Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm having a little trouble with using the Emloop timer to hit higher delays. The delay I'm trying to hit is 593, and the delay I usually use is 489 (difference 104) and HG takes 13 seconds to start up. My target seed is 8d17025b and I found 2010 05 10 23:46:45 to be a suitable time for that.

So here you see that I've filled out the screen with the appropriate values. If I'm understanding this correctly, I need to open my DS to change the time, hold the Confirm button on my DS and the Start button on Emloop down and release them at the same time. I then start the game, SR when the timer hits 0, hit A to the continue screen, and hit A again when the timer hits 0 again. However, when I start SRing, I don't hit seeds anywhere near the one I'm looking for. I tried it about 10 times and searched Elm responses for delays +-50 and seconds +-2, and I don't get anything. I think I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?
You're entering in the wrong delay value. The value you enter into that box is going to be GREATER than the delay you want - to account for the short time the game is loading and frames are not progressing. Check out the emloop guide on post #7 of this thread ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1907765&postcount=7 ). Specifically, step #1 and #9.

It sounds like you're doing the process correctly - just not using the right numbers. :)

I wanna ask question if someone could answer them i be greatful thank this is got emerald rng abuse

do you need you sid to be able to rng abuse wild pokemon

do you really need rng abuse reporter if you already got frame and know the time you have to reset and already have time watch

I have a target time of 9.36.41 and it hasty nature this is just test run and its for sweet scent im already i have saved at my point then when im in game i reset at 9.36.20 then as soon as i get ingame i use sweet scent and i hit 9.36.41 thats all i done is there something i need to do before does that sound correct or am i doing something wrong if so pm me i need help thanks

if i eliminate the roamers, but have already beaten the elite four twice, will they never come back? or do I just have to rebeat the elite four again? and also do they effect breeding for perfect IV's in HG,SS? I thoguht they did but just wan to make sure

Thanks Mingot! I re-calibrated and I got better results... and I hit my target time + Delay for Giratina-O

The game loads the distortion world map and it advances 11 frames. When I go to my key items to open my journal and then exit my journal without any flips does that advance 11 frames becuase of the distortion world? or once I close my item bag or once i close my menu it advances the 11? I also need to switch my synchronizer to first slot, will that advance the frame 11 if I open my menu, switch him to first, and exit back to the distortion world?
And 'Got pokemon from Rob' does that count as a journal flip? A pokemon from a trade?

Ok, so here's my problem in HG: I can hit my seconds entering into the game just fine (13), but I can never hit the right delay; my calibrated average is 496 (which conveniently is the amount I also need to hit for this seed), but I just...can't...hit the fucker, the closest I've came in delays are like 484, 488, and 491 once, half the time I can't even get close to the delay and it's way off. Is there any way at all to play around with this so you can hit delays more accurately, or is it basically a fucking crap shoot as to what you get?

Hi, i would like to know which method is meant to be used in the RNG reporter, if i want RNG for the extrasensory Togepi egg given to you by the pokemart delivery man in HG/SS early in the game?

thanks

Ok, so here's my problem in HG: I can hit my seconds entering into the game just fine (13), but I can never hit the right delay; my calibrated average is 496 (which conveniently is the amount I also need to hit for this seed), but I just...can't...hit the fucker, the closest I've came in delays are like 484, 488, and 491 once, half the time I can't even get close to the delay and it's way off. Is there any way at all to play around with this so you can hit delays more accurately, or is it basically a fucking crap shoot as to what you get?
Pehu gave me the best advice I've had for hitting the target and that is to download and use the Pikatimer java applet. Pikatimer

I began by missing the second but almost getting the delay. So I personally went for a second of 14 as I think my calibrated second is in the high 13 seconds. To hit the my calibrated delay and the second I'm going for I would use PikaTimer to have a wait of 61 seconds before the next timer and have that next timer at 13.

A way to check your calibrated delay would be this if you can't seem to hit it even after doing that.

On the RNG reporter I would recommend choosing the seed. From there go and put the Seed to Time. At that point choose the Date, Year, the seconds you calibrated. In the part underneath that I would make the delay + or - 20 and the second + or - 1. Click generate. After that when you go in game call Elm 9 times and put in the calls you got and find the delay and seed you got. Try again and again until you find the delay you hit most often. When you find your delay just change the year and keep on working again.

I have a question about breeding for shiny nidorans.

Strangely, nidorans go against the normal breeding guidelines. I'll explain:

A while back when I first started breeding for a non-shiny Nidoran(F) I chose an egg spread that had a gender ratio that was completely Female(F/F/F/F) and I got a Nidoran(M)! I 've done this several times to make sure that I was hitting the egg spread correctly and I was. I would get the nature, but not the gender I wanted. I experimented a bit with the gender ratios, until I chose one that was F/M/M/F. I finally got Nidoran(F).

When I plan to breed for my Shiny Nidorans. I want them to have an egg move. Under what gender condition should they be under as to ensure that I get the gender I want hopefully not run into a problem like I did before?

RNG Reporter's seed finder assumes there isn't a sync, right? So the only way to check your seed in sandstorm is without a syncer, then you switch the syncer into the first slot after advancements? Does this affect the frame at all?

EDIT: And if I learned which patches shake on which delays, can I put the syncer in the front of my party and save, or will that change the radar?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RNG Reporter's seed finder assumes there isn't a sync, right? So the only way to check your seed in sandstorm is without a syncer, then you switch the syncer into the first slot after advancements? Does this affect the frame at all?

EDIT: And if I learned which patches shake on which delays, can I put the syncer in the front of my party and save, or will that change the radar?
actually you can leave your syncher in front RNG reporter's seed finder will take into account and give you a seed once you input the info, at least that how it works for me. About the patches, switching around your party doesn't advance your frames as long as you don't advance frames before using your pokewalker the patches should be the same for a specific seed everytime you use the pokewalker.

I'm trying to get giratina origin btw

So the game loads the distortion world map and it advances 11 frames. I understand that. When I go to my key items to open my journal and then exit my journal without any flips does that advance 11 frames becuase of the distortion world? or once I close my item bag or once i close my menu it advances the 11? I also need to switch my synchronizer to first slot, will that advance the frame 11 if I open my menu, switch him to first, and exit back to the distortion world?
And 'Got pokemon from Rob' does that count as a journal flip? A pokemon from a trade?

can anybody answer my question lol??

which method am i meant to use in RNG reporter to RNG abuse the Togepi egg given by Professor Elms assistant in the pokemart early in the game.

since its not actually breeded, but is in fact handed over to the player, i wasnt sure if its method 1 or one of the EGG methods.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
can anybody answer my question lol??

which method am i meant to use in RNG reporter to RNG abuse the Togepi egg given by Professor Elms assistant in the pokemart early in the game.

since its not actually breeded, but is in fact handed over to the player, i wasnt sure if its method 1 or one of the EGG methods.
method 1 its a gift pokemon and if you read the second post of this topic you would have seen that

I'm trying to get giratina origin btw

So the game loads the distortion world map and it advances 11 frames. I understand that. When I go to my key items to open my journal and then exit my journal without any flips does that advance 11 frames becuase of the distortion world? or once I close my item bag or once i close my menu it advances the 11? I also need to switch my synchronizer to first slot, will that advance the frame 11 if I open my menu, switch him to first, and exit back to the distortion world?
I remember my first RNG was the Giratina of the Distortion world. It makes it really easy to advance the frame to a high frame with the +11 each time the distortion world shows on the screen.

so when you press continue and enter the game world, you start on a frame of 12 (1 for the Giratina frame + 11 of the distortion world frame) and each time you go into your bag/pokemon and come back out of it where you can see the Giratina-O (assuming you have saved next to it) or the distortion world again, it increases the frame by 11 again.

So basically each time you can see the Giratina your frame is increased by 11.
so opening up the menu and then the journal and then exiting the journal so you can see Giratina/Distortion world/your own player, will increase the frame by 11, assuming you didnt do any journal flips.

and i dnt think traded pokemon counts. but im not 100% sure about that.

So for distortion world I can just advance the frames by 11 to make it go by faster by just hitting bag and then back over and over?

yeah thats correct Elemt.

btw another question. can anyone tell me how much the frame advances if an NPC is facing the left for example and the takes one step to the right.
is that counted as 2 movements (a turn and then a step, even though it looks like one movement) or just one movement (just a step).

how much would it increase the frame

Hey um what's up with Emloop? After it does my 71.6 seconds, it won't do the 16.39 anymore like it used to. What's up?
i had that problem this morning. i think its because you have to put a "0" in the box on the right, below the one you put for the timer that tells you when to Soft Reset

I just hit my target time for Giratina confirmed with coin flips. The only good shiny one I found though has such a high frame 7714... Lol Time to do 700 distortion frame advances...

hey guys i'm having trouble rnging in my ss cart. i'm trying to hit my seed "aa060c7e" which has a delay of 3188 in 2010. to hit the delay i use pikatimer, which has worked for me in my diamond game. i change my delay to 490 and my seconds to 13. i've been trying for the last 10 minutes using irwin calls to verify my seed. when i enter the calls into rngreporter (after changing them to elm responses using romsstar's post in the research thread) to verify my seed, it says "no match was found". i decided to change search range from +-20 delay and +-1 second to +-99 delay and +- 9 second i still get "no match found". what's going on?

here's some other info that might help. i've turned the radio off. i'm in the burnt tower basement and i have 6 pokemon in my party. i hit my target time down to the minute. it's a tuesday on the date i'm rnging.

hi people i have a quick question :)

I'm rnging for a shiny eevee from the Celadon Game Corner in Soul Silver. Do I still subtract the monster frame from my target frame? If so, would the monster frame be 1?

Thanks!! :]

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
hi people i have a quick question :)

I'm rnging for a shiny eevee from the Celadon Game Corner in Soul Silver. Do I still subtract the monster frame from my target frame? If so, would the monster frame be 1?

Thanks!! :]
Yes you do, and for now assume that it is 1 I do not think anyone has felt like looking into it to see if it was anything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)