Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Erm. I was.. I was searching up to 20,000, it would have showed up if I had it.. unless I'm misunderstanding something?
Oh 20 000! Sorry I didn't read carefully my bad!

gamer22: It's still in testing mode, at least it's what I heard.
However their might exist a guide and the new RNG report 7.01 can search for your HG/SS delay.

Erm. I was.. I was searching up to 20,000, it would have showed up if I had it.. unless I'm misunderstanding something?
Try making your maximum delay smaller and see if you get any other results. I get two differnet spreads when I search for different delays. I think it just chooses the one with the lowest frame or something, idk. xD

600-1000
850196610F 505c1b54 (JOLLY, ability 0) 31/31/31/24/31/31 (Seed: 2c150368 Frame: 286) HP ELECTRIC 59 !!!

600-2000
850196610F 505c1b54 (JOLLY, ability 0) 31/31/31/24/31/31 (Seed: 9809068e Frame: 224) HP ELECTRIC 59 !!!

The first one's frame is higher, but has a lower delay. The second one has a lower frame, but a higher delay. :3

Try making your maximum delay smaller and see if you get any other results. I get two differnet spreads when I search for different delays. I think it just chooses the one with the lowest frame or something, idk. xD

600-1000
850196610F 505c1b54 (JOLLY, ability 0) 31/31/31/24/31/31 (Seed: 2c150368 Frame: 286) HP ELECTRIC 59 !!!

600-2000
850196610F 505c1b54 (JOLLY, ability 0) 31/31/31/24/31/31 (Seed: 9809068e Frame: 224) HP ELECTRIC 59 !!!

The first one's frame is higher, but has a lower delay. The second one has a lower frame, but a higher delay. :3
Okay, I'll try that tomorrow, thanks. ^^

oh i see i guess ill wait for the guide
Well even if it's not here it might still exist....when someone more experienced with HG/SS is on the PRNG thread, maybe you should ask then if you really want to RNG abuse on them...or you could always embark on the IIRC channel.

NOTE: You can read throughout the All PRNG Reasearch thread in the Wi-Fi section, it might give you hints on what to do.

Is there a way of getting the older version of the RNG Reporter?
Im having trouble with the DPPt Shiny finder...
Either that or I seriously lost my ability to properly count.

So apparently people can RNG with HG/SS. Can someone please give me clear instructions / help?

EDIT: Sorry, I posted without looking through this thread. I know ClikC has some HG/SS RNG pokes, and I really want to know how he did it.

There aren't really clear instructions. From what I've seen on the HG/SS RNG
thread, they really can only abuse using save states. (Though, I think someone did it without them)Mostly because of the inconsistency of frame advancing I think.

Double posting because this is a totally different issue and I really want an answer, I hope it's okay..

While SRing for good shiny spreads, I got this

4021190068F 7635b5cb (TIMID, ability 1) 28/21/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 12020b63 Frame: 7) HP ICE 68 !!!

It changes to frame 1 for Method J. Does that mean I'll never be able to get a Gastly with this because sweet scenting advances the frame by 2? :[
Why don't you just breed a shiny perfect Gastly?

20 - 29 / 30 - 31 / 10 - 19 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 31
frame 3 or 4 both to close

0 - 9 / 30 - 31 / 20 - 29 / 31 / 0 - 9 / 10 - 19
frame 4

20 - 29 / 10 - 19 / 0 - 9 / 20 - 29 / 0 - 9 / 31
frame 3

0 - 9 / 10 - 19 / 0 - 9 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 31
frame 7

10 - 19 / 10 - 19 / 10 - 19 / 20 - 29 / 30 - 31 / 31
frame 4

i think im hitting frame 4 the most

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Double posting because this is a totally different issue and I really want an answer, I hope it's okay..

While SRing for good shiny spreads, I got this

4021190068F 7635b5cb (TIMID, ability 1) 28/21/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 12020b63 Frame: 7) HP ICE 68 !!!

It changes to frame 1 for Method J. Does that mean I'll never be able to get a Gastly with this because sweet scenting advances the frame by 2? :[
It only appears in one frame for Method J? That's a quite rare occurence, at least to me. It's possible this same spread appears in another seed at a higher frame; try searching for it in RNGReporter. Remember that it may also be at a high delay.

EDIT: Found another seed.

4021190068F 7635b5cb (TIMID, ability 1) 28/21/30/31/31/31 (Seed: ba03038f Frame: 11) HP ICE 68

Its Method J frames are 1, 3 and 5. Now you can SR for it :) Its delay in 2009 is 902 though, so you'll have to use Emloop/a stopwatch.

Maybe he/she wants it in a ball other than Poké.

I know that using emloop to hit delays is different for everyone but how long do you reckon you spend on emloop trying to hit your delays?
I miss by delays by 5, once I was 1 off =[. Just so frustrating, but I've only been doing it for 10-15 mins so far XD.

I know that using emloop to hit delays is different for everyone but how long do you reckon you spend on emloop trying to hit your delays?
I miss by delays by 5, once I was 1 off =[. Just so frustrating, but I've only been doing it for 10-15 mins so far XD.
If you are 1 off, you may never hit it. Are you one of the people who only hit odd or even delays?

Also about HG/SS RNG abuse, it does require save states for most cases. If you plan on going for a low frame one, it is possible but long. First you have to hit your seed, and there is no way to confirm it as of now. After that, you have to advance the seed, which the only reliable way is by walking so far. 128 steps not in grass advances by the amount of pokemon in your party.

It is possible without save states because I have done it.

No :o, I hit both odd and even delays. I have no idea why but meh. I might try it with my sister's pearl and see if there's any difference.
I must've got beginner's luck when I used emloop first time, got it within 10 attempts.

Are the odd ones (I know you usually hit evens) on different times? Like say you're aiming for 20:22:59, are the odd ones on like 20:22:55? I had that, it just came down to accuracy on the reset, and making sure the numbers on emloop add up to 59!

I have no idea. I still haven't hit my delay yet, but I can hit both odds and evens =/, beginning to think there's something wrong with my game.

Also, a quick question, if I'm aiming for frame 1401, my delay is 602.
If I change my year, can I hit 1401? I'm guessing not because changing the year changes my delay and thus changes my target delay.

I have no idea. I still haven't hit my delay yet, but I can hit both odds and evens =/, beginning to think there's something wrong with my game.

Also, a quick question, if I'm aiming for frame 1401, my delay is 602.
If I change my year, can I hit 1401? I'm guessing not because changing the year changes my delay and thus changes my target delay.
Thats correct, a delay of 640 in 2009 turns into 639 in 2010. If your delays are flipping between odd and even, try inserting a GBA cart which will hopefully give you a stable odd delay.

Edit, IIRC you abuse on a DSi, which means you might not be able to do what I suggested...

Hey I'm seem to keep having an issue with my oak's letter shaymin: everytime I put it's stats in the Find Initial Seed by Stats section, it comes back Invalid Stats.

Thats correct, a delay of 640 in 2009 turns into 639 in 2010. If your delays are flipping between odd and even, try inserting a GBA cart which will hopefully give you a stable odd delay.

Edit, IIRC you abuse on a DSi, which means you might not be able to do what I suggested...
If I use a different Ds would it change? =/.
I could always use my sister's DS Lite XD <- Although I don't actually have any GBA Games =/
EDIT: If it woun't work it means I won't get that shiny careful registeel *sobs*

@JRT, I'm not entirely sure if you can use legendaries to find your seed. When I was catching Uxie, I couldn't check Uxie's stats to find my seed =/, I had to fly resort area and catch a Nubkarp.

JRT - Either the stats you put in are wrong, the nature is wrong, or you selected the wrong characteristic.

Destiny100 - You CAN use legendary pokemon to find your seed.

If I use a different Ds would it change? =/.
I could always use my sister's DS Lite XD <- Although I don't actually have any GBA Games =/
EDIT: If it woun't work it means I won't get that shiny careful registeel *sobs*

@JRT, I'm not entirely sure if you can use legendaries to find your seed. When I was catching Uxie, I couldn't check Uxie's stats to find my seed =/, I had to fly resort area and catch a Nubkarp.
I'm doubtful that using a different DS would change your delay, but then I've not used a game with a flipping delay on two different DS's, perhaps someone else could comment?

If the worse come to the worst, simply change the year, with less than 4 months until 2010 I'm not sure it would bother most people if the understood the situation regarding the catch.

The lack of any 3rd Gen games is probably your biggest issue though.

Sorry, I am new to this, but have successfully hatched a shiny egg with the first method on page 1 XD

But I am pretty confused on hatching a perfect pokemon...
first, is the target time just any time we want? or is it supposed to be determined by factors of the game?

Seccond, why is the DS time set to be a minute before actual time (synchronize time), as described in the calibration phase?

And third, during the calibration phase when it says
Using the Poketch Coin Flip application, flip 10 times, noting the results. Then, using RNG Reporter, and click "Generate" after entering the initial seed you are targeting.
how are we supposed to know what the initial seed is that we're supposed to target, especially since finding the intial seed before was by catching a Pokemon, but here it says to use the Poketch as SOON as you get into the game?

Lol sorry for all the questions :/

I should have mentioned that it was level 30, but I thought it was obvious since I said oak's letter shaymin. And legends can be RNG.

Yeah, I want it in a dusk ball. xD
It only appears in one frame for Method J? That's a quite rare occurence, at least to me. It's possible this same spread appears in another seed at a higher frame; try searching for it in RNGReporter. Remember that it may also be at a high delay.

EDIT: Found another seed.

4021190068F 7635b5cb (TIMID, ability 1) 28/21/30/31/31/31 (Seed: ba03038f Frame: 11) HP ICE 68

Its Method J frames are 1, 3 and 5. Now you can SR for it :) Its delay in 2009 is 902 though, so you'll have to use Emloop/a stopwatch.
That's awesome, thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 24)