My day in Phoenix [a VGC war-story] picture heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Saturday Morning-it begins
i wake up at 3am rushing to the seattle/tacoma airport to catch my flight. i arrive in phoenix at 8:03am and my eyes are very heavy because i only have 3 hours of sleep under my belt[that would last me the whole day with no energy drinks what so ever] thats right i was running on pure VGC excitement. i quickly get to my hotel, drop my stuff[including my pokewalker CRAP] and rush back to the airport to catch the bus that would take me to the convention center[woot for not getting lost first time attempt]. on the bus i meet a fellow contender who is on the skirmbliss forums and i even think here on smogon[less active] named JoJo

yep you may remeber him from his gengar earings, pretty cool guy

VGC-the middle
so we both get off the bus and Roar into the convention hall like thunder and lighting, feeling sorry for the trail of victims we were gonna leave behind.....HA jk. i dont know about JoJo but i was feeling very nervous, did i practice enough?, was my team ready to counter and be uncounterble? did i just waste a bunch of money?,

"my team has been taken out of the story but will be back soon"

VGC-THE MAIN EVENT [que eye of the tiger music merriland]
JoJo and i wasted a bunch of time chilling inside the room instead of linning up we ended up having to wait in line longer than we should have.
so here we are all bored.

FINALY we are getting there. i was starting to feel the heat and doubts

battle 1- DING DING
this was by far the easiest battle for me to have EVER, well expect for all the npc's in pokemon games on roads. i dont know why nintendo makes them so dam easy.
he led with togekiss and magmortar. i won pretty easy 4-0
battle 2-DING DING
this was the most interesting team ever. this guy's lead was jolteon and espeon, his back ups were unbreon and glacion. i also again did not get to find out this guy's strategy. my God the EON family [except for unbreon] have weakass defences, his team was so interesting and the match was so fast i decided to ask him what his strategy was. he said all his pokemon had hidden power something and had insane speed [maybe scarfed on 1 idk] and that he owned in battle one and when he was playing people for fun earlier. go figure i win 3-0

battle 3-DING DING
if u look at the last picture above u can see the guy with the long blondish hair. well this was him. i cant quite remeber his team but it was a very 1 sided battle. so he leads something cresselia. i am almost 100% sure it was kyogre/cresselia lead. i win 3-0

battle 4-DING DING
i was really worried going into this one because my opponent was one of the 2 African-American brothers who had big afros. he was a really cool guy and they were both sweeping the competion. he leads Marowak and slowking and i blank out. i am like WTH, i cant predict this lead and why. o well i win 3-0 whiles his brother makes it to the finalists lounge.

BREAKTIME-chilling with JoJo, badintent and ipl in the lounge and taking pics

OMG-donut haha. anyways it was nice to finaly meet you guys

Merriland giving me his signeture thumbs up woot. wish i didnt miss pikachu

badintent ofcourse. i had to get a Pic with him, nice to meet you aswell.

ok Funtime over, time to get back to bissness says the staff.
alright so the staff explains to us how the whole "who gets byes" thing works. in the end the girl infront of me gets the bye because she got the yellow card. GAAAAAA if only i had gotten infront of her. that day i drew the line on how far i let the"ladies first" saying convince me to actually let ladies go first. those who did not get a bye were led to the stations to battle it out and see who gets to top 16 atleast, anyways i was at the station staring into my opponents eyes telling him Good luck whiles deep inside it was more like "i cant loose now, i have come to far, spent to much money and i am winning this whole dam thing damit and if i dont i am atleast getting an invite to nationals or so help me God" with such burning determination the battle started.

Battle 5- ding ding
this guy had a full 100% water/raindance team. holy crap it was about dam time i saw a 100% raindance team. and he was Good i could see how he got as far as he did. he had the common Kyogre on his team but then he also had lapress and omastar and i didnt know what kind of edit he made to the common raindance team but i played hard and i was home free and made it into the top 16 WOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT.

Battle 6-DING DING
well my oponent was shinryu and all i can say is the better man won. his team was very unique and the sprise of it eventually became my downfall. i forgot to save the vid :(. he lead weavile and a hypnosis persian.

the aftermath
after getting my ass handed to me i grabed a drink and cheered on people as i watched the rest of the contest to see who won, i taped the semi-final of shynryu but the first 55 secs of it isnt working so if i posted it it woulda be with the first round of the battle almost done. after xerograde was crowned i had some more fun with pictures

shynryu
and xerograde
fighting it out for a spot in the finals, thanks for the smiles guys

Final battle. gratz again xerograde, such a cheap win with that protect lol, and u know.....sorry for the yelling i did and starting up the crowd :)

riding chikorita, cynda would have burnt me and totodile's spiky back would just kill me.

pffft some1 is Jealous i didnt pick to ride him.

The after party

with the main event over i went over to the amc theater nearby and watched shrek, i love shrek but the last 1 is.....ehh i would rather watch it on dvd, i still had a blast.

i am glad i got an invite to nationals but ATM i am not sure if i am gonna be able to make it to INDI or not :(

THE END

Ninahaza

it reduces your speed by 50%, you are basically reverse scarfing. but be warned if used on flying types the can get hit by ground moves

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your round 3 opponent (the dude with the long blondish hair) was my friend Wyatt. It actually was a TR team, and he could've handled DV Smeargle if only he'd listened to me and put Giratina instead of Kyogre up first. :P

Ninahaza

hehe thats funny, i knew he was connected to you somehow donut cause i saw you both talking. he had a good team, its just very hard to counter a TR team, infact the only thing i think you can do is stall it out. i just hate the downfall of a tr team.

GJ. Btw because of Para's dry skin, it will never ever survive fire. I'd imagine even Ember would OHKO it with Dry Skin. And really Ape and Groudon are the ones I see using it, and maybe HW Zapdos. Yache is a decent idea, but I'd rather survive an uncommon fire move than the somewhat-common (more like all the time common) ice move. It will 2KO you no matter what. Then again, so does fire. So I don't know what I'm saying. lol

GJ though. Congrats on top 16.

Excellent job getting into the top 16. It's amazing how well Parasect did for you. I really hope you can make it to nationals, man. That Persian team apparently caught pretty much everyone off guard. Great effort though.

Ninahaza

yeah the pictures are awsome, and thats not even all of them, i just didnt want to make my war story longer

Ninahaza

its ok Masha, in time i am sure i will come to forgive you :)

o and congratz to you as well for making top 8. hopefully i can make it to nationals and see you there

Ninahaza

Sorry guys but at the moment its looking like a no for nationals for me. i am still trying to make sure i attend but its not looking good right now

yeah the pictures are awsome, and thats not even all of them, i just didnt want to make my war story longer

yes i still cant believe how awsome parasect worked for me. especailly seeing how big a risk it was to have him on the team. but what i cant believe even more is how people let my palkia live, palkia was my downfall, he dies no more trickroom, but i guess its hard to see that weakness and focus on palkia when there is a smeargle spaming dark void infront of your eyes.
Yeah, Smeargle takes a huge load off the rest of your team. My friend was also using Trick Room and it helped his Kyogre stay alive. Too bad Masha beat him in round 3 =X

Sorry guys but at the moment its looking like a no for nationals for me. i am still trying to make sure i attend but its not looking good right now
=( I wish everyone that got into top got a travel award. TPCi is so rich; they can afford to do that.

Ninahaza

=( I wish everyone that got into top got a travel award. TPCi is so rich; they can afford to do that.
yeah those jerks..haha just playing. but you know its kinda my fault, it starts from last year VGC when i had trained so hard, built a team that would make anyone proud to have lost to, i was so pumped you have no idea and then i get heartbroken because nintendo did the raffle thing and i was not picked. i didnt cry or anything but i pretty much gave up on pokemon till a week before this year's VGC in seattle and because i had spent the whole year being pissed at TPCI i came into this year's VGC very unprepaired, both money and competition wise. not to mention i failed to grab a cash prize in phoenix and seattle so all in all i have to take some of the blame. i dont even know why i decided to compete this year again, i had given up on VGC after 2009's events. o well guess i am just a VGC competitor through and through and cannot pass it up. but you can rest assure that next year i am going to be ready with enough money to go to all the cities if i wanted [haha Just kidding....maybe most]

oh my god this is terrible you have to go man, chaosxninahaza has to happen
Kirby why do you want me to meet chaos so bad?, i am very curious now, ooohh do we like look alike or something

Hmm, so you're the shutterbug eh? Figured you probably were from Smogon or somewhere. Was a good game for sure, perhaps you found a new respect for Persian? XD

Ninahaza

Hmm, so you're the shutterbug eh? Figured you probably were from Smogon or somewhere. Was a good game for sure, perhaps you found a new respect for Persian? XD
haha i had to look up the word shutterbug. also i have always had respect for all pokemon really although persain has been on my ignore list when it came to the competitive scene but now it has moved up the list. as for being from smogon or somewhere, well i have really never belonged to anywhere till recently when i finaly decided to join smogon after using it as a resource for so long :) .

Ninahaza

are you kidding, I think you are the first person I ever met blacker than chaos
hehe thats the big reason, aww men what a let down, alright i'll try extra hard to make it to nationals so i can confirm this and i will make sure to bring my camera that has the extra bright flash light so my picture with chaos comes out nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)