Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Sorry for double-posting, but I managed to work out what I was doing wrong, and I now have my Jolly 5 IV Gible! First of all, I decided to get off my lazy butt and figure out the exact IVs of the original Gible (I already had the IVs for Tyranitar), as well as figure out what delay I hit. I found out that I had hit a delay of 950, well off of the 961 that I was aiming for. So, in EonTimer, I put 950 into "Delay Hit" and clicked update. EonTimer gave me a new calibrated delay of 479. Another thing I remembered while looking into this further; prior to attempting to RNG, I watched a couple videos by bearsfan092. While I wasn't able to fully understand the HG/SS breeding video (possibly because he was going after a shiny, which I wasn't), I did take note of one interesting tidbit from the calibration video: the player could hit only even delays or only odd delays depending on whether a Generation 3 cartridge was in the Advance slot. So I tried again with the new calibrated delay, with the Advance slot occupied and unoccupied. Unfortunately, I was still not getting my desired results. So, I searched for what delay I hit for one of the non-Advance slot results, as my target delay was odd, and the 1st attempt hit an even delay. This time, I was hitting a delay of 967, which upon being put into EonTimer, gave me another new calibrated delay of 483. The very first attempt with 483 and no Advance slot was successful. So...thanks to everyone who contributed to the guide and to RNG research in general!

Hi again,
I got one question about RNG Abuse in Gen 6 (Omega Ruby in this case). Is there some way to speed up frame advances? If i found some nearly flawless wild shiny frame from 192 hours the only way to get it is to have my 3ds running for 192 hours? :D

Personally I think I'll try later ultra wormholes in US/UM instead but just curious.

Blueforce

Baddy Bad
is a Smogon Social Media Contributor
Hi again,
I got one question about RNG Abuse in Gen 6 (Omega Ruby in this case). Is there some way to speed up frame advances? If i found some nearly flawless wild shiny frame from 192 hours the only way to get it is to have my 3ds running for 192 hours? :D

Personally I think I'll try later ultra wormholes in US/UM instead but just curious.
Starting a battle with a wild Pokemon will make frames advance by 4 instead of 2 (in Omega Ruby). For USUM, standing in the castle in the center of the Festival Plaza is the fastest way to advance frames. Flawless wild shiny frames will always be ridiculously high given the odds of encountering a Pokemon that is both flawless and shiny when there are 0 guaranteed IVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)