Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Honestly? Why does it matter? You could abuse in year 2099 and when you Pokeshift, the date changes to whatever your DS is set to.

So in the end 4th gen abuse, years don't show unless you really want them to.
Trust me, I think it's ridiculous too, but I have heard people complain specifically about off-center Gen IV capture dates and I don't want to lose a potential trade because of something like that, however petty.

That's true, but I scrounged up a Gen III cartridge anyway and got the RNG done, so I don't need to change the year anyway.

EDIT: I have another question, which may be very obvious or silly: I see legendary pokemon up for trade, especially from Gen IV, with flawless IVs and shininess. I'm completely unable to get Pokemon with those stats in Time Finder; the best I've gotten (just recently) was a shiny Darkrai with 31/4/27/30/29/31. Before I lose the only Oak's Letter I have, in Platinum, I'd like to get a shiny HP Fire Shaymin, but I don't know if I can. Do the people who have such incredible Pokemon just have incredibly lucky ID/SID cominations, or do they hit incredibly high frames (5000+) and delays? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
That's true, but I scrounged up a Gen III cartridge anyway and got the RNG done, so I don't need to change the year anyway.

EDIT: I have another question, which may be very obvious or silly: I see legendary pokemon up for trade, especially from Gen IV, with flawless IVs and shininess. I'm completely unable to get Pokemon with those stats in Time Finder; the best I've gotten (just recently) was a shiny Darkrai with 31/4/27/30/29/31. Before I lose the only Oak's Letter I have, in Platinum, I'd like to get a shiny HP Fire Shaymin, but I don't know if I can. Do the people who have such incredible Pokemon just have incredibly lucky ID/SID cominations, or do they hit incredibly high frames (5000+) and delays? Or is there something else I'm missing?
You have to abuse your ID/SID combo in order to get perfect (low) Shiny Frames.

I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you mean, I need to manipulate a new file to get the right ID/SID comination at the moment they're generated, or I need to figure out something about the ID and SID I currently have in order to RNG shiny pokemon more easily?

Buckert

I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you mean, I need to manipulate a new file to get the right ID/SID comination at the moment they're generated, or I need to figure out something about the ID and SID I currently have in order to RNG shiny pokemon more easily?
Well you will not get any better spread with this ID/SID combo, so you have to start a new game and get yourself a new ID/SID, so you can capture shiny Pokémon.

Thank you for the info. One last question: Is there any guide to manipulating the startup of the new file to get the ideal ID/SID combo? I tried the link to Wild Eep's on the front page, but it doesn't appear to work anymore. Is there a guide that goes into how to abuse the game mechanics during the introductory screens to get a good ID/SID combo, or a list of good ID/SID combos that one should aim for?

Buckert

Thank you for the info. One last question: Is there any guide to manipulating the startup of the new file to get the ideal ID/SID combo? I tried the link to Wild Eep's on the front page, but it doesn't appear to work anymore. Is there a guide that goes into how to abuse the game mechanics during the introductory screens to get a good ID/SID combo, or a list of good ID/SID combos that one should aim for?
Well, I just abused my Platinum ID/SID combo, which was my first ever. I can try to teach you through VM if you'd like. Let me know.

I'd be honored if you would try to teach me. I'm in no hurry to run out and buy another cart though, so just whenever you feel like it.

So I'm about to start RNGing legendaries in Platinum. I want to make sure I understand the necessary steps. I do have some experience with 5th gen, but I use PPRNG, so RNGreporter 8.31 is kinda new to me.

- Test out my time and delay range (looks to be about 14-16 sec. and 600-610)
- Find a seed and frame using Time Finder for the IV spread, nature, etc. I want for my pokemon (which is something I need help with)
- Save in front of pokemon I want and reset at the time I want to hit my seed
- Test to see if I got my seed via coin flips
- Do journal flips (each one with a captured/defeated pokemon advances by 2 frames)
- Reach frame, catch pokemon, see if it worked

Now I'm having trouble getting good seeds for flawless pokemon (not to mention shiny flawless). How can I change my search to find reachable seeds and frames?

I need some real real quick advice. I just hit my seed in Platinum for the second time on this one particular Pokemon, and I have a problem: I thought I did the correct formula of journal flips the first time (as I'd always done with this seed) but I messed up apparently because I didn't get the target Pokemon. The only thing I can think is that having a "Captured... (etc.)" statement on the very first page either doesn't count the first time the journal is opened or doesn't count at all. Can anyone tell me if this is or is not true? I'd like to know for sure before I waste this seed because my frame was off.

I need some real real quick advice. I just hit my seed in Platinum for the second time on this one particular Pokemon, and I have a problem: I thought I did the correct formula of journal flips the first time (as I'd always done with this seed) but I messed up apparently because I didn't get the target Pokemon. The only thing I can think is that having a "Captured... (etc.)" statement on the very first page either doesn't count the first time the journal is opened or doesn't count at all. Can anyone tell me if this is or is not true? I'd like to know for sure before I waste this seed because my frame was off.
It does count. You must have been 2 frame above target. (Assuming you did everything else right)

You're right, I must have messed up my counting because I did it again and hit my target. OmegaForte to the rescue again! Too bad you couldn't beat Rockman though :/

I'm having trouble with hatching a shiny on an emulator (Platinum). Since I don't really need to verify my seed (I just do the taps and coin flips inside the day care after I hit my seed), could that be messing up my results? I mean, I absolutely hit my seed and did the right Taps/Flips and still the result was not even close to what I wanted.

edit: nvm just read this on the RNG Reporter: "Please note that number of flips and taps that are listed assume that you will also be doing 10 coin flips to verify your initial seed."

edit2: I started the game with the #5 Poketch app open, switched to the Coin flips app, did the first 10 flips to "verify my seed", then switched to the Happiness app, did the 5 taps that the RNG Reporter requested, then switched to the Coin flip app again to do the 7 coin flips that the RNG Reporter requested. Then I went to the pc, grabbed the Ditto (I had 5 mons on my party, I just deposited one and grabbed the Ditto), and then deposited the two parents on the daycare. When I grabbed the egg the result was a Impish normal male Chinchar ._. I was aiming for Shiny Jolly Female. What am I doing wrong? and btw I already did a lot of shiny eggs of my DS Cart, but I just cant get the right results on the emu.

In HGSS, for some reason, every 87.5%/12.5% spread I try requires me to hit my seed, then advance to the correct frame and collect 2 eggs, the 2nd being the shiny one I want. This always and only happens with 87.5%/12.5% spreads. Does anyone know why?

In HGSS, for some reason, every 87.5%/12.5% spread I try requires me to hit my seed, then advance to the correct frame and collect 2 eggs, the 2nd being the shiny one I want. This always and only happens with 87.5%/12.5% spreads. Does anyone know why?
That's strange :o It's never happened to me, the first egg should be the shiny one if you're on the right frame. I'm not sure why that's happening to you.

I'm just gonna start RNGing legendary pokemon in Soulsilver for the first time and I want to start from Lugia, so I have a few questions:
My target frame is 71 (with synch) or 84 (without synch); so to verify my seed, I need to call Elm 8 times and that would also advance my frame by 8 (and current frame being 9). So how do I advance the rest of the frames? Calling Elm? I mean AFTER calling him how much does the RNG advance when I walk from the entrance of cave to where lugia is? If you can help me out, thank you. :)

EDIT: While calibrating for what frame my lati is at after I walk out of the fan club room, please tell me how do I find out which seed I hit after soft resetting (I understand the coin flip app won't work so how do I find out what seed I hit in SS?)? And if I use Elm calls to verify then I have to take into account how many times I called Elm so I know how many times I advanced the frame. And like roamers in DPPt, are the PID and IVs of roamers in SS determined at the time they are released? (For lati, this would be the time I exit the house or after I'm done talking to steve? Please help me out if you can. :)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
For Lugia entering it's cave and going up to it doesn't advance the RNG unless you go over the 128 step threshold, which would advance it by the number of pokes in your party. Unfortunately depending on your save it could advance it after just 1 step, or after 127 steps. You won't know until you test it.

To advance the RNG aside from calling Elm you can call Youngster Joey (except when he wants a rematch) to advance it by 2 frames, or you could use the bottom-right radio station. Tuning into it advances it by 1 frame if the hour # isn't a multiple of 3 -1 (ie. 2:00, 5:00, etc). Edit: I think the radio is for Johto only.

For Latios you're better off fainting it and RNGing it from Lance's room via Roamer method (must have the other two roamers not captured) and advancing via the radio IMO. The RNG advances by some amount that is hard to figure out while you're talking to Steven or something (or is that because of the NPCs in the house?).

So I don't know what's going on. I was able to RNG hatch a shiny in my Pearl version a long time ago. But now I'm trying to do this in my Platinum and it's just not working.

I am running into the problem where the hatched pokemon is not shiny nor are the other qualities correct (gender, ability, nature). I have gone over the the culprits in the guide and I'm just not sure what is causing it.

First, let me begin by saying that I obtained my SID from chained shinies. The first time I got my SID it was a certain number, then I happened to check again and I got a different number. I've checked the SID several times now and have been consistently getting the second SID number; so I assume that is the correct one.

Now, I am trying to hatch a shiny Spinarak. I have a male Ariados, a female Ariados, and a Japanese Ditto. I began by using the male Ariados and the Japanese Ditto. I did not have an everstone on either pokemon. Also, I selected the "DpptEgg PID (International)", as per the guide's instructions.

Here is my process:
1) Turn on DS and make note of time. Press A on continue screen.
2) Find and capture level 50+ pokemon.
3) Press x to open menu. Go to "Pokemon."
4) Select captured pokemon and enter its info into RNG reporter Seed Finder.
5) I correctly enter my ID and SID, select the right method, and check shiny only.
6) Generate results.
7) With my seed chosen, I tap once on poketch to get to Happiness Checker and perform indicated number of taps.
8) I then switch to the Coin Flip and and flip the indicated number of heads or tails.

Here's a question: Do I leave the coin flip screen on or do I go to a different app?

9) I have been going to a different app.
10) Fly to Solaceon and enter Daycare to retrieve parents from PC. Leave parents at Daycare.
11) Exit daycare and ride bike until egg is ready.
12) Pick up egg and ride bike until it hatches.

But, the pokemon which hatches has never been right. I have also done this same process (many times) with "normal" parents. Also bad.

So, no everstone, proper method, happiness app closed.

This leaves incorrect counting or incorrect ID/SID, unless someone else catches something.
I'm beginning to think my chained shinies have failed me. :/
Any ideas, suggestions, help?

EDIT #1: Well, I just tried again because I happened to get a very low frame rate.

Happiness App: 15 double taps
Coin Flip: 8 Tails

Now, I really don't think I screwed up counting that time. But I just recalculated the IV's of my chained shinies, and I didn't mess up there either. So, that would lead me to think that I got the right SID. I'm wondering if I'm somehow screwing up with the process... I'm going to try it on my Pearl version and see what happens.

EDIT #2: It worked on my Pearl version, of course. And I did exactly everything the same. The only difference is the ID/SID. The big question is: why aren't my chained shinies giving me a proper SID?

I had to use rare candies to level them all up, in order to get their IV's. (I didn't save, naturally) This shouldn't have any adverse effects, right?

WinterZombie ,

I got a promblem about rng breeding in HGSS the problem is I want to breed for a shiny and the rigth nature for my pokemon but the frame is high what should i do? does calling elm advance the frame or not? thx

Buckert

WinterZombie ,

I got a promblem about rng breeding in HGSS the problem is I want to breed for a shiny and the rigth nature for my pokemon but the frame is high what should i do? does calling elm advance the frame or not? thx
Which frame is high? And what is high exactly? And yes calling Elm advances your frame.

Edit: woops calling Elm only advances for the IV part of the eggs.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
WinterZombie ,

Shiny and nature, so you're going for the egg RNG. Calling Elm does not advance that RNG. Rejecting an egg advances it by 1 and calling Joey advances it by 2.

For Latios you're better off fainting it and RNGing it from Lance's room via Roamer method (must have the other two roamers not captured) and advancing via the radio IMO. The RNG advances by some amount that is hard to figure out while you're talking to Steven or something (or is that because of the NPCs in the house?).
Can you please elaborate? Because as omegadonut said on the first page of this thread "Roaming Latios\Latias: varies, there is an NPC that advances the frame. You will have to save inside the Fan Club and immediately walk out the door or bring up the Pokegear. You will have to do a test run first to calibrate for the Lati's frame, similar to how you calibrate for your egg frame in DPPt", I want to calibrate the frame my lati lands on as soon as I release it, so can someone please tell me how to calibrate the frame for the lati? And are the IVs and PID of lati determined at the time it is released, if not then when? Lastly, how do I RNG lati after fainting it and from Lance's room, I have 0 clue so if someone can help me with that too, I'd be grateful.
Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)