Calling Elm, of course.

Here's everything that's in ZomgTimer:

Calibrated Delay: 483
Wanted Delay: 600
Calibrated Second: 13
Wanted Second: 50

First Timer: 35:55
Second timer: 14:55

Try changing your calibrated delay to the 450s. It helps me, and it's helped a few people. it may or may not be accurate for you, however.

Sure, I guess I can try that.

A quick question, however. When syncing the DS clock with Zomg Timer, which prompts a shutoff, is there like a certain amount of time I'm supposed to wait before I turn the DS back on? That could be skewing my results quite a bit.

Sure, I guess I can try that.

A quick question, however. When syncing the DS clock with Zomg Timer, which prompts a shutoff, is there like a certain amount of time I'm supposed to wait before I turn the DS back on? That could be skewing my results quite a bit.
You should be alredy waiting on the ds menu screen before the timer goes 0. :)

You misunderstood my question greatly, sir. In any case, that was already answered. ;)

[edit] Well, okay, then! Some luck! This is the closest I've ever gotten to hitting my correct seed. Everything is spot on except for the delay, which is 609 instead of 600 where it should be. So what exactly needs to be adjusted in the ZomgTimer? I'm guessing I need to take down the target delay by 9?

I am going to go old school with this question. When RNG breeding for emerald I need to know the exact place in the conversation I am supposed to hit A when talking to the day care man. I have a seed that hits at 39:85 and I need to know the precise point I am supposed to be hitting A. I am losing my mind trying to figure it out by myself.

You misunderstood my question greatly, sir. In any case, that was already answered. ;)

[edit] Well, okay, then! Some luck! This is the closest I've ever gotten to hitting my correct seed. Everything is spot on except for the delay, which is 609 instead of 600 where it should be. So what exactly needs to be adjusted in the ZomgTimer? I'm guessing I need to take down the target delay by 9?
No I did not. There is no time that tells you when to turn on your game, it's irrelevant. As long as you press A when it reaches zero you're good :)

and if you keep hitting odd delays, you will never get even delays unless you have a 3rd gen cartridge in, change your year on the rng reporter if you keep hitting odd numbers :)

Just want to say that I got my Raikou :)

The first few times I kept hitting either 553 delay or 567, but as soon as I took my GBA game out of my DS I hit 560 on the first try. And luckily I got my frames without screwing anything up.

Also, I found a better HP Ice seed than the one in Smogon's ingame guide:
Seed 5312023B, frame 80 (becomes 82 for Wonder cards)

The one in the guide is frame 513, which would take forever with HG/SS's phone system.

Oh, hahaha. And here I was thinking that the only way to get odd delays was to insert a Gen III cartridge. Now it's the only way to get even delays?

World just loves to screw with me.

[edit] Lucky hotdogturtle. I have to RNG for my Raikou in Platinum, because I've been sitting on three wondercards for months. Not looking forward to doing that. Damn wandering NPC's.

Oh, hahaha. And here I was thinking that the only way to get odd delays was to insert a Gen III cartridge. Now it's the only way to get even delays?

World just loves to screw with me.
lol i saved you a major headache :)
It depends on your game really. I only get odd delays everytime, my friend only gets even delays.
so if I want even, i insert a 3rd gen game in and magic happens. and viceversa. :)
So yeah, just change your year

Someone on the Skarmbliss Server has been wanting to RNG and does not have an account on Smogon from what it seems, he has a Mac though so he can not download the RNG Reporter, does anyone have one available for a Mac?

Much thanks to everyone here. I am eternally grateful.

Now the only problem is how do I adjust for next time? My target is 599, and I keep getting ones in the 600 range. 607 was my last one.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Much thanks to everyone here. I am eternally grateful.

Now the only problem is how do I adjust for next time? My target is 599, and I keep getting ones in the 600 range. 607 was my last one.
If you're confident, put in whatever you got in the update box, and hit update. It'll adjust and you'll be on in no time.

If i'm trying to hit 575 delay and my calibrated is 529, will this mess around with my results? or does it not matter because I've been trying to get this god dam flawless egg for hours

sometimes I have to start all over again because it decides to randomly start from the 3rd elm call listed...

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If i'm trying to hit 575 delay and my calibrated is 529, will this mess around with my results? or does it not matter because I've been trying to get this god dam flawless egg for hours
Doesn't matter. Do you know what you're hitting. Seems odd that it's taking so long.

Doesn't matter. Do you know what you're hitting. Seems odd that it's taking so long.
It seriously has taken over 3 hours now TT__TT

The first time I had the shiny egg in the old man's care to give to me and when I tried to verify the seed with elm calls, it started from the 3rd one. So I decided to make another shiny egg and now I still havn't been able to hit it.. I can't even find what I am hitting

Ticcyboy: Wild encounter is the same as legendary stationary. Same method - just keep in mind that Sweet scenting advances the frame by 2 most of the time (sometimes by one on certain cartridges - you might have to find out first but go with 2 for most cases). Aside from the difference in sweet scenting vs interaction stated above, there's also encounter codes that determine what pokemon you'll encounter when you sweet scent (lol).

Encounter slots are pretty easy to figure out, just right click on a spread on RNG Reporter after you enter in your seed and there should be a place for you to click for encounter code :)

Skeptyks: Skipping the first few calls (1-4) is usually because of how many roamers you have out. Verify your seed by roamer location first and then go with elm call verification :) If you're still frustrated, you can just go outside, catch a pokemon, and enter in its data into seed finder on RNG Reporter to find out what delay you're hitting :)

Thanks bakus, I have another question also

I have a spread id like to use for a wondercard pokemon, do i use method 1 for wondercards on hg?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)