Nickname discussion

I'll confess that my nicknaming tendencies tend towards the esoteric. Actually, forget just tending towards. Originally Tarot cards, then the ethnarchs of the angelic choirs (Metatron, Iophiel, Tzaphqiel, Tzadqiel, Kamael, Raphael, Haniel, Michael, Gabriel), then the angels of the Shem ha-Mephorasch (the alleged hidden name of God you get by aligning three adjacent verses somewhere in the Pentateuch that are 72 characters apiece), now the angels of the hours described in the Ars Paulina. Don't ask how I allocated which names to which pokemon; it's a complicated process. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to extend a team involving Sabrathan (a Tentacruel) and Beratiel (a Chesnaught). But it's generally only critters I plan to use in PvP teams (which I've never gotten around to doing...{grumble}) that get nicknamed.

Go for it my man, whatever you like yo
Wondering if it was a name that fit, or if it just looked/sounded wrong with Sceptile. Thanks for the thought, I think I might just do it, and battle with it, and see if I like it. Idk why I didn't think of that sooner. :D

Wondering if it was a name that fit, or if it just looked/sounded wrong with Sceptile. Thanks for the thought, I think I might just do it, and battle with it, and see if I like it. Idk why I didn't think of that sooner. :D
Dude, I named several Zebstrika "Spot". And I have a Goodra named "Majin Buudra". Go with what makes you happy.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
How do people here feel about me naming my Sceptile Mjolnir? It's the name of Thor's hammer, and he gets Lightningrod for his ability.
Considering he throws his tail and it comes back (Grow a new one technically) in addition to your reasons, that name is odd, but brilliant.

I have some names for Greninja, such as dat boi. I can truly imagine Greninja riding a unicycle. o shit waddup Not too sure about ninja-related names, though. Maybe the mythological Jiraiya, but not necessarily from the Naruto manga?

I have some names for Greninja, such as dat boi. I can truly imagine Greninja riding a unicycle. o shit waddup Not too sure about ninja-related names, though. Maybe the mythological Jiraiya, but not necessarily from the Naruto manga?
I name mine Ryu or Hayabusa from the Ninja Gaiden game series.

Pokemon GO apparently allows player to let the Autocowreck Autocorrect name your Pokemon.

As such, I saw hilarious names such as Bulb assured, Carmaker, #Gastlyfe, Subwoofer, Spear owner, King Lerman, Horses***, Pudge Ottoman, and so on.

EDIT: Found the link again. The best one is the cocoon of destruction that is Metaphor!!
http://cheezburger.com/860677/list-...rs-are-letting-autocorrect-name-their-pokemon
Did they have speak into the seri autocorrect or was it underlined and they could change it? I am so doing this! I said 'haunter' into the seri autocorrect and it changed it to 'wonder'

Other seri autocorrections I got from Go:

Pidgeot--> did you hot
Pidgeotto--> pituitary yo
Beedrill--piedro
Bellsprout--> damn smart
Machop--> natural
Another pidgeotto--> could you to
Drowzee--> trousered
Evee--> EV (for the first one), Siri (for the 2nd one) and 'Believe me' for the 3rd one
Venonat--> internet
Pidgey--> itchy
Rattata--> ratter tater
Another Pidgey--> peachy
Goldeen-->goatee
Hitmonlee--> it monthly

I think my accent went off for a lot of them!

Last edited:
More seri autocorrect names!

Horsea-->Aussi
Weedle-->Wierdo
Ekans-->Aikens
Kakuna--> it cooler

And the grand finale...

Meowth-->Beyoncé

Omg,that's the best one! Some of these are actually good nicknames I may use in the console games!

I came up with an idea for more nicknames!

Shedninja--> Living on a Prayer.

I got this from the fact that when i was participating in a tournament (on showdown) shedninja is the master of stall and it is all down to chance with him.

Sneasel--> Sly Ice

I was in a pokemon Pearl nuzlocke and I was originally going to nickname him 'Sly' because i had found it on the internet. Then I thought 'what if I made it rhyme with dry-ice?'

In the ninth episode, they caught a female Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well. In reference to said well and to the film The Ring, they named her "Slowmara" after the villain of the film, Samara. It took them directly referencing the film for me to realize what they did since I'm more familiar with the Japanese name for the character, Sadako.
Also, in the current team sidebar (similar to Buttdork's eye bandage in their LeafGreen Nuzlocke), they added the long, black hair to Slowpoke. And it's hilarious.

If I try doing a nuzlocke of Pokemon sun or moon, I'm thinking of nicknaming my Gumshoos 'Trump.'

Don't blame me, I got the idea from Firebot!

Last edited:
Playing my virtual Yellow and just for the nostalgia I did the Gengar glitch and named it "Hush" as it means: To keep from public knowledge, To make silent or quiet. it goes well with both natures of Gengar: 1- Gengar like to be silent and lurk from the shadows so no one knows is around. 2- Because this is a glitch and wasn't know by many people so it make sense, meanwhile in my Alpha Sapphire I nicknamed my Gengar "Grin" because of the big smile and because it sounds like "Grim": Repellent or horrifying very Gengar like.

Honorable mentions:
  • Gyarados: Havoc (Big rage, Massive destruction)
  • Salamence: Savage (Because there's nothing more free than to be wild and soar the skies with freedom) ... Just one word to describe both Dex entries about Salamence, his wish to soar the sky, hence the Wild = Free = Sky and when enraged it goes destroying everything.
  • Charizard-Y: Eclipse (The evocation of the sun and because it looks like the summon from Golden Sun)
  • Female Scizor (with Bug Bite and Bullet Punch): Remilia (Remilia Scarlet the Vampire from the Touhou bullet hell shooter video games AKA The Scarlet Queen)

If you like those nicknames feel free to use them too =)

Edit: some grammar issues....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)