Ladder Monotype [Read post #393 for Tiering Updates]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we should call these "complex" bans since smogon is still trying to avoid doing such things and it doesn't give an intuitive feel for what it actually is. I suggest calling them "Half" or "Mono" Bans to avoid confusion with the community outside of monotype.
Also considering we are bringing things like Genesect back, I feel like it would be healthy to bring Shaymin-S down (only for grass) even if it's just for the initial trial run of this until things start getting banned, at which point we can re-ban it. Seeing as there are many more viable ways to deal with it since Gen6's release with the increase in priority moves and faster pokemon, this isn't as bold a statement as in Gen5 when it was clearly unhealthy for anything.
I'd also be interested in seeing kyurem-w on an ice team.
These lower-tiered/neglected types need help.

I don't think we should call these "complex" bans since smogon is still trying to avoid doing such things and it doesn't give an intuitive feel for what it actually is. I suggest calling them "Half" or "Mono" Bans to avoid confusion with the community outside of monotype.
Also considering we are bringing things like Genesect back, I feel like it would be healthy to bring Shaymin-S down (only for grass) even if it's just for the initial trial run of this until things start getting banned, at which point we can re-ban it. Seeing as there are many more viable ways to deal with it since Gen6's release with the increase in priority moves and faster pokemon, this isn't as bold a statement as in Gen5 when it was clearly unhealthy for anything.
I completely agree with this. Some of the lower tier types like grass and ice could use some help. I think it could call for a more balanced meta with having a variety of types instead of the same 5 types that are mostly ran today.

While I am ok with the unbanning of most of bans. I do agree ghost does need a little umph it is lackluster besides aegis and gengar tbh.

Personally, I'd love to have a Shaymin to abuse in my Grass team but as Articuno said, Shaymin-S was the only Pokemon that was unanimously banned (I've got to play the part where I argue 24/7 even though I want it to happen). Combined with its above average speed and decent Sp Atk it can easily sweep through unprepared teams. Not only that, it gets Serene Grace making it Togekiss on steroids but unlike Togekiss, it gets the coverage that it needs in the form of Earth Power. With that, it'll KO Max HP + Sp Def Heatran 93% of the time (Life Orb). Something that Togekiss can never do, even with a Nasty Plot. See something bulky? Spam Seed Flare and get that -2 drop 80% of the time.

Seed Flare:
252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin-S Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 153-183 (21.7 - 25.9%) -- 4.7% chance to 4HKO (w/o -2)252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin-S Seed Flare vs. -2 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 308-364 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO (-2)

Air Slash:
252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin-S Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 97-114 (13.7 - 16.1%) -- possible 7HKO (w/o -2)
252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin-S Air Slash vs. -2 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 195-230 (27.6 - 32.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (-2)

So Seed Flare once, hopefully get the -2 drop, then Air Slash 3/4 times and that's one dead Chansey. Also, since Seed Flare / Earth Power / Air Slash is only resisted by Zapdos, Skarmory and the Thundurus's you can choose between Substitute, HP Fire (Scizor), or HP Ice as your last move. They both have their uses.

Lets say Shaymin-S is allowed in Monotype. Then the only way to beat it would be to run something faster like a scarf, or Crobat, Aerodactyl, and Jolteon. However, this only limits it to Electric, Rock, and Flying monotypes. Not only that, Ferrothorn and easily wall Jolteon and Crobat (and Aero if it doesn't carry Fire Fang). Aero is killed by a common scarfer.
Scarves will usually try to hit it with super effective moves, but keep in mind that you have a Thick Fat Venusaur in your party, and a Ferrothorn that can take all the poison / rock moves you throw at it. But scarves are the best way to beat Shaymin and they're common enough.
Your other option is priority. Luckily Ice Shard absolutely demolishes Shaymin-S but it's limited to Ice, Water and Ground monos. (Mamoswine and Cloyster) Once again, Mamoswine / Cloyster is dealt by Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur.

There are also other moves like: Shadow Sneak, Aqua Jet, ExtremeSpeed, Vacuum Wave, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, and Sucker Punch.

Already, Aqua Jet, Vacuum, and Mach Punch are resisted. Mach Punch / Aqua Jet are some of the most popular priority moves out there. Also, keep in mind that Shaymin's defenses 100/75/75 are pretty good in OU.

Bullet Punch is mostly from Scizor. Phy Bulky Venusaur can easily take one and retaliate with Hp Fire (if it carries it), or switch into Ferrothorn and rack up thorns / helmet damage. Your last option is to stay in and take it before killing it with HP Fire.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shaymin-S: 205-243 (60.1 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Extremespeed is from Dragonites and stuff but once again, Ferrothorn says Hi. (Luckily for Grass Monotypers a majority of Dragonites run Earthquake instead of Fire Punch to hit the ever present Heatran.)

Shadow Sneak shouldn't do that much damage if it's unboosted. Also, the only viable Pokemon with it is Spiritomb / Banette and Shedinja.

Basically Shaymin's easily fast enough to sweep through teams w/o scarf making a scarf mon necessary if it's allowed in Monotype since it's the only way to beat it unless if you're a Water / Ground / Ice user. Even then, Grass has Pokemon who can sweep through these kind of teams (Notably Breloom). However, I'll be happy to see Shaymin get a trial run.

Also, about Kyurem-W, it'd absolutely rekt slow / bulky / stall teams. And unlike Kyurem-B it actually has a useable movepool

Last edited:
Yeah, i feel like grass and ghost need to be buffed, but please no kyurem w in ice x.x that thing is op af as it shits on every special wall in the meta bar blissey and chansey obv. Also, the reason of these unbans, was that when x&y started, they were unbanned and we pretty much didnt have any problem with any of them, maybe aegislash but it has only been out for ghost, which i can understand why. Overall, i really like the fact of them doing unbans, and i hope to see shaymin-sky and potentially giratina origin, but im not sure about regular giratina, because its too damn bulky and that cm set mentioned is a real problem. Although shaymin-s can shit on alot of teams (use shield dust caterpie,totally counters it) and giratina origin can also do the same, so im not sure if it would be healthy for the metagame, but if i were to give an answer now, id say to keep them banned.

Last edited:
Hoo boy, I don't check in for a few days and see what happens.

Anyways, I approve of the new system , but I'm not 100% sure on the choices. I guess time will tell whether just banning Damp Rock on Water is enough, as well as other previous OU bans like Genesect.

I feel like it might be unwise to ban stuff like Giratina, Shaymin-S, etc. These things actually do have a difference from stuff like aegislash and genesect. Stuff like giratina and shaymin-s were on the initial banlist for the generation; they were deemed obviously too powerful to stay in the meta. On the other hand, pokemon like aegislash, genesect, and mega mawile were more unclear, requiring suspect tests rather than quick bans.

Edit: And I still don't really get why genesect is being unbanned...

Hoo boy, I don't check in for a few days and see what happens.

Anyways, I approve of the new system , but I'm not 100% sure on the choices. I guess time will tell whether just banning Damp Rock on Water is enough, as well as other previous OU bans like Genesect.
At least something was done or so bout rain just a little. I don't necessarily agree with the unbanning of certain things at all (I despise the idea of bringing Genesect back into the fold for example) and feel a little appalled at the idea of letting stuff like Giratina and Shaymin down to play. Some complex bans are fine I guess but if you are really considering unbanning ubers, there really must be a lot of testing instead of just deciding, "Ya, lets drop it" cause the notion of Giratina and K-W dropping does scare the shit out of me (don't even need to say what Shaymin-S makes me wonder).

I feel like it might be unwise to ban stuff like Giratina, Shaymin-S, etc. These things actually do have a difference from stuff like aegislash and genesect. Stuff like giratina and shaymin-s were on the initial banlist for the generation; they were deemed obviously too powerful to stay in the meta. On the other hand, pokemon like aegislash, genesect, and mega mawile were more unclear, requiring suspect tests rather than quick bans.

Edit: And I still don't really get why Genesect is being un-banned...
This is exactly why I'm saying other things should be brought down from Ubers for the preliminary phases. Genesect itself is obviously too powerful, in my eyes, to be allowed in an OU level meta-game. You may not see it as such, but just as you see other things as obviously too powerful, perhaps I do not. Basically each thing needs to be given a fair chance to be tested. If we are bringing down anything that is too powerful, we should bring down all others that could be reasonably in question. We all know that Genesect and any others will eventually be banned anyways, don't we? So why even bother trying it to begin with if we are just cranking the same gears that were already turned at the start of the generation? The whole point is to see where this goes. I'm saying if we are going to go all the way through with retesting things, let's not half-bake it by cutting things without giving them a chance. We all know that people are going to abuse the Ubers for the first few days until they are re-banned, and chances are: you will too.

I don't feel like Shaymin-s is still obviously too powerful (even if we all feel that way) after the generation change any more than anything else, seeing as none of us have even seen how it behaves in the Gen 6 OU meta. Plus, there is the whole thing where we bring stuff like Deoxys-s/d (which we all know are too powerful but we use as a baseline to see what else is too powerful) back to see how the meta-game works around them. Plenty of things will be getting Ubered very quickly. What's the harm in testing one more thing that has not actually been tested before?
...and just saying: 252 SpA Jolteon Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Shaymin-S: 292-348 (85.6 - 102%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock ; plus nearly every team carries some form of priority to finish it off.
Isn't it common knowledge that combination grass+flying types have more weaknesses than any other existing type combination?

On the other side of the fence there are the main Ubers from each generation which should stay Ubers simply because they are on a whole other level with their typing, base stats, and special moves.

Last edited:
This is exactly why I'm saying other things should be brought down from Ubers for the preliminary phases. Genesect itself is obviously too powerful, in my eyes, to be allowed in an OU level meta-game. You may not see it as such, but just as you see other things as obviously too powerful, perhaps I do not. Basically each thing needs to be given a fair chance to be tested. If we are bringing down anything that is too powerful, we should bring down all others that could be reasonably in question. We all know that Genesect and any others will eventually be banned anyways, don't we? So why even bother trying it to begin with if we are just cranking the same gears that were already turned at the start of the generation? The whole point is to see where this goes. I'm saying if we are going to go all the way through with retesting things, let's not half-bake it by cutting things without giving them a chance. We all know that people are going to abuse the Ubers for the first few days until they are re-banned, and chances are: you will too.

I don't feel like Shaymin-s is still obviously too powerful (even if we all feel that way) after the generation change any more than anything else, seeing as none of us have even seen how it behaves in the Gen 6 OU meta. Plus, there is the whole thing where we bring stuff like Deoxys-s/d (which we all know are too powerful but we use as a baseline to see what else is too powerful) back to see how the meta-game works around them. Plenty of things will be getting Ubered very quickly. What's the harm in testing one more thing that has not actually been tested before?
...and just saying: 252 SpA Jolteon Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Shaymin-S: 292-348 (85.6 - 102%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock ; plus nearly every team carries some form of priority to finish it off.
Isn't it common knowledge that grass+flying types have more weaknesses than any other existing type combination?

On the other side of the fence there are the main Ubers from each generation which should stay Ubers simply because they are on a whole other level with their typing, base stats, and special moves.
lol Grass/Flying has 5 weaknesses. Combos like Psychic/Rock and Ice/Grass have 7.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Considering what else exists in the tier, like the newly unbanned Genesect, I'm pretty positive that the tier is either gonna go the route of unbanning ubers, or banning everything. It's chosen the former route, and could even continue with it with a few other unbans (Shaymin Sky for Grass, Kyurem White for Ice, Talonflame for Fire (We can do complex bans now, woo), while also considering bans within the meta (Medichamite in fighting, for example). This is a completely different metagame from OU, and while there are still strong Pokemon, exceptionally strong Pokemon, there are weaker types that need them and stronger types that need fewer. This isn't as simple as remeshing the game haphazardly. To be completely honest, it should go through a series of tests to see what works and what doesn't not just snap decisions.
You want to unban Giratina and Shaymin-sky? You want to unban Talonflame? YOU WANT TO UNBAN KYUREM WHITE AND ARCEUS GHOST? WHAT. Ok..... Just... ok.

I understand that we have new unbanning things! New complex bans! Yay! Exciting! But,,, your choices are just so... bad. Our goal to unbanning isn't to make one type viable (like grass for shaymin sky, or fucking arceus for ghost) yet to make every type balanced. If you have to add a pokemon to a type, and that's when it becomes balanced, it's not balanced. That is just anti-meta.

Also, if you think that shaymin-sky is balanced, you are very mistaken. Shaymin-sky was sent to ubers because of it's ability, serene grace. a 30% chance flinch move and a 40% chance double Special defense drop move, both with strong, 127 base speed stab, and no possible way to defend against it, yup. Very Viable in Monotype.

Last edited:
I don't know why your counterpoint to him was to cite two very uncommon type combinations that don't compliment each other in the slightest. Let's go ahead and note a few other Pokemon if we're doing that: Steel/Bug, Dark/Poison, Ghost/Dark. Each of these type combinations have exactly one weakness, while Shaymin sports a total of 5. It's not a question of its defensive capabilities, because there's no question that Shaymin is relatively frail in its Sky Forme. When we're looking at Shaymin, we should consider it, instead, against Pokemon like it--Pokemon with access to Serene Grace and Pokemon that fill a glass cannon role on the special side. It's irrelevant to consider typing as the primary means here, because we're not considering its defensive abilities. In reality, it's 4x weak to a priority that appears in OU (Mamoswine's Ice Shard), and if we're talking about how threatening it is defensively, we're also obligated to talk about its checks and counters.

244 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shaymin-S: 437-515 (128.1 - 151%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I didn't ask for anything with the exception of Giratina in regards to ghost (Which, suspiciously, is not even mentioned in your post except in the first sentence, but instead Deoxys Ghost(???)), but rather mentioned other things I've heard people ask for in regards to their typing in response to this new banlist being posted. I completely support the idea of opening up an ubers metagame in a testing phase to determine what works in monotype and what doesn't. Like before, I've given suggestions and I've given reasons behind them, but instead of looking through the reasons and giving meaningful responses, people are just like, LOLno. The people mentioning Calm Mind Giratina were the ones that actually read the first post, and that's the concern with opening it up to the meta. In that same regard, certain other sets would be concerns in introducing any new mons to this, but if we're not unbanning, we're banning. There is a definite skew in favor of certain types.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't ask for anything with the exception of Giratina in regards to ghost (Which, suspiciously, is not even mentioned in your post except in the first sentence, but instead Deoxys Ghost(???)), but rather mentioned other things I've heard people ask for in regards to their typing in response to this new banlist being posted. I completely support the idea of opening up an ubers metagame in a testing phase to determine what works in monotype and what doesn't. Like before, I've given suggestions and I've given reasons behind them, but instead of looking through the reasons and giving meaningful responses, people are just like, LOLno. The people mentioning Calm Mind Giratina were the ones that actually read the first post, and that's the concern with opening it up to the meta. In that same regard, certain other sets would be concerns in introducing any new mons to this, but if we're not unbanning, we're banning. There is a definite skew in favor of certain types.
Of course there are skews to types, but instead of buffing types first, lets just take steps in the direction of getting what needs to be gone, gone first before suggesting dropping stuff.

You want to unban Giratina and Shaymin-sky? You want to unban Deoxys ghost? YOU WANT TO UNBAN KYUREM WHITE AND TALONFLAME? WHAT. Ok..... Just... ok.

I understand that we have new unbanning things! New complex bans! Yay! Exciting! But,,, your choices are just so... bad. Our goal to unbanning isn't to make one type viable (like grass for shaymin sky, or fucking arceus for ghost) yet to make every type balanced. If you have to add a pokemon to a type, and that's when it becomes balanced, it's not balanced. That is just anti-meta.

Also, if you think that shaymin-sky is balanced, you are very mistaken. Shaymin-sky was sent to ubers because of it's ability, serene grace. a 30% chance flinch move and a 40% chance double Special defense drop move, both with strong, 127 base speed stab, and no possible way to defend against it, yup. Very Viable in Monotype.
You didn't say a thing about Genesect, does that mean you think it is somehow balanced? I doubt anyone is considering Arceus-anything.
252 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shaymin-S: 362-428 (106.1 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Now, tell me it hasn't become more balanced since Gen 5.

Of course there are skews to types, but instead of buffing types first, lets just take steps in the direction of getting what needs to be gone, gone first before suggesting dropping stuff.
I agree, but what I'm saying is that if we are going to drop ridiculous things like Gensect, we shouldn't bypass all the others. We either shouldn't allow Genesect or we should give the following list a try in OU Monotype:

Aegislash (only for ghost)
Blaziken
Genesect (only for bug)
Kyurem-W (only for ice)
Shaymin-S (only for grass)
Talonflame

...and while we are using stupidly powerful things; un-ban all Mega-items until we re-confirm their over-powered-ness.
Otherwise we shouldn't even bother with allowing Gensect back into the tier, just allow Aegislash for ghost, maybe Mawilite for fairy, and forget Talonflame along with the rest. Psychic sure as hell doesn't need support from Deoxys-anything.

You didn't say a thing about Genesect, does that mean you think it is somehow balanced? I doubt anyone is considering Arceus-anything.
252 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shaymin-S: 362-428 (106.1 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Now, tell me it hasn't become more balanced since Gen 5.

I agree, but what I'm saying is that if we are going to drop ridiculous things like Gensect, we shouldn't bypass all the others. We either shouldn't allow Genesect or we should give the following list a try in OU Monotype:

Aegislash (only for ghost)
Blaziken
Genesect (only for bug)
Kyurem-W (only for ice)
Shaymin-S (only for grass)
Talonflame

...and while we are using stupidly powerful things; un-ban all Mega-items until we re-confirm their over-powered-ness.
Otherwise we shouldn't even bother with allowing Gensect back into the tier, just allow Aegislash for ghost, maybe Mawilite for fairy, and forget Talonflame along with the rest. Psychic sure as hell doesn't need support from Deoxys-anything.

I'm not touching Genesect since its a whole other topic I don't have time to go into, but its what they decided so got to go with it and see how it plays out. Maybe my memory is fuzzy from when it was allowed in the tier to remember it, but I doubt some of those things can even be considered healthy. Also, in regards to your Shaymin-Sky comment, sure its become easier to check, but full on counter it has not. Anything can and will be checked as there are multiple options to do so, but saying its become more manageable by checking is not a good way to state that it can now be dropped.

Before anyone else mentions any sort of counters to ubers pokemon, I want to mention that this is monotype, not OU; most teams normally cannot use powerful counters against them. In addition, people still don't seem to see the difference between the gen's initial banlist and pokemon banned from suspect tests: the initial banlist had general consensus to be obviously too powerful for the meta. On the other hand, suspect tested pokemon were not obviously too powerful, due to factors that limited their ability. If there were no general consensus required for the initial banlist, pokemon like deoxys or genesect would not be unbanned at the beginning of each generation. If a pokemon is generally agreed upon to be difficult to counter in OU, then in monotype, where fewer options are available, the problem would be exacerbated (seriously, how many types have good ice shard users). While I'm all for the possibility of unbanning things, I feel that the initial banlist + quick bans would serve as a good line between what we can or cannot unban. After all new bans and (suspect test) unbans are taken care of, it might be better to move on to the initial banlist if people really still want to.

On another note, if that ever does end up happening, maybe a separate ladder could be created (possibly temporarily replacing the normal ladder, like what happened with ubers) to test unbans from the initial banlist.

I think the best way for us to move forwards, regardless of our initial ideas about what should and should exist in the metagame, is to rather create a ranking system for the different types (You could do frequency of them on the top ladder, but that can be difficult to identify at times), to identify which types are in need of help and which types may need nerfs. It looks like a quick judgment of this was done for the ban of Damp Rock and the unbanning of Genesect and such, but we should have a more definite system when we work at more difficult decisions, like potentially unbanning certain other ubers in the future.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
I think the best way for us to move forwards, regardless of our initial ideas about what should and should exist in the metagame, is to rather create a ranking system for the different types (You could do frequency of them on the top ladder, but that can be difficult to identify at times), to identify which types are in need of help and which types may need nerfs. It looks like a quick judgment of this was done for the ban of Damp Rock and the unbanning of Genesect and such, but we should have a more definite system when we work at more difficult decisions, like potentially unbanning certain other ubers in the future.
I am going to be honest. Practically every other Ubers mon that is not retested in mono was either quick banned (At the start of the tier, or without a suspect) or are like arceus, and are too good for OU. There are practically no other mon from ubers that can be dropped down.
We're trying to make the meta better, not complicate it.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
If we're going to re-suspect talonflame at one point, since we can do complex bans now, I'd also like to see "Ban Gale Wings" on the table. It still gives flying teams a will-o-wisper and something useful against ice, while bug, grass, and fighting teams can still revenge it with their scarfer or thunder wave it or whatever. Talonflame's still plenty fast without Gale Wings (base 126!), but I feel that the priority brave birds are what pushed it over the edge.

This is,in my opinion, a good idea because if we want establish Monotype as a different tiers of OU, we need to see if things are broken in OU are it in Monotype.

• I think that Gengarite can be allowed too because M-Gengar was banned for trap some Pokemons such as Scarf Terrakion Close Combat.
So, in monotype, trap a specific type is useless.

• Shaymin-Sky can offer a chance to Grass to be more used but as there is said, Flinch-Serenate with a great Speed and Sp Att can be an issue.

• Kyurem-S ... It's a joke, he is more powerfull than Kyurem-B and the moveset are better, STAB Spe Ice, dragon, with Steel, ground moves, he should be immediatly banned.

(Sorry for my bad English, it isn't my language).

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tbh, I agree with Naten here, ghost types do need a decent defogger and even though Giratina a bulky monster, it can still be taken down and also, it's only way of recovery is Rest and Lefties, and since knock off is common on a lot of types, it mostly relies on Rest for recovery.
Also, I propose Shaymin-Sky to be unbanned only for grass monos since they need a buff, because they're rarely used. Yes, it can be a terrifying wallbreaking sweeper, but almost all the teams carry ice moves/AV/Scarfs that can beat it.
TL;DR Unban Giratina (Not the Origin) on ghost monos only and Shaymin-Sky on grass monos only since we're already complex banning.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
pffft the level of idiocy
1. naten not everybody uses ground/ice so saying that mamoswine kos pokemon x or pokemon y is very redundant considering most monotypes tend to go towards water/fighting/steel.
2. Unbannng for viailities sake is complete idiocy. if grass mono is pathetic nothing we can do about it some types unless very well made are just meant to lag in the shadows.
3. KYUREM MOTHERFUCKING WHITE FOR RREAL YOU ALL SHOULD THINK BEFORE A POST MAN THAT SHIT IS LIKE RAPE ON A RAPE TEST WITHIN A RAPE HOSPITAL
252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 273-322 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 273-322 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 219-258 (31.1 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

shit man its op
other than that these unbans bans and all seem really intresting as now normal has some sort of chance with mega lopunny vs steel!

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Hang on just a minute. People are talking about some pretty big unbans, and I'm not sure people understand just how OP these pokemon are.

Mega gengar: No. This thing is being suspected in Ubers. If you're even considering unbanning you're doing something wrong.

Shaymin-s: Nope. Only thing ever to get a unanimous ban vote I believe, this this shouldn't be unbanned.

Kyurem-W: Dat 170 base SpA along with Draco Meteor, Ice Beam (or even blizzard on ice teams), decent bulk, and the ability to use scarf or specs? lolnope.

Compared to these, Aegi and Genesect are pretty useless, and by no means overcentralising. We'd like all teams to be decent, sure, but if you allow Kyurem-W on ice teams suddenly they beat flying 100% of the time, whereas Genesect doesn't automatically beat any single team thus making it far less broken. It may yet be banned, sure, but let's not forget just how different these pokemon are.

Articuno, if we want have a Monotype tiers who is different of normal meta, we have to think differently too, M-Gengar is used as Perish Songer with Shadow Tag and, as i said to trap Scarf Normal, fighting moves.
It was this reason who was banned from OU, but we aren't in OU, we are talking about monotype, it's not the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)