Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You're welcome.

I have a new problem.

I'm fishing in Soulsilver, trying to catch a Staryu, which is supposed to be on encounter slot 1 with a super rod at night. The target frame is 2140. I hit my seed and stopped at 2139. I caught a lonely Kingler from frame 2143 instead. I have a modest synch with me at the front of the party.

From this error, it looks like fishing is minus three from the frames. Is that the case always?

What is fishing's starting frame? Also, did you make sure there were no NPCs. I've only done one fishing abuse before, so I can't help too much. But the best I can suggest is to find the starting frame for fishing, then subtract that from your target and do that many advances.

I'm trying to use the RNG program that runs on Macs, but it won't allow me to right-click while I'm using the program. I have right-click pre-set as control+click.. and this is the only program that does not recognize this sequence. Does anyone know how to get to the adjacent results without right-clicking... or how to right-click in this program..?

try holding left click

edit: that didn't work. your mouse doesn't have right click? if you have another mouse with right click use that one. if you have the original apple mouse, right clicking is literally the same. just click the right side.

try holding left click

edit: that didn't work. your mouse doesn't have right click? if you have another mouse with right click use that one. if you have the original apple mouse, right clicking is literally the same. just click the right side.
At the moment, all I have to work with is my MacBook and no, it doesn't right-click. :/

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm going to ask anyway.

So recently I did a commission for a friend of mine to make him a few shiny eggs, and give him the eggs to hatch so he'd be the OT. However, when I transferred them from my Platinum to his Diamond, they hatched shiny, but after that they turned into just regular Pokemon.

Now, I know this normally happens as well when you try to transfer eggs to HGSS, but does this also happen in DPPt? Did I have to trade Platinum to Platinum?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm going to ask anyway.

So recently I did a commission for a friend of mine to make him a few shiny eggs, and give him the eggs to hatch so he'd be the OT. However, when I transferred them from my Platinum to his Diamond, they hatched shiny, but after that they turned into just regular Pokemon.

Now, I know this normally happens as well when you try to transfer eggs to HGSS, but does this also happen in DPPt? Did I have to trade Platinum to Platinum?

Thanks in advance.

No, it always does that when you transfer shiny eggs from one game to another. The version doesn't matter.

EDIT: I'm not sure, but I'd asume it would hatch shiny if you traded it back to your origonal game.

They'll hatch shiny on the game you breed them, since your ID combo was used to make them shiny. So if you use your friends ID combo and hatched on his game, they'd be shiny. Just remeber to check their state page to make sure it's shiny.

They'll hatch shiny on the game you breed them, since your ID combo was used to make them shiny. So if you use your friends ID combo and hatched on his game, they'd be shiny. Just remeber to check their state page to make sure it's shiny.
Yea I did use the "check egg contents" code.

Thanks!

If you know his ID/SID, you can breed an egg with an PID that would be shiny with his ID/SID combination, so that when you give it to him. The hatch will be shiny. (But the hatching animation won't be shiny, kind of the inverse of you had)

I am so frustrated, I hit the right seed A40103CB (June 18, 1:01:55, 2010) for a certain egg spread that I wanted. I called Elm, and I got the order right. I stopped after the 10th call because I needed frame 11. Yet the egg hatched with IVs from frame 13. I did this more than once. Why is this happening to me?! :(

I am so frustrated, I hit the right seed A40103CB (June 18, 1:01:55, 2010) for a certain egg spread that I wanted. I called Elm, and I got the order right. I stopped after the 10th call because I needed frame 11. Yet the egg hatched with IVs from frame 13. I did this more than once. Why is this happening to me?! :(
then call 9 times instead of 11, (maybe in seed A40103CB, the NPC moves 2 times really quick)

Wouldn't you not be able to tell if you hit the right frame then?
I get your question now, you don't always need to call 10 times... -.-
You can check that table yourself instead of that applet he created
besides, one you narrowed down your delay, you probably need to check about first 4-6 frames to know if you are correct or not...

What I noticed is that NPC moves consistently in a particular seed as well.

I've asked this before, but when doing all the recording to see how many journal flips you have to have for pokeradar, do you have to have the synch in front that time?

i want to rng jirachi
i used this seed from the guide 0A150268 to get hidden power water the time i got is 21.51.15 so i just gotta set my clock to that time and hit my sych time now then do the coin flips to see if i met the correct time and do the journal stuff
wanna know if i'm going correct or wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)