Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

It works with ROMs, therefore there is something you are doing that isn't correct. Recheck everything, especially the date (year month day).

My Question:
How exactly do you use encounter slots? How do you make sure you land on your delay/frame to get the right pokemon? If there's a guide that explains this, please give me the link.

It works with ROMs, therefore there is something you are doing that isn't correct. Recheck everything, especially the date (year month day).

My Question:
How exactly do you use encounter slots? How do you make sure you land on your delay/frame to get the right pokemon? If there's a guide that explains this, please give me the link.
Information and tables to encounter slots can be found here.
Basically, you would right click a particular frame on the the RNG reporter and it will give you the encounter slots for it. For example, say that a particular ditto appears on encounter slots 4,5,6,7. You would search for the frames that would have those encounter slots in the sweetscent (grass/cave) section.

Basically, you would right click a particular frame on the the RNG reporter and it will give you the encounter slots for it. For example, say that a particular ditto appears on encounter slots 4,5,6,7. You would search for the frames that would have those encounter slots in the sweetscent (grass/cave) section.
Are the encounter slots always accurate?

Are the encounter slots always accurate?
As of now, they are all accurate. However, some places such as the Safari Zone or the Feebas at Mt. Cornet have large variability hence no encounter slots have been made for them yet.
editL I mean there are encounter slots but it is just that they are not always the same.

As of now, they are all accurate. However, some places such as the Safari Zone or the Feebas at Mt. Cornet have large variability hence no encounter slots have been made for them yet.
editL I mean there are encounter slots but it is just that they are not always the same.
Just so I'm clear, that is the only hard thing about Feebas correct? I mean people have said that fishing for them is easier given a smaller fishing spot.

Getting back into trying RNG, im at the stage where I'm resetting for egg IV's and I'm using AR with my DSi, but whenever i soft reset the codes dont auto load again so I cant really get a delay or anything consistent.. is there any way to have the codes not unload upon soft reset?

Just so I'm clear, that is the only hard thing about Feebas correct? I mean people have said that fishing for them is easier given a smaller fishing spot.
This is true, but only because Feebas can be found in only 10 'squares' at a time. Hence, the smaller the area, the more likely you will fish on one of those 10.

Now for MY question. Does battling trainers with the VS completely cancel out any effects they will have on the RNG after that? And if it does, they remain like that until you leave the route, not just turn off the game, correct?

I was wondering if someone could point me to a fairly specific guide on RNG capturing in HG SS. I want to learn how to get specific pokemon in the wild?

Also, how do you know which ability is which number?

Getting back into trying RNG, im at the stage where I'm resetting for egg IV's and I'm using AR with my DSi, but whenever i soft reset the codes dont auto load again so I cant really get a delay or anything consistent.. is there any way to have the codes not unload upon soft reset?
I don't think that AR works with the DSi, lol.

I was wondering if someone could point me to a fairly specific guide on RNG capturing in HG SS. I want to learn how to get specific pokemon in the wild?

Also, how do you know which ability is which number?
If you're using RNGReporter, then you click on the IV/Dex Check. Pick your Pokémon from the dropdown, and the abilities will be displayed with their numbers.

Yeah, AR codes don't stay on after a soft reset. What you have to do when using an AR is Cold Start. Pretty much, when the clock hits the time you would normally reset, you will press start on the AR's main screen. Just note that your seconds will be a little higher, and the delay usually switches from even to odd and vice versa from your normal one.

Yeah, AR codes don't stay on after a soft reset. What you have to do when using an AR is Cold Start. Pretty much, when the clock hits the time you would normally reset, you will press start on the AR's main screen. Just note that your seconds will be a little higher, and the delay usually switches from even to odd and vice versa from your normal one.
That's weird... My delay is always consistently odd, even when I use my AR. Does the delay switch from even to odd for most people?

Problem: Looking for frame 1 spread for Wondercard pokemon

Question: Is there any way to look for frame 1 spread of wondercard pokemon? I recently just got back on the Yellow Forest route that give me !!!, which means that pikachu needs to be rng :)

Thank you for the link, flash.

I'm not quite following. I looked at the guide and I'm still not sure what to do. I have a method K frame of 2158. The encounter slot pop up says that the super rod will give me my poke on encounter slot 1. What does that mean exactly? Do I subtract a frame from my target? Do I stop at frame 2156 and fish?

@Riski: Encounter slots have no effect on your frames. Encounter slots just tells you what pokemon will appear if you use that frame when fisihing. So you would still do all your advances like normal, and when you fish the pokemon that will appear will be the one that is in slot one for that area.

@Black.Arwing: It did for me. I don't know about other people, but that's what's happened with all my games.

Can someone explain to me on how to hit my seed? I have everything in PikaTimer, and my tutor said once I finish the pikaktimer stuff he will teach me how to hit my seed, but he is offline. Is there anyone else here who can help me hit my seed?

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Question: Does the RNG Reporter work with ROM's? Because every single time I try to enter the level 50 or higher Pokemon's stats, and the time, it says no reasonable seed was found. Help?
Use its full IV spread instead of its stats.

Can someone explain to me on how to hit my seed? I have everything in PikaTimer, and my tutor said once I finish the pikaktimer stuff he will teach me how to hit my seed, but he is offline. Is there anyone else here who can help me hit my seed?
You could try reading the guide on my trade thread and see if that helps you.

You could try reading the guide on my trade thread and see if that helps you.
So what if I hit it correctly and I am infront of the daycare lady? I just put the pokes in the thing and walk up and down goldenrod until I get the egg and go up and down golden rod til it hatches?

Well, if you want to RNG for the IVs after you get the shininess on your egg, then you save in front of the daycare man before taking the egg. You then verify that you did indeed land on your correct frame, and if you did, you soft reset and start the work to do the IVs. If you didn't land on the correct frame, you start over again from scratch to do your shiny egg. So make sure you do all your advancements correctly.

Well, if you want to RNG for the IVs after you get the shininess on your egg, then you save in front of the daycare man before taking the egg. You then verify that you did indeed land on your correct frame, and if you did, you soft reset and start the work to do the IVs. If you didn't land on the correct frame, you start over again from scratch to do your shiny egg. So make sure you do all your advancements correctly.
How do I know for sure I did it correctly? (to get a shiny egg)

How do I know for sure I did it correctly? (to get a shiny egg)
When you save infront of the daycare man, after the game generated an egg, hatch it to confirm, and then soft reset and start working on IVs.

Also, Riski, do you have any guide for catching pokemon in the wild with RNG in HG SS? XD Your guide did me a lot of good for breeding.

Where does the Vermilion Snorlax respawn after you beat the Elite 4? My friend claims that he's not near the Diglett's Cave entrance anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)