Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I really need to verify the following since I recently encountered something I did not expect:

fishing:
Slot 0: 0-59 60%
Slot 1: 60-89 30%
Slot 2: 90-94 5%
Slot 3: 95-98 4%
Slot 4: 99 1%

While on Lake Verify after it took me numerous attempts to finally hit my target delay, I got as far as my target frame expecting it to be a shiny gyarados since it should have appeared at slot 0 for "24", but after success with super rod, out comes a shiny seaking instead. Before I continue doing anymore fishing or surfing, and I noticed RNG Reporter 6.11 does not always follow this above pattern, I need to know whether or not these slots were correct, and if not, which slots should be the correct pattern?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Were you using an old rod?

There are different charts based on which rod you are using.

If you have found an instance where the old rod does not seem to follow the correct pattern let me know and I will check it out. Always possible that there is a bug :)

Expert Evan

First 2 possible frames I attempted was with an old rod (thinking seaking was on super rod) before I attempting super rod in a 24 frame.

After each failed attempt, I turned around while surfing then opened the journal a few times as necessary.

This was all before the changes in 6.11

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
First 2 possible frames I attempted was with an old rod (thinking seaking was on super rod) before I attempting super rod in a 24 frame.

After each failed attempt, I turned around while surfing then opened the journal a few times as necessary.

This was all before the changes in 6.11
I did not make any changes to the encounter slot calculations in 6.11. Do you have a seed / frame, etc so that I can check the calculations manually to match them against the slot encounter output?

Expert Evan

Here they are:

Seed= 570a034e

1573 4994a32d 63
1579 7bd8c691 77
1583 6193e53 24
1585 6be5c2de 76

570a034e 1586 99a1c516 !!! Careful 0 31 30 30 13 30 30 Rock 59 F F F F

Edit: turns out when doing it by hand I was using method 1 frame-1 instead of method 1 frame-2.

After finally being able to hit a certain delay with emloop, I decided to search some spreads, and I got a pretty good one. But I still have two questions.
1. For a Method J pokemon, do you use the frame they say in the Time Finder, or the "Actual" delay?

2. For some reason, when I put the year 2009 into RNG Time Finder, I get odd delays, while in my game, I get even ones. If I change the year on RNG Reporter, would I also have to change it on my DS? And if so, could I put in a GBA game so it will go from odd to even, or vice versa?

Thanks bearsfan. To everyone who's reading this, be sure to check the giveaway section today.:naughty: (hint hint)
So bearsfan, I could change the year to 2008 in my game, put saphire in, and I would be able to get even delays?

can you use the main page of the RNG reporter to find a target trame with the right encounter slot, because the time finder section seems to lack this option, how would you solve this problem?

I have read the first page numerous times, but I still cannot hit a consistent delay(about 1 in 40 tries)and it is really frustrating is there anything that I am missing that is not on the first page?

to above poster
Probably not. You could try using the Emloop guide by either Syberia or Sephirona though. That's what I plan on using to hit consistent delays.

mingot

free agent
I have read the first page numerous times, but I still cannot hit a consistent delay(about 1 in 40 tries)and it is really frustrating is there anything that I am missing that is not on the first page?
There is no secret to it, other than attempting to tap at a consistent pace. Unfortunately, if you can't work this out there is not going to be much you can do except lock on to shiny eggs.

Most folks will usually find a range of about 20, and considering that they are nearly always even or odd this leaves 10, giving odds of about 1:10. Some folks are even better at it.

Good luck.

I found my delay range and I have done several legends, but it just seems like some of the people here have a secret method to cranking out pokes, when it takes me like 2 days for one. Was just curious, but thanks anyways.

In Wichu's program, how come in the second column I can get 6 digit numbers (6 digit frames)? Can it go that high?

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I apologise everyone but I need one of you to tell me again how to do the coin trick when wild pokemon RNGing.. you copy the seed of your target frame, and leave it in what method?
You use the same seed and just generate it in DPPt Egg PID (Normal). Though I think mingot added the "Coin Flips for Seed" function that automatically checks the first ten flips for your seed on the bottom right hand corner of the RNG Reporter. :o

-edit-

lol, his post disappeared .-.

yeah mingot doesn't want me to post pointless stuff X_X I figured it out already he did add something that automatically does it for you

Trying things out for the first time, because my trade thread has turned to crap and I need to breed things for Worlds VGC..

The Delay..

I have my DS set on AutoStart Mode, so the main screen pops up as normal when you flip on the DS, then it goes straight to my Diamond game. Do I need to have AutoStart turned OFF to get an accurate Delay, or does the Delay Timer only start when Diamond starts?

EDIT: I have a non-pokemon game in my GBA slot if it matters at all.

Something odd is happening. Currently, I am trying to hit a delay of 698 for the year 2008 on RNG Reporter. The problem is, on 2008 I can't hit an even delay. I've tried putting in a GBA game, but that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know what might be going on here.

In computing spreads with Wichu's PokeRNG, and setting all of the min and max to default (0,0,0,0), I keep obtaining

(Seed: 00000000 Frame: 3388894149)

This seed does not work in RNGReporter. How might I obtain the proper Target Time, Delay, and Date for this capture? Thanks!

In computing spreads with Wichu's PokeRNG, and setting all of the min and max to default (0,0,0,0), I keep obtaining

(Seed: 00000000 Frame: 3388894149)

This seed does not work in RNGReporter. How might I obtain the proper Target Time, Delay, and Date for this capture? Thanks!
Close Wichu's program and try again. It is an error that can be caused by entering info wrong sometimes. One time i did min delay 595 and max 70 and that caused it.

I'm having an issue calibrating. For some reason my IV checker code doesnt work after I soft reset, so I have to find a different way to IV check or catch 50+ pokemon. The second being far easier. So I have one question: Is there a place where every pokemon I fight will be 50+? Where I am currently fighting, only 1/4th of the pokemon end up 50+, making it quite difficult to calibrate.

mingot

free agent
I don't having that autostart will break anything. If it does, turn it off.

Something odd is happening. Currently, I am trying to hit a delay of 698 for the year 2008 on RNG Reporter. The problem is, on 2008 I can't hit an even delay. I've tried putting in a GBA game, but that doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know what might be going on here.
Is it a Pokemon game? If not, try that. If so, perhaps changing your year.

When looking for a spread, what does the '!==' mean?

I thought it meant 'must equal' but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Not equal.

I'm having an issue calibrating. For some reason my IV checker code doesnt work after I soft reset, so I have to find a different way to IV check or catch 50+ pokemon. The second being far easier. So I have one question: Is there a place where every pokemon I fight will be 50+? Where I am currently fighting, only 1/4th of the pokemon end up 50+, making it quite difficult to calibrate.
Fight area. They should all be fine there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)