My Offensive Team

After messing around with a few different teams throughout the week on shoddy I've finally found a team that fits my style of play and tends to win, bar some horrific hax. I just looking for some suggestions regarding some obvious weaknesses, while still keeping an offensive feel for things.

THE TEAM

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Aerodactyl is my absolute favorite lead. Taunt combined with its high speed screws up so many setup leads it's not even funny. It also practically always sets up Stealth Rocks with its Focus Sash. Earthquake is there to try and hit for easy super effectives, and Rock Slide provides stab and a pretty good flich rate.
---

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion

Metagross is the most expendable of all my team members and also the pokemon I am most willing to take out for a better pokemon. It's a basic CBGross that I put in mostly for the power of Meteor Mash, the priority of Bullet Punch, and Explosion to kill practically anything that gets really annoying, namely Scizor (Another big problem).
---

Lucario (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

I love Luke. Aerodactyl prevents Stealth Rocks from getting on the field most of the time, he is immune to Sandstorm, and is also immune to Toxic Spikes therfore making an excellent candidate for a Focus Sash. The Sash helps me get past Heatran's initial Fire Blast and Earthquake for the KO. Other that that he is a basic SDLuke.
---

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch

ScarfTar takes alot of people by surprise, generally scoring me some pretty easy kills on the likes of Salamence and Zapdos (I seem them like every other battle). Stone Edge is there for stab and super effective hits. Pursuit is in for killing on the switch. After playing with this team for a while I noticed how many rain teams are popping up, and along with that Kingdra usage is becoming more prevelant and this Tyranitar rapes the common no HP no Def Kingdra. Switch in on Kingdra, which cancels the rain, and hit it with a super effective Dragon claw which, with Stealth Rocks and Sandstorm, will almost always kill the Kingdra iirc.
---

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Double Hit

Scizor has become an incredible part of my team. It provides alot of NVE switch ins and provides an incredible inbetween pokemon due to an immensely powerful U-Turn to the next pokemon. Bullet Punch owns pretty much any frail sweepers and even some bulkier pokemon that are weak to steel (I can only remeber T-tar and Mamoswine but I'm sure there are more). Double Hit breaks subs and hits the pokemon hiding behind, and Pursuit for predicted switches.
---

Salamence (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ground]

My "trump card". Well not really but I like to think of it as one. This is my wall breaker, destroying the likes of Swampert, Hippowdon, Zapdos, Vaporeon and others like that that would otherwise be pretty detrimental to my team. Mence loves switching into Scizor after a Draco Meteor which then proceeds to U-turn back for another round. This pokemon is absolutely life saving. HP ground is there for Heatran rather than having to use hydro pump.
---

THREAT LIST

Tyranitar: Easily killed by Scizor's Bullet Punch, and if absolutely necessary Lucario can earthquake it.

Gyarados: Tyranitar kills it pretty easily IF I can manage to get to it before a dragon dance, otherwise so sacrifices are in order (mabey Salamence?). SR plus Sandstorm helps also.

Infernape: A big nuisance for my team. Aero takes care of it if it is still around in the late game, otherwise resort to Lucario again.

Electivire: Earthquake pwnage by Lucario, Never really been a problem.

Heracross: Salamence switch in with intimidate really bothers it but I lack a reliable form of killing it, not really a problem though.

Salamence: Tyranitar's quick Stone Edge surprises alot of people and ussually scores me the KO. SR weak.

Togekiss: Tyranitar also kills it pretty quick. Also SR weak.

Gengar: Scizor murders these with Bullet Punch or Pursuit

Lucario: Opposing Lucario are taken down by Tyranitar's earthquake, Bullet Punch and extremespeed dont KO and It's not fast enough to CC Tar.

Starmie: Crunched By quick T-Tar, Sandstorms Defensive raise helps switch in.

Weavile: Dont see these anymore but Scizor is a perfect switch in.

Dugtrio: It is frail enough to be killed by Scizor's Bullet Punch, iirc.

Porygon-Z: Another frail sweeper falls to Scizors Rampage.

Machamp: This thing is annoying. Dynamic Punch makes it so I can's safely switch in anything but if Aero is still around I dont mind Sacrificing him to bring in Salamence.

Snorlax: Never really a problem, Lucario's Close Combat/Focus Sash is an easy kill.

Zapdos: Pesky Zapdos, Draco Meteor kills it pretty easily though.

Suicune: Again Draco Meteor.

Breloom: I usually Bullet Punch it with whatever is around, namely Scizor.

Ninjask: Lead Ninjask gets stopped by Taunt then killed by Rock Slide by Aerodactyl.

Metagross: Lucario and Tyranitar are good candidates for a quick EQ KO.

Heatran: Pretty much only Aerodactyl can stop the Scarf variety, I really need help with this one.

Celebi: Fire Blast from Mence kills pretty easily, Aero likese to Taunt these.

Jirachi: Fire Blast by Mence again.

Dragonite: Tyranitar murders these with Stone Edge.

Mamoswine: Scizor loves switching in on Ice Shard and KOing with BP.

Yanmega: Lead kinds are no problem with Aerodactyl's Taunt/Rock Slide.

Kingdra: Tyranitar kills these with dragon claw as stated above.

Scizor: I am not to sure how to handle these either, I usually switch in with Metagross on BP and Explode but there must be something better. Suggestions?

I never really have many problems with the things on the threat list except quick fire types (ScarfTran and Infernape), DDGyarados, Scizor, and Machamp to name a few.

Dropping Metagross for something else that will help with my problems while keeping an offensive feel to the team would be very nice.

Thank you for reading.

Focus Sash is nullified by the most common type of lead in the game that's if they get Stealth Rock down. You should just stick with Life Orb, I'm also a bit concerned that you're using Jolly on him I guess you can out-speed stuff like Mamoswine and the Rotom squad, but stuff like Zapdos and Salamence run EV spreads especially to outrun Lucario. You might want to look at the analysis to see what Adamant and Life Orb can do. Oh yeah, Crunch or Ice Punch over Earthquake. Close Combat and Earthquake share almost the same coverage so having both in the same set is bad.

You should stick with Pursuit on Tyranitar. Stone Edge will hit pretty much anything harder than Dragon Claw ever could. Stone edge can OHKO Salamence while Dragon Claw can't, both Stone Edge and Dragon Claw OHKO Kingdra if Stealth Rock is up. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Stone Edge can handle anything Dragon Claw can and better. Pursuit will come in handy more often that Dragon Claw. So Pursuit over Dragon Claw.

Salamence has the same problem. Hydro Pump can handle Heatran fine. HP ground only hits Empoleon harder and even then you only have a 53% chance to 2HKO Empoleon with Hidden Power Ground (with Stealth Rocks down) which in return can OHKO with Ice beam. Once again just stick with the standard move, Dragon Pulse, a reliable STAB move only resisted by Steel types that still hits hard without the negative effect of Draco meteor.

Double hit is also a bit meh but I guess it can come in handy with Skymin and other frail Substitute users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)