New New Name and Profile Change Requests [READ THE OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
Hi! I’d like a name change because I would like my smogon profile to match my PS main account. I am voiced in NU as daniYSB, and would like for my accounts to be the same as sometimes there is confusion between my old username and my daniYSB account that I use now. Thank you!

oki--tdp

Last edited by a moderator:

LTG

It’s always gaming time
is a Pre-Contributor
I’d like to namechange to “LTG”. I’ve had the LolTrollGame alt on various platforms for many years, and semi-recently decided I don’t like the name anymore. However, the acronym is cool, and most people on Discord and other places know me as LTG.

oki--tdp

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Hello, I'm here to annoy you all.

So over a year ago, I had my name changed to Plague von Karma, which has been the tag I've used for over 5 years across several platforms. If you count Plague from Karma, it's well over a decade. However, after listening to the Villager hmm sound for 20 minutes, I've decided that a name change is in order. Ok, but seriously, this has crossed my mind several times and I've spent a very long time pondering it.

The name I've decided on is Fran, which is taken by an account that has no posts. It's had a single profile post for what it's worth, but this doesn't appear to contribute to post count. It has not seen use since December 2012. I believe this qualifies for taking over an old name. I understand this holds significant weight in regards to whether or not I should receive the change; these types of name changes are met with extreme scrutiny and I will not be eligible for further changes. I am also aware that I will have to do quite a bit of work to get everything changed to match this new name; my PS stuff would need transferring after a year(?), there are a lot of CMS credit updates, my spreadsheets need updating...etc. I fully recognize that this is a significant change and will handle this appropriately.

I suppose an explanation is in order.

My name has quite a bit of bad blood attached to it, stemming from days where I was still in the closet and kind of insane. I've often prided myself on maintaining this name, but for the past few months, I've been wondering if it's truly worth it. The name is extremely long, to the point of causing me issues on some platforms, in fact, due to character limits among other things. It's easy to abbreviate as PvK, but as evidenced in some conversations, I'll sometimes get addressed as Karma...which is wrong, that's not how "von Karma" works. I can't expect people to know that, though, which is simply more reason for the change. I've also received continued association with Smash as a result of this name, which is a community I absolutely revile after my experiences in it. I initially didn't mind, hell, it's why I initially got the name change to Plague von Karma. But a lot changes in a year, and naturally, circumstances have changed significantly since then. So you could say my reasoning for this change is the opposite of the "uniformity" reason: it has ended up doing me far more harm than good. It got to the point I deleted (not deactivated, deleted) the very Twitter account I cited in my original name change. Besides all of this, my name is incredibly masculine and edgy - again, reflecting the days where I was simply a maniac with internalized transphobia - and something more effeminate to represent my new outlook on life feels right to me.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

this is a tough sell since it gets very very close to a "known user identity" (i.e. fran17), feel free to pm with reasoning for why you wanted fran specifically (as opposed to why you wanna ditch pvk)

Squash

UTA Overlord
Hello i would like to delete the 17 of my nickname, everyone on discord or PS! call me Squash. I also wanted to know how I can get the PS! account called « Squash? », it has been created in 2013 but it looks like nobody played ladder on it. Thanks for reading :D
Edit : feel free to answer my question in PMs :heart:

oki--tdp

@ the PS alt, place to go would be https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/admin-requests.346/ or https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/3621890/ though it's likely they'll make you wait until it's been a while longer since the change

I would like to request a namechange to RKD, I lost the pass to rkd alt on PS awhile back and thought to use "irkd" for matching PS/Smogon name at the time. I go by RKD and what it stands for everywhere else online and everyone who knows me calls me it, plus the i is superfluous, so it's about time I made it right.

oki--tdp

Requesting a name change to Lord V
Haven't liked this name in a long long while and I've been meaning to start fresh anyways.

oki--tdp

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
Hi, I've been told to ask for the, "formerly known as" part of my profile to be removed, since it's been more than a month since my name change and I'd like to change my profile picture. Thank you!

voyage

Banned deucer.
I'm not sure how to start this but recently I remembered an account I had on PS from the same year as my forum account. The problem is that before this I had ignored the rules because I thought that one more change could be made. Maybe if I had more patience and I really regret it. I do not know if an exception can be made but honestly I like this nick and I registered shortly after here and my intention once recovered was to be identified and move with it. Well, the nick in question is "voyage" like this. I really had to wait a while and be more patient. For what it's worth I'll leave this behind.

oki--tdp

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello, I would like to request a name change from -Voltage- to just "Voltage". While I had an initial name change, this was done well over 3 years ago and I had to compensate for a user with the name "voltage" existing. However, since I am badged, I would like request the acquisition of this name. The other user "voltage" has zero messages, and has not been online since November of 2007. At this point, this name change would count as a "removal of distracting text", and I understand that this would be effectively be my final name change.

oki--tdp

Hi. I would like to request a correction to my birthdate.
It is currently October 6th 1996 and I would like to correct it to October 6th 1997.
I put a year older when I made the account in 2012

Thanks

oki--tdp

Hi, I would like to change the birthdate to December 13th 2001 on my profile. I used a random birthdate when registering. Thanks in advance.

oki--tdp

Boomenheimer

formerly 2020 idm boomer
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi, I'm requesting a nickname change to '2020 idm boomer.' I made this smogon account a really long time but was never active on it, and now that my active showdown username is '2020 idm boomer' I'd like my smogon username to match it.

Thanks in advance!

oki--tdp

Hi, requesting a name change to "Fruit". As far as I can tell no one else has that name on smogon and "Fruitdealer" was a name I had initially taken long ago because it was my favorite sc2 player at the time. I would like to have my own identity and the name "Fruit" on showdown was registered on the same day as I registered my name "Fruitdealer". I suspect it was one of my old friends who doesn't play pokemon anymore and made the showdown account to troll with me. I would like to gain access to it as well. Fruits will still be delt tho

oki--tdp

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Hello I'd like to change my name to S1nn0hC0nfirm3d. This name change was inevitable as my current name is now defunct. It was a matter of time and the time is now.

No one else has this account, and yes this is a serious request.

edit: I forgot but may I also change my real birthday to August 13th, 1997?

i can't outright reject this one in good conscience but if i grant you this change it's not going back at least until game release so final chance to retract ig

changed your bday

done after PM confirmation

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey there,

I’m requesting a name change to ironwater
The reason is that it is the name I use on both Ps and Discord and it will be easier for people to recognize me. It also helps a lot for tournaments to have the same name on both Ps and Smogon.

Ty for your time.

oki--tdp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)