NBA discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Skip to My Lou! I can't believe my Suns lost tonight...Well, I can, but just don't want to. Season Predictions? Anyone. I think the Suns can probably win around 47-52 games and get a 4th or 5th seed.

Well, the Suns were Nash-less, so it's not too surprising they lost (even if it was to Miami). What was surprising is how they let Dwayne Wade walk over them with what, 43 points...

I mean, the Suns can win without Shaq, without Nash is another story entirely...

Lakers dominating like usual. I really hope they win it all this year, didn't like the outcome of last year seeing as how I'm not really a Boston fan.

Great that the Bulls won, but they really need to trade for some taller players. The backcourt just looks so overcrowded.

Great that the Bulls won, but they really need to trade for some taller players. The backcourt just looks so overcrowded.
I agree with this statement. The tragic thing is, they won't be able to trade Hinrich (6'2) even when he comes back, because it'll be passed the trading deadline. I suggest that they trade Aaron Gray and Luol Deng for someone that can actually play well, like Ilgauskus or Oden.

Sorry for the Hinrich hate, to any of the Hinrich fans out there, but he really is a below-mediocre player with the Bulls and he needs a new team to unlock the potential that he cannot open with the Bulls.

Lakers dominating like usual. I really hope they win it all this year, didn't like the outcome of last year seeing as how I'm not really a Boston fan.

Kaman on the trading block, he should be a perfect fit

Despite al the fun of being a Mavericks fan for the last 10 years...
1) Robbed of a finals
2) A 67 win team loses to a shitty Golden State team that plays out of their minds thanks to Nelson/Davis
3) We indefensibly trade Devin Harris for Jason Kidd (I bitched about this relentlessly)
4) Devin Harris ends up playing out of his mind...and I was upset when I merely thought he would continue to be as good as he WAS, maybe a little better.

Golden State beat us in all the games we played against them in at 67 win season, so it was kind of to be expected.

Though still depressing :(

On the subject of Devin Harris. How's 'bout them Nets? Everybody predicted them to be in the cellar of the Eastern Conference, yet they're sitting pretty at 9-7 and 6th in the Standings, ahead of teams like Toronto and Philadelphia. Oh, and Harris torched my Suns for 47 last night. What ever happened to Raja Bell? He's suppose to be our Bruce Bowen type of guy yet we've been lit up for over 40 by 2 guards. Amare needs to keep his head on straight and be more consistent, I know that it's partly the stagnant offense, but still. You don't just dominate whenever you feel like it...

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
yeah its almost like vince carter......cares.

about bell, he is a great perimeter defender but he has trouble with faster, more athletic guys. i doubt even bowen could've stopped harris though, sometimes its just your night.

Amare has a very low game IQ (as a matter of fact, a very low IQ at all). I thought Suns were gonna start to build a team around him, but it would've been a big mistake. I hope they never do it.

By the way, so sad what happened with Barbosa's mother. I like that boy a lot, hope he gets well soon.

Still about brazillians, Nene is wild this season. After what happened with him a few time ago. Another guy that I like a lot to see playing. For me, one of the best defenders in the paint.

GOOOOO SUNS

Feel bad for Marbury? I'm surprised they still haven't got rid of him. He can't complain though, the Knicks are still shelling out money to him for him doing nothing pretty much.

Dude says Mike D'Antoni didn't ask him to play when they had a roster of what 7 people?
Bullshit.
Good job, Steph. Don't step up when the team needs you.

Despite Chicago losing in overtime, I'm still impressed by Rose. He was fairly consistent with his jumpers and was quick in transition. This guy has a future alright, he's playing better than other rookies I've seen.

Tyrus Thomas has to STOP taking those goddamn jumpers. He has to drive into the basket more. Jumpshots just aren't his thing.

Noooo, my beloved Lakers lost!

...to the Pacers!

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
attn: marbury-bashers: shut up

Marbury showed up to camp and worked harder than he ever has in his career, was mostly good in the locker room, and generally was a good citizen...after D'Antoni shit on him like he did in Phoenix. You see, for some reason, D'Antoni and Marbury just don't like each other.

Marbury was essentially being frozen by the team - he was being coerced to accept a lower buyout. He was basically treated like "dead space" and he was basically alienated from the team.

Yes, Marbury should have played - that's what his contract says.

. But I understand why he wouldn't want to play - all of a sudden, when D'Antoni needs a hand he comes to a guy he has thrown under the bus at every possible opportunity.

The entire Marbury saga is essentially the Knicks saying "we don't like you so we're going to sit you on the bench and not play you, AND not try to cut or trade you, even for equivalent expirings."

Marbury is far from perfect (though he's been a scapegoat everywhere he's been - oh KG goes from a top 25 player to a top 3 player after Marbury leaves, that's totally on him, and his two other stops the teams he left just happened to add two of the greatest point guards to play the game)...but the way the Knicks have handled this is embarassing from an organizational standpoint, and makes clear that the Knicks organization is broken in a way nobody (not even LeBron - who should want no part of that pathetic excuse for a franchise when he could go to Brooklyn) can save, at least not in the short term.

(btw d'antoni is a shit coach anyway - he's a slightly better eddie jordan with a bigger ego and the same (read: none) commitment to defense - imo i wouldn't hire him as anything other than an assistant if i had any designs on winning a championship - anyone can win with a hall of fame PG and PF with an all-star SF and ridiculous depth)

okay, can you give evidence that he can't help a contender as a 3rd, 4th or 5th option?
I agree, too much hate on the guy. He still got some tank left in him.. he could still help a contender. It's just D'antoni being a baby because what happened in the past..

BTW:

Sam Mitchell is fired! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)