Modest Nature
Seed: 220602BC
Frame: 419
Target time: 6:18:15
Delay: 625
Date: 1/01/2075
Synch: Modest Ralts
Method J

After I hit my seed, I move one step to advance the RNG by 1, do 206 journal flips, and then use sweet scent to advance the RNG by 2.

Is this correct?

Taking that it's in grass/cave (DPPt only) then,
419 - 2(sweet scent) - 0(no roamers) = 417 frames needed to advance. One step (or one turn) in the grass = 416. 416/2 = 208journal flips.

It's different in the water and in HG/SS you actually have to sorta do a one-time calibration to see how much SS advances.

Diabolico: If the coinflips are not matching up to your target delay, then you are NOT hitting your right delay. Please keep in mind that hitting the right delay can be very difficult (especially for those first starting out). Calibrate so you know that your calibrated second is around 16 or so and your delay to be around 600 or so. That's the usual calibrated results for DPPt (numbers will vary a bit). Basically, have "Seed to Time" open in RNG Reporter. Check your coinflips (even though t hey don't match up) to see what delay and what second you actually hit. Adjust pikatimer accordingly if you hit your second and your delay is off. If you're off on your second...then probably the best thing to do is recalibrate to make sure.

EDIT: HiHi Riski ^^ I think this is the first time ever, ahaha.

I'm getting 208 journal flips from that, so unless you have two roamers you didn't mention, you should recheck the math. (419-1-2)/2 = 208

Don't forget to make sure frame 419 has the correct encounter slot for a ralts. Right click the frame for the encounter slot and the link to the list.

Edit: Hi, Bakus! :-) You the ninja today.

Taking that it's in grass/cave (DPPt only) then,
419 - 2(sweet scent) - 0(no roamers) = 417 frames needed to advance. One step (or one turn) in the grass = 416. 416/2 = 208journal flips.

It's different in the water and in HG/SS you actually have to sorta do a one-time calibration to see how much SS advances.

Diabolico: If the coinflips are not matching up to your target delay, then you are NOT hitting your right delay. Please keep in mind that hitting the right delay can be very difficult (especially for those first starting out). Calibrate so you know that your calibrated second is around 16 or so and your delay to be around 600 or so. That's the usual calibrated results for DPPt (numbers will vary a bit). Basically, have "Seed to Time" open in RNG Reporter. Check your coinflips (even though t hey don't match up) to see what delay and what second you actually hit. Adjust pikatimer accordingly if you hit your second and your delay is off. If you're off on your second...then probably the best thing to do is recalibrate to make sure.

EDIT: HiHi Riski ^^ I think this is the first time ever, ahaha.

Okay, well.... my calibrated delay is at the 600 and my calibrated seconds is at 14. Should I change it?

And how do I adjust the pikatimer?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While I'm not familiar with the pikatimer, I can estimate it may take 17-18 seconds to get within the 799 delay range, and if delays are even and you use a ds-lite, insert any GBA cart to make the delays odd again.

While I'm not familiar with the pikatimer, I can estimate it may take 17-18 seconds to get within the 799 delay range, and if delays are even and you use a ds-lite, insert any GBA cart to make the delays odd again.
So if I put this in the pikatimer if my time is 12:45:15, I'll be able to get the heatran if I put in the 1 minute and 18 seconds in the first and the second timer?

Calibrated delay: 600

Wanted Delays: 799

Calibrated seconds: 14

Wanted Seconds: 15
And explain to me about the GBA part again, please?

Lake Acuity
grass
0. Bibarel
1. Sneasel
2. Bibarel
3. Psyduck
4. Psyduck
5. Psyduck
6. Chingling
7. Chingling
8. Bibarel
9. Sneasel
10. Bibarel
11. Sneasel

This is what the encounter slots are in Pearl.

Lake Acuity
grass
0. Bibarel
1. Sneasel
2. Bibarel
3. Psyduck
4. Psyduck
5. Psyduck
6. Chingling
7. Chingling
8. Bibarel
9. Sneasel
10. Bibarel
11. Sneasel

This is what the encounter slots are in Pearl.
Check the frames of your seed and see if any of them have the encounter slot you want. (I misread and thought you wanted a Ralts earlier, but that was your synch.) Basically, you can only catch your target pokemon if you have the encounter slot for it listed with one of your seed frames. If the area doesn't match up with any of the seed's frames encounter slots, you have to fly to another area where an encounter slot does match up.

I just got my first RNG pokémon, a Flawless Timid Latios. I want to thank Riski for helping me out, I couldn't do it without you :). You also thanks Dea for giving me some tips. :heart:

So if I wanted to catch a Psyduck with Modest HP Ground, I would stay at Acuity?
Well, you need to right click all your frames with your target spread and see which one has the psyduck on it. If you target the wrong frame, you'll get the wrong pokemon.

I just got my first RNG pokémon, a Flawless Timid Latios. I want to thank Riski for helping me out, I couldn't do it without you :). You also thanks Dea for giving me some tips. :heart:
Congrats! :-)

Diabolico: Your calibrated results looks fine. Since your calibrated second is 14, change your seconds value in RNG Reporter to 14 instead of 15 so that your target second is 14 too. This saves some headaches and some time. Target Delay is fine. Just work on your timing now - verify each time you miss your delay. Update pikatimer as necessary and you'll eventually get it.

@ MeGaMaN X: No, problem then. :-) It means if you screw up the journal page flips, you still have a chance to get the pokemon on a different frame too. I've had to use a second target frame after screwing up journal flips or walking.

So let me ask a few questions about some of this info that I found on Riski's guide.

Wanted delay should be higher than your calibrated. In fact, you’ll have a better chance to hit a seed which has a delay a good fifty points higher than your calibrated delay. So choose delays that aren't too close to your calibrated. This saves you from getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome because you won't be smashing that A button like a mad fool.
If I make a my wanted delays (799 delays) 50 points higher than the calibrated delays, will I be able to get the heatran accurately?

Wanted second is the one you choose in Seed to Time on RNG Reporter. When you are new to RNG, I recommend that you should input a seed with the same seconds as your calibrated seconds. When you have more experience catching and breeding pokes, you can experiment with the wanted seconds. You'll discover you can speed up the countdowns on Pikatimer by changing the wanted seconds. Don't do this until you are more experienced because you want to avoid confusion right now. Keep it simple until then. So for wanted seconds use the same seconds as you calibrated for now.
Is the bold part refering to the calibrated seconds or the wanted seconds?

Sometimes I can get stuff like Pikatimer always lands me on a second too high, even when I have the right seconds put in the boxes. If this happens, reset your DS clock to one minute sooner. If Pikatimer lands you one second too early, then set your clock one minute later. Just adjust your starting time on your DS until you find yourself landing on the right seconds. Don't adjust Pikatimer's seconds. Adjust the DS clock by a minute up or down. I know it seems weird that a full DS minute will add or subtract one second from the time you land in the game, but that's how it goes when Pikatimer lands you on a wrong second. It's better to adjust your DS minute and not Pikatimer's seconds. (Talking from experience.)
Explain to me about the bold part.

In my example, I choose June 1, 2010. The time is going to be 18:30:16 (16 is my usual seconds entering a game with an AR). The seed has a target delay of 641. If your usual delay is even (per the calibration phase), try a different year for this seed. Otherwise, use a GBA game in the GBA slot of your DS, if you have a GBA slot.

How much frame points does the GBA game in the GBA slot cost?

Go read my guide to PikaTimer and put in the necessary values to use this Java application. Try to hit your seed as described in the PikaTimer guide. Use the guide to understand PikaTimer, get into the game with the Java app and then do the frame advancements you calculated earlier.

What good does the Java application do?

@Baku - Okay, thank you.

Can someone tell me how to find someone elses SID for them? I told someone I would see what their's was for them, but I only thought I knew how to do it. I have AR, if that helps any.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
If I make a my wanted delays (799 delays) 50 points higher than the calibrated delays, will I be able to get the heatran accurately?
Since your wanted delay is odd and your calibrated delay is even, you can only hit even delays. Either a) insert a GBA Pokemon game to make your delay odd (I assume it would be 601 then but I personally don't have one) or b) Add or subtract 1 from the year to subtract/add one from the delay respectively.

And it really doesn't matter how close your wanted delay is to your calibrated delay, it's just easier on your hand so you don't have to button mash A to get to the menu screen. I've done some as low as 30 from my calibrated delay.

Is the bold part refering to the calibrated seconds or the wanted seconds?
Wanted seconds. Your calibrated seconds will stay constant along with your calibrated delay (unless you insert a GBA cart, then your calibrated delay changes from even to odd or vice versa). I personally ignored that step and I always do the 50 seconds thing in bearsfan's videos.

Explain to me about the bold part.
If the coin flips you're getting are on a different second (say, 1 second off), then by adding or subtracting a minute, you'll add or subtract a second. For example, 14:23:49 will have the same seed on the same delay as 14:24:50.

How much frame points does the GBA game in the GBA slot cost?

What good does the Java application do?
Makes it easier to time the moments when you push A to enter and continue the game. It makes beeping noises so draw your attention.

I think my game is kind of bugged. Since I hit my seed but failed to capture it I still get some close seeds but when I actually hit 0.01sec before I reach 16secs I get told my delay is 612 and my time is 20:02:11 while I'm in the 20:02:16. So what the heck is going on with my game?
It's not your game. It's & your computer.

When I RNG, I unhook the computer from the internet then turn off the real time anti-virus protection. This minimizes the chances of fluctuations on pikatimer. Then I just close my eyes and follow the sound and rythm.

I need some help with rng abuse. I'm trying to get a modest and male Shiny Salamence with flawless IVs on every stat. How can I accomplish this? So far, the guides I've seen are either about how to get a flawless pokemon, or how to breed a shiny. But how do you get a pokemon that is both shiny AND has flawless IVs with a specific nature(which in my case is modest)?

hey guys.

im trying to learn how to rng. i have platinum and HG but my first project will be to rng a good wondercard night sky jirachi on my HG because it seems like the easiest project to start. ive hatched the togepi egg and shown it, shown a pkrs poke to the nurse, visited kanto, and eliminated all roamers. im doing the calibration phase at the moment and just want to make sure everything is ok before i move on.

out of 16 attempts, my seconds are always 14. my delay ranges from 485-507. the delays i've hit most commonly are 495, 501, and 507 (3 times each). i only reached a delay lower than 495 twice and my highest delay is 507.

obviously my seconds are consistent, but im worried about my delays. i had imagined that they would display more consistency. am i good to go, or should i keep calibrating until i get more consistent delays?

thanks guy.

Delays can be inconsistent due to minor changes in how we start the game. Your safest thing to do is to use your highest calibrated delay as your standard, that way you never have to worry about missing your target delay when you RNG. In this case, use 507 as your standard.

hey guys.

im trying to learn how to rng. i have platinum and HG but my first project will be to rng a good wondercard night sky jirachi on my HG because it seems like the easiest project to start. ive hatched the togepi egg and shown it, shown a pkrs poke to the nurse, visited kanto, and eliminated all roamers. im doing the calibration phase at the moment and just want to make sure everything is ok before i move on.

out of 16 attempts, my seconds are always 14. my delay ranges from 485-507. the delays i've hit most commonly are 495, 501, and 507 (3 times each). i only reached a delay lower than 495 twice and my highest delay is 507.

obviously my seconds are consistent, but im worried about my delays. i had imagined that they would display more consistency. am i good to go, or should i keep calibrating until i get more consistent delays?

thanks guy.
Try using pikatimer, works great on hitting your delay :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)