Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Wow, 1000 pages later... I finally feel like RNGing on Emerald again. I finally picked up my Emerald after a while and noticed that my internal battery has run dry. I realize that time-based events will not occur, but do the frames go exactly as normal? Will I still be able to RNG the way I used to?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wow, 1000 pages later... I finally feel like RNGing on Emerald again. I finally picked up my Emerald after a while and noticed that my internal battery has run dry. I realize that time-based events will not occur, but do the frames go exactly as normal? Will I still be able to RNG the way I used to?
Internal battery has nothing to do with the RNG in Emerald, you can still do things the same way.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dry internal battery in Emerald only makes it so you can't hit a small range of very early frames. That's it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
All it does is affect how long it takes you to get into the game, which like Hozu said prevents you from hitting those early frames. Otherwise, it has no effect.

When wanting to get multiple abilities on a single Pokemon via RNG on Pokemon Emerald what does the PID have to end in again? I remember seeing something about if the PID ended with certain values you would be able to have both or NEW abilities it got in the 4th Gen games. Any info regarding this would be much appreciated.

This is in reference to Pokemon like Clefairy who earned new abilities when 4th Gen came out.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
When wanting to get multiple abilities on a single Pokemon via RNG on Pokemon Emerald what does the PID have to end in again? I remember seeing something about if the PID ended with certain values you would be able to have both or NEW abilities it got in the 4th Gen games. Any info regarding this would be much appreciated.

This is in reference to Pokemon like Clefairy who earned new abilities when 4th Gen came out.
Even = ability 0, odd = ability 1
New 4th gen abilities are always ability 1 as far as I know. And don't forget that you can only get the new ability by evolving it in a 4th gen game.

Pokémon Diamond, Entei Wondercard. So I though Wondercard abuse would be just like catching a Pokémon, the only thing is I've never had to deal with wonder npc's in DPPt before. How can I check my frame if the Npc will mess everything up when I try to do coin flip? Do not say anything about Chatot pitches because one I don't yet have a Chatot in Diamond, and two I would not be able to tell it apart. Does receiving Entei advance the frame at all? I know I have to do it quickly after I close the journal to prevent advancements...

Even = ability 0, odd = ability 1
New 4th gen abilities are always ability 1 as far as I know. And don't forget that you can only get the new ability by evolving it in a 4th gen game.
Thank you. I was going to ask if hatching an egg caused the same thing but then I remembered you can't Pal Park eggs O_o

Pokémon Diamond, Entei Wondercard. So I though Wondercard abuse would be just like catching a Pokémon, the only thing is I've never had to deal with wonder npc's in DPPt before. How can I check my frame if the Npc will mess everything up when I try to do coin flip? Do not say anything about Chatot pitches because one I don't yet have a Chatot in Diamond, and two I would not be able to tell it apart. Does receiving Entei advance the frame at all? I know I have to do it quickly after I close the journal to prevent advancements...
I assume you're referring to checking your seed, not frame. In this case, you don't really have a chance to do it; you have to just advance the frame as if you hit your seed, collect Entei, and then check to see if you actually hit it. If you use an IV calculator, you can check that way without having to flip coins (but you should probably flip the coins if you think you hit it just to make sure).

As for your second question, no. All WonderCard Pokémon are on on frame 1, so if your target frame is x, just advance the frame to x - 1, then speak to the man.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Very slight timing difference. DS takes a very small fraction of a second longer to display a video frame.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes. The only difference between the two would the the lag value in EonTimer. Or you would just check/uncheck the GBA box depending on the system used.

Here is my problem. I am playing Pokemon Black, and am currently trying to RNG a shiny Woobat

I am using a Synch and have it as my lead. I am doing the proper keypress and starting my game at the correct time (as I start it 1 second before and have RNGed non-shiny pokemon) and my Timer0 is correct. There are also not any roaming NPCs (I am in Wellspring Cave). My Shiny Frame is 58, and I have 2 Chatots, I go back and forth counting to 58 chatter cries and then use Sweet Scent. If I find a Swoobat, it is not shiny and does not have the desired IVs. Can anyone help me determine what the issue might be?

Okay so I'm trying to RNG Lugia in SS. It's my first attempt at RNG abuse, and I realize i've chosen a hard one to begin with because

1. At this point in the game it's impossible to reliably verify if you're on the right seed
2. You can't call Elm to advance the frames in Whirl Islands

So I'm just going to have to persevere and hope for the best. I THINK I understand the basics. although there's one thing I'm a little confused about:

The target frame for the Lugia is 4. Now, because I can't calle Elm to advance the frames, I have to use the "walk 128 steps" method. Both roamers are dead. Walking 128 steps will advance the frames by the amount of pokemon I have in my party, correct? So how many pokemon should I have in my party? 2 or 3? Do I start on frame 0 or frame 1? Does interacting with Lugia advance it by a frame?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Okay so I'm trying to RNG Lugia in SS. It's my first attempt at RNG abuse, and I realize i've chosen a hard one to begin with because

1. At this point in the game it's impossible to reliably verify if you're on the right seed
2. You can't call Elm to advance the frames in Whirl Islands

So I'm just going to have to persevere and hope for the best. I THINK I understand the basics. although there's one thing I'm a little confused about:

The target frame for the Lugia is 4. Now, because I can't calle Elm to advance the frames, I have to use the "walk 128 steps" method. Both roamers are dead. Walking 128 steps will advance the frames by the amount of pokemon I have in my party, correct? So how many pokemon should I have in my party? 2 or 3? Do I start on frame 0 or frame 1? Does interacting with Lugia advance it by a frame?
Hey there!

1. Even though you can't make calls, you can easily verify your seed using the roamers method. I know you said you fainted them, but you can make then re appear if you beat the elite four.

2. Walking to advance the frames is outdated; use chatots instead. What you need to do is record a chatter on a chatot or two, now everytime you bring up its summary the frame will advance by one! Not only that, but if the roamers method doesn't work for you, you can use the pitches to determine if you hit your seed or not and tell you what frame you're on!

3. Interacting with it will advance the frame; stop at frame 3 and you should be all good!

Hey there!

1. Even though you can't make calls, you can easily verify your seed using the roamers method. I know you said you fainted them, but you can make then re appear if you beat the elite four.

2. Walking to advance the frames is outdated; use chatots instead. What you need to do is record a chatter on a chatot or two, now everytime you bring up its summary the frame will advance by one! Not only that, but if the roamers method doesn't work for you, you can use the pitches to determine if you hit your seed or not and tell you what frame you're on!

3. Interacting with it will advance the frame; stop at frame 3 and you should be all good!
Thanks for the advice!. I just traded a Chatot over.

I have just one more inane question: when you say "stop at frame 3" does that mean I will have used chatter twice, or three times? (assuming no roamers)

Hi, I'm trying to RNG for the first time. I'm going for a shiny Ho-oh on SS. Basically, I understand the process, but I don't fully understand how spreads work for shinies. I understand that the IVs that shinies have are determined by your ID and SID, so I won't be able to get one with amazing IVs. But I don't understand how to search for shiny seeds. I've tried on RNGReporter, using the 4th Gen Time Finder, but I end up with hundreds of results, so I don't think I'm doing it right. Can someone help?
Also, here's the guide I'm using: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hi, I'm trying to RNG for the first time. I'm going for a shiny Ho-oh on SS. Basically, I understand the process, but I don't fully understand how spreads work for shinies. I understand that the IVs that shinies have are determined by your ID and SID, so I won't be able to get one with amazing IVs. But I don't understand how to search for shiny seeds. I've tried on RNGReporter, using the 4th Gen Time Finder, but I end up with hundreds of results, so I don't think I'm doing it right. Can someone help?
Also, here's the guide I'm using: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154
why do you think you're not doing it right? if you didn't specify for IVs, it's possible to end with a lot of results; even if you didn't RNG'd your i/sid. Could you post screenshots?

Ok, I've tried again and I got a seed. I put it into Seed to Time;

I tried for the time, changing my date and time to the one highlighted. I used Eontimer and when I got into the game, I checked the roamer locations. I got
R-35, E-37, L-1, which I typed into "Search Roamers". But it said that there were no matches for these roamer locations. What am I doing wrong?
EDIT: I've tried again numerous times. I've widened my adjacents, and I've checked to make sure I'm doing everything right. But it still says there are no matches. Does anyone have any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)