Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I will say that I wasn't aware of the standing in a patch of grass right away. And, I thought, as stated in the video, we don't have to have a poke with sweet scent. I can give those two a shot. Thank you for those.
You don't have to. I am just eliminating any chance of user error as best I can.

No, he was asking him to check the time between the ds and the time he is synching and RNG reporter.

Two options for you to try

1. Don't take over 2 minutes to get into the game from the start of the game.

2. Next time you try, make sure your time on your ds and in RNG reporter are the same. If that's not the problem, then make sure you aren't putting the wrong stats in for the pokemon, because it works fine for everyone else.
Hmm, but if it's synchronized using time.gov, won't it be different from the DS clock? That bit confused me, I suppose.

Yeah, but then won't it be different from your target time? Because you need to change your DS clock to around the target time before you can start timing for delays and whatnot.

Yeah, but then won't it be different from your target time? Because you need to change your DS clock to around the target time before you can start timing for delays and whatnot.
He is not going for a target time from the sounds of it, I assume he is doing it just for shiny eggs.

Make sure you aren't doing any dumb mistakes like having the wrong pokemon name or misplacing a stat or something.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What I was getting at yesterday, is that I got the egg correctly the way it was described, but once I checked the PID (in pokesav) it was WAY off. Now when I loaded my save and used pokesav to change my ID/SID (no other changes whatsoever) the PID once I recieved the egg was correct. (I may point out that I checked the frame on the game I got the egg on, the PID there was correct for the end result I got the first time I recieved the egg - this was correct for the initial ID/SID, which were not right for the shiny. Then I got the right PID with the second time I got the egg, after the ID/SID change.)

It's really confusing me, and the only way I got it to work was to find the Target PID on the game I was trading to, and find the taps and flips for that PID on the original game. Which was almost impossible <_<.

The only point that the PID changed was when I changed the ID/SID, so someone go the wrong end of the stick with interpreting what I said.

All my request was actually about, was having a PID finder for a specific seed. Much quicker.
I honestly have no idea what you are saying.

Or asking for.

The PID changes when?

Why are you trading shit back and forth from games?

What are you trying to accomplish?

The ONLY thing I can think of here where a PID would not be what you thought it was is the case where you select international parents and then get your SID/ID wrong AND RNG reporter reported it as shiny. It won't be the same PID you were expecting 75% (exactly, not an estimate) of the time.

In this part of the OP it says:

"Use any combination of these to advance the RNG. For even numbers it is recommended to use journal flips exclusively. Divide the number of RNG advances that are required and divide that number by 2 for the number of journal flips."

"For odd numbers the easiest method is to have an odd number of Pokémon in your party and walk 128 steps on tiles where there are no wild Pokémon. After this subtract the number of Pokémon in your party from the number of required RNG advances and then divide this number by 2 to get the number of journal flips that are required."

I was just wondering what the even and odd numbers are referring to.

I'm trying to do the "Get Perfect Wondercard" thingy...

I've got the prerequisites, I've got 14 seconds/614-640 delay from the calibration phrase, and now I'm trying to find a spread/target time for a perfect timid deoxys...

I opened Time Finder, went to DPPt Capture, and put in my info
(Year 2009, Max Frame 500, Min/Max Delay 614/640, Method 1, Timid, all 31 IVs, Any ability, ID and SID, and Shiny checked.)

However when I hit generate, after waiting for like 5 minutes, nothing happens. I don't get a box saying no results found, nothing opens up in RNG Reporter window...I'm not sure what's going on. I've raised the Max Frame to 1000 and still nothing. >__> Is this human error or maybe there simply isn't a way to get a shiny timid deoxys with perfect IVs <.<

I'm trying to do the "Get Perfect Wondercard" thingy...

I've got the prerequisites, I've got 14 seconds/614-640 delay from the calibration phrase, and now I'm trying to find a spread/target time for a perfect timid deoxys...

I opened Time Finder, went to DPPt Capture, and put in my info
(Year 2009, Max Frame 500, Min/Max Delay 614/640, Method 1, Timid, all 31 IVs, Any ability, ID and SID, and Shiny checked.)

However when I hit generate, after waiting for like 5 minutes, nothing happens. I don't get a box saying no results found, nothing opens up in RNG Reporter window...I'm not sure what's going on. I've raised the Max Frame to 1000 and still nothing. >__> Is this human error or maybe there simply isn't a way to get a shiny timid deoxys with perfect IVs <.<
Because you can't get flawless shinys unless you are lucky, which you arent. Also, if its wondercard, it can't be shiny I believe.

In hindsight I was accidentally reading "Capturing perfect Pokemon" for some reason.
I just put the seed 690302C3 (Frame 43) (So I can get a timid deoxys with perfect non-atk IVs) into the Seed to Time and got:

Year: 2079 (01/01)
Time: 03:45:59
Delay: 628 (My most common result)

So now my Synchronize time would be 3:44:00
And my Reset time would be 3:45:45 (-14 seconds)
Is that correct?

Also since the Frame of the seed was 43, and that's Odd, the wondercard section says:
Keep in mind that odd spreads are going to be much easier to hit, as the directions that follow have the Journal pop up on game start and have you immediately collecting your gift after the Journal is canceled. This is done because the NPCs that wander inside of the Pokémart advance the RNG. Remember that Journal flips to pages with caught and captured Pokémon advance the RNG by two, so since we start at 1, the frame number will remain odd after each flip.

I don't understand, is it saying that I'm supposed to be on an odd frame because that's what the directions are assuming?
o_O

target frame - number of wandering Pokémon - 1.
Also, based on this, my frame will equal 42? (43-0-1) ? So that's 21 journal flips?

so all I should need to do is hit my delay (the 10 flips are T,H,T,H,H,T,H,T,T,T which is what I get when I put my seed into the RNG reporters Seed(hex) area) and then flip the journal 21 times to get the Special spread from the first page?
And does Synchronize work on wondercard otherwise it's really going to suck having to hit my delay ~50 times till I find a Timid/Modest and I probably will give up by then -___-

EDIT
now i'm confused how to check if i've hit my delay since the journal opens up before I can do the tosses and people might walk around and advance the RNG even more before i get done with the coin flips <.<

Quick Question. I would like to help my brother breed a shiny on his game. I already found his SID, but I was wondering, is it possible to trade after he finds a spread so that I may give him the proper parents?

Quick Question. I would like to help my brother breed a shiny on his game. I already found his SID, but I was wondering, is it possible to trade after he finds a spread so that I may give him the proper parents?
Going into a trade room or somewhere with wifi causes the RNG to shuffle or something, so no you can't give him the right parents.

Seed some monsters back to back in a quiet (like the water on the lakes) area and determine if the number of RNG calls between battles is a consistant 8. IE. Scent 10 Pokémon back to back. Note the method J frames of each one and report. Using a syncher here is probably not a good idea.

How would I go about doing this?

shininess is determined when the egg is made (when the guy turns to the right) but IVs are determined when you take the egg...so maybe, if the guy is facing right, the egg is a guaranteed shiny? I might be wrong, maybe if the rng is changed even after the shiny has been "made" it can "unshiny"
I'm no expert >.>

Also because I g2g soon and I really wanna do this tonight before I go battle mah brother 8D

I just put the seed 690302C3 (Frame 43)
(So I can get a timid deoxys with perfect non-atk IVs)
into the Seed to Time and got:

Year: 2079 (01/01)
Time: 03:45:59
Delay: 628 (My most common result)

So now my Synchronize time would be 3:44:00
And my Reset time would be 3:45:45 (-14 seconds)

Is that correct?

Also since the Frame of the seed was 43, and that's Odd, the wondercard section says:
Keep in mind that odd spreads are going to be much easier to hit, as the directions that follow have the Journal pop up on game start and have you immediately collecting your gift after the Journal is canceled. This is done because the NPCs that wander inside of the Pokémart advance the RNG. Remember that Journal flips to pages with caught and captured Pokémon advance the RNG by two, so since we start at 1, the frame number will remain odd after each flip.

I don't understand, is it saying that I'm supposed to be on an odd frame because that's what the directions are assuming?
o_O

target frame - number of wandering Pokémon - 1.
Also, based on this, my frame will equal 42?
(43-0-1) ?
So that's 21 journal flips?

so all I should need to do is hit my delay (the 10 flips are T,H,T,H,H,T,H,T,T,T which is what I get when I put my seed into the RNG reporters Seed(hex) area) and then flip the journal 21 times to get the Special spread from the first page?
And does Synchronize work on wondercard otherwise it's really going to suck having to hit my delay ~50 times till I find a Timid/Modest and I probably will give up by then -___-

EDIT
now i'm confused how to check if i've hit my delay since the journal opens up before I can do the tosses and people might walk around and advance the RNG even more before i get done with the coin flips <.<

Seed some monsters back to back in a quiet (like the water on the lakes) area and determine if the number of RNG calls between battles is a consistant 8. IE. Scent 10 Pokémon back to back. Note the method J frames of each one and report. Using a syncher here is probably not a good idea.

How would I go about doing this?
Pretty sure this does not need testing, and the number is 7 if you were to sweet scent I thought. 5 from the battle, 1 for the monsters, and 1 for sweet scent, if you understand what I mean.

Mendokuse - Wait till someone else helps you because I'm going to bed so I'm not mentioning everything / might miss some things.

wondercards are method 1 sorta. They have there own list where to generate, and the method 1 frame in wondercards is 2 frames higher. Synchers won't work.

I honestly have no idea what you are saying.

Or asking for.

The PID changes when?

Why are you trading shit back and forth from games?

What are you trying to accomplish?

The ONLY thing I can think of here where a PID would not be what you thought it was is the case where you select international parents and then get your SID/ID wrong AND RNG reporter reported it as shiny. It won't be the same PID you were expecting 75% (exactly, not an estimate) of the time.
*facepalm*
I may not be god at explaining things, but here is the most dumbed down version I can give without making it illegible.
I tested one egg in several situations. I used the seed to find a shiny egg with international parents for a different game (I double checked my ID/SID) and then did the taps/flips for it. The taps and flips were on the FIRST game, where I found my seed. I did it all perfectly, then made the egg, and saved before getting it.

AFTER SAVING, I exported a copy of the .sav file (this was on my flashcart btw) then loaded up the save, got the egg, saved again, checked the PID. It was the PID for the frame I needed... But for the wrong ID/SID. (E.G, I used ID/SID of 00000/00000, and the other game was 00001/00001. The frame needed to get a shiny on the second game - 00001/00001 - was 10. The PID on frame 10 of the first game - 00000/00000 - was what I ended up with after doing the taps and flips. So, that PID is set, and once traded to the second game -00001/00001 - the egg was not shiny (did not even appear shiny.) After I saw this, I knew what went wrong.)

After my first failure, I wanted to check I hadn't fucked up. So I loaded the .sav into pokesav, changed the ID/SID to the second games one (00001/00001 frm the example) and got the egg. Checked the PID, it matched the one I had wanted from the start. Traded it over, hatched the shiny.

Now, where can you either point out that I went wrong, considering I am the one suggesting that I had to find the target PID for the second game (00001/00001) on the first game (00001/00001). An exaple of this, is say the first games frame 10 had a PID of FFFFFF, and I wanted the frame 10 PID on the second game, which is FFFFFE. If I want the egg to hatch shiny, wouldn't I have to get the target PID (FFFFFE) on the first game? (It could be on frame 11 instead.)

Using this example, I should have to use taps/flips to get to frame 11 to get the desired PID, then collect it and trade it over, to hatch shiny on the recieving end.

(Note that Game one is Pearl, and Game two is Platinum, if that makes any difference. ButI am quite certain of what I did.)

Now, if I have a question, its this: If I should just be able to generate an egg for another game just by using the initial seed and the other games ID/SID... Where the hell did I go wrong? Once I changed the ID/SID of the first game to the target ID/SID, it came out as predicted! It was the ONLY change.

I really would like someone to show me proof this other way works btw.

International parents only work for the ID/SID of the game the egg is being made on. If you want to trade the egg, use non-international parents.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Now, if I have a question, its this: If I should just be able to generate an egg for another game just by using the initial seed and the other games ID/SID... Where the hell did I go wrong? Once I changed the ID/SID of the first game to the target ID/SID, it came out as predicted! It was the ONLY change.
You CANT do what you want to do with international parents. Period. (well it will work 25% of the time, but in those cases the international parents did not affect the PID, it was already going to be shiny).

When using international parents the game modifies each PID up to 4 times looking for something that is shiny. On the game where the egg is generated.

Putting in the wrong ID/SID (wrong meaning that it is not the ID/SID of the game where you will be getting the eggs) combined with international parents means that for 75% of the shiny frames the PID won't match what you thought it would.

In this part of the OP it says:

"Use any combination of these to advance the RNG. For even numbers it is recommended to use journal flips exclusively. Divide the number of RNG advances that are required and divide that number by 2 for the number of journal flips."

"For odd numbers the easiest method is to have an odd number of Pokémon in your party and walk 128 steps on tiles where there are no wild Pokémon. After this subtract the number of Pokémon in your party from the number of required RNG advances and then divide this number by 2 to get the number of journal flips that are required."

I was just wondering what the even and odd numbers are referring to.
In the steps before you calculated a number called "How many times I need to advance the rngs" the section you quoted is the "How do I advance the RNG" section ... So you are calculating how to advance the RNG by the number you came up with in the previous section.

Do it after your journal flips. I think the directions say this, no?

I don't understand how I would go about using RNG Reporter to SR for a Shiny/Perfect Darkrai on Monday... how can it be used to do so?

I don't understand how I would go about using RNG Reporter to SR for a Shiny/Perfect Darkrai on Monday... how can it be used to do so?
Okay, I will give you step by step directions:
1. Download RNG reporter
2. Enter your ID/SID
3. Read the OP.
4. Don't come back until you do.

Okay, I will give you step by step directions:
1. Download RNG reporter
2. Enter your ID/SID
3. Read the OP.
4. Don't come back until you do.

I already know how to work RNG Reporter, and have read the OP. I just have never actually tried to capture Pokémon, just breed. And now that I read the section on how to do so, I am confused about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 19)