Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Alright. So just continue to try to hit 2248? I mean, I am not sure what I have to do to get that close. Seems like I was off only by a little bit, on however I got 2255. xD

I see. Though I might wait to start the game over again, to abuse my ID/SID.

@ darkmattr: A few days earlier, someone answered a similar question. He posted that you should not be using international parents. I don't know the reason for this, but perhaps, if you've got it set to international parents, you should get it off that on your next try.

Reposting this:

I'm trying to RNG a shiny beldum for a friend with another game, so instead of using my ID and SID in shiny finder I'm using theirs. 3 times now I've hit the correct time, delay, flips, and taps only to have the egg show up timid(all 3 times) when I was going for adamant. Is there anything special you have to do in order to try and breed a pokemon so it will hatch shiny in someone else's game?

(Ive used shinyfinder successfully for myself multiple times so I'm positive Im not doing anything wrong as far as instruction goes)

Only thing I can think of trying at this point is using my ID in shiny finder with his SID, I'll probably try this tonight unless someone can give me a concrete answer.
I've never RNGed for another person before, but I have read (someone posted it once) that you aren't suppose to use the international option or click it (??? you'll need someone else to verify because I've never used international parents before). So if you are, this may be the reason.

^ Yup verified, thanks Riski lol

I think you can use them for breeding, you just shouldn't use that option in the reporter or w/e.

Alright. So just continue to try to hit 2248? I mean, I am not sure what I have to do to get that close. Seems like I was off only by a little bit, on however I got 2255. xD

I see. Though I might wait to start the game over again, to abuse my ID/SID.
New page

^ Actually, you're trying to 2248 when you hit 2255? That's not too far, you can adjust that yourself. But if you're trying to hit an even delay when you're hitting odd delays, you're never going to hit that even delay.

If you have a 3rd gen game, insert it into your ds.

Well my recent delay is 2249. So it is close. Though I guess I could change the year from 2010 to 2011, to get 2247.

And no I don't have a 3rd gen game.

@Sasuke, the method is method 1, and the frame is whatever your seed says it is.

@Shuroken, do what it takes to hit even delays, not odd. Yes, you can add the 2255 (or 2254 when you start getting even results) into Pikatimer's other delay if you see it show up more than once, otherwise get used to the delay swinging a tiny bit back and forth until you hit your target delay. You have to keep trying.

Shurokun, the easiest thing for you to do would be keeping the year at 2010 and simply scroll down at the Continue menu during the second timer. If you scroll down until it shifts to the bottom half of the options, it will add 1 to your delay.

Alright. Since I hit 2249 as my last delay. Should I change the year to 2011 or should I keep it at 2010 and try to hit the 2248?

I mean it seems I hit more odd delays than even. I do have a cartage in my GBA slot, though it is that GBA protector thing so that shouldn't matter.

Cprime: Um. Okay, I guess I can try that as well.

Unknown Warrior, yes, PikaTimer works, and it's not too hard either. If you follow the steps on the first page of this thread, entering the desired PID, picking an ID/SID combo between 5500 and 6000, etc, you should be good to go. You can plug the IDs you end up with (wrong delays) back into RNG Reporter and find out what delay you hit. Then you can adjust with PikaTimer.

Unknown Warrior, yes, PikaTimer works, and it's not too hard either. If you follow the steps on the first page of this thread, entering the desired PID, picking an ID/SID combo between 5500 and 6000, etc, you should be good to go. You can plug the IDs you end up with (wrong delays) back into RNG Reporter and find out what delay you hit. Then you can adjust with PikaTimer.
What is the calibrated delay on a new game though? I know my target seed, I know my target delay and the delay I average (~4000). I just need to know how to fill in Pikatimer.

I just set up PikaTimer the exact same way I always do. Same calibrated delay, calibrated seconds, and wanted seconds.

Man. I love that tip about the advancing one delay by Cprime. It has always given me a even delay.

Though this game is refusing for me to get the 2248 delay, but gets me there close.

Ok, maybe I'm just really naive at this whole process, but what is the purpose of calibrating your delay? If you're using Pikatimer, couldn't you (theoretically) hit any delay you needed to, provided you know the fastest possible amount of time that you could get in. Obviously if you can't get in game faster than 500, then you wouldn't want a delay sooner than that, but since you're not hitting A until that delay anyways, why should it matter if you have a calibrated delay or not?

Again, maybe I'm just SUPER naive.

Is there a reason, I seem to get close to my delay or over it?

Last one, I hit 2244, when my delay is 2248.
And the one before that was 2250.

Okay, I finally hit my delay! *cheers*

But here is the thing. Since I did what, I believe Cprime said, to do, where I put my - + boxes as 99/99. And 9 seconds for the seconds box.

So when I hit my delay I had the time at 12:28:49. The box above what I want to hit is 12:27:50. Did I hit the delay or if not, should I change the seconds to 0?

I'm doing my second RNG in diamond and I've run into a problem. I'm hitting my delay, frame and time perfectly. My coin flips match what I should be getting, but the egg I'm hatching doesn't have the correct IV's.

Does anybody have an idea why I amn't getting the right IV's? Thanks for any help.
Couldn't it also be that the parents might not have the right IVs?

What reklaw says is valid. If you use a flawless Ditto and look for spreads such as 31/A/31/A/31/A with your Ditto being the first parent placed in the daycare then you'll be sure that the baby is flawless.

I am not trying to teach you DPPt. Taking the calibration for granted in HGSS because someone told you to use a certain seconds for calibrated and 50 for wanted is probably one of the reasons why you have been having hard time getting further with your RNG efforts. You didn't do the necessary first steps to really understand the process, which is how fast your get into your game usually before you even do an RNG. If you never checked what your game is doing when it starts, then you're missing out on details that will help you later on other RNG projects where 50 wanted seconds might actually be a bad time to ask for on Pikatimer. You just gave yourself days of uncertainty about how your DSi works. If you'd been more certain, you'd probably have gone to the next step of getting the right delay with a lot less trouble.

I didn't do what you said but I did mess around with my calibrated seconds when I was only off by a second. I dropped the calibrated seconds it took to get into my game, 16, down to 14 and I eventually hit my delay for the first time. But I messed up somewhere else because I didn't get the right Groudon I was going for.

Okay, I finally hit my delay! *cheers*

But here is the thing. Since I did what, I believe Cprime said, to do, where I put my - + boxes as 99/99. And 9 seconds for the seconds box.

So when I hit my delay I had the time at 12:28:49. The box above what I want to hit is 12:27:50. Did I hit the delay or if not, should I change the seconds to 0?
Your delay has to also be the exact same time as the one you generated originally. If it isn't you didn't hit the right one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)