Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

in pokerng it asks if you want to search for shiny spreads. so what do you mean by "see if" a shiny spread appears. arent they all shiny spreads when you say yes to search for shiny spreads?

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
in pokerng it asks if you want to search for shiny spreads. so what do you mean by "see if" a shiny spread appears. arent they all shiny spreads when you say yes to search for shiny spreads?
Depending on the nature & IV spread of what you want to capture shiny-wise, no spreads may come up.

If you want to see all the shiny spreads available for capturing in your game with your given ID/SID combo, just enter your ID/SID in pokerng and search.

i did the pokerng thing and found a spread i kind of like. i put in mild as the nature. i said yes to search shiny spreads. nothing in the hidden power part. i didn't put nothing in search exact iv's. nothing in minimun frame. nothing in maximum frame.

the spread i liked was this

e20a02ce 5143 5066 5072 5068 5074 MILD 0 28 24 27 31 17 31 DRAGON 47

so can you help me with what i need to do from here? am i on the right course? thanks guys i preciate this very much, i've been stuck at dialga for months now

EDIT: so um, i am taking it that the 5066 number is the frame for the method j with snycronizer. seems like a big frame for a begginer like me though. anyway, so from here how do i find my date and time to set my ds and stuff?

If you're happy with that seed, copy it to clipboard and put it in seeds to time. Then you will be presented with a list of viable times, you can use any of those.
ok next question i have. there is a bunch with the same seed and PID but they all have different frames. the first one is 5066 but there is a bunch of others. when i click seed to time how do i know what frame i need to land on, because it is not shown in that part and the multiple frame numbers are confusing me.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They all give the same result, you generally find one that has the right encounter slot, if it's a standing legendary it is irrelevant, so you can take the earliest frame / the most convenient one.

I'm giving up on RNGing i guess(for now). Going to go back to Soft Reseting for the shiny dialga i guess. but that makes me think, knowing what i know about rng, is it even possible to get a shiny dialga from soft reseting? this would mean that the frame for a soft reset shiny would have to be 1? is this even possible to Soft Reset for shiny Dialga?

Yeah... go back to learning how to RNG. SRing for shininess is going to make your life tougher,
I started trying to RNG months ago! and since then i have got 0 shiny's from the RNG method.. and it's super confusing and hurts my head! I pretty much get how everything works now it's just a matter of me not being able to hit my seed and or i hit my seed and then adnvance the frames and still not shiny.

I started Soft Reseting in November 2010 for shiny's and i have got 15 of them that way. It just seems to me it's more likely for "ME" to get a shiny from Soft Reseting.. I just must be too stupid for RNG. and it seems everytime i ask for help i still am getting messed up somewhere..

If someone wants to get on a instant message chat or something with me and walk me through this mess please feel free! i'd be super appreciative, but it's too complicated for me alone right now =( and it's makin me crazy lol

@flyleafgroupie- I was the same way. I didn't actually succeed in getting a shiny pokemon for months, and ivs didn't come quick either. I would walk you through if i had more time.

Im having trouble hitting a seed in Heart Gold. Im going for 1060(love high delays), plugged the recommended calibrated delay of 480 into PikaTimer/Emploop, and im not even on the output the seed to time gave me. Im trying to use the locations of the roamers to verify the seed. What kind of delay does everyone tend to use?

Also, the E4 roamer method says the frame (probably) starts at 3 with 2 two roamers and something about how to verify that. How would you know for sure to start from 3? Im brand new to this game's RNG thanks for your help everyone! I managed to do my Entei because of you

1060 isn't really a high delay but it is more than calibrated delay. Use toastplusone's timer instead of pikatimer/emloop. It's on his page, just search his name.

Anyways - RNG Reporter has a place where you can enter your roamer locations in. That will tell you exactly how many frames they advance. Calling elm also verifies your frame count so you can use that to check what delay you're on once you hit your delay as well :)

@ Bakus thanks a ton I cant call elm from in front in lance apparently but thanks for clearing that up. Plugging in different calibrated delays is making the reset times change, which I dont personally understand if its the same final delay im hitting. Ill check out the other timer.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it possible to find the initial seed without coin flips or elm calls i.e. using an AR ??

EDIT: And no this isnt gen5 if you havent already figured that out.

yee: Sorries, I didn't know you were in front of Lance. Yeah...only roamer methods and radio for frame advancements for you then :P Good luck! ^^

barry4ever: I don't know of another way on 4th gen save on an emulator. Sorries.

When using Sweet Scent to advance the frame, your final frame will be the Method 1 frame of the Pokemon you catch (listed as "Actual" in RNG Reporter) + 6. Sweet Scent advances by 1 whenever you're on a bike, but having a Pokemon follow you seems to make this advance inconsistent.
I'm very confused atm. So, should I use Method K or Method 1 when I'm catching tentacool from water slot 0 and using sweet scent? I've succeed RNG capture twice but I don't remember how I did it... ._.

just thought i should let you guys know the pikatimer dl on the 2nd or third post doesn't work(404 error code), but im going to dl the one bakus suggested though

It's Method K. Just know that sweet scenting in water normally advances the frame by +3 in most cartridges but there are rare carts where the frame advancements are only +2.

Zoap and all else: I'm just advocating toastplusone's timer because I found it's the best one for me. I'm not ragging on pikatimer or emloop, lol. The latter two are great timers by themselves and what I used before toast's :)

It's Method K. Just know that sweet scenting in water normally advances the frame by +3 in most cartridges but there are rare carts where the frame advancements are only +2.
Thanks, that explains why I missed my target frame so many times. :D

Is this a common problem for HG/SS?

Im resetting for my delay (638). Im getting close results now, but this is assuming its ok if one of the dogs is one off. For example, I had Raikou on route 31 and Entei on route 29, it said 628@ 31 and 30. This has happened multiple times on multiple nearby seeds.

Edit- Doing yet another time, it matched once but now im having the same problem of logical delays that are one route off.

Is this a common problem for HG/SS?

Im resetting for my delay (638). Im getting close results now, but this is assuming its ok if one of the dogs is one off. For example, I had Raikou on route 31 and Entei on route 29, it said 628@ 31 and 30. This has happened multiple times on multiple nearby seeds.

Edit- Doing yet another time, it matched once but now im having the same problem of logical delays that are one route off.
The dogs have to be on the exact route specified along with the Elm calls matching.
The sequence is like a number locked safe. You have to punch in the right numbers or it won't work. Same thing here, it has to line up identically or you didn't hit your seed.
If you keep hitting around your delay, try adjusting your timer by a little bit in either direction (higher or lower depending on if you hit above or below your target delay) and see if that gets you closer.

Ok im at a loss as to whats going on right I figured since I have some experience in resetting for delay I would be able to at least get close to my target, its hard for me to believe ive been way off this whole time to not even get within 10 but that must be it. Ive never reset on heart gold so I should probably do a full calibration for everything. thanks for the help!

Ok so after reading all of the guides on RNGing in HG/SS I have a question on the Elm phone call for verifying seeds, when it says skip (P, K, E) etc what does that mean exactly? Am I suppose to ignore the first P, K and E and input the call that follows after? If so what if all three fall in a row, do I skip all three and then enter the result after. Or do they not mean anything? Also when I'm calling Elm to verify a seed, do I count each call as a Frame advance? If so what if its a really low frame like 5?

DPPt was really easy for me to understand and the coin flip/journal was really awesome, but now that I've delved into the new game I'm not even sure what delay I'm hitting. Can anyone link me to a dumbed down version that I may of missed.

Also should I recalibrate my seconds from soft reset in? I figured that I would stay at 14 but it wouldn't surprise me if the intro is longer/shorter than DPPt

Ok so after reading all of the guides on RNGing in HG/SS I have a question on the Elm phone call for verifying seeds, when it says skip (P, K, E) etc what does that mean exactly? Am I suppose to ignore the first P, K and E and input the call that follows after? If so what if all three fall in a row, do I skip all three and then enter the result after. Or do they not mean anything? Also when I'm calling Elm to verify a seed, do I count each call as a Frame advance? If so what if its a really low frame like 5?

What it means by Skip P, K, E means that the first 3 calls (frames) of the seed will be skipped. So instead of starting at frame 1, you're going to be on frame 3.
Yes, you count each call as an advancement. So if you are skipping the first 3 calls, and are aiming for frame 5. You'd only have room for 1 frame advancement, which is just 1 Elm call.

DPPt was really easy for me to understand and the coin flip/journal was really awesome, but now that I've delved into the new game I'm not even sure what delay I'm hitting. Can anyone link me to a dumbed down version that I may of missed.

Delays are usually about ~500 roughly. Pretty much it's the same way to check your delay as the DPPt.

Also should I recalibrate my seconds from soft reset in? I figured that I would stay at 14 but it wouldn't surprise me if the intro is longer/shorter than DPPt

The intro is 14-15 seconds again as well. But it's prolly best to test it out and see what you're hitting
Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)