Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It doesnt advance the RNG if he wants to battle.
apparently it does since they got 4 frames higher than what they wanted.

To be honest, I don't remember exactly because I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying -_- . What if he did ask for a battle?
then it would screw up your advancements, by how much is hard to say, as it may vary from case to case.

apparently it does since they got 4 frames higher than what they wanted.

then it would screw up your advancements, by how much is hard to say, as it may vary from case to case.
I'll just start over again; the pokemon being shiny is no big deal to me: I only want to get it flawless anyway. Thanks for your help guys.

Before you restart, make sure to call Joey to see what he says. If he wants a battle, give it to him. And don't RNG on Mondays.

Before you restart, make sure to call Joey to see what he says. If he wants a battle, give it to him. And don't RNG on Mondays.
Yeah, I just remembered that he wanted to battle BEFORE I started the RNG attempt. Now I'm going to annihilate him for messing me up lol.

well i m triyng to RNG and have aquestion when u change the date what happen if ur target frame and ur current frame r the same??
because i get 6 & 6 and the journal appears the poke that i cought for the nature so wat do i do or i did something wrong??

Thx in advance

well i m triyng to RNG and have aquestion when u change the date what happen if ur target frame and ur current frame r the same??
because i get 6 & 6 and the journal appears the poke that i cought for the nature so wat do i do or i did something wrong??

Thx in advance
It's a little hard for me to figure out what you're asking, so I'm taking a guess you're asking about calibration for breeding.

If you're breeding a pokemon, changing the date does not change your frame unless you calibrated without making sure your journal popped up. If you calibrated with your journal popping up, and if the same first page pops up when you do your RNG, you're ok.

But if you didn't calibrate with your journal popping up, and you also have a caught pokemon on that first page, then your frames will advance by 2 immediately, so you have to remember that when you do your journal advancements.

well i was woried and in a rush ill explain my situation with patience
im triying RNG breeding
i have done the nature that ok
when i tried the IV i look for a good spread and when i found it the target frame is 6 and my current frame is also 6 so when i change my date the journal pop with the poke i coght for the seed of the nature so that changes my frame right??
up to i know that is the case so what do i do with this issue?? is it posible to happend?? or there is something wrong??

i think that this is much clear

Ok, so you may have no choice but to start with a new save position and calibrate again. But this time, before you calibrate, run in and out of different town pokecentres until your journal pops up with a new page that doesn't have a caught pokemon. The caught pokemon should end up on page two, where it won't cause problems.

ok so i go in & otu of pokemon center to fill the first page so the pokemon i cought appears in the next one

but i have to start again the RNG for the IV right??

thank u so much because i didn t thought of that one more question:
the target frame and current frame that mathches ( my case this time ) is someting common to happend?? just that

You can leave the egg alone while you go in and out of Pokecentres. Then come back and save in front the Daycare man. But it means the calibration has to start over. You might not get frame six this time.

Edit: Yes, target frames and current frames can match, but it's better to choose a target a few extra frames higher so that you don't run into the problem you have today.

Edit: Wait, if you can, check for a target that's higher frame and use it without changing your save.

How should I go about searching for a spread in method K that will search every year?
PokéRNG, as the creator stated, gives incorrect frames. I've tried putting seeds from there into RNG Reporter and none of the spreads were in the first 100000 frames.
JavaRNG says that I have no shiny spreads within 10000 frames at all, and I know isn't true, by logic and RNG Reporter's results.

yes i get it
i have to start form the calibration i saved in fornt of the day care man the nature stays so i have to start again only the IVs

the frame is gone be diferent but i want to know if it is common that the current frame and the target frame are the same??

Edit: Wait, if you can, check for a target that's higher frame and use it without changing your save.
well i prefer to do it again just in case im new in this so i want to do this with patience

yes i get it
i have to start form the calibration i saved in fornt of the day care man the nature stays so i have to start again only the IVs

the frame is gone be diferent but i want to know if it is common that the current frame and the target frame are the same??
Ok, you need to listen. Don't ruin your save file yet. Leave it alone. Instead, go back into time finder and generate a target with a frame that's at 8 or 10 or 12 and use that with your frame 6 save to get your pokemon.

Edit: I'm saying this because if you have a stable frame of 6 by calibration, you shouldn't ruin it. Stable starting frames are the thing that's hard to do in DPPt. Target frames are easy to get.

I haven't had this problem in the past but now the PikaTimer's beeps are off. Sometimes it missed a second or the sound is late, what is causing this?

Subroutines. Like the anti-virus updating itself. Anything that might eat a little more memory than usual procedures do.

Okay, I am incredibly new at this RNG stuff, so please bear with me, as I probably won't have any clue how to explain my problem.

I am trying to RNG a Shiny flawless Charmander, In my SS, but I am not sure if I am doing all the steps right. I am not using pikatimer, but am using my watch by the way, and it does happen to have a seconds reading.

Okay so first off, I click on the seed finder, and click the "Find Seed by stats" tab. I fill it in, and repeat this process a couple of times, and get the hang of it. My time is 14 seconds, and my delay is 495 at best.

Then, I go to the time finder, and click the shiny eggs tab. I fill it in, along with date, and month, and for the seconds, I'm not sure what to put in there, so I put in my calibrated seconds time(14 seconds). Then, I fill in the nature, gender, and ability(any), and check-mark the box with HGSS shiny eggs only, as I am not using international parents. I fill in Minumum Delay with my lowest delay I got during the calibration which is 495. I Fill in the maximum one with 513. I hit Generate and get 2 seeds. The one I picked, 951201FE. Time is 18:31:14, and frame is 1. I also got one other which is 880601FE, and the time is 6:18:14, and the frame is 10.

I picked the the seed with the frame of one. I right-click, "generate more", and fill in the info on the new window. I fill in the seconds iwth my calibration seconds, which is 14. I highlight HGSS, and click generate(I have no roamers). I find the corresponding seed, and click it. I fill in the Delays section with 20/20, and the seconds, 0/0. I then hit generate.

I then synce my DS with the corresponding time of the seed(500), and do the process. (I think) It is first, click "a" as soon as a new minute starts on my watch. I then start up DS again, and wait at the DS menu. When another new minutes begins, I click "A" and start up my game. When I get into the game world, I phone Elm, but all my calls are off my desired seed, and I keep getting a delay of 495, 489, 503 and stuff. I've been at it all day, so I am wondering: Am I Doing something wrong?

Okay, I am incredibly new at this RNG stuff, so please bear with me, as I probably won't have any clue how to explain my problem.

I am trying to RNG a Shiny flawless Charmander, In my SS, but I am not sure if I am doing all the steps right. I am not using pikatimer, but am using my watch by the way, and it does happen to have a seconds reading.

Okay so first off, I click on the seed finder, and click the "Find Seed by stats" tab. I fill it in, and repeat this process a couple of times, and get the hang of it. My time is 14 seconds, and my delay is 495 at best.

Then, I go to the time finder, and click the shiny eggs tab. I fill it in, along with date, and month, and for the seconds, I'm not sure what to put in there, so I put in my calibrated seconds time(14 seconds). Then, I fill in the nature, gender, and ability(any), and check-mark the box with HGSS shiny eggs only, as I am not using international parents. I fill in Minumum Delay with my lowest delay I got during the calibration which is 495. I Fill in the maximum one with 513. I hit Generate and get 2 seeds. The one I picked, 951201FE. Time is 18:31:14, and frame is 1. I also got one other which is 880601FE, and the time is 6:18:14, and the frame is 10.

I picked the the seed with the frame of one. I right-click, "generate more", and fill in the info on the new window. I fill in the seconds iwth my calibration seconds, which is 14. I highlight HGSS, and click generate(I have no roamers). I find the corresponding seed, and click it. I fill in the Delays section with 20/20, and the seconds, 0/0. I then hit generate.

I then synce my DS with the corresponding time of the seed(500), and do the process. (I think) It is first, click "a" as soon as a new minute starts on my watch. I then start up DS again, and wait at the DS menu. When another new minutes begins, I click "A" and start up my game. When I get into the game world, I phone Elm, but all my calls are off my desired seed, and I keep getting a delay of 495, 489, 503 and stuff. I've been at it all day, so I am wondering: Am I Doing something wrong?
Do you have the correct date on you DS? Also, lets say that your time is 12:23:14, so be sure to set you DS clock at 12:22:00. Also, after you synch hold your DS next to your watch to make sure the seconds are moving at close to the same time. Then go ahead and start the game and soft reset at the next minute. (I usually RNG with DPPt with a delay of 630 so usually I reset at the beginning/middle of the second; I don't know about HGSS.) Other than that, make sure you have entered the correct ID and SID. And if all of the above are correct, it just takes time and a lot of practice to hit the correct delay. Good luck!

Chi-Zusaki: I'm pretty sure I did everything you told me too, thanks. I also did do the subtract one minute thing.

Zack: I think there may be one, but I'm not completely sure.

Has anyone written a guide on RNGing Pokewalker Pokemon yet? And if not, is it because no one's done it yet, or is it simply unpossible and complex?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone written a guide on RNGing Pokewalker Pokemon yet? And if not, is it because no one's done it yet, or is it simply unpossible and complex?
it is very possible I have done a few myself and others have too, and a written guide outlining each step has not been written probably because no one feels like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)