Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Can you tell us what Egg PID frame you were going for on that seed? Also your ID/SID so we can check if it should be shiny.
Finally, telling us how many happiness checker taps / coin flips you did to advance your frame, just to check you're doing the correct number.
I'll list all of the info which I got from the Shiny Egg finder under 4th Gen Time Finder in the RNG Reporter (version 8.31):
Seed: 19060260
Date: 2010 11 23
Time: 06:14:14
Delay: 598
PID: 421FC4A5
Nature: Jolly
Ability: 1
Flip Sequence: H,H,H,T,H,T,H,T,T,T
Taps: 3
Flips: 4

Also my IDs:
ID: 64377
SID: 32192

Remember, I did this exact same seed twice and got different results, both not shiny (and both were different from each other). I was very careful both times, but especially careful the second time. Yes, I did the 10 coin flips to check my seed and both times they were dead on (so the seed should have been correct).

Are you doing your RNG advancements inside the daycare? If you're doing them outside, the NPCs could be messing you up.
I did not do them inside the daycare, but as said in the quote below, I did not think it effected the egg PID.

I don't believe that the NPCs will affect the egg pid, they only affect the IVs (I did my RNG advancements for a shiny Totodile outside the daycare recently)

Make sure the happiness checker app isn't open when going in or out of a building as this will advance the frame. Other than that, you could find someone to check your SID.
Both times I did this I made sure it wasn't open when I went in the daycare. I also made sure to only go to it once, as I read that if you land on it more than once (like with switching apps) it will advance the frame. So yeah I don't think it has anything to do with using the daycare app wrong.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Have you tried just picking a different seed? I've had some that just didn't do what they were supposed to for whatever reason. Also, make sure it isn't an everstone or power item screwing with you. That's all I can think of. Sorry I can't be of more help but I RNG on HG/SS so I'm a little unfamiliar with the errors you can encounter on DPPt.

What kind of parents are you using? If you're using international parents, the international check box should be filled. Or, you could find a new seed.

I'm attempting to RNG capture (using Method 1) Sudowoodo on HG/SS. I'm using this seed:

PID: a777c735 (ADAMANT, ability 1) 31/31/31/17/31/31 (Seed: c20b0af4 Method 1: 41, J (synch): 16, J (no synch): 22, K (synch): 2, K (no synch): 40) HP DARK 59

I copied the seed to the main window of the RNG Reporter, then opened Seed to Time and set my seconds to 14 (my usual) and checked "HGSS". I then set the year to 2009 and highlighted the date "2009 12 15". The time is 11:00:14 and the delay is 2795. I then set the delay to 99 +/- and the seconds to 5 +/-. When attempting to hit the seed (making the Elm calls etc) I couldn't find any adjacent's.

If the information helps, the PikaTimer told me to set the DS clock 2 minutes before the target (which I did).

I have no idea where I'm going wrong, and considering I've pretty much mastered RNG breeding and have RNG abused a Wondercard, it's not like I'm incapable of hitting the seed... If anyone can help, I will be extremely grateful.

Stationary Legends (Pokemons) aren't method 1; they are on Method K.
Wow, way to make me feel stupid. :P Thanks for answering anyhow.

Well I imagine I'll still have the same problem (it happened when trying to get Suicune using Method K), so further help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Here's the post (and obviously I meant "Method K" rather than "Method 1"):

I'm attempting to RNG capture (using Method 1) Sudowoodo on HG/SS. I'm using this seed:

PID: a777c735 (ADAMANT, ability 1) 31/31/31/17/31/31 (Seed: c20b0af4 Method 1: 41, J (synch): 16, J (no synch): 22, K (synch): 2, K (no synch): 40) HP DARK 59

I copied the seed to the main window of the RNG Reporter, then opened Seed to Time and set my seconds to 14 (my usual) and checked "HGSS". I then set the year to 2009 and highlighted the date "2009 12 15". The time is 11:00:14 and the delay is 2795. I then set the delay to 99 +/- and the seconds to 5 +/-. When attempting to hit the seed (making the Elm calls etc) I couldn't find any adjacent's.

If the information helps, the PikaTimer told me to set the DS clock 2 minutes before the target (which I did).

I have no idea where I'm going wrong, and considering I've pretty much mastered RNG breeding and have RNG abused a Wondercard, it's not like I'm incapable of hitting the seed... If anyone can help, I will be extremely grateful.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Zorrioh

OK, well on the version of RNG reporter I'm using it suggests that you do 4 Happiness checker double taps, and 2 coin flips, not 4 and 3 like you said in your post.

I'm not well versed in RNG breeding in DPPt, but would confirming your seed via coin flips not mess up which egg frame you'd get. I've only done it a few times, but I always used to confirm my seed using the IVs of a caught pokemon...

Also, I know it's necessary to have 5 pokes in your party for the double taps to work, so if you had a different number of Pokes in your party each time you did it that would also affect the Egg PID...

Any of those any use to you?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
how can i advance the frame by 1 in hgss?
call Juggler Irwin or professor Elm if you've managed to fulfill all his requirements, the elm call requirements are on the second post of this thread. Also, the radio can be used the lower right station when it is not playing Buena's Password advances the RNG by 1. Just move the cursor to the lower right hand then back to the center to advance by 1 frame.

Have you tried just picking a different seed? I've had some that just didn't do what they were supposed to for whatever reason. Also, make sure it isn't an everstone or power item screwing with you. That's all I can think of. Sorry I can't be of more help but I RNG on HG/SS so I'm a little unfamiliar with the errors you can encounter on DPPt.
I should indeed try another seed, however I still think there might be some other problem because I tried to do this using another method and it failed as well (I haven't been able to RNG anything yet).

What kind of parents are you using? If you're using international parents, the international check box should be filled. Or, you could find a new seed.
They are not international, both were caught by me in that game.

@Zorrioh

OK, well on the version of RNG reporter I'm using it suggests that you do 4 Happiness checker double taps, and 2 coin flips, not 4 and 3 like you said in your post.

I'm not well versed in RNG breeding in DPPt, but would confirming your seed via coin flips not mess up which egg frame you'd get. I've only done it a few times, but I always used to confirm my seed using the IVs of a caught pokemon...

Also, I know it's necessary to have 5 pokes in your party for the double taps to work, so if you had a different number of Pokes in your party each time you did it that would also affect the Egg PID...

Any of those any use to you?
According to the program, it says it gives you a number of coin flips ASSUMING you will be checking your seed with the 10 coin flips. Thus the program was made to be like that, and it seems like it should be fine (so really the coin flips should be 13). As far as you getting 2 on your RNG instead of 3, that certainly could be the issue. What program are you using, and what version?

Also, I had 6 in my party because I was not catching one to check my seed and the explanation here on Smogon said to have 6 in your team.

--

I'm definitely going to try another seed (and maybe try this one again with 2 coin flips instead of 3) and perhaps get someone to check my SID. How does one get someone to check another's SID? What do I have to do/what has to happen?

Btw thank you all for your continued help, I really appreciate it. Seems like these things always happen to me. DX

I have one more question.

I'm RNGing for a shiny Jolly Teddiursa w/Quick Feet (And hopefully great IVs) and I have a Frame 3 and I need to hit 564 delay at 7:40:14 (Which I hit). So to advance my frame, I'm going to call Youngster Joey.

So should I call Joey before I put the parents in the Daycare, or after? Thanks.

I have one more question.

I'm RNGing for a shiny Jolly Teddiursa w/Quick Feet (And hopefully great IVs) and I have a Frame 3 and I need to hit 564 delay at 7:40:14 (Which I hit). So to advance my frame, I'm going to call Youngster Joey.

So should I call Joey before I put the parents in the Daycare, or after? Thanks.
You can do both.

I have a quick question:

Are wild captures the exact same as standing Pokémon captures (in terms of RNG)? I mean, do you simply save in a patch of grass and then continue the RNG as you would with standing Pokémon (except using Sweet Scent to find the wild Pokémon)?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pretty much. Just remember that the sweet scent advances the frame before the encounter. Take that into account when using it.

Pretty much. Just remember that the sweet scent advances the frame before the encounter. Take that into account when using it.
Alright, thanks.

I assume using Sweet Scent should preferably be done whilst on a bike (to advance the frame consistently by 1)? If so, should I be exiting the Pokégear 2 frames before the target frame?

Toast++

Alright, thanks.

I assume using Sweet Scent should preferably be done whilst on a bike (to advance the frame consistently by 1)? If so, should I be exiting the Pokégear 2 frames before the target frame?
I used it on the bike. Dunno if it advanced by 1 or not. But you definitely want to use the bike. Take the target frame, subtract the number Sweet Scent advances and that's the frame you want to hit with the Pokegear.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@UUWarrior

It's the same, but you need to take Encounter slots into account. Right click on a frame in Method K, and go to "Calculate Encounter slots". It should tell you what slot you will encounter if you RNG for that frame, and there should be a list of links which will tell you what poke that corresponds to wherever you've saved.
If you have a synchroniser, you can make the same spread appear more than once on a particular seed, giving you more chances for the pokemon you want to encounter to appear on the spread. :)

@Zorrioh:
I'm using RNGReporter 8.31. Although I'm running it through Mono on a Mac (can't see why that would make a difference though).

Hi again, I've got a quick question.

I'm RNGing on SS and I'm still trying to hit my Target Time (7:59:14, which I hit many times) and Delay (591, I keep getting in the 570-589 range, and I've gotten 590 and 593 once, but still not 591). I am RNGing for a shiny egg, and I need a Frame of 3.

So, just now, I hit a Delay of 573. So I was about 18 away from my target Delay. Is there anyway to increase/decrease your delay on purpose? EX: if you need to hit 14 seconds, but you hit 15 on your last try, you can decrease 15 by hitting A slower. Does that make sense? xD

Hi again, I've got a quick question.

I'm RNGing on SS and I'm still trying to hit my Target Time (7:59:14, which I hit many times) and Delay (591, I keep getting in the 570-589 range, and I've gotten 590 and 593 once, but still not 591). I am RNGing for a shiny egg, and I need a Frame of 3.

So, just now, I hit a Delay of 573. So I was about 18 away from my target Delay. Is there anyway to increase/decrease your delay on purpose? EX: if you need to hit 14 seconds, but you hit 15 on your last try, you can decrease 15 by hitting A slower. Does that make sense? xD
Use Pikatimer instead of a clock. You can adjust your delays using it.

Oh, sorry, I should've said that I am using Pika Timer :/

But I think I've figured it out. Should I use the "Other Delay" box on Pika Timer if I hit a delay that's pretty close to my wanted one?

Edit: Nvm, I hit my delay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)