Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Question about advancing IV/PID frames in Gen. 5.

I'm RNGing for a Virizion on IV frame 28. I plan on advancing the RNG with a bunch of repels and running.

There are no wild Pokemon in the grove, so I should not have to worry about all that running advancing the PIDRNG frame, correct? Or will I need to account for that somehow.
Well, this is not the right thread; there's s thread dedicated just to 5th gen rng. Anyways, if I remember correctly the PID frame advances by 1 every 17-20 steps you take, so you need to account for that.

regarding gen3 emerald abuse, i was reading through bitterlemon/shadowhunter's guide and the rapidshare link to rsedecode is no longer valid, and the megaupload link to shiny bit xor calculator is obviously dead as well.

i was wondering if any of you have a copy of these files, or have alternative download links. i did a google hunt, but was unsuccessful.

I'm trying to RNG a Gastly in the old chateau (Diamond). I hit my seed, 52140289, looked at a journal page about a caught pokémon 45 times and then used sweet scent. The hit frame should be 92, but instead it was 179, which is too high and, strangely, odd. Initial frame for sweet scent in a house is 2 and the journal advances the frame by 2 each time you look at it, so there is no way it would get odd. There also is no walking NPC in the room to advance it and I didn't move my character.
What's likely the problem?

Edit: I have now also hit frame 137 on another seed, with same advances and different room in the chateau.
Edit 2: Same thing is occurring in lost tower.

How difficult it is to learn rng for 4th gen? Where's the guide for HG/SS?
4th gen RNG is tougher than 5th gen, but manageable if you have some patience. There actually isn't one for HGSS onsite as far as I know. The best you can do is check out the 2nd post of this thread and watch videos by bearsfan092 for now (as far as I know, that's how I learned anyways).

Is there a step-by-step walkthrough for 3rd Gen non-Emerald RNG somewhere? I found the FireRed post, but it was a little too technical to understand for me.

Diamond. Crown Entei. I have most of it down there's only one part I need to know. If I hit a wrong seed, how do I know what seed I did hit? There's a wondering npc so I can't use poketch flips. I did 16 journal flips so I can't do the find seed from stats. What can I do to know what frame I started on? I need to know what adjustments to make.

Diamond. Crown Entei. I have most of it down there's only one part I need to know. If I hit a wrong seed, how do I know what seed I did hit? There's a wondering npc so I can't use poketch flips. I did 16 journal flips so I can't do the find seed from stats. What can I do to know what frame I started on? I need to know what adjustments to make.
The NPC doesn't affect the coin flips; the coin flip results are related to the IRNG. If you don't get the right IVs on Entei, then perform the 10 flips like you normally would and look for your results in the list of adjacent seeds. Once you know what seed you hit, check Entei's IVs, and use them to find your frame.

Also, you should still be able to find your seed by catching a Pokémon and inputting its stats/IVs regardless of the 16 Journal flips.

Are the frame advancements caused by WNPCs on route 3 (Black1) fixed for every different seed? Let's say I got an abused egg and I deduced that WNPCs increased my Initial frame by 2 for that seed I had hit. Will it be 2 as well for a different breeding seed?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Are the frame advancements caused by WNPCs on route 3 (Black1) fixed for every different seed? Let's say I got an abused egg and I deduced that WNPCs increased my Initial frame by 2 for that seed I had hit. Will it be 2 as well for a different breeding seed?
No.

The NPC doesn't affect the coin flips; the coin flip results are related to the IRNG. If you don't get the right IVs on Entei, then perform the 10 flips like you normally would and look for your results in the list of adjacent seeds. Once you know what seed you hit, check Entei's IVs, and use them to find your frame.

Also, you should still be able to find your seed by catching a Pokémon and inputting its stats/IVs regardless of the 16 Journal flips.
Well I input Entei's ivs and it said it couldn't find any results, but if you think the coin flip still works I'll try it.

Edit: I expanded range and found something maybe my calibration was way off.

Edit: This is weird. I somehow just hit an odd delay. It still says I have Emerald inserted and my delay's close to what I've been getting so it's not a mistake.

Do keypresses help maintain timer0s? I have been trying to RNG a flawless reshiram on white2 (DSi) with no results so far. Are there methods for maintaining timer0s in the first place?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Do keypresses help maintain timer0s? I have been trying to RNG a flawless reshiram on white2 (DSi) with no results so far. Are there methods for maintaining timer0s in the first place?
This thread is for 3rd and 4th gen RNG only, please keep 5th gen RNG questions in the other thread.

Well I input Entei's ivs and it said it couldn't find any results, but if you think the coin flip still works I'll try it.

Edit: I expanded range and found something maybe my calibration was way off.

Edit: This is weird. I somehow just hit an odd delay. It still says I have Emerald inserted and my delay's close to what I've been getting so it's not a mistake.
Unlike Platinum, Diamond and Pearl can hit both even and odd delays regardless of the presence of a Pokémon GBA game. Also, I often have issues with being unable to find a match for my flips, in which case I just find the seed by catching a Pokémon.

Okay, this might be a dumb question but...

...regarding Elm calls in HGSS: if my ten calls to Elm correspond with frames 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, picking up an egg immediately afterwards would result in IVs from frame 13, right? Not frame 12?

right. Unless the NPC(s) move(s) again, then you would hit even a higher frame.
Awesome, thanks. Took me until the middle of 5th gen to learn 4th gen RNG breeding but I finally got it to work lol.

Another question: is the duration of the white screen appearance when the game loads consistent from seed to seed? Or do I need to test for it each time I try RNGing with a different seed?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I would say it stays the same; I have done tons of gen4 RNGs and have never needed to calibrate for anything.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hacked strain = 0.X
Legal strain = 1.X

Both of them becomes 1.0 when fully cured. Since editors always used to create 0.X it has caused 1.0 to be labelled as the default strain. It's legal but unless you have something that's infected but not cured there's no way to tell if it was 0.X or 1.X.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)