Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Two questions:

1. In attempting to RNG a starter of Platinum (Chimchar), if saving in front of the bag with the Poke Balls, does the frame stay on 1 even after selecting the starter, or does that advance the frame to 2?
2. If attempting to RNG Feebas on the same game, if a Feebas tile is found on a particular day/time, will that tile always have Feebas if the day/time is altered to another date and switched back?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Going for the easy ones, huh? Iirc...
1) Selecting the starter shouldn't mess with the frame
2) Not 100% sure, but I don't think so. It could (and probably will) change. With that said, I came across this post which seems to suggest that changing the date may not always change the tile. Haven't given it too much thought, but practically you'll probably have to find your tile on the day you want to rng.

Could be wrong, but someone will correct me if so :P

Going for the easy ones, huh? Iirc...
1) Selecting the starter shouldn't mess with the frame
2) Not 100% sure, but I don't think so. It could (and probably will) change. With that said, I came across this post which seems to suggest that changing the date may not always change the tile. Haven't given it too much thought, but practically you'll probably have to find your tile on the day you want to rng.

Could be wrong, but someone will correct me if so :P
I RNG'd a 31/31/31/30/31/31 Timid Cyndaquil on HG, so I figured I could try on Platinum *shrug*

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)