web easily and Toxic/Infestation put a dent in whatever the opponent tries to stop it with.

Zeraora has the most spammable STAB move in Close Combat, Plasma Fists provides more good STAB, Play Rough provides coverage, and Volt Switch provides momentum.

Mimikyu has free setup, decent speed and great pre-setup attack, Play Rough provides good STAB, Shadow Sneak has STAB and priority while Drain Punch provides recovery and coverage to go with that excellent offensive typing.

Landorus is easily the best earthquake user in this meta and Pinsirite seemed like the best stone for it as it turns Lando’s Normal moves into great STAB options to go alongside Earthquake. Brick Break beats the Ice types that can threaten it and U-turn provides momentum.

Heatran provides a good switch in to the e-speeders that can threaten Zeraora and is a great Diancite user on a sticky web team that bypasses it’s only decent speed in this meta.

Last edited:

xavgb

:xavgb:
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis the defending Other Metas Circuit Champion
Ahead of the upcoming Mix and Mega Open (don't forget to sign up if you haven't already!), the council voted on another quickban slate consisting of Urshifu-Single-Strike and Eternatus. As always, here are the results:

Andyboy​
Catalystic​
Chazm​
MultiAmmiratore​
Stresh​
Urshifu​
Ban​
Ban​
No Ban​
Ban​
No Ban​
Eternatus​
No Ban​
No Ban​
No Ban​
No Ban​
No Ban​

Urshifu-Single-Strike has been banned from holding mega stones! Tagging The Immortal and Kris to implement this on showdown.

Eternatus' vote ended up being unanimously No Ban, so for now we'll be waiting to see how the meta develops post Urshifu before considering any further votes on Eternatus or any other threats that have seen discussion such as Zygarde. In general though, if you have questions about the meta or future tiering, don't hesitate to ask me or other council members, or even post on this thread if that suits you.

Hello everyone, I'm still retired but I wanted to help Multi out during WCoOMs, so I went on 4 building sprees and built 40 teams in 4 days :) You can find them all in this post.
I've decided to post my favorite team separately, however, to do it some more justice, and maybe to submit it as a sample, if you will.

Schermata 2021-01-17 alle 21.28.03.png (Importable in the image :3 This boomer's slowly learning!!)

The team revolves around Gyarapex: a reliable Lunala and Eternatus counter, this set can also support the team against Ho-Oh and Entei by delaying its mega-evolution. It spreads status even against Sablenite walls, and it can remove important items such as Heavy Duty Boots and Metronome to more effectively cripple Ubers. I recommend Mega-evolving Pex only when you believe that Mold Breaker Toxic/Toxic Spikes is going to be essential during that very turn, or when gaining the Dark typing/losing the Water typing is an absolute defensive necessity.

Zygarde is there as the main Toxic Spikes abuser. It heavily hits several of the mons that are not grounded or immune to Poison (Corviknight, Magearna, Landorus, Toxapex, Eternatus...). Substitute helps it to avoid Intimidate and Will-o-Wisp, and also to rack up Toxic turns. Dragon Tail might not be the most ideal 4th move, one could prefer Pain Split or Outrage; I enjoyed the idea of spreading status more effectively, though. I do not believe the Blissey match-up to be so bad as to warrant it, but one could allocate 188 EVs to HP to create 101HP subs and use the blob as set-up bait.

Lunala's set is easily explained: I was going for a secondary physical wall that could provide momentum, and it does this quite well. Will-o-Wisp allows it to cripple some physical attackers, as well as Steel and Poison types, and Hex has good synergy with it and TSpikes. However, the lack of offensive investment means that it will not hit very hard, so the spread might need some finer tuning.

Regieleki was a mon upon which I looked with extreme skepticism. However, I have to say that it fits really well on this team. I wanted Rapid Spin to avoid fogging away my precious TSpikes, and it gets it. I desperately needed immediate speed control, and Regi provides it in spades, with ESpeed on top of its monstrous Speed stat. Volt Switch pressures Flying-types and bulky Water-types while also providing momentum, and Altarianite grants it Pixilate, with which it can scare off Fighting-types and Zygarde. Finally, Explosion is a one-time nuke that, if used timely, can bring you back from a bad position.

Pinsirite Magearna pulls off work against Ground-types such as Excadrill and Landorus-T, spreading status with Tri Attack in the process. Furthermore, it can freely exploit Blissey as set up bait. If allowed to set up, it is usually bulky enough to threaten a sweep.

There is something enjoyable in Calm Mind sweepers coupled with TSpikes, and that is why my Slowbro also follows down that path, while providing bulk and more status chances. You may think it redundant, with a Toxapex, but Slowbro allows Pex to Mega-evolve with less opportunity cost, doubling down as a Ho-Oh and Entei counter while also covering Zygarde and Terrakion; plus, a double Regenerator core pre-mega is really convenient, at times.

I feel like the ban of Urshifu-S made this team more reliable, as it lacked a true counter to it, and had to resort to Gyaradosite guessing games. Threats that are still relevant include:

-Noivern: it hits everything quite hard. Taunt sets obviously screw over Toxapex and Magearna, invalidating their countering attempts. It hits Zygarde through the sub, and nothing but Regieleki can retaliate immediately.

- Electric-types: Weirdly, while Zeraora is manageable thanks to Lunala (unless Pinsirite Facade), other mons such as Zapdos, Tapu Koko, and opposing Regieleki require careful plays, and can force a preemptive Toxapex Mega-evolution. Pinsirite Regieleki and Zapdos can remove TSpikes while being immune to it, so they are hard to whittle down.

-Poison-types: The team has means to threaten them, of course, but since they remove TSpikes by merely coming on the field, the match-up is immediately more tedious when facing Eternatus, Toxapex, or even Toxtricity. Toxapex is hard to whittle down but fails to threaten back. Eternatus can be quite problematic until Metronome is knocked off. Toxtricity is very hard to stop if given a chance to set-up.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Do not hesitate to give this team (and more importantly, this metagame!) a try :3 Gman loves you all :blobnom:

Last edited:
Got to Top 500 in the M&M Ladder with a singular team, so I'll post it here.
1611333311757.png

1611340228511.png

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Scizorite
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Regieleki @ Glalitite
Ability: Transistor
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion
- Wild Charge
- Rapid Spin

Dragonite @ Pinsirite
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Roost

Entei @ Altarianite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum

Lunala @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Solgaleo @ Metagrossite
Ability: Full Metal Body
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike
- Psychic Fangs
- Flare Blitz

Rapid Strike Urshifu is really fun to use with a Scizorite, because of its access to Technician, making Surging Strikes effectively base 112.5 and it always crits. Also, Aqua Jet gets a big benefit from Technician, giving Urshifu a base 60 priority move. The last two moves can be whatever, but I used Close Combat and U-turn for momentum and fighting STAB.

When it comes to anti-hazard leads, you can't really go wrong with Regieleki. Refrigerate from a Glalitite makes it unable to be spin-blocked, as well as having a base 96 Ice-type Extreme Speed and base 300 Explosion. Trust me, I've taken out a lot of mons with lead Regieleki, from Extreme Speed to Explosion.

We all know about Aerilate Dragonite, dragon dances up, mega evolves, and sweeps. Pinsirite allows Dragonite to get STAB on Extreme Speed, Earthquake for coverage, yeah you get it.

Entei with an Altarianite hits really hard, and gives the team a Fairy type. Along with this, Extreme Speed is Fairy STAB and Sacred Fire burns 50% of the time, which can really help out. Stone Edge and Stomping Tantrum also gives the fire dog some good coverage to hit plenty of mons supereffectively.

Lunala exists because my team desparately needed a special attacker, else I'd get walled out by Slowbronite users. Specs allows Lunala to hit like a freight train with Moongeist Beam, plus Ice Beam and Moonblast for coverage and Thunder because I got tilted by a rain team on the ladder.

Solgaleo is a really fast sweeper, as well as getting Tough Claws from its Metagrossite. Sunsteel Strike hits hard, Flare Blitz hits Steels, Psychic Fangs is STAB and abuses any Psychic Terrains that any Tapu Leles set up, and Earthquake exists for coverage.

That's the team. Almost went undefeated to top 500, but a rain team tilted me, destroyed me, and made me add Thunder on Lunala.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)