Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Any people around that RNG captured that Lake of Rage Shiny Gyarados?
Haven't got around to doing that but I know the method. Select a spread that gives you the IV's you want. Copy the seed in the RNG Reporter. Select the method,chained shiny theoretical. And generate. BUT the nature is decided by your ID/SID so your spread may not give you the same nature as your method 1/j/k frame. Remember to input your ID?SID into the respective boxes.

In pokemon platinum, What is the easiest pokemon to start off rnging with?
Azelf........that was my first RNG. Uxie will do as well

EDIT: Partially Ninja'd by the omnipresent Musica lol

Cassie

giant claw
Buckert, I read something about the LoR gyrados recently on the first few pages on the Research page. That may be of help if you can't find it on the first page here.

im in front of cynthia right now, saved there, gonna rng for my mesprit cuz i killed her

i still advance the frame as if mesprit is in frame 5 right?

poketroopa: yes, it would.

I don`t know where else to post this but heres my problem, Hopefully someone can help me out here.

Im in HG and im trying to RNG a Naive Chimchar (IVs: 29 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31)
And my seed is 8E080230 and my target delay is 549. I go to the seed to times function and put in my seed and click the HGSS box and hit generate. I then search for my target date (2011 07 18) And time (08:01:15) I then I try to match up my elm calls to get to my target seed. Im supposed to hit P,K,P,E,E,K,P,E,K but I keep keep hitting my delay but my elm calls don`t match (I keep getting P,E,E,K,P,E,K,K,E instead), I decided to try to see if I did hit my right seed despite my elm calls so I advanced my frame to 18 then quickly pick up my egg to advance it to my target frame of 19, I quickly picked up my egg and hatched it but I didn`t get my desired IVs. Does anyone know whats happening here? I had this problem since last night :|

Cassie

giant claw
I don`t know where else to post this but heres my problem, Hopefully someone can help me out here.

Im in HG and im trying to RNG a Naive Chimchar (IVs: 29 | 30 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31)
And my seed is 8E080230 and my target delay is 549. I go to the seed to times function and put in my seed and click the HGSS box and hit generate. I then search for my target date (2011 07 18) And time (08:01:15) I then I try to match up my elm calls to get to my target seed. Im supposed to hit P,K,P,E,E,K,P,E,K but I keep keep hitting my delay but my elm calls don`t match (I keep getting P,E,E,K,P,E,K,K,E instead), I decided to try to see if I did hit my right seed despite my elm calls so I advanced my frame to 18 then quickly pick up my egg to advance it to my target frame of 19, I quickly picked up my egg and hatched it but I didn`t get my desired IVs. Does anyone know whats happening here?

Are your roamers out? I think they advance the IV frame, although I can't really remember cause I killed mine off...

Then the NPC on that route advanced your frame. You did hit your delay though so no worries.

What you can do is on the main window of RNG Reporter, select Method: Breeding (HG/SS) and enter in your seed and hit generate. Check to make sure that at that your spread is on your target frame. Once there, just go down the list with elm call verifications until you hit your target frame (not calling on that target frame) and then pick up the egg. :)

Then the NPC on that route advanced your frame. You did hit your delay though so no worries.

What you can do is on the main window of RNG Reporter, select Method: Breeding (HG/SS) and enter in your seed and hit generate. Check to make sure that at that your spread is on your target frame. Once there, just go down the list with elm call verifications until you hit your target frame (not calling on that target frame) and then pick up the egg. :)

Oh thanks Bakus :), This is what I was trying to ask you yesterday :P

Calibrated = what you got from calibration process.

Target = what you want to hit. In your case, I think your target is 603/15 and your calibrated = you don't know. For Platinum, I think it's safe to presume that you can just put calibrated delay = 600 and calibrated seconds = 15. On another note, Toastplusone's timer is better and the one I personally recommend :) It won't matter, but most people hit their delay and stuff much quicker with toastplusone's timer.

Also...with wondercard pokemon like you're trying to abuse for...in DPPt you won't have the ability to check your delay with coinflips before advancing your frame. I suggest adjusting the timer until you can consistently hit your delay and then once you do that start to advance your frame >.> Wondercards are a pain in DPPt. I'm sorry :/
My most common delay from calibration was 603, so I adjusted my target time to be 603 in RNG Reporter. Shouldn't both fields be 603, then? Also, I have Sapphire in slot 2 so I think all my delays have to be odd. I've only gotten odd ones, at least according to RNG Reporter. I'm just really confused over what I put in all of these fields. :/

As for advancing my frames, I thought the journal flips I performed right after the main menu screen but before I started the game counted as advancing my frames? Is there some other way I'm supposed to advance my frames after I know my delay? As far as I can tell you can't check your delay until you have advanced your frames.

I just got done RNGing the wondercard Raikou in my platinum version and am now going for Entei. I was able to get Raikou pretty easily but for some reason I cant get the Entei i want. For both dogs I used the time finder to find a method 1 seed that I liked and added 2 to the frame that popped up. When I hit my delay for Raikou I got my result immediately with a frame of 39 and 19 page flips, but with Entei Im hitting my delay fine, Im counting my 13 page flips correctly (frame is 27 after adding 2 to the time finder's frame), but Im still not getting the result I want.

Recently, my laptop (with RNG Reporter & the other RNG programs installed) died. I've been using my iTouch as a decent-enough substitute for the time being, but obviously cannot install the programs on it.

So, now for the (quite possibly ridiculous) question: Can I do it manually?

Does anyone happen to know how I can obtain the formula that's used for devising the RNG? Meaning, so that I can continue RNG abuse via old-school pen and paper mathematics?

Thanks for any potential help.

EDIT: And yes, I recognize I may very well need multiple formulas for the different methods. (:

If anyone here has done Pokeradar RNG abuse on route 228 could you give me some pointers. Im trying it but im not hitting the right frames often using the calculations from the guide on page 1. any help would be appreciated as I am getting pretty frustrated here lol

Hey guys...how do you check what delay you hit in ss/hg? Say i am about to receive ab egg from the day care man how do i know i hit the correct delay?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Call Professor Elm. If your calls match up with the ones for that delay, then you've hit your delay correctly. However, be careful in not calling too much, as calling Elm increases the frame also and Egg IVs are on certain frames also, so be sure not to call past the frame you should pick up on.

Geno: The journal flips you perform are perfect. Just if you want to verify your delay by coinflips, then your frames have all gone to hell since the moving NPCs at the pokemart have advanced it past what you calculated, lol.

Calibrated stuff = what you calibrated
Target stuff = what you want, ie if the spread you want is on delay 3041 and time 15seconds then that's what you put in there.

I'm not sure how I can explain calibrated vs target any better, lol. Sorries if I'm being unclear, perhaps someone else can have better luck with it.

Poketroopa: Enter in the Entei's data into RNG Reporter's Seed Finder to see what frame you hit :) It's possible NPC movement is screwing you up.

Critical Hyper Beam: A much easier method is just to ask in Simples thread for someone to find the stuff for you, lol.Of course you might have to give them something in return as incentive, but yeah...doing all that math seems to be a bit too much, lol.

Radius: Sorry...can't help you there. Hopefully someone comes around :)

@ Bakus: I hate asking people to do my work for me, even if I'm giving them something in exchange. But thank you for telling me about that thread; I'll keep it in mind as a last resort. (:

Hello again...can anyone help me hit a specific delay in both platinum and heart gold? I am using a SupercardDSone and i have beenn trying to RNG but i keep finding trouble hiting my delay...is there anyone who can help me personally through vm's or some kind of chat? Thanks in advance

Even though you haven't defeated the elite four, and shown the pokerus and the togepi to nurse joy and Professor Elm to get the elm calls, can you still rng abuse without the elm calls and before battling the elite four??

I have a quick question I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me.
I'm RNG'ing a Kyogre in HG but I was having some problems hitting my seed until one try I was 99.9% sure I had hit it (that guy feeling you get when you "know" you pressed A on the DS at the same time after calibrating the timer). Anyway, I did hit my seed, but to my surprise, I was already at frame 3 so the calls only matched up from frame four onwards.

I have been advancing the frames until I'm currently 15 frames from the one I should hit. My question is: Being in the embedded tower, right in front of Kyogre, at what frame should I stop doing calls if the target one is 89? I'm not sure how the 3 first frames got there but I want to be sure I don't screw it up 'cause of some automatic frame advancement while in that room much like Pt giratina or stuff like that :S

Thanks for any help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)