Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
OK, this is really making me wonder

Do Cosmic Jeff and Lorelei both live in the U.S.? I'm using their pokes as parents, and when in theory I'm doing everything else right (come on, I know I didn't mess up a 48-tap spread) I'm starting to wonder if one of them lives in the UK or something...
It actually would not matter. The spreads that are shiny for non-international parents are still shiny for international. It just adds more spreads to that.

OK, this is really making me wonder

Do Cosmic Jeff and Lorelei both live in the U.S.? I'm using their pokes as parents, and when in theory I'm doing everything else right (come on, I know I didn't mess up a 48-tap spread) I'm starting to wonder if one of them lives in the UK or something...
1. You can check if the pokemon are from different countries.
2. Having international parents do not make non-international spreeds disappear I believe. I did a quick test and confirm it doesn't get rid of non-international shiny spreads.

Mingot wins, I fail.

It actually would not matter. The spreads that are shiny for non-international parents are still shiny for international. It just adds more spreads to that.
:(... damn, I thought I'd found my problem.

Guess I'm going to stop being lazy and make a vid, if I can figure out how to take them on this webcam.

If you don't find a random pokemon with a delay near 600 and you reset, then save, then reset again then catch another random pokemon, is that how you do it, reset twice?

Anyone know the initial download link for the RNG Reporter?

Edit: I downloaded the current 4.0 version and it downloads right but I load it up, and a microsoft .NET security warning comes up so.....any help there?

Hey picklesword what version of the RNG Reporter do you have?

Edit: If you happen to know the initial download link for it that would be awesome.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, guys, so my game was kind and gave me a 14 tap Lonely spread I could use for something.

Since I'm paranoid about this stuff, does Flying affect PRNG? How about taking a parent out of the daycare?

Argh goddammit

So I followed the steps very carefully, got a 147-tap spread for a Naughty, female Chimchar. The Chimchar hatched just like it said it would.

Egg cracks...it's normal-colored. :(

Only reason I'm not totally pissed is that I got a double-flawless wild Poke in the process...but still. HALP

This thread was a catalyst for me making this account. After chaining many shinies I have now bred one that otherwise has escaped me until now--a Skorupi. To be exact, a shiny male Jolly Sniper Skorupi with Night Slash. Now that RNG Reporter has been updated, I can get IVs for it (resetting normally is hopeless as the parents' IVs are abysmal). The only problem is no instructions have been posted on just what to do with the Time Finder. So, uh...help? Please? I have cookies! (::) (::)

Don't think so.
--------------
After you've saved on the patch of grass, can you hard reset to check the IVs? Because you can't soft reset while keeping AR codes intact, right?

I believe you have to save in front of your egg, and start the game as fast as possible, take the egg, and catch a Pokemon.
Find it's delay and offset.

Do this a few times and use the delay/offset you get the most in the DPPt Time Finder. Now generate seeds for the IV's you want.

Take the egg on the exact same date (including seconds) as the Time Finder tells you to do, and hope you got the right delay/offset.

Jonny explained how this works via MSN, but that was before 4.01 was released.

I didn't understand exactly how this works, but I think this is the correct way. Ofcourse, use the method: Breeding (DPPt)

@Yahtzo: Only for IV's, not for shinies.

@Vo-Dee: Using an R4, you can SR and still have the codes active.
But, if you really mean reset to check the IV's, then no, when you reset, the seeds will be different and you can't get a shiny using that pokemon's PID. If you mean, reset for a faster shiny frame, then yes, you can reset, but only when using an R4.

Guys I've got a great spread but after you have done the taps and are on the coin flipper, how do I switch to the day care checker app without going past the happiness messing up the taps? Because I think when you go in a building with the coin flip it messes the whole thing up. Need help please :)

SOMEONE HELP as I've been sitting with my DS doing nothing for 30 mins and refreshing this thread to get a shiny :x

Don't go to the day care checker app. You don't need it out, just ride your bike until he has an egg.

Why would you need to go to the Day Care app anyway?

And going into a building obviously doesn't effect it if you have to put your parents in after you finish with the tapping and Coin Flip app.

This thread was a catalyst for me making this account. After chaining many shinies I have now bred one that otherwise has escaped me until now--a Skorupi. To be exact, a shiny male Jolly Sniper Skorupi with Night Slash. Now that RNG Reporter has been updated, I can get IVs for it (resetting normally is hopeless as the parents' IVs are abysmal). The only problem is no instructions have been posted on just what to do with the Time Finder. So, uh...help? Please? I have cookies! (::) (::)
I hear ya...Jolly Skorupi with Night Slash was the second thing I bred with this. Paid off nicely.

Also, going in a building with the coin flip up changes nothing. Going in a building with the happiness checker up advances the IRNG the same as double tapping, but having the coin flip up does nothing.

So this is the same on Diamond/Pearl as it is on Platinum as far as the RNG? I've had great success as far as hatching shinies using this RNG method, I've done about 12 so far with seeds anywhere from 80-800 Taps per seed. For the longer ones, I suggest counting in multiples of 100 and then go from there.

-Black Rayquaza

Well, mingot, the update for the RNG Reporter is a nice Easter surprise... now I just need to find out how to work it. I tried it a few times and it didn't work.

trying to get a certain iv spread on the shiny im locked on but im wondering which parent is A and which parent is b. Can anyone tell me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)