Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm having shit for luck today trying to reset for 31/b/31/b/b/22 but I've gotten this spread 3 times in a row: 9 / 31 / 5 / 22 / 31 / 6. :/

Hopefully I can actually check the Delay/Offset of that spread (Keep catching pokemon with 0s! Ruins IV check).

Edit: Ok... So I've been hitting a higher delay than usual (604 compared to 592) but a fairly low offset (3 compared to 5). o_O

Edit2: It's extremely hard to stabilize my delay, anybody have any tips? .-.

Guess all it takes is to continue trying. I just got the spread I was looking for after about ~2.5 hours (I was my first try ok. The 1.5hs don't count ~_~).

Can't wait until we know how to abuse RNG for legendaries. ;)

Guess all it takes is to continue trying. I just got the spread I was looking for after about ~2.5 hours (I was my first try ok. The 1.5hs don't count ~_~).

Can't wait until we know how to abuse RNG for legendaries. ;)
IIRC, isn't that what the Method J tab is for?

With two or three rare candies you should be able to get a pretty good indication of the IVs from MetalKid. After that you really need to enter all of the combinations until you find a good one. RNG Reporter will have a simple IV checker to help with this at some point in the future.
Awesome, I did manage to get up to 58 at Stark Mt, and have a few rare candies to feed, I guess I'll just have to watch where I save to keep reusing the rare candies on the tries

Thanks for answering, I can't wait until RNG can help with this kind of stupid problem :)

I think a good addition to the Dppt Capture Time Finder would be the option to add you ID and SID and look for a shiny frame at certain offsets and delays. I know I want to find one at 1 offset for shiny legends.

Mastered the IV retrieval, but now I have two more questions:

Would escape rope-ing out out of a cave effect anything? Same goes for a technique like teleport or dig to get out of a cave faster.

What effective way do you guys use to keep track of your taps? I say mine out loud and mark a tick for every hundred, but sometimes I get mushmouth and screw up my counting.

Ok, I'm closing in on understanding all the shenanigans behind PRNG abuse and all. The last piece of the puzzle is a program (since by hand this would be ridiculous) that could quickly blast through the 16^4 possiblities to construct the seed that leads to a PID, which I'm sure you're already working on implementing in RNG Reporter. I'm just glad I know a little more of the math behind RNG reporter now, I can't program a lick but I enjoy understanding the math of it.

Sigh, I suppose I have to wait then, unless someone has a simple program already that can do this. Am I right though in assuming that a program could take a PID, use the 16 low bits of it, then run the 16^4 different hex combinations of the upper bits through the linear congruence formula (assuming Method 1 here) until it found a result that matched the upper bits of the new seed with the upper bits of the PID, providing the correct seed for that PID? Ok, techinically you would need to reverse the PRNG formula once to get the seed that existed before the RNG calls, but still, is this logic sound? If I could program I would do this right now, but oh well. I'm assuming this is what Jonny went through, unless there's an easier way. Thanks again for your help Mingot, I appreciate your humoring me.

Alright, this is just weird.
First of all, I'm in the process of breeding a shiny Bold HP Electric Vaporeon. These are my parents for the project:
31/07/31/30/31/15 male Vaporeon (the Lexx's)
06/27/31/31/31/31 Ditto (mine)

Several attempts ago I got this spread for the child:
22/23/31/31/31/26

I SRed over it, but 3 or 4 tries later I got the exact same spread. SRed over that, and then the next one was this:
22/23/31/31/25/26

What gives? I didn't alter the time at all when SRing each time, so I really don't know why I keep getting this same spread over and over again.

Alright, this is just weird.
First of all, I'm in the process of breeding a shiny Bold HP Electric Vaporeon. These are my parents for the project:
31/07/31/30/31/15 male Vaporeon (the Lexx's)
06/27/31/31/31/31 Ditto (mine)

Several attempts ago I got this spread for the child:
22/23/31/31/31/26

I SRed over it, but 3 or 4 tries later I got the exact same spread. SRed over that, and then the next one was this:
22/23/31/31/15/26

What gives? I didn't alter the time at all when SRing each time, so I really don't know why I keep getting this same spread over and over again.
The short version is that spreads happen multiple times over the course of an hour. If it is one minute later, and your DS clock's seconds when you press continue is one earlier than before, you get the same seed you got last time if you have a consistent delay. It's very possible you got the exact same seed if you aren't calibrating anything on purpose, since it repeats more than once in an hour.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There is nothing to report on really.

I think a good addition to the Dppt Capture Time Finder would be the option to add you ID and SID and look for a shiny frame at certain offsets and delays. I know I want to find one at 1 offset for shiny legends.
It's planned, yes.

Mastered the IV retrieval, but now I have two more questions:

Would escape rope-ing out out of a cave effect anything? Same goes for a technique like teleport or dig to get out of a cave faster.
_Everything_ that we know advances the RNG is listed. With no exceptions. Of course, if we listed out all of the things that did not there would be pages and pages of it.

So really, just assume that it does not and if you find evidence to the contrary please let us know.

Ok, I'm closing in on understanding all the shenanigans behind PRNG abuse and all. The last piece of the puzzle is a program (since by hand this would be ridiculous) that could quickly blast through the 16^4 possiblities to construct the seed that leads to a PID, which I'm sure you're already working on implementing in RNG Reporter. I'm just glad I know a little more of the math behind RNG reporter now, I can't program a lick but I enjoy understanding the math of it.

Sigh, I suppose I have to wait then, unless someone has a simple program already that can do this. Am I right though in assuming that a program could take a PID, use the 16 low bits of it, then run the 16^4 different hex combinations of the upper bits through the linear congruence formula (assuming Method 1 here) until it found a result that matched the upper bits of the new seed with the upper bits of the PID, providing the correct seed for that PID? Ok, techinically you would need to reverse the PRNG formula once to get the seed that existed before the RNG calls, but still, is this logic sound? If I could program I would do this right now, but oh well. I'm assuming this is what Jonny went through, unless there's an easier way. Thanks again for your help Mingot, I appreciate your humoring me.
You really can't find your location with just a PID. Sometimes even a PID/IV combination is not enough to go on. With just a PID you will almost always get >2 results.

Anyhow, this stuff has been in place for ages in RNG reporter. It's how the initial seed is found (have to use the IV's and pid of what you caught to get the "monster" seed and then work backwards from there to the initial seed).

Jonny actually used the initial seed finder to hunt for the legends he wanted.

_Everything_ that we know advances the RNG is listed. With no exceptions. Of course, if we listed out all of the things that did not there would be pages and pages of it.

So really, just assume that it does not and if you find evidence to the contrary please let us know.
Can do!

Ok i have two questions this time around, one i think i already asked, but am elaborating on for finality.

Query 1: I'm hatching for a shiny using the masuda method, and need to know if a shiny is basically guaranteed, as long as you don't SR or do anything that could accidentally advance the IRNG over your shiny value.

At the moment all i'm doing is getting eggs, biking and hatching them, then releasing all non-shinies.

So i'm basically asking when you start up the game, are all the values for the IRNG set in stone, including shiny values. Presuming all your doing is the above.

I think(almost know), that the IRNG values are set in stone, otherwise the current method being used in this thread couldn't work, right?

Query 2: I know that there are a miriad of actions that advance the IRNG by one, however are there any actions that can re-seed/scramble the IRNG, besides SRing.

Ok i have two questions this time around, one i think i already asked, but am elaborating on for finality.

Query 1: I'm hatching for a shiny using the masuda method, and need to know if a shiny is basically guaranteed, as long as you don't SR or do anything that could accidentally advance the IRNG over your shiny value.

At the moment all i'm doing is getting eggs, biking and hatching them, then releasing all non-shinies.

So i'm basically asking when you start up the game, are all the values for the IRNG set in stone, including shiny values. Presuming all your doing is the above.

I think(almost know), that the IRNG values are set in stone, otherwise the current method being used in this thread couldn't work, right?

Query 2: I know that there are a miriad of actions that advance the IRNG by one, however are there any actions that can re-seed/scramble the IRNG, besides SRing.
1. Yes, it is set in stone once you continue.

2. I believe mingot said entering a trade will mess up the IRNG.

Thanks, thats great news, at least that means its basically a guarantee, i'll get a shiny at some point, as long as i don't turn my DS off.

Also thanks for that info on the union room/wifi trade, i don't intend on doing that anyway, but its good to know.

Hey guys, say my spread is at 21:10:10...If I want to use my AR for fast egg hatch and IV Checking the RNG abused egg, is AR's delay near 6 seconds, or does it even have one?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The whole idea of the calibration phase is to figure out how long it takes you to reset. I would do that first. And the amount of time it takes to reset is going to vary by game (DP/Plat), whether you have an AR, or a flashcart (even down the brand and the speed of your micro SD). So go through calibration and figure this out yourself.

I need some help D:

I pressed find once I added the date/time/iv/nature and everything.
and one item popped up and it was initial, I couldn't click on it, what do I do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)