Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

On a spread that you want to use, just right click the spread and then click "Calculate Encounter Slots". You should then see the encounter slots and you can then check the encounter tables to see which Pokemon will appear on a certain spread.

Hello,

My progression through RNGing has gone slowly, but I think I have gained so far a bit of knowledge to carry on. Shiny Eggs was easy, collecting eggs with desired IVs was a bit slower but I got there, and now I'm trying ot capture legendaries with desirable IV spreads. I have a couple of questions:

-The guide says "...you will want to verify that you have correctly hit your target time and delay. The easiest way to do this is to use the Coin Flip trick...". Why is it that flipping coins in here does not advance your RNG? Or does it actually do it, and I'd have to take that into consideration when doing the journal flips?

-How do you hit high delays? I mean, I regularly get 598-601 as my delay, but I've seen seeds that generate from delays in the 1060's (pretty good spreads, BTW), but how does one get there?

Thanks for your assistance.

How come there is a question mark next to the fishing results when using the "Calculate Encounter Slots" feature for Method K? I believe with Method J it would tell you whether you'd get a bite or not.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How come there is a question mark next to the fishing results when using the "Calculate Encounter Slots" feature for Method K? I believe with Method J it would tell you whether you'd get a bite or not.
because RNG reporter hasn't been updated with the fishing results for specific frames for method K so you'll just have to try and hope you get a bite on a specific frame and yes for method J pokemon you could tell if the frame gave you a bite or not for specific rod.

because RNG reporter hasn't been updated with the fishing results for specific frames for method K so you'll just have to try and hope you get a bite on a specific frame and yes for method J pokemon you could tell if the frame gave you a bite or not for specific rod.
Ah, okay. I'm going after a Horsea, so I'll just use Surf instead of fish.

How does Sweet Scent frame advancement work on water? If I SS while Surfing, will the Pokémon I get be on my current frame + 3 like it is in D/P/Pt?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ah, okay. I'm going after a Horsea, so I'll just use Surf instead of fish.

How does Sweet Scent frame advancement work on water? If I SS while Surfing, will the Pokémon I get be on my current frame + 3 like it is in D/P/Pt?
yup its like DPPt sweet scenting on water advances the frames by 3 so if you just sweet scent with no prior RNG advancements the pokemon will appear on frame 3.

Coin Flips advances the IRNG not the PRNG.
Thanks! so it only would affect a would-be egg on that same session.

My second question, again:

How do you hit high delays? I mean, I regularly get 598-601 as my delay, but I've seen seeds that generate from delays in the 1060's (pretty good spreads, BTW), but how does one get there?

Thanks! so it only would affect a would-be egg on that same session.

My second question, again:

How do you hit high delays? I mean, I regularly get 598-601 as my delay, but I've seen seeds that generate from delays in the 1060's (pretty good spreads, BTW), but how does one get there?
You use PikaTimer. It is like a gift from heaven!

Just to clarify, if I want to breed a shiny on HGSS, I have to match my calls twice-once to get the nature/shiny/ability/gender, then once that's verified, I reset for IVs? That seems like it would take longer than on DPPt.
New page. Also, how do you find out the shiny spreads available for what you can catch on your ID/SID? Is it a simple program?

It's not really longer than DPPt. You still have to get the right nature and ability, shininess or lack of, on the egg on DPPt. After that, you still have to soft reset for the egg IVs. So it's still two steps. Also, it's faster to do those steps on HGSS.

You find the shiny spreads you need for capturing shiny pokes, not hatching, by using PokeRNG, Wichu's program, which has a small FAQ and a link on the first few posts of this help thread.

A small tip for finding a shiny spread, if after you tried finding all shiny spreads possible for all natures possible with all the IVs at 28 and up, you can then try finding all possible spreads with attack at zero and up, and then with special attack at zero and up and lastly with speed at zero and up.

But on DPPt you can just find your seed then do coin flips/taps to easily get an egg, so it really only means one time of trying to hit my delays, which is the hard part for me.

Also, is there any advantage to doing it on HGSS other than easier frame verification, or should i finish my 3 or 4 projects before attempting HGSS?

Lastly, can you just go straight for an egg with right nature etc. and IVs on the same reset, like without having to save in front of daycare man, or do I have to do the same as on DPPt?

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm working on my first RNG abuse on HGSS, trying to catch a Moltres. I have RNG reporter showing all seeds 9 seconds out and 20 delays out from the target, and still, every time I come up with "No match was found for your Elm responses." Could someone explain this possibly?

Hey there, I just forgot one other question regarding catching stationary pokemon in DPPt with a certain spread. I'm concerned about reaching the pokemon I want with a full party. Does it matter how many pokemon are in your party when advancing the RNG by journal flipping?

"Okay, cool. First thing to do is get your parents at the ready, then save in front of the daycare lady with your parents in your party. Then, you need to find a suitable shiny spread. For this, go to the Time Finder in RNG Reporter, select the "Shiny Egg" tab, and enter the desired nature, ability (Poison Heal is Ability 1), gender, and the gender ratio (50/50 for breloom). Enter your ID and SID, then check the HGSS Shiny Egg box, and the International Parents box if applicable (if your parents are of different languages, for example a japanese ditto and an english breloom). The time is irrelevant at the moment as we can change that later, but for the delay, make the minimum around 750, up to about 850. Then hit generate. For delays this short, pick a delay that matches the odd/even pattern you got while calibrating (ie, if you got all odd, pick a spread with an odd delay, and vice versa for even)"

Okay, I got to this part in the RNGing. Can someone please help me ?

EDIT: Also, is capturing, or breeding easier?
still need help..

I see the HG/SS encounter tables have entries such as "Whirl Islands unknown floors C." What exactly does this mean? Where in Whirl Islands do I need to be to get a Pokémon from "unknown floors C?"

EDIT: After checking Pokearth on Serebii, examining what Pokémon are available on each floor, and comparing that data to the encounter tables, I'm led to believe that floor A is simply 1F, floor B is B1F, and floor C is B2F.

"Okay, cool. First thing to do is get your parents at the ready, then save in front of the daycare lady with your parents in your party. Then, you need to find a suitable shiny spread. For this, go to the Time Finder in RNG Reporter, select the "Shiny Egg" tab, and enter the desired nature, ability (Poison Heal is Ability 1), gender, and the gender ratio (50/50 for breloom). Enter your ID and SID, then check the HGSS Shiny Egg box, and the International Parents box if applicable (if your parents are of different languages, for example a japanese ditto and an english breloom). The time is irrelevant at the moment as we can change that later, but for the delay, make the minimum around 750, up to about 850. Then hit generate. For delays this short, pick a delay that matches the odd/even pattern you got while calibrating (ie, if you got all odd, pick a spread with an odd delay, and vice versa for even)"

Okay, I got to this part in the RNGing. Can someone please help me ?

EDIT: Also, is capturing, or breeding easier?
1º - I don't get where do you need help.
2º - I don't think either one is more difficult than the other. If you know how to hit high delays for god spreads in low frames, then capturing gives a whole lot less work than breeding. If you don't, then you'll have more work advancing the frame for capturing. Breeding has the disadvantage of the NPC which can give you headaches sometimes but in HGSS that negligible as there's only one and you're frame will almost always be the same as you calibrated.

Yes, you can it takes it as if the SID is 0.
Apparently, that didn't work as I got the wrong nature and I did the same thing I always do. Is there something else I can try besides the shiny egg tab or getting different eggs in order to get just the right nature and ability?

Okay, a friend who had me come here and is helping me learn this stuff said I should post here about ... well.. this. I'm looking to catch good shinys of uxie/mespirit/azelf and he said there was a list somewhere for setting your stuff just right to get the stats and everything how you want them.

"Amp: the forum should already list a bunch, like you can catch a timid with 31 all IVs if you set your calender to X and get some specific second / journal flips or somesuch"
Bumping this for a friend.

Apparently, that didn't work as I got the wrong nature and I did the same thing I always do. Is there something else I can try besides the shiny egg tab or getting different eggs in order to get just the right nature and ability?
The shiny tab works. That's what I use to get the natures when I try to breed
on HG. I just input a random ID/SID combination and I use the results to get the wanted nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)