Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You quoted me before I could edit. :P My trophy garden Jolteon is actually HP Ice, not grass. Here's what I used for Glaceon:

53000455 Frame 322 (Slot 6) Modest 31/22/30/30/30/30 Fighting 70
Thanks Troggy!! :D Can I still use the HP Ice one? :)

Hi I'm trying to RNG the togepii egg in violet city on HG near the beginning of the game, i cant seem to be consistent in the frame im on when i recieve the egg off the professors assistant, and what are the possible ways that i can increase the frame at an early stage in the game?

I'm trying to go for the method 1 spread: 30/21/31/31/31/31 (modest) (ability 1) and the seed is: e80e1fb4, frame 3.(the delay is 8106, but thats not too much of a problem reaching with emloop)

As soon as i enter the game, i bring the pokegear thing up straight away and call youngster joey once and exit whilst mashing the A button to recieve the egg but the frame i land on is never always the same, none of the NCPs actually move before ive recieved the egg so how can i miss my frame?
ive also tried entering the game and then letting one of the NCPs to move one step to increase the frame by +2 and then collecting my egg before any other movements, but still the frame isn't consistent. Any help or tips? am i doing something wrong?

can someone tell me exactly what i should be doing to hit the right frame (frame 3)?

and also what possible things can advance the frame at an early stage in the game (since i can't advance it by doing elm calls since i havnt done the 3 conditions for elm calls or use the radio yet)?

and another question is regarding the wifi mew event on HG, is it posible to RNG for a shiny mew, or is it because its a wondercard pokemon its fixed to be non-shiny?

thanks

Cassie

giant claw
Hi I'm trying to RNG the togepii egg in violet city on HG near the beginning of the game, i cant seem to be consistent in the frame im on when i recieve the egg off the professors assistant, and what are the possible ways that i can increase the frame at an early stage in the game?

I'm trying to go for the method 1 spread: 30/21/31/31/31/31 (modest) (ability 1) and the seed is: e80e1fb4, frame 3.(the delay is 8106, but thats not too much of a problem reaching with emloop)

As soon as i enter the game, i bring the pokegear thing up straight away and call youngster joey once and exit whilst mashing the A button to recieve the egg but the frame i land on is never always the same, none of the NCPs actually move before ive recieved the egg so how can i miss my frame?
ive also tried entering the game and then letting one of the NCPs to move one step to increase the frame by +2 and then collecting my egg before any other movements, but still the frame isn't consistent. Any help or tips? am i doing something wrong?

can someone tell me exactly what i should be doing to hit the right frame (frame 3)?

and also what possible things can advance the frame at an early stage in the game (since i can't advance it by doing elm calls since i havnt done the 3 conditions for elm calls or use the radio yet)?

and another question is regarding the wifi mew event on HG, is it posible to RNG for a shiny mew, or is it because its a wondercard pokemon its fixed to be non-shiny?

thanks
Did you verify that you hit your seed? Irwin the Juggler does I think... You may be hitting your frame right. And I'm 99.9% sure that the wondercard mew can't be shiny.

Did you verify that you hit your seed? Irwin the Juggler does I think... You may be hitting your frame right. And I'm 99.9% sure that the wondercard mew can't be shiny.

Even when I don't hit the right seed and do everything else as I've mentioned in my previous post, the frame is not always 3. The seed isn't the problem. For now i'm just trying to always hit the right frame, so when i do eventually concentrate on the right seed it won't be a problem. What i don't understand is why is the frame i recieve the egg on not consistent, even when both the NCPs in the mart haven't moved?

and I havn't come across Irwin the Juggler yet because recieving the togepii egg is very early on in the game.

I'm having alot of trouble finding a better modest spread on frame 1. I was aiming for a modest 31/x/31/31/31/31 (ability 1) spread, but the one i posted earlier is the closest thing on the lowest frame i could find, are there any better ones?
could you just check if that seed is correct for method 1?

Method K is no different than Method 1, other than the fact that some frames occur earlier than they do in method 1 (mainly due to synchronizers).
If method 1 is no different from Method K, then how is it that I just hit my seed for a search done by JavaRNG using method K, then found my true frame using RNG reporter and method 1, only to find out that the stats and nature do not match up at all? If you meant they were no different, I hope you didn't mean that they were interchangeable, because that does not appear to be the case at all.

In any case, JavaRNG seems to mostly be returning bogus seeds that I can't use at all.

If method 1 is no different from Method K, then how is it that I just hit my seed for a search done by JavaRNG using method K, then found my frame using method 1, only to find out that the stats and nature do not match up at all? If you meant they were no different, I hope you didn't mean that they were interchangeable, because that does not appear to be the case at all.
Method 1 is the basic method of generation for PIDs and IVs. Method K is more the order in which the Method 1 frames occur in. You can find your PID and IV using method 1, but you need to find your frame using Method K.

Method 1 is the basic method of generation for PIDs and IVs. Method K is more the order in which the Method 1 frames occur in. You can find your PID and IV using method 1, but you need to find your frame using Method K.
So what you're saying is that I can search for my seed with JavaRNG using method 1, then find my true frame using method K in RNG Reporter?

Yes. I would recommend searching Method K, though. But always confirm the frame of the spread you find in JavaRNG in the RNG Reporter.
Well, of course, I always confirm my frame in RNG reporter. Very often JavaRNG is inaccurate in this regard, usually off by about 2-3 frames. Sometimes as many as ten.

Problem is, searching through method K with JavaRNG has also lately been returning bogus seeds that do not in any way correspond to the results I find when entered into RNG Reporter. The spread is nowhere to be found using Method K, but it does show up in method 1, which is wrong for catching stationary legends. I've gotten lucky so far, but finding a special spread for a Timid Mewtwo and a mixed spread for a Hasty/Naive Rayquaza has me flummoxed. I either get no results at all, or I get seeds that only work with Method 1, which I understand is for roamers.

Been tweaking the desired stats a lot in JavaRNG, too, but to no avail.

[edit] Major correction: Did finally manage to find a legit seed for Mewtwo, but the frame is at, like, 87. Bleh. Gonna have to go with it.

Well, of course, I always confirm my frame in RNG reporter. Very often JavaRNG is inaccurate in this regard, usually off by about 2-3 frames. Sometimes as many as ten.

Problem is, searching through method K with JavaRNG has also lately been returning bogus seeds that do not in any way correspond to the results I find when entered into RNG Reporter. The spread is nowhere to be found using Method K, but it does show up in method 1, which is wrong for catching stationary legends. I've gotten lucky so far, but finding a special spread for a Timid Mewtwo and a mixed spread for a Hasty/Naive Rayquaza has me flummoxed. I either get no results at all, or I get seeds that only work with Method 1, which I understand is for roamers.

Been tweaking the desired stats a lot in JavaRNG, too, but to no avail.

[edit] Major correction: Did finally manage to find a legit seed for Mewtwo, but the frame is at, like, 87. Bleh. Gonna have to go with it.
87 is not that bad. It's actually pretty good...
just try it out and get some pokes already!
when you finally get them, you'll realize how easy it is to find seeds and stuff.

87 is not that bad. It's actually pretty good...
just try it out and get some pokes already!
when you finally get them, you'll realize how easy it is to find seeds and stuff.
I know how easy it is to find these. I've had many successes before (Just recently got Entei, Latios, Kyogre, and Suicune). But some of these results that have turned up lately have just been. . .wrong. In every possible way. And I hate waiting for them to process only to have it show up blank. Honestly, I thought there was some kind of glitch in the program. It was returning me seeds that weren't even for the method I chose.

Yeah. That's happened many times before. Particularly in my search for a mixed Hasty Rayquaza.

I know how easy it is to find these. I've had many successes before (Just recently got Entei, Latios, Kyogre, and Suicune). But some of these results that have turned up lately have just been. . .wrong. In every possible way. And I hate waiting for them to process only to have it show up blank. Honestly, I thought there was some kind of glitch in the program. It was returning me seeds that weren't even for the method I chose.

Yeah. That's happened many times before. Particularly in my search for a mixed Hasty Rayquaza.
Ah, I know what you mean now, sometimes it does that to me as well, and umm
I have a hasty seed if you'd like? i used it for a voltorb I rng'd ")

Violent Lucidity: When changing from Method 1 to Method K, are you putting in your synch data too? It's weird that it's happened so much for you and maybe you just forgot? :P I know its unlikely, but yeah, just wanted to cover all the basis :)

Ammar_a_99: Different seeds you land on will affect the RNG frame advancements of the NPCS differently too, so your way of abusing for the Togepi egg will not work. What you should do is first land on your delay consistently using toastplusone's timer to have a good time that you can consistently land on and then work to get the frame right. It's not an easy matter on a cart and will take you many resets - for me it took about 20+ times landing on the right delay to get the right frame, but it's worth it in the end imo ^^

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to rng Palkia on Pokemon Pearl (using 1/1/2011 date), right after you fight the Team Galatic on the Spear Pillar. While I found that the monster frame seems to be 2 instead of 1 for whatever reason, my question is actually regarding the sync nature.

I used the 52140289 seed (frame 93) to get 31's across the board and I used a Pokemon with Hasty + sync to sync the Palkia. However, when I did the rng on the correct frame, I still end up getting the frame, even though I put the Synchronizer as the lead pokemon.

I've used a level 18 Ralts (from 1/1/2012 date) that I traded over from another game as the Synchronizer. Now, I'm beginning to wonder if there is something odd regarding the rng circumstances for getting Palkia or if it's because the synchronizer must be from your game or it doesn't work, or is it something else.

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to rng Palkia on Pokemon Pearl (using 1/1/2011 date), right after you fight the Team Galatic on the Spear Pillar. While I found that the monster frame seems to be 2 instead of 1 for whatever reason, my question is actually regarding the sync nature.

I used the 52140289 seed (frame 93) to get 31's across the board and I used a Pokemon with Hasty + sync to sync the Palkia. However, when I did the rng on the correct frame, I still end up getting the frame, even though I put the Synchronizer as the lead pokemon.

I've used a level 18 Ralts (from 1/1/2012 date) that I traded over from another game as the Synchronizer. Now, I'm beginning to wonder if there is something odd regarding the rng circumstances for getting Palkia or if it's because the synchronizer must be from your game or it doesn't work, or is it something else.
Synchronizers don't change the nature of a spread, they just advance the RNG until a spread with the correct nature is found - the spread you hit would be the next Hasty spread after the flawless Timid (?) spread. You can't change the nature of a spread.
There are no flawless Hasty spreads; you'll have to settle for a slightly less than flawless one.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so I'm trying to ID SID abuse my platinum game. My seed is 0908167A and delay is 5743. My target second is 50. But I need a timer for this and I'm totally confused on what to enter in Toast's timer !!! Could someone please tell me what to do when the first timer and second timer hits 0. Also what should I input in the different boxes ?? I tried reading the guide on the first page but its sadly lacking in all these... Could someone help me ???

Ok so I'm trying to ID SID abuse my platinum game. My seed is 0908167A and delay is 5743. My target second is 50. But I need a timer for this and I'm totally confused on what to enter in Toast's timer !!! Could someone please tell me what to do when the first timer and second timer hits 0. Also what should I input in the different boxes ?? I tried reading the guide on the first page but its sadly lacking in all these... Could someone help me ???
First timer - Soft Reset or Load game from DS Menu.
Second Timer - Press A after the TV Segment.

I'm not sure if you would put 600 (or something lower) on Calibrated Delay.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First timer - Soft Reset or Load game from DS Menu.
Second Timer - Press A after the TV Segment.

I'm not sure if you would put 600 (or something lower) on Calibrated Delay.
Yeah thats fine..but when I input 600 calib delay and my target delay and seconds in toast's timer the first timer runs out before I can start the game..(me using an AR). Any way to prevent this ???

Should I input the seconds of my entry time in the game in the calib second or the actual one ??

Find a different time for your seed, or take the AR out.

Why are you using an AR for ID/SID abuse anyway? You can check the delay you hit without an AR...

Ticcyboy: Same way you RNG it in grass. Just note that sweet scenting in grass advances the frame by +2 (usually) so if that's the case then fishing should advance the frame by +4 similar to DPPt abuse. The BIGGEST change for HG/SS is we don't know the encounter codes for fishing so you don't know what you'll get! Just go from lowest to highest frame on that seed with your desired spread. Of course if where your fishing you can only encounter one pokemon with a particular rod, then no worries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)