Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If you hit odd delays you will only be able to hit odd delays unless you insert a pokemon GBA Game into it which brings up the Migrate option that alters the delay. Change the year by one to get it odd and you should be able to hit your seed.

If you hit odd delays you will only be able to hit odd delays unless you insert a pokemon GBA Game into it which brings up the Migrate option that alters the delay. Change the year by one to get it odd and you should be able to hit your seed.
Thank you for the advice!

I need some help with pokerng (I'm so hopeless XD), well whenever I search seeds on it they all seem to have ability 0 on them which isn't good cause I'm trying to catch a scyther with technician, how can I change that?
Bump, does anybody know or do I just have to use a different program?

If you're getting only one ability for a nature, it's because you're not giving the program enough leeway with the IVs you asked for. I just did jolly with 28 IVs minimum and I had a mix of ability 0 and 1. I tried again with the minimum of 30 for all IVs and again I had a mix of ability 0 and 1. You need to lower your standards, if you've shoved all 31s in there. Drop an unimportant stat down to zero minimum and see what spreads you get with the remaining stats at 31. You don't need SpAtt on a jolly scyther, for example.

Im currently rnging for a shiny Sudowoodo. I hit the right delay thanks to pika timer but i didnt get what i was looking for. Im not sure if the problem's coming from my SID being wrong or if there's an npc on that route that messed up my frame.

Btw, what does the frame generate while youre trying to rng something?

So I want to RNG for Boomlax to start off my "Pokewalker project," but I'm still confused with how Pokewalker RNG abuse works in general. I guess for now, I'll just start with hitting the seed.

So I understand that after finding a seed, I have to change the year so the delay is 0. The seed I'm trying out is 3903004e, so to make it 0, I change the year to 2078. My question with that is, say I want to hit the seed at time 3:03:00. At what point shout I start the game to hit the delay at that second?

So I want to RNG for Boomlax to start off my "Pokewalker project," but I'm still confused with how Pokewalker RNG abuse works in general. I guess for now, I'll just start with hitting the seed.

So I understand that after finding a seed, I have to change the year so the delay is 0. The seed I'm trying out is 3903004e, so to make it 0, I change the year to 2078. My question with that is, say I want to hit the seed at time 3:03:00. At what point shout I start the game to hit the delay at that second?
Not at all correct. The game always assumes the seed for the pokewalker is zero, because the pokewalker seed is taken when the game first begins to load. All you have to do is worry about the game starting to load at the correct second.

I've been trying to find a range of delays and seconds to abuse for IVs, but I've been getting second from 14 up to 32 and delays from 628 up to 640. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Okay, for the seconds, are you soft reseting (or cold starting) your game when the clock reaches the next minute, with the second being :00? As for the delay, you're not being very consistent with your tapping from attempt to attempt.

I soft reset once my external clock, which is 1 second faster than my ingame clock, reaches :01. Then I tap at the same speed each time. I'll try a few more resets and see what that gets me.

Not at all correct. The game always assumes the seed for the pokewalker is zero, because the pokewalker seed is taken when the game first begins to load. All you have to do is worry about the game starting to load at the correct second.
But at which point is the seed for the PokéWalker set, after the point where you see the legend and the text "Press start button" ?

Sync effects on Stationary Legendaries

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding RNGing a stationary legendary in HGSS. Will a synchronizer affect the frames for a particular seed? The reason I am asking this is because when I use pokeRNG, I found that a seed, when with sync, had very low frames but that seed would not give the desired IV spreads without sync (it says method K (no sync): none)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding RNGing a stationary legendary in HGSS. Will a synchronizer affect the frames for a particular seed? The reason I am asking this is because when I use pokeRNG, I found that a seed, when with sync, had very low frames but that seed would not give the desired IV spreads without sync (it says method K (no sync): none)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
using a sync changes the frames.

@SwordplayKnight - not sure on this one, but i believe starters are method 1 because they're gifts.

How would I get around this then? Would there be any way to check the seed? Much less, advance the frame?

(I'm not so worried about the seed since I figure I can hit my delay pretty easily) the frame is the only issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 30)