Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Aside from hitting your calibrated delay...it doesn't really matter all too much if your target delay is 800 or 3000. It's just pikatimer running and telling you when to hit a.

That aside, keep in mind that there are 60delays in one second...so even if you "think" you hit the ping in pikatimer right, there's no real guarantee that you hit your wanted delay. This is why you have to be consistent with pikatimer and patient with yourself.

If you're not used to pikatimer, you can always use an analog clock and adjust accordingly (I don't use pikatimer at all but I can still hit high delays). You just need to do a few calibrations and you'll get there. ;)

Okay, so I just successfully PRNG-abused my ID/SID for Platinum (Modest and Timid hexflawless shiny, WHAT. Group 3619 in OmegaDonut's spreadsheet on page 1 if you care).

I have to ask, has anyone else noticed seconds issues with PikaTimer when you make single, large adjustments? I was looking at a delay of 8202, and when I would adjust, the first timer staying the same caused my ultimate seconds to be off, so I had to manually adjust it (which I had no idea I could do previously btw. very nice). I imagine it's because on smaller delays (HGSS shiny egg/IV abuse for instance), the change in the second timer after an adjustment is small enough to not amount to more than a second on the full time (first timer + second timer), though really I have no idea. All I do know for sure is that PikaTimer is truly great stuff when you learn how to use it.

And thanks again to the people who participate in this thread. Your time is seriously appreciated.

I dunno if it's the right place - and if it1s not, i dunno where the right place is, but...
Has RNG research on B&W started yet?
If it has, then RNG how's it coming along and is there any way I can help?

I dunno if it's the right place - and if it1s not, i dunno where the right place is, but...
Has RNG research on B&W started yet?
If it has, then RNG how's it coming along and is there any way I can help?
Hi Dea! You might wanna check here http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61090&page=13 and here http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79340

So far I think they're still doing some tests (i.e. how to advance the frame, how many frames does an NPC advance, etc.).

Dea I think your tip is working. I keep getting closer and closer. Last try I had a delay of 627 and a time of 20:02:16. 12 more delay and I had my seed grr :naughty:

Dea I think your tip is working. I keep getting closer and closer. Last try I had a delay of 627 and a time of 20:02:16. 12 more delay and I had my seed grr :naughty:
In case you're having a hard time hitting your target seed, you can adjust the date of your DS. Just make sure of your usual delay. :)

In case you're having a hard time hitting your target seed, you can adjust the date of your DS. Just make sure of your usual delay. :)
The prob I was having is that I did hit the right delay, but the time was wrong. Like I needed 20:02:16 and I was getting 20:02:15 hihi. And I want the date of my birthday when I turn 16 on the catchdate so I don't want to change the date since this is my fav pokémon :P but thanks for the tip will do it in the future with other pokés. And again I hit a close delay 645 20:02:16 grrr...!

Okay, I found a delay that I can hit. But first I need one more thing before I start.

What if I don't have any caught or defeated pokemon in my journal pages? Because everytime I keep changing the year/date on my ds, an extra journal page adds to my journal and I lose one of the pages of the caught and defated pokemon. So now I only have one page of a pokemon that I've caught. =/

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would strongly suggest populating journal with that new date by at least capturing something as simple as a bidoof, starly or even a kricketot or doduo in a quick ball, then head back to stark mountain.

I would strongly suggest populating journal with that new date by at least capturing something as simple as a bidoof, starly or even a kricketot or doduo in a quick ball, then head back to stark mountain.
Alright. I'll do that.

And how much frame did you say that a page of a caught pokemon costs?

You did say each page of a caught pokemon costs 2 frame points, didn't you?

if you did, then why did you say that the pages of the mantyke, mesprite and rotom that I caught cost +2 frame points when the guide said they cost this much?

Mesprit = 5

Rotom = 1

Mantyke = 3 (without the sweet scent)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Those pokemon are their starting frames. Ignore those as heatran starts at 1. each caught/defeated pokemon journal entry advances +2 frames. Since your target heatran is on an odd frame number (867?) then lets not worry about 128 steps at all.

Okay I finally hit my right seed *cheers*, I called elm 9 times to check the responses and all were correct. Now this means I already got 9 frames right? Just want to make sure because I don't wanna screw up right now.

I was trying to catch it since I had the right seed. And it took so long he ran out of PP and fainted himself... This just sucks...

Ok, I can RNG breed very well but I am curious about something in particular.

I know that people say to not accept an egg from the Daycare man if it isn't the one that will be shiny. But I am curious as to if accepting this egg will affect the future one that we are suppose to accept. As an example:

I had a Roselia egg, the first one, that I accepted when the second was the one that was to be the nature/ability/shininess that I wanted. Will accepting the egg mess up the second one so that it won't be the nature/ability/shininess that I want?

Edit: I have done this before, where I save before accepting the first egg and then the first egg is the one I wanted rather than the second, which is the one the reporter said should be the one I want...

Edit#2: Ok. Saving apparently doesn't affect it because I saved for the first and got something else and then saved for the second and got the one I wanted...weird that I didn't get the right one the first time.

Those pokemon are their starting frames. Ignore those as heatran starts at 1. each caught/defeated pokemon journal entry advances +2 frames. Since your target heatran is on an odd frame number (867?) then lets not worry about 128 steps at all.
EE, Does the heatran that I get have to have one of the iv sets that you told me to try to get?

Cause even if did lower the delays and hit the right delays, the coin flips are still telling me that I'm getting the wrong one.

I think my game is kind of bugged. Since I hit my seed but failed to capture it I still get some close seeds but when I actually hit 0.01sec before I reach 16secs I get told my delay is 612 and my time is 20:02:11 while I'm in the 20:02:16. So what the heck is going on with my game?

I think my game is kind of bugged. Since I hit my seed but failed to capture it I still get some close seeds but when I actually hit 0.01sec before I reach 16secs I get told my delay is 612 and my time is 20:02:11 while I'm in the 20:02:16. So what the heck is going on with my game?
It's not just you. I'm having the same problem too. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)